Freezing Panes #3

Hi All

I have a question about freezing panes.  I know that you can freeze panes at
one point in your spreadsheet (Say the first 5 rows) whereby you can scroll
down as much as you want and the top 5 rows stay constant on your spread
sheet.

What I am looking to do is to freeze to points on a spreadsheet so that you
can scroll only through a defined area.  For example:

Rows 1 through 5 are frozen
Rows 200 through 205 are frozen

So you can only scroll in between rows 6 and 199.  That was my column
headers and my totals for the information that I am entering are always
visible on the screen and I can only scroll in between the two frozen pane
area.

Is this possible, either through excel itself or through some variation of
coding?

Any and all comments and assistance with this would be greatly appreciated
and I thank all responses in advance.

Thank you,

Jeff

0
JeffTO30 (2)
10/27/2003 5:04:59 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Jeff,

See if this does what you want.  Adjust to your range.  Second line clears
the restriction.

Sub FreezeIt()
ScrollArea = "A5:H25"
'ScrollArea = ""
End Sub

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Jeff" <JeffTO30@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I have a question about freezing panes.  I know that you can freeze panes
at
> one point in your spreadsheet (Say the first 5 rows) whereby you can
scroll
> down as much as you want and the top 5 rows stay constant on your spread
> sheet.
>
> What I am looking to do is to freeze to points on a spreadsheet so that
you
> can scroll only through a defined area.  For example:
>
> Rows 1 through 5 are frozen
> Rows 200 through 205 are frozen
>
> So you can only scroll in between rows 6 and 199.  That was my column
> headers and my totals for the information that I am entering are always
> visible on the screen and I can only scroll in between the two frozen pane
> area.
>
> Is this possible, either through excel itself or through some variation of
> coding?
>
> Any and all comments and assistance with this would be greatly appreciated
> and I thank all responses in advance.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jeff

0
lhkittle1 (70)

Links #3
I have a spreadsheet that is linked to another and pulls in - let's say Monthly $. The only way it updates properly is if you have the other spreadsheet open too. Otherwise, you get VALUE# on all the cells when you select UPDATE. Is there a way to have both spreadsheets open when you open the Monthly $ report. I hope this is making sense? Thanks, P :) -- prhrmk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ prhrmk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23934 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?th...

Re: #3
Regards, laura.biding@ntlworld.com ...

CEICW freezes at configuring firewall
Hello, this post in in relation to my other post of the ntbackup not working. I did a restore and the backups works fine, and i was just testing everything out, when i noticed, the CEICW was not working correctly. IT always freezes at configuring firewall and its 1cm away from finishing that. IT causes the computer to lockup. there are no errors in the event log, or in the ICW.log. the log stops with no errors. I even went back 3 months with the backup and it still has the same problem. I found a working backup from 09 but the active directory has changes so much that it is n...

Printing from Excel #3
Can Excel produce printed reports in a reading view, like Word? If so, how do I do this? Thanks. you mean like File / Print Preview? To make it look like a report, do it with a macro I have a file that is about 10 pages long. I want to be able to print it Landscape, and put page 1 and page 2 side by side on the first sheet, then 3 and 4 and so on. You can do it in Word, it is something like a Reading view, but I can't figure out how to do in Excel. Page Setup, fit to page did not work. Printer was even setup to do 2 pages per sheet, but it did not work. Any thoughts? &quo...

Sorting by more than 3 columns
1) Is it possible to write a macro sorting by more than 3 columns? 2) Can I write input boxes into the macro so that I can determine each time which columns I want to sort by first, second, third, etc.? Thanks Matthew --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ This file might be a help: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/MoreThanThreeColumnSort.zip It's in the "Worksheet with VBA" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm This workbook demonstrates a method to sort four or more columns. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.co...

MS Outlook 2003 #3
Hi, I've installed Outlook 2003, my OS is W2K Pro, daily updated from Live Update, all works fine except the send/receive when I enter the MSOutlook 2003. Basically, once I click the icon in my desktop, nothing happens, to download my mail I have to click the Send/Receive button on the menu bar. Of course the box into the options is set (by default) to send immediately when connected, I did not touch anything of the default values, so it is as I have originally installed. In addition, my system is clean because I've installed a new HD, everything runs very smooth except this. No anit...

