Formulas in excel 2007

Hi, I have a workbook that was created in excel 2003. Now we are using
excel 2007.
The formulas don't work work anymore.

Also, simple charts that were created in excel 2003, if you change the
cell values, the chart doesn't update.

Does anyone have an easy fix?

Thansk
Kate
0
ktm19 (1)
11/25/2007 11:41:16 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Easy, no.  Specifically what kinds of formulas are you migrating?  For
charts, check your source data to make sure it's pointing to the
correct location.

On Nov 25, 6:41 pm, Kate <kt...@student.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> Hi, I have a workbook that was created in excel 2003. Now we are using
> excel 2007.
> The formulas don't work work anymore.
>
> Also, simple charts that were created in excel 2003, if you change the
> cell values, the chart doesn't update.
>
> Does anyone have an easy fix?
>
> Thansk
> Kate

0
iasafiev (57)
11/26/2007 1:36:42 AM
Could it be that Calculation is set to manual? Open Formulas tab and look at
calculations option (right of screen)
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kate" <ktm19@student.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a workbook that was created in excel 2003. Now we are using
> excel 2007.
> The formulas don't work work anymore.
>
> Also, simple charts that were created in excel 2003, if you change the
> cell values, the chart doesn't update.
>
> Does anyone have an easy fix?
>
> Thansk
> Kate

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

2003 excell crashed after upgrade from microsoft. repair?
2003 excell crashed after upgrade from microsoft. How to repair? when attempt to open excell worksheet computer acts as if excel has never been installed at all. Returns this message "the path 'microsoft office standard edition 2003' cannot be found. verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package 'std11n.msi' in a folder from which you can install the product Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003. Our problem is we cannot locate the original disk at this time and seriously need access to all the work perfomed o...

Need help using a VBAscript in excel
I need help :-( In this article there is a script to upload a file via FTP in VBA. http://www.naterice.com/articles/51 What I want to do is run this script with a pushbutton or when the file get's closed. I'm new to VBA, and the part where they tell me to supply the information is confusing. As I see it, I have to "open" the FTPupload and parse the information about the server when I call for the script? But how do I do this? I have tried in Excel to past the code in the VBA-editor, but how can I get a button to open this function with the information it needs? I'm ...

help with formula please #2

help with a formula #5

Is there a virus out there that is affecting excel spreadsheets
Was adding my spreadsheets and the numbers would not add up. So I shut my computer down and ran a norton anti virus program. It seemed to correct the problem for now but can someone advise me if there is a virus out there that is affecting the spreadsheet programs Thanks Jean "jean" <jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E371C861-DCB6-4B4F-AF08-335133C560EB@microsoft.com... > > Was adding my spreadsheets and the numbers would not add up. So I > shut my computer down and ran a norton anti virus program. It seemed > to correct the problem for n...

Excel programming
Hi All! Here is some Help asked, since I'm not familiar with Excel programming, I can't find an Answer for my problem. Here is the Problem: I need to replace come words in 1st.Cell with words from another 3rd.Cell if Content of the 1.st.Cell and the 2nd.Cells matches. Main problem is the Volume 25.000 Strings ? 15 Rows. As I understand the algorithm for this operation it may look like this: Get Ai Value Get Bj Value Compare Ai and Bj values for equality If true then get Cj Value and put to Ai Value; Next Ai (Ai++) If false then get next Bj (Bj++) Example: Before replaceme...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

How to run Visual Basic from Excel sheet #8
How do I run a Visual Basic routine from a normal Excel cell. I would like to do something like this: =IF(RunIt=TRUE, Run my Visual Basic routine, Do nothing) So if some calculations results in the variable "RunIt" is set equal to TRUE, the Visual Basic routine must run. Kristian ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Kristian, You can only run functions from a worksheet. Not subs. You can use a worksheet change event. Do a google search for w...

Long delay in Excel due refresh from Smart Tags for Dynamics GP9 ?
We have installed Smart Tags for Dynamics GP9 on a few workstations. Coincidentally, we have noticed users on these workstations have experienced long delays (5 minutes) periodically while working in Excel. We noticed in the Smart Tags documentation is says "It is dynamically refreshed with information from Microsoft Dynamics GP databases based on the last time recognition occurred in the host applications." 1) Has anybody else noticed long delays on workstations where they have installed Smart Tags for Dynamics GP9? 2) Is the Smart Tags refresh period what is causing the...

excel chart embedded in asp page
Is there a way to embed an excel chart, which is feeding off of SQL Server 2000, into an asp page? Thanks! ...

Formula #29

How do YOU organize the Excel projects? #2
I am not a pro in the programming, but I wrote several macros/programs doing various stuff over the years. Some of the rutines I use for future reference. All of them are in the Module1, Module2.....Module35. If I want to find some of the projects I have to go through 30 modules to find the right one. How do pros take care of it? Thanks. You may assign names to your modules. In the VB Editor, select the module and choose View>Properties>select the name that says Module1 and change it as desired. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "art" <a...

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Weekday formula

COM in VB Excel
How do you register a stand alone COM object in a VB macro? ...

Formula to return a formula

Add data to excel series
I receive daily API transation data. Each day the data is provided via a text file. Data is in columns. First column is date, second column is API (35 different APIs), third column is transaction volume and fourth column is average response time. I would like to create a chart with date on the x axis, transaction volume on the y axis, and each API as its own series. I can create a base chart for a single day with all series. I am having a problems adding in addition series data for each additional day? Is there an easy way to add data to each series? Create a PivotTable (and PivotC...

Office 2003 and 2007 on same computer
After installing Office 2003 on my new Windows 7 computer I also installed Office 2007. There is now no sign of Office 2003 on the computer although all of document files are there. I believe I can run both if I set up a seperate user for each, but is there a good way to run both with the same user? -- Larry "Larry H" <LarryH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66EF1DC1-E484-48BA-BB20-3D99C59535E1@microsoft.com... > After installing Office 2003 on my new Windows 7 computer I also installed > Office 2007. There is now no sign of Office 2003...

Count formula within a named range.

excel 4 conversion to excel 2008 for Mac
I have been using excel 4 on Mac computers for years, and like it. I recently purchased Office :mac 2008 and wish to convert simple spread sheets. How? In article <ee8dd08.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Arthur_Massey@officeformac.com wrote: > I have been using excel 4 on Mac computers for years, and like it. I recently > purchased Office :mac 2008 and wish to convert simple spread sheets. How? If you saved your file in XL4 format (e.g., workbooks as .xlw and worksheets as .xls), XL08 should open them just fine. XL08 no longer *saves* in XL4 format though, so if you wish to sav...

Including a formula in a path name.

Word Table into Excel
When I copy a row of text (divided into a number of columns) from a wor table and paste in Excel - it copies down all information from acros the columns down into ONE column (col A) instead of across int seperate columns. Is there any way I can copy over details from table in word to cells into Excel without writing VB -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com you can create a table in Word that is the same size as the excel information that you are trying to move and then simply copy and paste (when pasting make sure that you highlight the entire table though.) >-----Origi...