Formula help in Excel which is the correct way ?

Tax is 23 % which is h-9
Total Cost is 75,000 which is b-9

I want to create a formula in B-11 that is 23% of total cost.

So I did

=H9*B$11

but apparently this isn't correct so what is the correct formula ?.
need an
absolute reference to H-7.

So if you can give me the correct formula I would appreciate i

--
SSVegett
SSVegetto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2822

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=$H$9*B9

Don't know where H7 comes in?

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"SSVegetto" <SSVegetto.1x6hia_1129773900.9123@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:SSVegetto.1x6hia_1129773900.9123@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Tax is 23 % which is h-9
> Total Cost is 75,000 which is b-9
>
> I want to create a formula in B-11 that is 23% of total cost.
>
> So I did
>
> =H9*B$11
>
> but apparently this isn't correct so what is the correct formula ?. I
> need an
> absolute reference to H-7.
>
> So if you can give me the correct formula I would appreciate it
>

> --
> SSVegetto
> SSVegetto's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28223
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=477753

0
terre081 (3244)

2003 excell crashed after upgrade from microsoft. repair?
2003 excell crashed after upgrade from microsoft. How to repair? when attempt to open excell worksheet computer acts as if excel has never been installed at all. Returns this message "the path 'microsoft office standard edition 2003' cannot be found. verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package 'std11n.msi' in a folder from which you can install the product Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003. Our problem is we cannot locate the original disk at this time and seriously need access to all the work perfomed o...

Need help using a VBAscript in excel
I need help :-( In this article there is a script to upload a file via FTP in VBA. http://www.naterice.com/articles/51 What I want to do is run this script with a pushbutton or when the file get's closed. I'm new to VBA, and the part where they tell me to supply the information is confusing. As I see it, I have to "open" the FTPupload and parse the information about the server when I call for the script? But how do I do this? I have tried in Excel to past the code in the VBA-editor, but how can I get a button to open this function with the information it needs? I'm ...

help with formula please #2

Type Mismatch error on DNS capture... HELP please
Hello, Does anybody can help me on this issue please? I did write a script to capture server primary and secondary DNS through WMI class, it is working properly with many servers in my environment, but for some reason that I don't know, it is stopping during execution at line 23 char 30, Error: Type mismatch, code: 800A000D, for some servers, all servers are in the same domain, with the same architeture, I cannot identify where VB is getting this error, also I've try with IP address and DNS name, same problem. here is the script. Option Explicit Dim DNS1, DNS2, o...

Excel programming
Hi All! Here is some Help asked, since I'm not familiar with Excel programming, I can't find an Answer for my problem. Here is the Problem: I need to replace come words in 1st.Cell with words from another 3rd.Cell if Content of the 1.st.Cell and the 2nd.Cells matches. Main problem is the Volume 25.000 Strings ? 15 Rows. As I understand the algorithm for this operation it may look like this: Get Ai Value Get Bj Value Compare Ai and Bj values for equality If true then get Cj Value and put to Ai Value; Next Ai (Ai++) If false then get next Bj (Bj++) Example: Before replaceme...

Is there a virus out there that is affecting excel spreadsheets
Was adding my spreadsheets and the numbers would not add up. So I shut my computer down and ran a norton anti virus program. It seemed to correct the problem for now but can someone advise me if there is a virus out there that is affecting the spreadsheet programs Thanks Jean "jean" <jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E371C861-DCB6-4B4F-AF08-335133C560EB@microsoft.com... > > Was adding my spreadsheets and the numbers would not add up. So I > shut my computer down and ran a norton anti virus program. It seemed > to correct the problem for n...

Only MVP could help.
In the SQL database there is a column that holds the data where this transaction is onhold or not. Dose any MVP know which table and column holds that data?? Look at TransactionHold and TransactionHoldEntry. Afshin Alikhani - ( afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ) CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = "TJW" <TJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C53A8D5C-17DD-4D28-A237-D061028BB440@microsoft.com... > In the SQL database there is a column that holds the data where this > transaction is onhold or not. Dose any MVP know which table and column > holds > ...

help with a formula #5

PivotTable Question - Repost
Hello. I'm using Excel 2000. I've created some pivot tables for reporting purposes. I intend to use them to replace old fashioned charts and tables that are manually keyed summary data. I need to keep the transition to the new spreadsheet as unobtrustive as possible for my less technical users, so that they have the same charts that they're used to. The problem with that is, I need to create seven charts. I want to use the same pivot table (which pulls data from Access) for each chart, but I want each chart to have different categories, page fields, series, etc. ...

How to run Visual Basic from Excel sheet #8
How do I run a Visual Basic routine from a normal Excel cell. I would like to do something like this: =IF(RunIt=TRUE, Run my Visual Basic routine, Do nothing) So if some calculations results in the variable "RunIt" is set equal to TRUE, the Visual Basic routine must run. Kristian ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Kristian, You can only run functions from a worksheet. Not subs. You can use a worksheet change event. Do a google search for w...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

Formula #29

Invoice Customers On Account
When invoice customers on account a "Sales Receipt" is generated and sent to my epson receipt printer, however most of my corporate clients "account departments" do not accept a "Sales Receipt". My question is: 1) How do I printer a receipt to say "Invoice" not "Sales Receipt"? 2) How do I send this "Invoice" to my laser printer and not my Epson Receipt Printer? ~Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc. You can download 'Invoice' receipt files here https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms/ModifiedRe...

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

help
I have a table Contest with ContestId (PK int), ContestName, ContestDate. I have another table Registration which stores the data for people who register for the contest. Registration has RegistrationId (PK int), ContestId (FK int) , PersonsName (varchar), Isawinner(bit) I would like a query which would return me the following results: ContestDate. ContestName, count of registrations for that date, count of winners for that date Select c.ContestDate, c.ContestName, Count(*) As NumberOfRegistrations Sum(Cast r.Isawinner As int)) As NumberWinners From Contest c Inner Join Reg...

COM in VB Excel
How do you register a stand alone COM object in a VB macro? ...

Weekday formula

Formula to return a formula

Count formula within a named range.

Word Table into Excel
When I copy a row of text (divided into a number of columns) from a wor table and paste in Excel - it copies down all information from acros the columns down into ONE column (col A) instead of across int seperate columns. Is there any way I can copy over details from table in word to cells into Excel without writing VB -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com you can create a table in Word that is the same size as the excel information that you are trying to move and then simply copy and paste (when pasting make sure that you highlight the entire table though.) >-----Origi...

Including a formula in a path name.

excel 4 conversion to excel 2008 for Mac
I have been using excel 4 on Mac computers for years, and like it. I recently purchased Office :mac 2008 and wish to convert simple spread sheets. How? In article <ee8dd08.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Arthur_Massey@officeformac.com wrote: > I have been using excel 4 on Mac computers for years, and like it. I recently > purchased Office :mac 2008 and wish to convert simple spread sheets. How? If you saved your file in XL4 format (e.g., workbooks as .xlw and worksheets as .xls), XL08 should open them just fine. XL08 no longer *saves* in XL4 format though, so if you wish to sav...