Formatting just some rows

Thank you so much for that, it'll save loadsa time. I adjusted the formula
as the original sheet contined 11 columns of data.
Can you help with this part now?
The original sheet had dates in Column E (in the form Jan-03). Thay have
come through on the new sheet in the single column as 5 digit figures such
as 37622. Is there any way of getting
the original form of the date back, affecting just rows 5, 16, 27 etc...of
the new sheet? Perhaps I need to format just these rows on the NEW sheet.
A similar problem exists with column I of the original where the � sign has
been lost. Again is there any way of getting this sign back in the new sheet
just on rows 9, 20, 31 etc..

Cheers,

Bodster

Say data is on Sheet1, from A1 to H3000.

Enter this formula *anywhere* you wish on another sheet, and copy down 3000
rows:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$A$1:$H$3000,ROWS($1:8)/8,MOD(ROWS($1:1)-1,8)+1)

--
HTH,

RD

"Bodster" <bodster@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I have a sheet of data 3000+ rows with 8 columns in each. I need to adjust
> the data into 24000 rows of one column. I want to take the first row of
the
> old sheet (8 columns) and make the contents the first 8 rows of the new
> sheet (1 column), the old sheet second row to be new rows etc...9-16
>
> Something to do with Paste Special but not sure.
>
> Any help please?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bodster

0
bodster (8)
6/18/2006 7:28:28 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

negative number format

Freezing rows & columns
I have formatted my sheet perfectly, but when I freeze the appropriat section excel inserts a big line (to show whats frozen) thus disruptin my formatting. Is anyone aware of a means of freezing WITHOUT the line? CHEER ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements You can't hide the "freeze" line. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson So...

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

Format Smartlist field

Enforce format

Conditional Formating Help

display multiplte email addresses and inboxes just like thunderbi
I am trying to convert from Thunderbird to Outlook. I want to have my three email accounts (different addresses) displayed at the same time. I also would like to have three separate inboxes like Thunderbird. Any help? Seperate inboxes / default folders is an option in Outlook 2007, you can have as many email accounts as you like, available all the time "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B079E76-E946-49E9-9E99-D87708AF00C4@microsoft.com... >I am trying to convert from Thunderbird to Outlook. I want to have my three > email accounts (diff...

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

How to format the value in a cell?

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

How to reverse order of rows and columns
September 10, 2005 Hello, all, I've made a big boo-boo in an Excel 2000 spreadsheet, and I can't figure out how to fix it. Can you help? I've created a table with 28 rows and 28 columns, and I've painstakingly typed data into many of the resulting 784 cells. Only now do I realize that the order of the columns is reversed, i.e., what was ABCD needs to be DCBA. Same with the 28 rows, which have slightly different names. You can see the table as it is now by opening or downloading it from http://barelybad.com/eraseme_excel_test01.xls. As you can see, the columns run from N...

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Sheets lose formats
I have a file that I created by upgrading from Excel 2003. In 2007 the file saves fine. I had a user complain he didn't have Excel 2007 so I saved as a ..xls file and now everytime I reopen the file all my formating on every sheet is gone. If I reapply the formatting and then save as a .xlsm file, all the formatting stays in the file. Ideas? ...

Change HTML Format to Plain Text Format
We would like to change 500 Outlook XP and 2003 clients to use Plain Text for emails rather than Rich Text or HTML. Is there a registery key I can modify, save and email out to all clients to automatically change the settings If you have any suggestions please let me know Thank Kevin ...

Formatting / Formula
Hi, Not sure if I need conditional formatting or a formula for the following: If I put a date into a spreadsheet I'd like it to change colour after a set number of days to warn me that it's now time expired. ie 01 Dec should turn RED after 90 days to show that time's up! Any help will be gratefully received Telford Tom 1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:A10). Please note that the cell reference A1 mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell will have a white background even after selection 2. From menu Format>Conditional ...

Conditional Format if cell value is odd
Hi all, Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks a bunch, Michele Please state your question in the body of the message, not in the subject. =ISODD(A1) Tyro "mjones" <michele@quality-computing.com> wrote in message news:c6bc0e02-00c7-4d33-b85b-0c8ce728d3b9@l16g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know how to do this? > > Thanks a bunch, > > Michele If the cell value you want to check is A1, then: formula is =3Dmod(A1,2) =3D 0 hope that helps Carlo On Feb 12, 10:05=A0am, mjones <mich...@quality-computing.com> wrote: >...

First non blank number in a row
I've been trying to figure out how i can identify the first non blank cell in a series and show me which column that cell is in. e.g. Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 Col5 Row1 34.2 3.45 45.1 432.1 Row2 43.1 541 Row3 34.1 51.12 What formula can i key in Col6, that shows me the for row2,that col2 is the first non blank number, and for row 3, col3 is the first non blank number and similarly for Row1, col1 is the first non blank number. Thanks In F2 =MIN(IF(A2:E2<>"",COLUMN(A2:E2))) which is an array formula, so c...