Forms and Input Data

I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen
Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio
on either of the data I select.

Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t
display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if
select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don'
know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al
the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac
the data set then hitting Ctrl-Enter to make the change. However, thi
create a problem because of the many similar number "1", "2", etc.
have the the cells.

I am a programming illiterate guy. Please help. Thanks. :confused

--
eureka e
eureka eu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1568

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Autonumber in a form
I have a form that allows data entry and additions only. What I would like to do is have the record number pop up in a field on the form. Im not sure how to write the code for the event procedure to be able to do this. What would be convienient is that the number would pop up as soon as the form is opened. any suggestions? Tyler Perhaps you and I have a different understanding of "Autonumber"... The Access Autonumber is a system-generated unique key value, whose only (OK, whose primary) use is as a unique row identifier. Since you have no control over the value Access come...

Ensuring deleted data cannot be recovered
I have developed an excel/VBA workbook for processing and displaying sensitive commercial information. I'd like to use the workbook for a number of clients, but need to ensure that when I pass a 'clean' copy to a client, he/she will not be able to recover information 'left over' from a previous client's processing. My question is: If I delete information from a worksheet, save under a new name and then email the new version to someone, how do I ensure that the deleted information cannot be recovered at a later date, either using built in tools or speci...

Problems filling data into custom field on Account form
I'm having some problems appending a value to a field by using Javascript in ONLOAD on the Account form. In a custom form I've created, however, I don't have that problem. In that form I use this simple code in ONLOAD, and it works fine: crmForm.all.fieldname.DataValue = 'TEXT'; In the Account form however, in ONLOAD I try to fill a custom field with some text using exactly the same code, but it doesn't work - the field remains empty. I have admin rights, so I guess that's not the problems. Both fields are "nvarchar>text". I hope there's a...

Some forms and swithboards in design view show up blank in form vi
I'm a financial analyst, expert excel user, and began using Access 3 months ago to solve a specific problem. Following along with Jeff Conrad's book, I wrestled with the concepts until I had a fairly servicable application designed to replace a couple of hundred spreadsheets and versions thereof. I also built considerable strength hauling the book to and from the office, in its own briefcase, everyday. The result is better than I expected and especially efficient in consolidating calculations that, until now, could only be done across a tedious network of linked worksheet...

Bind a Form to a Recordset
I am trying to bind a form to a record set using access 2003. However, I can not edit the data in the form. I made sure that the record locks are set correctly. Does anyone know how to bind a recordset to a form and allow the records to be edited (i.e. not read only)? I used the following code: Note: the "frm" and "rst" ojects are defined as public variables in a module. Private Sub btn_Click() Set frm = New Form_TestForm Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset rst.Open "testTable", CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic Set frm.Recordse...

imcompatible data base
Hi, at the time of the installation of ms CRM3.0 I attached to an existing data base but at the time of checking an error message is posted: the version bases of imcompatible data CRM 1.2 with version CRM3.0 although this base is taken of another installation CRM3.0 and not CRM1.2 Thank You My suggestions in the following post should solve the problem (don't be distracted by the title of the thread - the issue doesn't only apply to CRM on SBS) http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/b489b2577072f6df/172a5b8b32c46d08?lnk=st&q=crm+buildve...

Updating New Record form
Hi, I have two tables set up: tblDeals and tblEquip, they have one field in common called: DealCode. I have a query qryEquip that links the two tables based on the DealCode field and adds other tblDeals fields like Customer, Description, etc, to help identify the deal but only the DealCode is stored in the Equip table. Form frmEquip is based on query qryEquip and it is working fine. Here’s what I’m trying to do: When I add a new Equip record I want to be able to look into the tblDeals for the right deal and then pass the DealCode to the frmEquip, then have the frmEquip pull the rest o...

whole lines are disappearing before I finish entering data
When using the "find" option I can see the text is still there, but I've lost whole lines while entering data in Excel and now the lines are numbered 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 etcl. There are 3 lines missing. How do I get the back? And why are they disappearing? Maybe your worksheet is filtered (hiding some rows, showing others): Data|Filter|ShowAll. Or maybe you just have hidden rows (manually hidden). Ctrl-a (twice in xl2003) format|row|Unhide DiWoz wrote: > > When using the "find" option I can see the text is still there, but I've lost > whole lines wh...