Today view "tasks" pane has wrong date
Hello, The task dates in the task pane of the Today view are all one day behind their correct date. The dates are displayed correctly in the main Tasks view, and my computer date is correct. For example, if a task is due today, it shows up correctly in the principal tasks view, but shows up with yesterday's date in the task pane of the Today view. Any ideas? I am using Outlook 2002. thanks. ...

SBPS_NOBORDERS ignored by status window panes when using CMFCVisualManagerOffice2007?
Hi, Removing borders from status window panes does not seem to work when CMFCVisualManagerOffice2007 is active. I'm not sure if this is by design (however odd that could seem) or simply a bug in FeaturePack. Has anyone come up with a workaround? Thanks, Bogdan ...

Outlook 2007 freezes/crashes on startup most of the time
A little more than 50% of the time, Outlook 2007 freezes for me on startup. Usually it is very early on -- according to the task manager, there has been very little I/O when it freezes. When frozen, there is no I/O or change in RAM usage. It appears to be totally dead. After killing the task and restarting a few times, sometimes it will start up fine, other times it will ask me to disable an add-on. The add-on to be disabled appears to be varied randomly. Usually if I disable the add-on, it starts up okay, and then I can re-enable the add-on from the trust center and it works fine from then o...

preview pane globally off
Is there a way to turn off the preview pane for all subfolders(I have 100's of subfolders) thanks CR do you have many custom views? if not... at start menu, run, type outlook.exe /cleanviews This will erase all custom views and better insure step 2 works. Find define views in the Views menu - it's under arrange by or current view, depending on your version. Modify the Message view and disable the preview pane - it's under other settings. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

Restore Question #3
Hello All: Just testing 2003 in a lab environment and have a question. Single server with a single mailbox store. Put some mail in user1 mailbox, backed up exchange and deleted the mail. Did a restore and the mailbox is still empty. I understand the concept of the recovery store to retrieve email from a mailbox store but then what is the point in backing up the store if you cannot do a full restore? It surely doesn't restore mailboxes to their state prior to the backup so what's the point? Am I missing something here? Thanks Are you saying the mailbox doesn't show up in...

time clock #3
There should be an option to print out a receipt on the pos printer every time someone clocks out This way the employee can see what time they must punch back in Or the total hours worked that day ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.c...

Cannot delete messages #3
Hi, Using Exchange 2000 with Outlook XP - can't delete 2 messages with subject "Hey" and "Is that your attachment?". It seems like it was auto previewed but autopreview was off, however, the messages are marked as read. When you try to delete it, the popup says "The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted or access was denied." When you right click on the message(s), there are no options for it. Is there a way to delete messages like this globally on many mailboxes without taking the InfoStore down? ...

custom form not correctly displayed in the preview pane
hi all, I created a custom form by modifing the default message and published it in my personnal forms. what I did is shrink the "message" field to insert a logo between the message field and the subject field. when I send the page (event to myself) the form is correct when I open the message but in the preview pane, I still have the default message form without my logo. how can I also have the preview pane use my custom form ? BTW, the 3D effect check box on the message field is greyed and not modifiable. it is not possible to remove the 3D effect from the message field or ...

Freezing panes
I wish to freeze the upper left corner of the first 5 cells (A1:A5) so that if I scroll right or down the freezed cells will just stay visible whereever I am in the sheet. But I cannot manage to do so. When I freeze the cells and if I scroll down, then the RHS of the freezed cells stay also freezed which I don't want. I just want to freeze the cells and if I scroll right or down the unfreezed parts should scroll as I do. I tried split but also same problem appears. Any solution? You could open a new window to the same sheet and arrange them so that both are visible on s...

Freezing
When I delete messages, Outlook freezes and gives the message that Outlook is not responding. ...

