Floating form/window?

Hello all.

Is there a way to have a "floating"  form on an Excel spreadsheet?  What
I mean is to have a form (with controls) that always is available no
matter what worksheet the user clicks on.

For my particular project, there will be about 50 worksheets in this one
project.  What I want is to have a form (or window) that is always
available so that the user can add a new member whenever they wish.

I thought about using a command button, but then I don't know how to
make that button appear on each worksheet.

The new member would always be added to the active worksheet (or the
current worksheet to date), so if I had a way to always make a button
appear on the current-to-date worksheet, that would work.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks.

Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! Free Support at
http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/ **
0
dhousto6 (10)
10/10/2004 7:47:10 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

dont know if this will do it for you but what about setting up a custo
toolbar with the buttons you need on that, once you set it up it wil
be on every workshee

--
jimbo69
jimbo693's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1421

Highest Version of Adobe Reader for Windows 98se
Hi, Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I can use on my Windows 98se computer? Thank You in Advance, John PS, Remove "ine" from my email address On 05/08/2010 06:34 AM, jaugustine@verizon.net wrote: > Hi, > > Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I can > use on my Windows 98se computer? > > Thank You in Advance, John > > PS, Remove "ine" from my email address > Adobe is very bloated you will probably be better off with Foxit it'...

Form Headers
!@#$%^&*()?! I am soooo frustrated. It seems like a simple enough function. I just want to have the header print on each form page. The help states that in the properties there is a Repeat to set to Yes. I have double clicked, clicked, right clicked on every section and box and cannot find this command. Please help. There is such capability with REPORTS. I don't believe there is any such capability when printing FORMS. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Evon wrote: > !@#$%^&*...

Embedding image in Entity form
Hello, Is it possible to embedd and image in the entity forms (without using an iframe)? For example, we have different opportunity types. If it's type A then we want to display one image, if it's type B then we show a different image. Thanks for the help! Well, technically Yes, you need to do some AJAX with on the form onLoad event. If you have experience with inserting and manipulating html using javascript, then you can look into it. Otherwise, I would suggest go with the iFrame route. :) Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com On Nov 7, 7:01 am, MDV1457 <M...

Unhide the Application Window
I have vba code in an Access program that calls and manipulates data in an Excel spreadsheet. All the manipulation code works fine. This spreadsheet is unsecured (by design) and can be viewed by anyone. The problem is that after my code works on the file, the next time it is opened (not by any code) the application is hidden and the user must go to the menu bar and manually unhide the window. Is there code to rectify this situation? *****Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Forum & Business Software***** This is a guess. If your users...

Catch Mouse lbutton on window border?
Hey, When the mouse goes over to the edge of a window its cursor changes to a left right arrow (letting us know to resize the window). How do I capture the lbuttondown when it is in this position, not just the OnSize event. Thanks, Wayne "Wayne Ransier" <vsense@netcarrier.com> wrote in message news:uG1cHmdjDHA.1456@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hey, > > When the mouse goes over to the edge of a window its cursor changes to a > left right arrow (letting us know to resize the window). How do I capture > the lbuttondown when it is in this position, not just the O...

User Activity window in GP 9
Hi! Does anyone know why GP removed the User Activity option under Tools-Setup-System in GP 9? How can you tell who's logged in the system without going to SQL Query Analyzer or Enterprise Mgr? Thanks -- Marisol Mortera Hi Marisol, Now found under Tools --> Utilities --> System Robert Marisol wrote: > Hi! > > Does anyone know why GP removed the User Activity option under > Tools-Setup-System in GP 9? How can you tell who's logged in the system > without going to SQL Query Analyzer or Enterprise Mgr? Thanks ...

auto fill a form
please help I have tried but cant seem to get this to work. What I need is information from form 1 to be auto field in on form 2 I already have a combo box on form 2 that pulls data from a field (unit number) on form 1. Now I need the information for 4 more fields (vin mumber,make,model,year) on form 2 that is also on form 1. Thank you..... I may be reading too much into your description... It sounds like you want to replicate data. That is, you want data in one table (visible via form1) to be added to a second table (via form2). If this is what you are trying to accomplish, consider ...

Window Mail Windows 7
I started a new folder and now want to delete it but am unable to. Any suggestions? Please reply to bswanson2@roadrunner.com Where in Windows Live Mail did you create that folder? When you=20 right-click on that folder, isn't 'Delete' one of the options? Sorry, we don't provide individual support via email here. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Bob Swanson" <bswanson2@roadrunner.com> wrote in message = news:CC9B137E-F049-4D24-99EC-5BC141822BB0@microsoft.com... >I star...

linking two forms
I have two tables: Table 1 stores the primary key, Protocol#, along with details about the protocol. Table 2 stores additional information that will apply to SOME of hte protocols. It has no primary key, but is linked to table 1 through Protocol#. Problem: Form 1 is where I enter details into Table 1. I'd like to enter information into Table 2 using a separate form (not a subform), Form 2, which I can access from Form 1 using a button. I set the VBA code to open Form 2 as follows: Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "FRM_2" st...

form calculation not showing in table
Hi i have a table with loan amount and charges which add up to create a balance which is also a field in the table. i have created the form for this table and created the calculation for the balance field to add up the loan amount and charges. The calculation on the form adds up correctly, the problem is that i dont understand why the balance data is not going into the balance table. the loan amount and charges inputted on the form is being entered onto the table, yet the balance is not. Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong, or if i should be doing it a different way. thanks in ...

