formatting a date to look like Wed Jan 3

How do I use the custom formatting to get this result?

....Lisa

0
gerry.lisa (13)
1/2/2007 2:09:25 AM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try custom format as:   ddd mmm d
--
Max
Singapore
<gerry.lisa@gmail.com> wrote in message
> How do I use the custom formatting to get this result?
>
> ...Lisa

0
demechanik (4693)
1/2/2007 2:17:45 AM
Lisa,

Use a custom number format of

ddd mmm d

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

<gerry.lisa@gmail.com> wrote in message
> How do I use the custom formatting to get this result?
>
> ...Lisa

0
chip1 (1821)
1/2/2007 2:24:35 AM
Chip Pearson wrote:
> Lisa,
>
> Use a custom number format of
>
> ddd mmm d
>

> --
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
> www.cpearson.com
> (email address is on the web site)
>

> <gerry.lisa@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > How do I use the custom formatting to get this result?
> >
> > ...Lisa

Thanks Max and Chip...your suggestions gave me:

Mon, January 1

I would like Mon Jan 1

....Lisa

0
gerry.lisa (13)
1/2/2007 2:38:57 AM
Chip Pearson wrote:
> Lisa,
>
> Use a custom number format of
>
> ddd mmm d
>

> --
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
> www.cpearson.com
> (email address is on the web site)
>

> <gerry.lisa@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > How do I use the custom formatting to get this result?
> >
> > ...Lisa

You're right,

ddd mmm d  did it.
I had ddd, mmmm d
I had a comma and an extra "m".
Thanks again

....Lisa

0
gerry.lisa (13)
1/2/2007 2:42:16 AM
It worked ok for me.

You may want to try it again.

--

Dave Peterson
0

--

> Chip Pearson wrote:
>> Lisa,
>>
>> Use a custom number format of
>>
>> ddd mmm d
>>

>> --
>> Cordially,
>> Chip Pearson
>> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
>> www.cpearson.com
>> (email address is on the web site)
>>

>> <gerry.lisa@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I use the custom formatting to get this result?
>> >
>> > ...Lisa
>> >

> Thanks Max and Chip...your suggestions gave me:
>
> Mon, January 1
>
> I would like Mon Jan 1
>
> ...Lisa

0
chip1 (1821)
1/2/2007 2:47:51 AM
Good to hear you got it up there ..
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
<gerry.lisa@gmail.com> wrote ...
> You're right,
>
> ddd mmm d  did it.
> I had ddd, mmmm d
> I had a comma and an extra "m".
> Thanks again
>
> ...Lisa

0
demechanik (4693)

How to Change Language of Dates in Outlook Express
I work on the Occupied West Bank, but for some reason my computer thinks it's in South Africa and uses Afrikaans for the outgoing date in OE. I would like to change the language of OE to English, but I can't figure out how. The Help says to get a language encoding download from the Explorer homepage under international, but I can't find it. In any case, that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, since all I am asking for is Microsoft's native language. I am just a regular user, so please be as clear as possible if you have any ideas. Thanks much, Katherine F...

negative number format

Unspecified Automation Error #3
Anyone have any idea? _Yoyo Wrote: > Hi, > > I'm currently using Office 2000 Pro and i wrote some macros for > converting data taken from a ms access table into a .txt file and > others. They worked just fine but i decided to upgrade my XP Os with > SP2 and all of the sudden none of my coded macros work! I believe is > the SP2 because they still work on other computers. Help! -- _Yoyo Any chance you've turned the macro security level too high? Tools|macro|security|security level tab I'm not sure if upgrading the OS will modify this, but I'd che...

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

Count Dates?
I have a range A1:A1500 where the cells have the custom date format of dd.mm.yy However, some cells contain text. I need a formula to COUNT the number of cells that contain dd.mm.yy dates. I was going to try an array SUM(IF(...1,0) which tested for LEN of 8 (the no. of characters in the date fields). But some of the text entries could also contain 8 characters. Can anyone advise how I can count the dates? Many thanks,.....Jason try =SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(H2:H22))*1) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Jay" <spam@dummyaddress.sp...

freezing formatting

How to list dates in a month of particular weekday
MY question is simple, sorry if i'm being stupid. Can anyone tell me how can i make a list which contains only dates of all the Fridays in a particular month? In a more advanced sense, can I create a list with all the Fridays AND Saturdays of a month? You didn't post a lot of detail about your setup. Assuming the month number is in A1 and your list of Fridays and Saturdays is to be listed in Column B starting at B1, put these formulas in the indicated cells... B1: =DATE(YEAR(NOW()),$A$1,8)-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(NOW()),$A$1,2)) B2: =DATE(YEAR(NOW()),$A$1,8)-WEEKDAY(...

Negative number formatting

Feet and Inches #3
I am trying to make a chart using feet and inches on the y-axis. I know that I could convert to just inches, but I'd really rather not if it can be avoided. I'm using Microsoft Excel 2008 for Mac version 12.1.5. Tom, You can convert inches to feet/inches with the following formula: =INT(F18/12) & "' " & MOD(F18,12) & """" -- Regards, Eddie http://www.HelpExcel.com "HighJumpTom" wrote: > I am trying to make a chart using feet and inches on the y-axis. I know that > I could convert to just inches, but I'd really...

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

display multiplte email addresses and inboxes just like thunderbi
I am trying to convert from Thunderbird to Outlook. I want to have my three email accounts (different addresses) displayed at the same time. I also would like to have three separate inboxes like Thunderbird. Any help? Seperate inboxes / default folders is an option in Outlook 2007, you can have as many email accounts as you like, available all the time "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B079E76-E946-49E9-9E99-D87708AF00C4@microsoft.com... >I am trying to convert from Thunderbird to Outlook. I want to have my three > email accounts (diff...

Conditional Formating Help

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

Date calculation in a Query
I have this expression in a form and it works perfect DateAdd("d",63-Weekday(FirstContact,7),FirstContact) But, where should I write it in a query? The query should show all the items that shoul be removed from the list on the calculated date, and update the "removed from the list" the field from there. Thanks Ioia Add the expression as a calculated field in the query Field: Removal: DateAdd("d",63-Weekday(FirstContact,7),FirstContact) Criteria: = #2009-11-27# Then you can apply criteria against the calculated field. Another option would be...

LDAP #3
Hello, I have a windows 2003 DC running exchange 2003. I know LDAP is a part of AD. On the server, I cannot find it in the services. On the exchange manager, I got to my server and there is a protocol folder there and it has smtp, imap4, etc but no LDAP. I have done "telnet IP ADDRESS 389" from the command prompt on another computer and I believe it works (it doesn't say connection failed just goes to an empty window). I just want to know if LDAP is running and how to install it again, if it wasn't before or if it got deleted. I am trying to connect my Xerox mach...

When copying from "date" cell to "general" cell, how to keep date.
An Excel question for you: when I try to copy data from a "date" formatted cell over to a concatenate formula in a "general" formatted field, it transfers the data over as the boolean value. This is causing endless headaches because I am trying to upload the information into our financial software. Do you know a solution for this? I think you mean the date comes over as the serial value. If not, this may not be right. In the concatenate function, embed the Text function. ex: A1 has 5/16/2004, B1 has "TEST" in it. C1 formula would be =concatenate (TEX...

How to format the value in a cell?

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...