Live Data Replication on Exchange
How do you perform (high-level) a Live data replication on Exchange 2003? And is there the concept of performing replication between Exchange 5.5 with Exchage 2003? Thanks. Public Folders are the only "replication" native to Exchange. What is the goal? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "JD" <jd...

Creating a transparent background for a radio button on my form
I am using Word to create a form. I used the Legacy Controls to add radio buttons to the form. The radio buttons are in a table with a colored background. While in Design Mode, I went into the radio button properties and set the BackStyle to '0 - fmBackStyleTransparent' and the background seemed to become transparent. However, as soon as I leave Design Mode the radio button's default to a white background on top of my colored table cells. And at this point, the white background seems to write over the table borders making for a very messy appearance. Does a...

Form locking up
I've completed my own Linked Table Manager wizard, so that the connections I create to SQL Server and Oracle database on my network don't require a DSN (DSN-less connections). This wizard exists in its own mda file, which I have added as a reference in several of my databases. In my test database, this wizard runs great. I've got a command button that calls a function (fnRefreshLinks) that exists in the wizard. It opens a form, refreshes a list of the linked tables, tests the link, and provides me with some options. When I run this same function from another database, it...

Publishing forms to Organizational Forms
When publishing a form to organizational forms I get the following error message. There are no articles in the KB. "an error occurred while going to this folder" Exchange 2000 Outlook 2002 All permissions have been checked and are okay. If there are any REAL ideas about what is going on in Exchange, please post a reply. Thanks to all! ...

Latest BlackBerry DM wipes out data in iCal/Entourage
This is a warning to those using BlackBerries. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT update to the latest version of the Mac DM. If you do, you will lose al your tasks, notes, and calendar entires on your Mac. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-for-Mac/Desktop-Mgr-1-0 3-problem/td-p/487090/page/2 http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/ John -- Are there errors in the Bible? How should a church conduct its worship services? Is drinking Alcohol a sin? Is racism wrong? If you want to learn, get answers, and be able to defend the faith, CERM is your place. http://www.cerm.in...

trouble combining data
Hi, This is what I have A 1 123 2 567 This is what I want A 1 1234567 2 567 I want to copy the "5678" from cell B2 and and paste it to the end of data in A1 without having to type the "5678" onto the end of A1 data. I have selected B2, then "copy", selected cell A1 and place cursor at end of cell A1 data, then try to paste but the "paste" function is a lighter color and cannot be selected. How can I combine ...

refreshing form
I have a form with a combo box field that references a table so we can keep information in the field uniform (i.e. "Place",not "Pl."). At times when filling out the form there is a new word not in the table being refereced to by the combo box. From the main input form, I select a button named "DB Admin"; it opens a form with buttons to all the different tables containing information that we want to keep uniform. I open the form for the referenced table, add the new word, close the form, and close the "DB Admin form". I am now back to the main input ...

Form warning
Hello, I have Office XP with SP-2. When I try to open a contact which has a special form that I designed, it gives this message first : This form contains an activex control which may be harm to open on this computer ...... and then askes yes or no, is there any way to disable this warning assuming it is always yes? thanx for any help I am having the same problem for a modified Calendar form. Did you get any replies on how to fix the problem? "M K W" wrote: > Hello, > I have Office XP with SP-2. > When I try to open a contact which has a special form that I designed, i...

Bind a Textbox in a Form
I have a table containing several Projects and its Phases. Now I need to create TextBoxes in a Form to return the totals for each phase. This means I need 3 TextBoxes: I made a query that Counts the total of projects in each phase: Query_Projects_Phases Phase CountOfPhase Pre-project 1 Portfolio 45 Execution 7 One TextBox would be bound to the "Pre Project" CountOfPhase field from the query (in this case the TextBox would show1); the other TextBox would be bound to "Portfolio" CountOfPhase field from the query (in this case the TextBox would ...

