Font color problem

I have a really weird problem, that I can't resolve.  When I click in a cell
and hit the font color button to change the font color to anything but black
the color is the color I selected when I type something in the cell.  As
soon as I click out of the cell the color changes from the color I selected
back to black.  Any idea why it won't stay the color I made it?  If I print
out the page the colors are there on paper but not on screen.

Thanks
-Scott

0
hrm_admin (4)
3/2/2006 1:52:23 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

A shot in the dark: I wonder if High Contrast has been set on this PC.
Try Start | Programs | Accessories | Accessibility | Accessibility Wizard
to toggle it off
Use Help from Start menu to learn more about High Contrast
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Scott Micale" <hrm_admin@news.postalias> wrote in message
>I have a really weird problem, that I can't resolve.  When I click in a
>cell and hit the font color button to change the font color to anything but
>black the color is the color I selected when I type something in the cell.
>As soon as I click out of the cell the color changes from the color I
>selected back to black.  Any idea why it won't stay the color I made it?
>If I print out the page the colors are there on paper but not on screen.
>
> Thanks
> -Scott

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
3/2/2006 2:34:06 PM
No that did not change anything.  Any other ideas?

"Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
>A shot in the dark: I wonder if High Contrast has been set on this PC.
> Try Start | Programs | Accessories | Accessibility | Accessibility Wizard
> to toggle it off
> Use Help from Start menu to learn more about High Contrast
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "Scott Micale" <hrm_admin@news.postalias> wrote in message
>>I have a really weird problem, that I can't resolve.  When I click in a
>>cell and hit the font color button to change the font color to anything
>>but black the color is the color I selected when I type something in the
>>cell. As soon as I click out of the cell the color changes from the color
>>I selected back to black.  Any idea why it won't stay the color I made it?
>>If I print out the page the colors are there on paper but not on screen.
>>
>> Thanks
>> -Scott

0
hrm_admin (4)

Problem w/X axis in chart (2003)
I didn't get any hits with my first post, so let's try again with a different subject line. I'm creating stacked bar charts where I'm tracking data from three points in time (one chart for each reporting period). I started this project a year ago and don't remember how I created the first chart, so I decided to just replicate the first chart, then change the data series. I did so by copying the source data range. For some reason, the second chart has a max capacity of 180% (instead of 100%). When I go to Format Axis, the first chart shows the following values und...

Printing Barcode Font in RS2008
We have several reports that use custom barcode fonts, and these have been working happily for ages. We have recently deployed our reports to a sql2008 instance and have hit a big problem. The Report Previews correctly in Reporting services (i.e. the user sees the barcode) The report previews AND prints correctly in VS2008. but... When we print from Reporting services the barcodes font is not displayed (gibbersish characters are displayed instead). We have checked that the users all have the barcode fonts installed locally. We have also installed the barcode fonts on t...

caption font
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... Thank you Raymond Mercier Raymond Mercier wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font > used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... > > Thank you > > Raymond Mercier The status bar is a control, and like other controls its font can be changed by calling its SetFont function with a CFont that you initialize. But the caption bar and menus are drawn by Windows using the system preferences. You cannot direct...

Frustrating problem with Windows Media Player
I opened Windows Media Player today and went to minimize it while I did other things, and it informed me that it would revert to it's miniplayer mode (the thing where it moves to the right side of the taskbar and makes a miniature player; not skin mode) and I checked the box that says "don't show me this message again" I don't even know why it was telling me this, since that is what it has until now always done, since I had already gotten that message and ok'd it ages ago. When I clicked "Ok", it did not revert to the miniplayer at all, and now...

Printing problems
My computer is running Windows XP with 384MB of RAM, and I am using Publisher 2000. I am printing to a HP color laserjet 5 which HP does not offer any drivers on thier site for this printer and Win XP. The HP driver site for this printer says that the driver was included into Windows XP. The printer is connected using the parallel port. I have cropped a picture of a group of teens and made three pictures out of the one and added some text to create a publicity flier. I accomplish this by inserting the picture and then making 2 copies of it and then I crop each one to make 3 dif...

