Formulas and numerical value of answers

Hi all,

Whenever we have a formula, is it possible to convert the formulas (of
different cells of an entire worksheet) into the actual values?

e.g. Formula of C3 = C1 + C2, (C1 = 1 ; C2 = 1)
so instead of seeing C1 + C2 when C3 is highlighted, you will see the
numerical answer 2.

Thanks in advance.

--
olitong
olitong's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29805

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Select the cell(s) you want this to happen to, then click <copy> then
Edit | Paste Special | Values | OK and <esc> or <enter>

Pete

0
pashurst (2576)
12/21/2005 10:09:08 AM
But that will destroy the formula, so if C1 changes, C3 will not change
accordingly.
Do you really mean you don't want to see the formula in the formula bar? The
value is shown in the highlighted cell, isn't it?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Pete_UK" <pashurst@auditel.net> wrote in message
> Select the cell(s) you want this to happen to, then click <copy> then
> Edit | Paste Special | Values | OK and <esc> or <enter>
>
> Pete

0
nicolaus (2022)
12/21/2005 10:49:33 AM
Yup, that's right, I just want to extract out the actual numerica
values.

Oh thanks Pete, that worked.

Regards.

--
oliton
olitong's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2980
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49513

Linking formula #2
I have two sheets, and I want to link information from one to the other. The difficulty is that on sheet 1, the data is entered in every consecutive cell down a column, but on sheet 2, I want that data linked to every third cell down the column. So, it goes like this: A1 on sheet 1 - A1 on sheet 2 A2 on sheet 1 - A4 on sheet 2 A3 on sheet 1 - A7 on sheet 2 and so on. Can somebody help? Jonathan -- Jonibenj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jonibenj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17048 View...

Excel Formula problem
Okay, this is hard to describe without taking a little while so pleas bare with me. I work for an airline ticketing company and we are tryin to combine the data from several spreadsheets onto one main spreadshee which i stupidly volunteered to do. There is one worksheet for each ticketer which list details of the far but the two imporant aspects for this problem are the airline code an the value of the fare. Now, at the moment the airline code appears in column A and ticke value in column D. This data is entered by each ticketer and it is no sorted alphabetically by airline but by date. So e...

Formula Help #53
I am trying to compare data in spreadsheet 1 to spreadsheet 3 and return the value in spreadsheet 3, what is the easiest way to do this? I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to do, but a vlookup formula might work. That formula allows you to compare data in one spreadsheet to another and to enter into the cell the value from another cell. For instance, If I had phone numbers in one spreadsheet and in another spreadsheet I had names and phones numbers (in 2 colunms) I could use the vlookup formula in my first spreadsheet in order to pull the names from my second into the first...

Sending mail when a value of a bit-field has changed
I have a bit-field with the values No and Yes. No is default. When a user changes the value to yes, I want to automatically receive an e-mail about this. I've tried using workflow on Order, but it doesn't seem to work, neither with "Manual" or "Status Change". Could someone please tell me, if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's not that simple at all. Thanks. You could write a callout for this. Callouts in MS CRM can be triggered after an update. So with each update, the callout could check if the field has changed to yes (comparing old value wit...

Hiding Columns based on cell value
I am a novice when it comes to writing VBA code, I would greatly appreciate any help I can get in figuring out my ?. I would like to write a macro that automatically hides columns of data based on the value of a cell (I2) with a picklist. Cell I2's picklist is monthly values (formatted as Jan-10 though Dec-10 but real values are 1/1/2010 through 12/1/2010). I have a range that contains work week end date values (1/8/2010 to 12/31/2010) in L6:BK6. I would like to have the macro hide columns that are less than date value chosen in I2. For example, if a user selects "...

Adding percentage to a number without showing the formula.
Hi, I need to know how to add a percentage to a number and in the field with the total I do not want to show the formula when I click on the field. Put the number( ie 1.025) in any unneeded cell>copy that cell>select the range to change>edit>paste>special>multiply -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76C435B6-E2FB-4C0A-A225-9A36821B4298@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I need to know how to add a percentage to a number and in the field with...

Array formula reference
The array formula MAXIF correctly gives me the maximum value of A in my table A1:h:99, say A43. How can I find the corresponding value in column D, i.e. in this case D43? You're message is confusing. Post your formula and the re- state the table range (A1:A99 or A1:H99). HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >The array formula MAXIF correctly gives me the maximum >value of A in my table A1:h:99, say A43. How can I find >the corresponding value in column D, i.e. in this case D43? >. > Assuming the maximum value occurs only once, regardless of the con...