Outlook98 #3
Is there auto complete for email address. If there is how do I fix it. Auto completion is working. Or auto name check is not working. I thought it use to automatically start filling in the email address after you start typing a few letters of the address. -- karenr ksr <ksr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there auto complete for email address. If there is how do I fix > it. Auto completion is working. Or auto name check is not working. > I thought it use to automatically start filling in the email address > after you start typing a few letters of the addr...

3/8" Pistol Grip Impact Wrench
Price:$85.99 Image: http://megadiscountguru.info/image.php?id=B000NPUK7A Best deal: http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B000NPUK7A MIT 3/8" DRIVE PISTOL GRIP IMPACT WRENCH features: * Die-Cast Aluminum Body * High-Power Reversible, Adjustable Torque * Comfortable Pistol Grip Handle * Ball Bearing Motor * Built-in Air Regulator Varies Speed and Power * Maximum Torque: 100 Ft./Lbs. * Maximum Speed: 8,500 RPM * Working Air Pressure: 90 PSI * Average Air Consumption: 3 CFM * Air Inlet: 1/4" * Minimum Air Hose Size: 3/8" * 1-pc. Impact Wrench * 1-pc. Hex Wrench ...

Footnotes #3
Is it possible to include footnotes to text in cells in Excel, similar to how it is done in Word? I.e. if I have text in cell B3, can I insert a footnote at the end of this text that links to a cell at the bottom of the area I am working in? Use Hyperlinks: If you have text in a cell, then in the cell below it: Insert > Hyperlink and then type a destination name. select Place in This Document, select the sheet and enter the cell you want to go to. -- Gary''s Student "Gary T" wrote: > Is it possible to include footnotes to text in cells in Excel, similar to...

install of Office 2004 freezes at User Information screen
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Hi, I'm trying to install Office 2004 on my G5 Mac (using Leopard) and when the installation reaches the User Information screen, it freezes and has to be force-quit. This is true when I use the Setup Assistant or when I do a drag-and-drop installation. I googled and found one person with the same problem- they had solved it by running Autoupdate, so I did that, but it didn't help. Any advice would be appreciated very much! I'm useless without my Excel spreadsheets! Thank you. -Emily Hi Emily - Did your ...

XML Serialization #3
I have an class (A) that contains an class (B1) of type (B). An class (C), contained by class (A), contains its own class (B2) of type (B). When I want to serialize class (A), I want to ignore, programmatically, certain properties on class (B1), BUT, I want those same properties to not be ignored when it serializes class (B2) via serializing class (C). I've set up an XmlAttributeOverride with an XmlAttribute that has the XmlIgnore flag set to true for each property I don't want exposed and for type (B). Of course doing this causes the properties to be ignored for both class (B1) and ...

Outlook freezes #15
Outlook freezes when I try to send a file attachment ...

New Update Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.4
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3254227027_2096185 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Before you install this update, make sure that the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.3 Update is installed on your computer. Be sure to quit all Office applications and Notifications before installing. Quit any virus software also. Note: Entourage will still show 11.3.3 (061214) under About Entourage after the update. About Word shows as 11....

Problems #3
Ok i have never used outllook before so when i double click on Mircosoft Outlook 2003 it starts outlook and shows a screen up in the left hand corner with the title of "configuring outlook" ,then a main window saying "Connecting to Microsoft Exchange server" and the options of "Retry", "Work Offline", or "Cancel" and i tried all of them and they just close out of Outlook when i press any of those options, so will someone please help me with this i would love to get this fixed and use outlook 2003. Please do not multipost. See your r...

freeze pane #2
How do I stop the frozen pane, which in my case is a row, from being included in a sort check the "Header Row" radio button >-----Original Message----- >How do I stop the frozen pane, which in my case is a row, from being included in a sort >. > Select the area you want sorted. Don't include the frozen area. then sort. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "farmwife" <farmwife@hull-o.com> wrote in message news:518E67A8-7E42-42F3-A73B-238196AB95D7@microsoft.com... > How do I stop the frozen pane, which in my case is a row, from being included in a sort ...