Formula omits adjacent cells: ignore a whole row at once?

Allowing space to add further rows in a spreadsheet gives me a whole row of
totals where the formula is tagged as 'formula omits adjacent cells'.  How
can I get the thing to ignore the lot at once rather than having to open all
the drop down dialogues one at a time?

Cheers,

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Jul 18, 8:19 am, "spamlet" <spam.mores...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Allowing space to add further rows in a spreadsheet gives me a whole row of
> totals where the formula is tagged as 'formula omits adjacent cells'.  How
> can I get the thing to ignore the lot at once rather than having to open all
> the drop down dialogues one at a time?
>
> Cheers,

Well, if you just want Excel to use your formulas as-is rather than
detecting 'formula omits adjacent cells,' then you can disable "List
Extending" ...

Go to Tools > Options and view the "Edit" Tab.  Once there, turn off
the option to "Extend list formats and formulas"

This ought to remove all of your formula tags immediately.

Brian Herbert Withun

0
bhwithun (29)
7/19/2007 1:40:36 PM
Thanks Brian,

But I don't really want to loose the tips altogether, for occasions when I
have genuinely made a mistake. I just wanted to 'ignore' a whole row of
these tags at once rather than one at a time, though it looks as if this is
what I will have to do...

Cheers,

"Brian Withun" <bhwithun@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jul 18, 8:19 am, "spamlet" <spam.mores...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> Allowing space to add further rows in a spreadsheet gives me a whole row
>> of
>> totals where the formula is tagged as 'formula omits adjacent cells'.
>> How
>> can I get the thing to ignore the lot at once rather than having to open
>> all
>> the drop down dialogues one at a time?
>>
>> Cheers,

> Well, if you just want Excel to use your formulas as-is rather than
> detecting 'formula omits adjacent cells,' then you can disable "List
> Extending" ...
>
> Go to Tools > Options and view the "Edit" Tab.  Once there, turn off
> the option to "Extend list formats and formulas"
>
> This ought to remove all of your formula tags immediately.
>
> Brian Herbert Withun

help with formula please #2

Appending or Up-dating a formula

Auto-populate comboBox with value from Row Source
I am a novice to intermediate Access 2003 user with some VBA experience. I have a form with 3 combo boxes. All three combo boxes have queries which return a single column, as their row source. Upon an update to the first combo box- the row source for the second Combo Box is requeried based on the value from combo box 1. Is it possible to have the (2nd) combo box display (auto-populate) the first value of the resulting (re)query? The drop-downs function correctly based on the queries. I am trying to avoid the user needing to use the drop-down when only one value is returned from ...

Removing a date by inputting a newer one in another cell
I have office excel 2007. I am a fairly new user, I have a worksheet which maintains and monitors the movement of various units, and is controlled by quantity and dates. What I would like to do is write a formula that will remove the ordered date when I input the new start date, which would be the newer date. So far I have not been able to make this work. I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me. Many Thanks Mike You could use a worksheet_change event that clearscontents of the original cell. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com ...

help with a formula #5

Formula #29

Trying to make part of an output in another cell italicized.
Hello all, I have Excel from Office XP and am using it on Windows XP Home Edition I'm working on a program where users enter text in various cells. Fo example: A B 1 Name: ------ 2 Date: ------ Then the text that they enter is displayed in another cell all togethe using the following formula: =$B$4&", "&$B$5&". "&"("&$B$6&"). "&$B$7&". "&$B$8&" "&$B$9&"("&$B$10&"), "&$B$11&"-"&$B$12&"." I'...

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

I want to duplicate rows
my data base contains 1005 rows with various medical information (10 columns) One of the column corresponds to an occurence number and I need to duplicate each row by this number ex row 1, this number is 642 , therefore, I need that row 1 is duplicated 642 times row 2, this number is 55, then 55 duplication and so on the target can be a new sheet is it possible ? it will help thank you Pr Soussi Paris ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ see Mail Me...

Weekday formula

Copy macro to other row
Hi all, I've created two macron that executes calculations on a certain row. Can I copy these macros so that they can execute the same calculations but on a another row i.e. only on one row at the time leaving the others unaffected. Regards Dan As always, post your coding efforts for comments -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "togge" <dantorgny@spray.se> wrote in message news:1158919664.025298.246070@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I've created two macron that executes calculations on a certain row. > Can I cop...

Count formula within a named range.

Link cell
When using the above. When the source cell is empty the target cell has data, how can I get rid, so the target cell is blank until source cell has data You can check first: =if(b99="","",b99) or =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) neilbrown1965 wrote: > > When using the above. When the source cell is empty the target cell has data, > how can I get rid, so the target cell is blank until source cell has data -- Dave Peterson ...

row length
I have Excel 2000. I am trying to make some sample data to read in another program. Each record should consist of 9 sets of 14 fixed characters; ie. 11111111111111,22222222222222,33333333333333 etc thru the ninth set. Each set is in a separate column. When I export this file to my desktop I seem to be only getting 90 characters across. No more. What is wrong? How are you exporting the data? Maybe file|saveas and use .csv (comma separated values). rob p wrote: > > I have Excel 2000. I am trying to make some sample data to read in another > program. > > Each record shou...

Formula to return a formula

Including a formula in a path name.

FORMULA #14

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...

Formula Problem #12
I have $700,000 to spend on advertising for three different products. My market share for the three products is 51.96%, 36.07% and 41.25%. I want to apportion my 700K between the three products so that the product with the lowest market share gets the most advertising dollars, etc. Using my data, I've been trying to devise a formula all night that would do this, but I'm stumped. I could use a hint... Here's one way of doing it - put 700,000 in A1 and put your 2 percentage shares in B1:B3 and then put this formula in C1: =3DA$1*(1-B1/SUM(B$1:B$3))/2 Format as currency and co...

How do I merge new text into existing text cells.
I need to add the same text (.JPG) to existing text. I have over 4000 existing cells to add this same file extension to. I can't seem to figure out how to do this without manually going into each cell. Any suggestions would be great. enter .jpg into cell B61 for example and assume that you have filenames 10001 and 10002 running down the column starting in A61, A62 etc. Then type in to cell C61 =+A61&$B$61 The just drag the cell down to copy against each one. -- filky ------------------------------------------------------------------------ filky's Profile: http://www.exc...

Blank cell return after each data entry
I have a data entry Sheet for loading details to Invoice (sheet 1) and this data entry sheet loads as soon as file opens. It open with the cells still with old datas in, is there a way of either the cells being empty when next data load or actually clearing after use / enter the buttoms (macro) - OK / Next ? Rdgs. Sudipta Maybe you should create a template from your data entry sheet! A new workbook opened from a template shall always have empty cells. -- Regards! Stefi „Sudipta Sen” ezt írta: > I have a data entry Sheet for loading details to Invoice ...