Word Content Controls Restricted Document Fill in forms
I have a word (2007) document that i need to restrict to fill in forms due to the need of Checkboxes. When i do restrict the document and try to edit the text in my Content Controls (Plain Text) i cannot start writing or editing it at all unless i step into it with my arrowkeys. If i do this once in any content control the rest starts working and i can start clicking on them and it allows me to edit it. My dropdownlist(wordname?) works fine though. Anyone have a clue bout how to solve this? or whats the problem? /Thanks in regards /Eric Hi Plaskdex I have the same ...

Selecting a Specific Record Form from a subform
I have a form with a subform that I want to select a field from and have it open another form with the data selected from the sub form. I was able to get the operation to work in the subform using the following: Under Parameters of the first field of the subform -- Open4Edit_StationInfo Open4Edit_StationInfo used the following command: FindRecord Find What: =[Forms]![Station Info Subform]![Call Sign] Match: Whole Field Match Case: No Search: All Search As Formatted: Yes Only Current Field: No Find First: Yes The above works when I run the form "Station Info...

Email Policy - Corporate Practices
Exchange 5.5/NT4.0 - our setup, soon being migrated by a professional company to Windows 2003 Domain/Exchange 2003. Right now, we have about 58 users on exchange 5.5 Smallest user maintains their mailbox healthy, around 60megs on any given day, and they've been here for 2 years. Other users, who have been here for let's say 8 months, have a 1.7gig mailbox. From time to time, we have to get users to "shave" their data down, by removing stuff they truely don't need, remove items from deleted items, and maintain sent items in a timely fashion....basically saying t...

OWA 2003 form-based authentication
Hi all, Can we undo the OWA 2003 form-based authentication? Even I unchecked the OWA 2003 form-based authentication in http vitual protocol, but is's still in effect. Thanks. Did you restart IIS (iisreset)? Nue "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCFBE035-FFE4-4A02-B827-B33DE5954D51@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > Can we undo the OWA 2003 form-based authentication? Even I unchecked the > OWA 2003 form-based authentication in http vitual protocol, but is's still > in effect. > > Thanks. > You probably have to...

Form On Load Code
Hello, I am trying to create an event where the code will look for no results after a query. If there are not results I want a prompt to ask the user to add Yes/No message box. Once they select either yes or no then I want the forms to open. I hope someone can help. Private Sub Form_Load() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset 'Specifies to User if no record found then add Set rst = Me.RecordsetClone If rst.RecordCount = 0 Then Dim Response As Integer Response = MsgBox("Agreement Not Found. Please make sure it was typed in Correctly. You may need to add the Record. Do you want to Add?"...

Excel Look up and Return Data
Hello all, I have a "data table" in one Excel file (call it DATA, the table is sorted on a field called 'CODE') and a second Excel file (call it FORMULA). I need to lookup information from the DATA table and return it to the FORMULA file, this will be done by matching a Raw Material Code number from the FORMULA file to the DATA table. When the code is matched, I would like to return 5 consecutive cells (in 5 consecutive columns) of data to the FORMULA file. Currently, I am using 5 vLookup functions to do this in the 5 consecutive cells. I am doing this to try to ...

Updating in a Form with a Query assigned to the Form
I need to know how to make a form updatable when a query is assigned to the form. It tells me that the query needs to be updatable to allow fields to be updated. On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:26:01 -0800, Sorting in a Graph <SortinginaGraph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to know how to make a form updatable when a query is assigned to the >form. It tells me that the query needs to be updatable to allow fields to be >updated. A Form cannot make a non-updateable query into an updateable one. You need to fix the Query instead! Perhaps you could post the SQL view of the ...

Read 3 txt input files and create an XL spreadsheet
I have 3 txt files that contain data and i want to generate a single spreadsheet. 1 Text file contains the data as below: USER = GARYG PU SU CL CR CG 2. Text file contains data as : GEN WINDOW_LIST GARYGWL EXCEPTION = N ,INSTALLATION_DATA = NONE =MA , CAN , MULTI , WA , SDR , ETEL ; 3. Text file contains data as: USERCODE "GARYG" DEFAULT_WINDOW = NONE ,WINDOW_LIST = GARYGWL ; The report i am looking should be like this: USER ...