Memory Problem
Hi While using new and delete operator for eg) for(i=0;i<condition;i++) { nFileSize=GetFileSize; if(nFileSize>=10000) { DWORD size=10000; DWORD dRemaining=nFileSize%size; HANDLE hFile; hFile=::CreateFile (filename,GENERIC_WRITE,FILE_SHARE_WRITE,NULL,CREATE_ALWAYS ,FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL|FILE_FLAG_WRITE_THROUGH,NULL); for(int i=size;i<=nFileSize;i+=10000) { ...

Odd e-mail duplication problem

OWA Change password problem!
Hi All I have Exchange 2003 SP1 running on W2K Advanced server with SP4. Whenever I try to change my password through OWA I get a 404 error page. Can someone help me with this?? Thanks in advance Saleh Ghaleb ...

Read-only problems
When I down load pictures from the card into a publisher file, some of the pictures are "read-only". It will not allow me to do anything with them because "access is denied". How do I remove the "read-only"? -- Thank you, Bonnie When you say card, do you mean removable media? Copy the image to your hard drive, right-click, properties, uncheck read only. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bonnie" <Bonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BA840F5-14C7-4C...

How to write in Japenese font?
I want to write in Japenese font in Word. Is there any possibility to write in MS Office 2003 with On-screen keyboard? Yes. It's not a Word thing, it's a Windows thing. Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, and try to follow the tabs and buttons for "installing a new keyboard" (not "installing a new language") They are rather different in XP, Vista, and 7. In XP you need to check the box for "Asian scripts" (not "complex scripts"). There are many different input methods for Japanese; you can read ...

Transition from Outside Pop3 to Internal Exchange Problems
Using Exchange 2003. Setup and working correctly. Our domain churchofogod.cc and mail record is housed by an outside provider. He created a temporary domain that we can forward to to get emails into exchange. The problem is that as we move internal account to exchange, the recipients that are not on exchange yet cannot recieve emails from the senders that are on the exchange system. Example John Smith is on exchange he has 2 email accounts set up in exchange. jsmith@hq.churchofgod.cc jsmith@churchofgod.cc with the latter being his default account. At the outside server all mail c...

Calendar coloring
In a class this morning (entirely different subject) a student asked about coloring appointments in Outlook 2003's calendar. I had never heard of it , so when I returned home this is what Help provided. "Microsoft Outlook has 10 colors that you can use to color appointments and meetings. These colors are visible in Day/Week/Month view of Calendar. You can color individual or recurring appointments and meetings manually, or you can use rules to automatically color items that meet certain conditions, such as when a certain word is used in the subject or when a meeting request is...

POP 3 Connector problem on Exchange Server 5.5
Hi there, I am having a problem with junk email with null characters. (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;280331). This has only become a problem is the last month or so. As the article says, "This behavior occurs because one or more e-mail messages in the mailbox of the POP3 server may contain Null characters and the POP3 Connector for Small Business Server 4.5 is not able to download e-mail messages if they contain Null characters." 1. Can someone explain to me what a "null character" is? 2. What are some options to cure the problem. Simp...

Problem in Advanced Find
I have added another value in the drop down for activities search and that is to search in activity body text. It works fine but when ever i combine it with the criteria to find for last 7 days it got stucked and after a while gives time out expired message for ADO. I have searched the error on MS support and according to the solution reseted the timeout value to unlimited but it didnt work both on unlimited and 1 hour settings. It works fine if i give it the criteria of 7 days the other way like on or after 15/09/2004 while current date is 22/09/2004. Can any one know the solution to ...

Signature Fonts
We are using Outlook 2000 and need to disable the font selection for signature blocks (we want to keep it at Times New Roman 10). Is this possible? Again thank you in advance for your help. ...

