Football Results and Tables

i run a football league and would like to know if there is any formulas
i could use

for when i put a score in a cell it automatically sorts the table out
to go with it.

Many thanks
Benn

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Pivot Table Not Populating Correctly
I run a pivot table with data downloaded from the web but today for some reason the pivot table will not populate correctly. After I create the table, I try to drag over a variable "cost" and it populates every cell as '1' and rather than labeling the column "cost", it labels it "count of cost". I can see from the worksheet that it is taking the data from that the cost is correct but for some reason the table will not populate with it. Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it and prevent it from happening again? Thanks, Chris Chris, ...

Refer to a Locations Table in the Lead form
Hi, I need to use/refer a ISO location table. I'm customizing the leads form and need to include an origin and destination location fields, and would like to choose the values from the locations table. How can I do that ? Can I create this table in MSCRM or refer to other SQL DB ? Thank you, Hugo You will have to create your own Lead ASPx form and manipulate the data yourself (via methods described in the SDK). You cannot add direct "Lookup" fields (referencing another database table) in the current version of CRM. It is probable that this type of functionality will be...

basMedian obtaining quarterly results
I'm using the following query to get quarterly results for each bedroom number. The median function is returning the same number for each bedroom number in each quarter. Can someone tell me how to get it to provide the median price by bedroom number? SELECT DISTINCTROW Sales2.City, Format$([Sales2].[Selling Date],'\Qq yyyy') AS [Quarter], Sales2.[Property Subtype 1], Sales2.Bedrooms AS [Bedrooms], Avg(Sales2.[Selling Price]) AS [Average Price], Format$(CDbl(acbDMedian("[Selling Price]","Sales2","Format$([Selling Date],'\Qq yyyy') = ...

Chart Certain Table Data
Hello Everyone. I'm running into a little bit a of an issue when trying to chart data. I have a very large table that is being queried from a SQL database. I would like to create a "dynamic" chart/graph based on the results from the table. However, I would only like to include certain data (location) and only data for a certain amount. Statement would go something like this - If Location = X and Amount >=Y then include the data. Any suggestions? Sorry for the double post! "JWL5537" wrote: > Hello Everyone. I'm running into a little bit a of an ...

exporting to excel results numbers stored as text
Hi, I'm using CRM 3.0 with Windows XP SP 2 and I encountered the same problem with CRM 1.2 each time I'm trying to export data to excel results numbers stored as text on the excel file. data on the CRM is configured as int/float. Help is appriciated. G.R Yes, I noticed the same problem. Very frustrating as you are forced to change the field types back to numerical every time. If it's an int/float field in CRM then it should be a numeric field in excel. Suggest Microsoft change the functionality here. Can't see any logic of why anyone would want numbers converted to...

cell comments in a vlookup table
i have information in a vlookup table that i only want to veiw when required.It cannot be done with cell coments as these do not come over within a lookup table.I thought of another column within the lookup table,but these are always visible, and i am running this program on a P.D.A and space is at a premium. ...

Football League Table
Does anyone have any ideas of how I could create a football (soccer) league standing that is automatically updated every time new scores are entered? Thanks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Look for posts by Bob Phillips in www.google.com I believe he has created one for the Premier league (since you say football before soccer I assume you are from the British Isles) I know he has emailed an example to other posters upon request, can't guarantee anything of course.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "12345" <12345.yn5sa@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in ...

Function for Multiple results from a look up in a table
I am working on a table with mutliple datas (about 40 columns and 2000 rows), with text and numbers. I am trying to set up a sort of cross reference. I want to compare 2 parameters of a same row for a specific part with all the other part on the table; and get as a result all the part with the same value in the parameters(columns) (or range of value, +/- 5%) How can I do that ? Thank You ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** Hi not really sure what you're trying to achiev...