VLOOKUP Formula help!
I have students who have chosen subjects from a list, now I need a list of students doing the subjects eg: Name A B C D Yousuf Abbood Econ App ICT Ma Stat Eng Com Mohammad Abboud Eniola Adesanya Ma Stats Soc Econ ICT Part Zoheb Ahmed Btec Nat Bus Btec Nat Bus RE ICT Part I need This..... Name App ICT(part) Economics Eng Comb Ma Stats Maths Fur Etc... Yousuf Abbood Yes Yes Yes Yes Any ideas? With data in Sheet1; in Sheet2 Row1 place the subject name...

formula and delete sheet
Hi all, I have sumif formula: SUMIF(TST!F10:F20000;D2;TST!G10:G20000) if i delete tst sheet my formula loss its refrences, how can i prevent ref! error and formula returns zero if the sheet deleted Thanks Bijan You have it set to refer to the sheet you are deleting. What do you want it to do??? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "bijan" <bijan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4421D49C-E5DC-4C4A-BB91-44AB94F4A5E1@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > I have sumif formula: > SUMIF(TST!F10:F2000...

Excel 2007 Won't Paste Formulas
I have two different workbooks in Excel 2007. I'm trying to copy the formula from one over to the other one. When I paste it in the second workbook, it pastes the values not the formula. If I expand the Paste menu, Formulas is grayed out. The only options are Paste and Paste Special. When I choose Paste Special its like Excel thinks I'm trying to paste an object. Please help! Your two workbooks are open in separate instances of Excel and will not communicate. Close one instance and open both workbooks in a single instance of Excel. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP ...

Get cell value
Hello I'm trying to get the cell value, if the cell has a value over a certain range, but when I run this, I keep getting a run time error. Any ideas? Can I not use the range funtion like this? Sub CellValue() Dim x For Each x In Range("c1:c100") If Not IsEmpty(x) Then Debug.Print "The value is " & Range(x).Text End If Next x End Sub It is usually helpful to tell us exactly what error message you are getting and which line it is occurring on. With that said, I think your problem is in the Debug.Print statement, namely, the variabl...

Automatically Put a Value in a specific cell.
Here is what I have: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Range("S7:S37"), Target) Is Nothing Then Worksheets("Daily Log of Students Seen").Range("S38").Value = ActiveCell.Value End If End Sub But, this causes Cell S38 to equal the cell in the target range that is entered. I actually want something else to happen. Once I intercept a cell in the target range and change it, I want Cell S38 to take the value of the changed cell once I exit it. -- Thanks Shawn If you want S38 of the dail...

Hard Formula Question
This is a tough one for me. I'm going to use the actual cell numbers in my spreadsheet for the explanation. In cell C2 I have a name (Tom) In a column running from A24 through A108 I have many different names. In a column running from B24 through B108 I have a number next to the names. For example: Ed 14.4 Tom 16.9 Mary 23 Steve 11 John 19.4 Here is what I want to happen in cell F18: I type in a name into cell C2, (Tom) and I want the corresponding number (16.9) next to the name in my columns to automatically appear in cell F18. Is that possible? Hope I explained it clear...

Exact formula copy.
MS OS 2000 – MS Excel 2000 I have a workbook with 10 sheets. One sheet is the summary sheet; it contains links to most of the other pages in the workbook. I have a workbook like this for each month in the year. I need to copy the summary sheet from January’s workbook to February’s workbook and so on down the line. When I copy the summary sheet from one workbook to the other the formulas in the new sheet refer back to the original workbook. As the other workbooks already have data on the other 9 sheets and the summary sheet has many complex formulas on it, just coppi...

Check data range and return false value if a cell is blank
Example Check row A1:R1 and if at least one cell is empty then S1 should indicate "incomplete" otherwise "complete" if every cell in the row has a value =IF(COUNTA(A1:R1)=18,"Complete","Incomplete") -- HTH Bob "DavidS" <DavidS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BFC7A2C-1DDE-446B-BA3C-10972F25EACC@microsoft.com... > Example > Check row A1:R1 and if at least one cell is empty then S1 should indicate > "incomplete" otherwise "complete" if every cell in the row has a value ...

