formatting question #5

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to create a custom format for
names.  I use an ODBC import to obtain full names of people, and it
comes in as such:  "last_name ; first_name".  I can't change that order
in ODBC, thus I wind up with one column having both names, seperated by
a semi-colon.  I can code a solution, I was just wondering if there was
a custom format capable of reversing the order of the text on either
side of the semicolon.  Any info would be appreciated,

-Raj

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Raj,

This should work

=TRIM(RIGHT(D17,LEN(D17)-(FIND(";",D17,1))))&"
"&LEFT(D17,FIND(";",D17,1)-1)

VBA Noo

--
VBA Noo
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3383

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Please help
Problem: I can't get my Exchange 2000 migration wizard to communicate with an Exchange 5.5 server. Environment: On an "inherited" network, I have a newly built (by me) Win2K SP4 server running AD (only server in AD), and an old Exchange 5.5 server on a separate NT4 SP6a domain (PDC) - on the same subnet. I have removed TCPIP and have reinstalled SPs for Exch and NT4. I have 2-way trusts set up between the domains, and they can browse each other's files. DNS has been set up, and I have forward zones for both of the domains. There is no internal DNS on the NT4 domain....

Formatting just some rows

Tab Contol Question
I have a form that contains a Tab Control. I would like to setfocus to a specific control on each tab when the tab is activated, but can not find any event that provides this ability when the tab is selected. I can only find "On Click", "On Dbl Click", "On Mouse Down", "On Mouse Up", and "On Mouse Move" which applies to the entire tab area itself, not just the tab name. Am I outside of the box on this one? PosseJohn wrote: >I have a form that contains a Tab Control. > >I would like to setfocus to a specific con...

freezing formatting

Change default email domain name in 5.5
The company I work for is changing its name and I have been tasked to change the Exchange 5.5 servers' default email domain name. We currently receive mail at three addresses, oldname.com, newname.com and mail.oldname.com. The server was originally built on oldname.com. As such, whenever email is sent from the server, the reply to address is oldname.com. How do I change this to newname.com? We only have around 40 or so recipients so manually changing the default smtp info is no big deal. Is there a MS tech bulletin on how to do this? Thanks for any and all help Dave In the propert...

Negative number formatting

Excel Upgrade question
We are using MS Office 2000 Professional. We would like to upgrade only the Excel 2000 to 2003. Can we just upgrade Excel without upgrading the whole MS Office suite? If so, should we expect any conflicts when we run MS Word 2000, PowerPoint 2000, etc or can Excel run nicely on it's own? Our systems are 2 year old XP Pro and Home versions. Thanks for any informative response. -- ADArnold ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ADArnold's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12106 View this thread: http://www.excelf...

Format Smartlist field

Enforce format

Conditional Formating Help

Exchange 5.5
Hi We have an old NT box running exchange 5.5. I am trying to mov mailboxes to a new server running Windows 2000 with exchange 5.5. Bot servers are in the same site. I start the move as usual (hi-light mailbox, tools - move mailbox). enter the destination server (Windows 2000 server) and click ok. Th move mailbox progress box appears with the message "Opening th information store that belongs to username". The progress indicato moves from 0% to 1%m then stops. The mailbox I am moving is empty. have left the process to run for a couple of hours to no avail. When check ...

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

Missing Stored Procedures in GP 7.5
When trying to apply hotfix 750g38 by running the SQL statement against two differerent companies (Company A and Company B), one company completes successfully (Company A), but the second company (Company B) completes with the following info: Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current stored procedure because it depends on the missing object 'SVC_Obj_ValidateUOM'. The stored procedure will still be created. Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current stored procedure because it depends on the missing object 'SVC_Obj_CalcBillTransTime'. The stored procedure will st...

Windows Active Directory Interview Questions
Here i have gathered some of the most important interview questions on Windows Active Directory Services. These are related to Windows 2003 AD environment. Please click on the following link to see them http://www2.isupportyou.net/2010/07/some-windows-active-directory-interview.html Cherry wrote: > Here i have gathered some of the most important interview questions > on Windows Active Directory Services. These are related to Windows > 2003 AD environment. Please click on the following link to see > them > http://www2.isupp0rty0u.net/2o1o/o7/s0me-wind0ws-active-dire...

questions for an interview
i'm not a developer but need to interview some people to help out with some CRM customizations. I'm thinking a Uni-grad who will self learn. small business simple stuff. What skills should i be looking for in the person? It depends on the type of customizations you're looking for: Form Customization - JavaScript/JScript development (Note that I'm not talking about JAVA) - Dynamic HTML (Internet Development) - AJAX and XML (optional, for calling CRM web services) Server-Side (Callout development, Custom Workflow Assemblies) - Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 / Visual Studio 200...

register questions
I have been using Money 2002 for some time and have had previous money versions. During the last 2 week time period my register quite going back to the beginning. Now all I get is the last 3 years worth of transactions. I have set the view to show all dates. The payees and transactions are still in the database, just need the register to REALLY show ALL dates. Comments? In microsoft.public.money, ballworth@comcast.net wrote: >I have been using Money 2002 for some time and have had >previous money versions. During the last 2 week time >period my register quite going back to t...

A Loaded Question...
You folks have been great about answering my questions -- but I'd like to learn more on my own. IU bought John Green's Excel 2000 VBA Programmer's Reference Guide, but it is either too advanced or not laid out right for me. Any suggestions for a good book for beginning - intermediate? I'd like to be able to write macros more effectively. I suspect several of you are authors... any help appreciated. ./RN See one response at your original post. Randy Numbers wrote: > > You folks have been great about answering my questions -- but I'd like to > learn more on...

Unlocking The Positioning Grid And Printing Question
Hello, Thanks for previous help. Using Excel 97. Two questions, please. a. Something new; never had showup before. On the page that has the data for a chart, I now have blue dashed lines showing, I guess, what the actual page boundaries would be if I printed this data. How do I get rid of this, and also the light grey "Page No.s" that also show up ? b. On my chart, I have some text boxes. They seem to be locked to a specific grid spacing limiting the exact spots I would like them to be. How can I remove this locking, and move them, smoothly, to "anywhere I'd li...

How to format the value in a cell?