Pasting Tables
I have a large table template that i want to paste into many documents. I don't know anything about Macro's but can i create an icon to do this for me. e.g suppose my table template is: Product code Product Description Average Stddev Var Skewness 01 Hides 02 CD's 03 apparell 04 bovine meat In practice it is larger. Note the descriptive statistics data is not inserted. I have data for many countries. So for instance i want to be able to paste this template into my data for Nigeria and then use formulas to fill it in (i have no problems with the formulas). Then i want to do the ...

Help exporting the resulting of a sort by Group
HI, I would like to export into excel from MS Project 2007 the result of a sort by Group value within my project. I have created a custom field called area for my project and have assigned an 'area' for each task. If I sort by the group 'area' I get the exact results that I would like to export - the sum of values (such as work, % work complete, etc) for each of my areas. HOWEVER I can not seem to export this into excel. I am not able to figure out how to create a filter that will give me the group by area with the sum totals. Can you help please - is there a...

GP8 vs GP10 Manufacturing Tables
Hello. Would anyone know what table(s) replace GP8 table MP010230 (MRP Weeks) in GP10? I was using this table in some MS Access queries and have to re-create for GP10. I have found table MRP2230 but the field names are not the same - I am hoping there is another :) Thx a lot, M. ...

Too much space before and after Tables Publisher 2003
Hello All, This is regarding MS Publisher 2003, with the latest updates all installed. I am having a problem making the text before and after a table appear right along the edge of a table. The tables are set to Exact, with 0 text box margins and Layout|Distance from Text set to all zeros. Still, when I move the table between paragraphs I often get too much space between the table and the next text line. Paragraphs are set to zero points before and after, too. This behavior has led me to go back to formatting documents in Word, where I don't have this problem with tables. However, ...

How do I wrap the table so it prints on one page?
I have a long, skinny table. I don't want one section of it to print on each page, I want the sections to be stacked on one another on one or two pages. Is there a way to wrap the table so it is on one page, or should I just move all the cells so they're on top of one another? Hi Have a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- Andy. "megnadoodle" <megnadoodle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94DE052E-7F1D-4F49-94A5-3626AC73BB52@microsoft.com... >I have a long, skinny table. I don't want one section of it to print...

Formulas not displaying results
Hi, I've run into a very strange problem. When I type a formula into a cell, it doesn't evaluate. It just sits there with the formula displayed. So for instance if I type "=b5", the cell just displays "=b5". It doesn't calculate. I've tried going to Tools->Options->Calculation and turning Automatic on and off. It's only happening on one work sheet. I haven't benn able to duplicate the problem in another work sheet. Ideas? Jamie Hi James the cell is probably formated as text. check under 'Formats - Cells'. change the f...

Table update interrupted
I have a batch stuck in Batch Recovery. It says the status is: "Table Updates Interrupted". If I try to "Continue" the Batch Recovery process it says: "You have not marked any batches for posting" (even though the batch is marked) and if I try to unmark the batch it says: "Unable to change batch's status. The batch is being posted." How do I get it out of there? IF you have experience in Enterprise Manager, open the table SY00500 in the company database, locate the batch, and set the field BCHSTTUS on that batch ONLY to 0. If you do not h...

Football Scores
Hi, I have an xls with a list of football matches. In column A I will have the home scores and in column B, I will have teh away team's scores. I then have in column C my predicition for teh home team and in column D the away team score predcition. I want column E to compare teh two sets of scores and award me 3 points for an exact match of the scores and 1 point if I predict teh correct wwinner or a draw. - How can I do this? Thanks Simon -- Number_8 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Number_8's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...