Counting Values
What formula can I write to say: How many values in A1:A100 are greater than B2+B3? Try this =COUNTIF(A1:A100,">"&(B2+B3)) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Adam1 Chicago" <Adam1Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1493F672-3279-49C1-893D-289D71F7D55E@microsoft.com... > What formula can I write to say: How many values in A1:A100 are greater > than > B2+B3? Thanks, that worked well. One more question: How many values in A1:A100 are >B2-B3 and <B2+B3? (I tried using AND and the trick you showed m...

Formula issue.
I am creating a formula to copy data from one cell to another and I always get the $ in my formula. I do not want to copy the same data that is in that cell, so I have to go in and manually remove the $. How do I fix this issue. Hi, you can remove all the $ sign using find and replace, press CTRL + H, find what enter $, then go to the field replace with but do not enter anything and click ok "LCdebaca" wrote: > I am creating a formula to copy data from one cell to another and I always > get the $ in my formula. I do not want to copy the same data that is i...

Numerical Formatting in a Report
Hello, I am trying to whittle down some duplicate files on our server. One of the lines in the report provides a summary of a particular duplicated file. In the text box control, I have the following: ="There are " & [subCounter] & " additional copies of '" & [File_Name] & "' potentially using up to " & [footsum] & " MB of space." which works, but is ugly. The [footsum] entity is calculated by dividing the file size in bytes by 1024 and again by 1024 to yield MB. Is there a way to round the [footsum] calculation to ...

=No Formula?
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to solve this? I am trying to enter a formula into a cell that refers to a cell from separate sheet (In the same workbook). When I type in the formula th cell lists the formula just like I entered it I.E (=Takeoff!F731) bu will not perform any function. The Sheet that I am trying to write the formula to was copied from another workbook but it has no links to it - Could this be the problem I will greatly appreciate any response or comments Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Dave! Probably some other reason. Try entering the formula...

Plus sign in front of a formula
Hi, I have a simple question here, I am looking at a spreasheet and ther is a plus sign in front of all the sum formulas, ex: =+SUM(E28;E30) what does it mean? Thanks for the help. Marco -- marksuz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- marksuza's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=265 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47789 I'm still used to starting formulas off with a plus sign to indicate want the cell to be a formula. I think this was one way you could do i in old form...

Value spans three columns
How can I put a value in row 2 that spans columns j, k and l, and have it centered horizontally in those three columns? Use format>alignment>center across selection. Suggest adding a custom icon to your toolbar by right click toolbar>customize> Sub CenterAcross() Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenterAcrossSelection End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jerry chapman" <jerryc314@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:mtWBd.5558$5R.2642@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com... > How can I put a value in row 2 that spans columns j, k and l, and hav...

Multiple values in criteria field
Hello, I am trying to run a query that only returns the results where ... 10A or 10B or 10C or 10D or 10E are found. If I literally type it into the query in the format "10A" or "10B" or ... It works. When I try to retrieve the values from a field on a form or from a function called from the query, it doesn't work. I am able to retrieve the values from a field on a form successfully when there is only one value. I am trying to derive a number of different reports based on the same set of queries and populating the criteria based on values in a Reports Table. If I can...

Conditional Format-possible to show overridden formulas?
I've got a cell that has a formula in it and I'd like to set up a conditional format so that it turns a different color if someone instead overrides the formula and inputs a value - is this possible? Thanks You could have a UDF that checks if it is a formula, and use that in the CF Function IsFormula(rng As Range) As Boolean IsFormula = rng.HasFormula End Function and use like =IsFormula(A1) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "GretOgrady" <gretchen.ogrady@ey.com> wrote in message news:1111425009.372156.107570@f14g2000cwb....

Being able to search what a formula produces
Hello, I am working in an Excel spreadsheet with some 9 digit numbers. Th original document has the first 7 digits in one column, and the fina two digits in a different column. I need them to be together in one column as one number, but I didn' want manually go down each row, so I concatenated the two columns. However, now in the third column (with the full 9 digit number) cannot search and find a specific number. I believe the reason is, th numbers do not exist in this column, rather a formula does tha conactenates the other two columns. How do I make the actual number exist i...

Why is excel 2007 slow when selecting chart data from the formula
Excel 2007 is very slow when selecting chart data from the formula bar. For example 8, X-Y scatter graph curves are generated from data base of approximately 2000 lines long x 2 columns. A convienient way to edit the cell references for each curve is to simply click onto a curve and the cell references will appear in the formula bar. With all earlier versions of excel including 2003, once the curve is clicked the cell reference appears in the formula bar almost instantaneously. However when the same method is used with excel 2007, it can take 10-20 seconds before the formular appears. ...