Formula help #38

In cell A2 I input a year (2008, 2009 ect) in cell A11 I need a formula
which will return a value which represents the first day of January of the
year displayed in cell A2.

0
ordnance11 (64)
2/21/2008 5:10:21 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:10:21 -0800, "Patrick C. Simonds"
<ordnance1@comcast.net> wrote:

>In cell A2 I input a year (2008, 2009 ect) in cell A11 I need a formula
>which will return a value which represents the first day of January of the
>year displayed in cell A2.

=date(a2,1,1)

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
2/21/2008 5:15:46 PM
=TEXT(DAY("1/1/"&a2),"dddd")

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Patrick C. Simonds" <ordnance1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> In cell A2 I input a year (2008, 2009 ect) in cell A11 I need a formula
> which will return a value which represents the first day of January of the
> year displayed in cell A2.

0
dguillett1 (2487)
2/21/2008 5:17:18 PM
The parentheses and double minus sign are required...

=--("1/1/"&A2)

Rick

"Patrick C. Simonds" <ordnance1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> In cell A2 I input a year (2008, 2009 ect) in cell A11 I need a formula
> which will return a value which represents the first day of January of the
> year displayed in cell A2.

Need help using a VBAscript in excel
I need help :-( In this article there is a script to upload a file via FTP in VBA. http://www.naterice.com/articles/51 What I want to do is run this script with a pushbutton or when the file get's closed. I'm new to VBA, and the part where they tell me to supply the information is confusing. As I see it, I have to "open" the FTPupload and parse the information about the server when I call for the script? But how do I do this? I have tried in Excel to past the code in the VBA-editor, but how can I get a button to open this function with the information it needs? I'm ...

help with formula please #2

Type Mismatch error on DNS capture... HELP please
Hello, Does anybody can help me on this issue please? I did write a script to capture server primary and secondary DNS through WMI class, it is working properly with many servers in my environment, but for some reason that I don't know, it is stopping during execution at line 23 char 30, Error: Type mismatch, code: 800A000D, for some servers, all servers are in the same domain, with the same architeture, I cannot identify where VB is getting this error, also I've try with IP address and DNS name, same problem. here is the script. Option Explicit Dim DNS1, DNS2, o...

PivotTable Question - Repost
Hello. I'm using Excel 2000. I've created some pivot tables for reporting purposes. I intend to use them to replace old fashioned charts and tables that are manually keyed summary data. I need to keep the transition to the new spreadsheet as unobtrustive as possible for my less technical users, so that they have the same charts that they're used to. The problem with that is, I need to create seven charts. I want to use the same pivot table (which pulls data from Access) for each chart, but I want each chart to have different categories, page fields, series, etc. ...

help with a formula #5

Only MVP could help.
In the SQL database there is a column that holds the data where this transaction is onhold or not. Dose any MVP know which table and column holds that data?? Look at TransactionHold and TransactionHoldEntry. Afshin Alikhani - ( afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ) CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = "TJW" <TJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C53A8D5C-17DD-4D28-A237-D061028BB440@microsoft.com... > In the SQL database there is a column that holds the data where this > transaction is onhold or not. Dose any MVP know which table and column > holds > ...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

Invoice Customers On Account
When invoice customers on account a "Sales Receipt" is generated and sent to my epson receipt printer, however most of my corporate clients "account departments" do not accept a "Sales Receipt". My question is: 1) How do I printer a receipt to say "Invoice" not "Sales Receipt"? 2) How do I send this "Invoice" to my laser printer and not my Epson Receipt Printer? ~Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc. You can download 'Invoice' receipt files here https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms/ModifiedRe...

Formula #29

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

help
I have a table Contest with ContestId (PK int), ContestName, ContestDate. I have another table Registration which stores the data for people who register for the contest. Registration has RegistrationId (PK int), ContestId (FK int) , PersonsName (varchar), Isawinner(bit) I would like a query which would return me the following results: ContestDate. ContestName, count of registrations for that date, count of winners for that date Select c.ContestDate, c.ContestName, Count(*) As NumberOfRegistrations Sum(Cast r.Isawinner As int)) As NumberWinners From Contest c Inner Join Reg...

Weekday formula

Formula to return a formula

Count formula within a named range.

Including a formula in a path name.

FORMULA #14

Pls Help Me Out
hi guys today i made a damn mistake of my life im using exchange 2k3 sp2 im facing problems in OWA im using form based authentication its giving me message 440 login timeout when i enter mail.mydomin.com its redirects the request but no login page of owa just giving me message 440 login timeout when i uncheck foam based authentication in exchange its giving me FBA login Box and every thing works fine but checking foam based authentication giving me message 440 login time out error messaege but let me tell me one thing today i was editing my logon.asp i have replaced with old backup file...

Help for missing icon's program...
Hi! I have just starting to study MFC ... but It seem very strange, It's very different to API programming. My problem is I have some problems with an icon of my programs.. The exe file have the correct icon (also in "About" window), but no in the title bar of main window, also if with Alt+Tab the icon of my program is white-blue (default icon). How can I do? Where is the mistake? In the resource file is present: IDR_MAINFRAME ICON "resource\\Test.ico" And this is my OnCreate: int CMainFrame::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) ...

Difference in Help buttons?
I use OL 2003. On the standard toolbar (Inbox view), there is a question mark. When it is clicked, it brings up a side panel with a field for a question. There is also a field for questions at the top right of the screen. If I put my question in each of these fields, they bring up different lists. For instance, typing in the word "Toolbars" brought up 20 entries on one and 30 entries on the other. Yet, they both seem to be going to Microsoft Online for their answers. Why is there a difference? Which blank has proven most productive to folks in this group? Thank you. ...

I need help with multiple Fidelity accounts and Money 2006
Here is my situation: I have the following accounts at Fidelity: Under my login ID: Financial Institution is named "Fidelity Investments" for these accounts My Rollover IRA My Roth IRA Joint brokerage account Under my wife's login ID: Financial Institution is named "Fidelity Investments # 2" for these accounts Wife's Rollover IRA Wife's Roth IRA Joint brokerage account The Joint Brokerage account is the same, and shows up at the Fidelity web site when either of us logs into Fidelity. This setup is giving m...

can you help me with an invoice
I am trying to get a sample invoice Hi Try http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011377071033.aspx -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "Steve B" wrote: > I am trying to get a sample invoice ...