Problem Inserting Images
Whenever I use Word or Powerpoint 2007, and I insert either a jpg or png, I get a line around the top and left side of my images. Like a border. This line sometimes prints, but it shows up online. It mostly happens after I will save the file or move throughout the document. I have no borders, no bevelled edges etc. I can't understand why this keeps happening? are you inserting the pictures into a placeholder on the slide? (where it says "click to add text.") If there's an empty one on the slide, the picture will insert into it automatically. As a test, inse...

Is there font size limitation on antialiasing?
Hi, I made a program to display a character on LCD. To apply anti-aliasing, I created font with ANTIALIASED_QUALITY flag. [ CFont.CreateFont(... , lfQuality, ...) ] The problem is like this: When I displayed characters that the font size is larger than about 680-pixel, the anti-alising is not applied on displayed character. So I tested my program on the other computer. (My computer is Win2k, the other is WinXP.) At this time, characters that the font size is larger than 330-pixel is displayed with no anti-aliasing. On MSDN, [ ANTIALIASED_QUALITY ] Windows NT 4.0 and later: Font is ant...

Excel 97
Hi all. I'm currently designing an Excel spreadsheet at work, and everything is exactly the way I want it when unprotected. However, my group and outline (1 group for each Quarter of the year (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) and 1 group for Yearly summary (QSummary)) does not expand when I protect the worksheet. The worksheet MUST be protected as I have some extremely large formulas and chart data that I need locked / hidden, but I want the users to be able to select what quarter they enter data into. Currently, I have to unlock the worksheet every time I want to expand a new section. Does anybody know ...

problem with sending this-pointer thru a hook

Password Problem
Hello everyone I have lots of users whom connect through the Internet to the Exchange 2000 server using either Outlook or Outlook express. Because of my gateway resides in the same computer than the exchange, the last uses port 6000 to send e-mails. The problem is that even with the passwords configured on the Outlook client, when the users try to send e-mail, the login screen comes up again, every time they close the outlook and re-open it it asks for password. I know I must validate the users that send mail to prevent the open relay, but is there something I can do to stop the password windo...

font size in comments
Excel 2003 all sp and patches loaded OS: Windows XP Can you change the default font size in comments? Thanks, Will Will From Debra Dalgleish.............. You can change the font size of new comments by changing the settings in your Control Panel. (Instructions for Windows XP) Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font used in Excel's comments) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Jan...

Plugin problem
Hi all, I have plugin registered for Quote products update. Now I want to trigger plugin when my total sales price of quote product changes. I am not able to find from where total sale price is being changed but its changing when i save the quoteproduct from but plugin is not triggered although i selected attribute as total sale price and post and pre satages. I have seen both onload and onsave methods of form but it was not updated from there. Any body has an idea on this please help me out. Regards, MKR ...

Is it SQL 2008 or VB 2008 problem? I don't know
Hello, I have created an application with Visual Basic2005 Standard Edition 2 years ago. The application imports CSV files in the database. The application is connecting to the database that I made it with SQL Server 2005. This is the connection string: Data Source=XXX; Initial Catalog=YYY; Integrated Security=SSPI; Pooling=true; The application uses the TransactionScope class this way with no problem: Using Scope As New Transactions.TransactionScope(Transactions.TransactionScopeOption.RequiresNew) ... Scope.Complete() End Using In the transaction, the applicat...

color is wrong on inserted picture or appears as red X
The color in a few of my inserted photos appear & print wrong and one of them just shows up as a red X. When I insert the photo, the image preview also displays it in this incorrect manner. However, when I look at the file outside of MS Publisher, the image is fine. What's going on? View, picture (pictures) display, tick detailed display. What version Publisher are you using? When you go to print there are options about not printing graphics, where this is found depends on your version of Publisher. In 2002 on the main page click the advanced button, graphics and fonts tab, un...

I can't add 256 color Bitmap! to my Visual C++ Application.
Hi folks I can't add 256 color Bitmap! to my Visual C++ Application Regards David You can use LoadImage to load it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56C2D61B-7556-4484-A317-D16B53D255B9@microsoft.com... > Hi folks, > > I can't add 256 color Bitmap! to my Visual C++ Application. > > Regards, > David ...