Formula change from cell reference to count

Formula works as is:

If sheet exist matching the name in A45, then look at K39 on that
sheet and return the value.

I need to ammend to say:

If sheet exist with matching the name in A45, then count the number of
times the name is listed in Column N (or range n2:n500) on that
sheet.

=IF(ISERROR(CELL("address",INDIRECT("'" & A45& "'!k$39")))," ",INDIRECT
("'" &A45& "'!k$39"))

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

First, I returned "" instead of " " (I don't like spaces!).

=IF(ISERROR(CELL("address",INDIRECT("'" & A45& "'!a1"))),"",
   COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'" &A45& "'!n:n"),A45))

And I changed the K$39 to A1.  It seems more natural to me and really doesn't
matter since you're only checking for the existence of the sheet.

--

Dave Peterson
0

But actually, I dont need the A1 reference....

I just need it to find the sheet if it exist, and return the count of
the specified cell value (a45) in column N.
You need to use some address in the cell("address",xx) function.

A1 seemed like a more natural choice to me than K$39.

"J.W. Aldridge" wrote:

> Thanx.
>
> But actually, I dont need the A1 reference....
>
> I just need it to find the sheet if it exist, and return the count of
> the specified cell value (a45) in column N.

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)

help with formula please #2

Counting List Box Items
I have a form with several list boxes. One is for services provided, another is for county call received, another for referred by, and etc. I need to be able to count the results of these categories. When I run my report, these fields are included and I get a long ... cell of "0"s and "1"s. I realize "0" indicates the first item in the list box was not selected and the "1" indicates items that were selected. (In some cases, more than one item can be selected such as services provided.) But, I have to count over the intergers to see where it i...

Dynamically change Icon of List control
Hello all I want to change the icon of the list control dynanically ?? Regards use SetImage function of the CListCtrl Mathieu "Aftab Alam" <aftab.alam@ascertia.com> wrote in message news:%23IT0LQunDHA.644@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello all I want to change the icon of the list control dynanically ?? > Regards > > > ...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

help with a formula #5

Credit card limit change
I'm running Money 98 (OK, OK, but it does everything I need)... Is there a way to change the credit limit on a credit card account after it's set up? Thanks for the help, sanspeur Go to the account details and change it??? Money does absolutely nothing with this information besides store it. If you don't update it, it will make no never mind. "Sanspeur" <HMCS@rogers.com> wrote in message news:NPcvb.74657$j1d.63802@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I'm running Money 98 (OK, OK, but it does everything I need)... Is there a > way to change t...

Formula #29

changing computers; how to get all of my emails/signatures over
We often build new computers at the office and now I am getting a new machine. How do I get all of my old emails and signatures onto my new computer? I will still be using outlook. Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dual-Boot: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "ops man" <cs@gigagolf.com> wrote in message news:f26aa101.0311180604.98bd612@posting.google.com... We often build new computers at the office and now I am getting a new machine. How do I get all of my old emails and signatures onto my new computer? I wi...

Trying to make part of an output in another cell italicized.
Hello all, I have Excel from Office XP and am using it on Windows XP Home Edition I'm working on a program where users enter text in various cells. Fo example: A B 1 Name: ------ 2 Date: ------ Then the text that they enter is displayed in another cell all togethe using the following formula: =$B$4&", "&$B$5&". "&"("&$B$6&"). "&$B$7&". "&$B$8&" "&$B$9&"("&$B$10&"), "&$B$11&"-"&$B$12&"." I'...

Can offset be used in this formula?

Detecting Page Change in MultiPage
What event triggers a change of page in a multievent. I am designing multipage data entry form. Each page has a count of the number of dat entry errors. I want to be able to prevent switching to another page i there are errors on the existing page. How can I capture the movemen to another page? I would ideally check the error count during that event and ac accordingly. Any help is appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There's a multipage_change event that you can tie into. Option Explicit Dim CurPage As Long Dim blkProc As Boolean Dim DataEntryErrors(0 To 3) A...

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Weekday formula

Formula to return a formula

HOW TO Prevent flicker in TreeView control when changing a node?
I guess this is old question, please Help me out. thanks Try LockWindowUpdate() and UnlockWindowUpdate() Normand "t123" <t123@163.net> a �crit dans le message de news: e0290pN#DHA.2324@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > I guess this is old question, please Help me out. > > thanks > > >Try LockWindowUpdate() and UnlockWindowUpdate() LockWindowUpdate() isn't intended for general application use. I understand it has a specific use internal to Windows for drawing the old style dotted rectangle. The recommended method is to use SetRedraw (WM_SETREDRAW)....

Link cell
When using the above. When the source cell is empty the target cell has data, how can I get rid, so the target cell is blank until source cell has data You can check first: =if(b99="","",b99) or =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) neilbrown1965 wrote: > > When using the above. When the source cell is empty the target cell has data, > how can I get rid, so the target cell is blank until source cell has data -- Dave Peterson ...

Count formula within a named range.

Including a formula in a path name.

Changing default from printing Entire Workbook to Active Sheets
In Excel 2007, is there a place to select the data to print? I have a user that when she goes to print a document, the 'print what' section of the print box defaults to 'entire workbook.' She wants it to default to 'active sheets.' Is there a setting in Excel or the Registry that I can edit? Thanks, John ...

Using VBA code to change Chart Data Series
On a worksheet, I have a List Box Control (lbProfitICSales) with a ListFillRange named "Profit_Ind_Cd_Sales". When selecting an item in the List Box, I want to change the x and y data series in the single chart on the "Profit-Ind Cd Sales" worksheet. I don't understand why the following code does not work- I always get an "object does not support this property or method". Help lookup indicates this code should work. Private Sub lbProfitICSales_Change() Dim strwksht As String strwksht = Application.ActiveSheet.Name 'Worksheets("Review").U...

FORMULA #14

Excel Changes Links Improperly
We are having a problem where Excel changes links to other workbooks and breaks them. This comes up in the following scenario. Different users have access rights to different directories and have their drives mapped differently (i.e. to the directories they have access to). Sometimes a user modifies data in a file that has links to directories that don't exist for them. Of course the links don't work for them, but that's ok. What isn't ok is that when they save the file, Excel changes the links (apparently trying to make the links relative to drive where this use...

Cell format changes General into Text after focus + Enter
Strange cell behavior. I have a simple sheet. One cell has a reference to another cell, made by Both cells formatted as General Cell A4 value 8 Cell A10: Function button F2: =A4 result in 8 OK so far. But when I click on A10 followed by ENTER, it changes into =A4 and is formatted as Text, not General ********* No Macros / additional VBA code / Excel 2003 on XP SP2 Bart ...