Table menu
For some unknown reason my Table menu no longer works. The list is grayed out. ??? Using Publisher 2000 Help! -- Don Vancouver, USA I assume you did a detect and repair? The obvious answer is the table menu doesn't work unless you create a table. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message news:10ttakun90ai311@corp.supernews.com... > For some unknown reason my Table menu no longer works. The list is grayed > out. ??? > > Using Publi...

result of WM_QUERYENDSESSION is ignored
Hi my application returns FALSE on WM_QUERYENDSESSION, but the shutdown continues. The program does not receive a WM_ENDSESSION, but it simply closes. I use VC++ Any suggestions Thats quite strange... This is how ExitWndowsEx is coded... ... ... ... for (ppWnd = list, i = 0; *ppWnd; ppWnd++, i++) { /* Make sure that the window still exists */ if (!IsWindow( (*ppWnd)->hwndSelf )) continue; if (!SendMessage16( (*ppWnd)->hwndSelf, WM_QUERYENDSESSION, 0, 0 )) break; } result = !(*ppWnd); /* Now notify all windows that got a WM_QUERYENDSE...

Pivot Table
I have a Pivot Table with the following format: ALMACEN ARTCOD MOVENTSAL Total 9 S 11.36 S 209.48 E 79.45 E 55 S 137.88 I need the result of Total S - Total E. Can I do this with a calculated field? Thanks in advance Regards, Emece.- Post some source data... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Emece" wrote: > I have a Pivot Table with the following format: > > ALMACEN > ARTCOD MOVENTSAL Total > 9 S 11.36 > S 209.48 > E 79.45 > E 55 > S 137.88 > > I...

Table disappears at edge of landscape page in Print layout view on
I was entering data in an ordinary table in portrait page setup and decided I needed to make the table wider so changed the page set up to landscape. As I added columns, towards the right the edge of the table edges disappear as well as the text in them. If I change to normal view or web layout view they are there and intact but print layout view and print preview cuts them off. I've tried select all and pasting into a new landscape document but the same thing happens can't see the right edge. I've checked the margin sizes they all seem to be normal, I've fiddle...

Linked Table Manager
I am using the following code to launch the Linked Table Manager in Access 2007: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdLinkedTableManager My question is: Is there a simple way to tell if the linking was Successful, Failed, or if the user Canceled the process? Thanks in advance Mark -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Your code simply open the Linked Table Manager console. It will return messages based on the process. It will tell you if it was successful or not. The only other option would be to create your own table linking form/routine. -- Hope this helps, D...

Removing errors from a Pivot table
I apologise if this has been asked before, but Could someone please advise me how to remove items from within a pivot table The first box of my pivot table has a pull down arrow which if I click on, it shows all the info it has found. at the top of the info there is a box which says "Show all" Beside each individual entry there is a tick box which results in the info either being used by the table (if ticked) or ignored by the table (if left clear) After several months of use there are now lots of these items which I will never refer to again and I would dearly love to delet...

If Statement in textbox if the results show as #Error
I have a textbox where its doing % change from two other textboxes. And sometimes the other two other textboxes have 0 as values and it won't be able to do the calculation. I am getting two errors...#Error and #Num!. How can i fix that so it shows blank instead of the #Error and #Num!..... Thank you, Jay You need to change your formula to cater for the possibility of zero (or null) in the other textboxes. Without knowing your formula, I can't specify what to do. -Dorian "Jay" wrote: > I have a textbox where its doing % change from two other textboxes. And &...

2007 Table Linked Charts
I have a dataset with monthly data over several years. I want to chart only the current calendar year's monthly data, and have the chart update automatically as each of the newest month's data is added. One solution is to hide the prior years' monthly data rows in the table which removes them from the chart. This limits other charts that might be linked to the same table where they chart the whole or an earlier date range of the dataset. Linking tables doesn't work since the mirroring tables don't auto update as a new month is entered. Has anyone developed a better sol...

Rotate XLS table
Does anyone know how to move a normal XLS table and make it read right to left Example - instead of a b c, read Thanks, Right to left or top to bottom? Look at Edit | Copy | Edit | Paste Special | Transpose. -- Vasant "Fred" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:985FACCD-03ED-484D-95E4-04B4C26876EC@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to move a normal XLS table and make it read right to left? > > Example - instead of a b c, read > a > b > c > > Thanks, ...