Formatting text string

Justify Distributed:  I'm trying to redistribute a single long text string
from one cell (continued over may cell in that same row) to an area below
consisting of several rows and cells. Note: I thought that in the pest I
accomplish this by selecting the intended area and then formatting re Format
/ Justify Distributed.  But now that box is grayed out. Is that formatting
option no longer available?
--
Paul
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Ops!  I forgot to mention... We're running Excel 2002.
--
Paul

"Paul from B I" wrote:

> Justify Distributed:  I'm trying to redistribute a single long text string
> from one cell (continued over may cell in that same row) to an area below
> consisting of several rows and cells. Note: I thought that in the pest I
> accomplish this by selecting the intended area and then formatting re Format
> / Justify Distributed.  But now that box is grayed out. Is that formatting
> option no longer available?
> --
> Paul

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

Save as Text File with Semi-Colon delimiter
I need to save a file from Excel 2000 to a text file with a semi colon delimiter. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Many Thanks Mark I don't know if you can do this directly in Excel but it is pretty quick to do it using Excel and Word 1) Save file in Excel as "Text (Tab Deliminated) 2) Close file and select NO on warning message 3) Open text file in Wor 4) If your data was across row 1 then use Replace>More>Special>Tab Character and enter ; for "replace with If your data was down column A then use Replace>More>Special>Paragraph Mark an...

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

I can not get the text to print
I have a floor plan that I ahve created with text describing structure and such. The problem I am having is that when I go to print preivew it shows the document as I intend it. When I print the page the shapes and structures are there but no text. What am I doing wrong? "J Hendriks" <J Hendriks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3E8F0B2-4252-46EB-8B84-F7FBED77FD61@microsoft.com... >I have a floor plan that I ahve created with text describing structure and > such. The problem I am having is that when I go to print preivew it shows > the > docume...

Format Smartlist field

Enforce format

Conditional Formating Help

lookup text within string of text???
I need to look up "certain critera" within a string of characters, then return that "certain criterea" to a new column. Some examples of a strings of characters may look like these: K5J091509001 Sample PO#S881009 K55sample PO CarrieRJR TJ5 My "Certain Critera" I have listed on another sheet, named "REP ID" K5J S88 K55 RJR TJ5 How do I pull out the 3 characters of "Certain Criterea" from the string of text and copy or enter it into a new column? It's never consistant. This is the problem I'm having! Sales Reps enter...

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

Capturing Shape Name/Text from OnAction property
How can I capture (assign) the text content of a shape (rectangle)into a procedure using the OnAction property for the shape? I have many shapes (rectangles) on a worksheet, each of which is named. When a shape is clicked, I need to assign the 'Characters.Text' content of that shape to a variable in the procedure called by the OnAction property. I am trying to create a usable 'generic' procedure rather than having a separate procedure for each shape. William, Do you have a separate procedure for each shape, or does each shape call the same procedure. Regards, Jim...

Excluding Alpha character in text field by filtering.
I have a query based on a table./ I have one numeric field that has alphanumber entries: A2000-000; 101010010,A2004, etc.. I what the filter to exclude all records that have an apph beginning - ie. in eg. above exclude: A2000-000,A2004. How do I do this? Your assistance is greatly appreciated. You could use WHERE Left$(AlphanumericField, 1) NOT BETWEEN "A" AND "Z" or WHERE Val(AlphanumeriField) <> 0 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Grace" <fhsmith7@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news...

How to format the value in a cell?

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

How to change &amp; to & in string?
All, I receive an xml doc with an element which contains a &amp; in the data. I am attempting to insert the data into a SQL Server database and I want to convert the &amp; to a "&" character before I perform the insert. Is the a way in VB.NET to perform this? -Rich Rich Wallace wrote: > I receive an xml doc with an element which contains a &amp; in the data. I > am attempting to insert the data into a SQL Server database and I want to > convert the &amp; to a "&" character before I perform the insert. Is the a > way in VB.NET to...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

Sheets lose formats
I have a file that I created by upgrading from Excel 2003. In 2007 the file saves fine. I had a user complain he didn't have Excel 2007 so I saved as a ..xls file and now everytime I reopen the file all my formating on every sheet is gone. If I reapply the formatting and then save as a .xlsm file, all the formatting stays in the file. Ideas? ...

Change HTML Format to Plain Text Format
We would like to change 500 Outlook XP and 2003 clients to use Plain Text for emails rather than Rich Text or HTML. Is there a registery key I can modify, save and email out to all clients to automatically change the settings If you have any suggestions please let me know Thank Kevin ...