Outlook Forms????
I created a form, however, there is a message page, with the To:, From: ect. & a Page 2. I really don't want the form to be 2 pages. How can I get everything onto the message page. This way a user does not have to click the P2 tab to fill in the form. Cut and paste the controls on Page 2 to the main message page. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms -- Sue...

Print Preview
When I close the print preview my CMainFrame window title is not restored to the contents prior to clicking Print Preview. If I exit print preview using Print instead of Close I see that the title is changed and the print dialog box appears. After completing the print the CMainFrame window title is restored properly. I tried restoring the title in OnEndPrinting () but it had not effect. Any idea where the title is being changed. Thanks, Neil PS: the content that of the incorrect title is the default title which I had overridden. Did you try overriding SetTitle() in mainframe? http...

what is floating currency
i am working with office 2003, and for my college class i need to know what floating currency is in excel, but i can't find it in an online search, or in excel help. i know how to apply currency formats to cells, but i don't know how floating currency applies to excel. please help. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_currency -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "bobert" <bobert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3763F76-C556-4595-9072-058B543D5FAD@microsoft.com... >i am working with office 2003, and for my college class i need to kno...

Duplicate the record in form and subform
Hi Allen Browne, I try to use your code to duplicate the record in form and subform but I got a error message "Error#3265". BTW, my primary key value is not autonumber, how to change the code to fit my database? Thanks for your expert comments in advance! Presumably we are talking about this article: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-57.html The "Item not found" error was caused by which line? Whichever line it is, you have some name Access can't identify, e.g. you have not changed the field names to match what's in your form. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP...

Company Logo in Printed Forms (Invoices, Quotes, Orders)
Is there any way to include our company logo in the printed forms? How are you printing them now - i assume you are not using the default 'print' buttons as the shipped printing routines levave a lot to be desired. You can print quotes via word - integrating with the mail merge facility and therefore have your logo in the word template. If you use a Crystal report to print the documents you can add your logo to the crystal report. Guy. "Clay Dillard" <Clay Dillard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:777BB252-DEC9-4C6C-B3CB-6041EFDCBEBA@microsoft.com......

Checkboxes Not Working on Form
Okay, I know this is very basic, but I can't figure it out! I have a form with a tab control. On one of the tabs I have 8-10 unbound checkboxes that I am using to allow users to select options before running a series of update queries. The problem is that when I open the form, the checkboxes don't respond. I click on one and the value doesn't change (i.e. a check mark doesn't show up or disappear if there's already one there). I have also tried linking to the OnClick event and GotFocus event (and others), and those are not being called. I set the default value to...

Sending a document to print causes the Windows 2003 print queue of that printer to go offline
Have a situation where sending a document (any) to print causes the Windows 2003 print queue/printer of that printer to go offline. The queue remains offline until the printer is power cycled. We can then print a single job before the queue/printer goes offline again. Was working fine, no changes made. We also have this printer and queue on another server and we get the same problem. Funny though if the printer is created on a Windows 2000 box the printer remains online after a document has printed. Im a twat. have now posted in correct section! Peeky wrote: > Have a situation where se...

Adding a Secondary Owner Field in Contact form
Hello Everyone!! I would like to know if someone can help me with this... Is there any way to create a copy of the ownerid field to have more than one possible owner to each contact??? I have added a new field called: owner_02 to Contacts entity but it is a nvarchar so the user can add any text and it should be better if it is the same type than ownerid field. Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks and regards, Pablo Hi Pablo, There is no easy way to achieve this. You could add a separate entity which gets filled automatically based on callouts on Systemuser. Then create a lookup t...

Subform/Form Referencing
I have a Subform that resides on numerous Forms. I have a calculated field on the Subform that references a field on the Form. [Cost] - Forms.FormName.[Cost] As I place the same Subform on other Forms, the reference is now incorrect because the Form Name has changed. What coding would I use to replace Forms.FormName so the subform will reference the Current Form and display values correctly? Any help appreciated! Newer, Try... =[parent].[Form]![Cost] Tested OK for me, with a subform field that got it's vale from City on my main form. -- hth ...

windows log on/off notification
I'm implementing windows service for windows 2000. And must know when user log on and log of from Windows. There is a notificatin, that sends to service, when user logged on/off. But it is only in XP. How can I do it in Win 2000. Help me, please, if you know. Best regards. Check out OnQueryEndSession() or WM_QUERYENDSESSION Cheers Peter "Antonio Passado" <antoniopassado@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23bJ3tc31DHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I'm implementing windows service for windows 2000. And must know when user > log on and log of from Windows. The...

Disappearing Forms
Hello and thanks for any help on this as it has now happened twice. I have created a new database in Access 2000. I have imported some tables and forms from an older database. I have made some changes to the forms. Things seem to work fine. Sometimes I mess up with VBA cose and it locks up. I close Access and then re-open the database.... most of the Forms I had are missing ... yet, the underlying VBA designer still shows the code for them. If I try and re-create the form, it won't allow me to use the same name. If I try to re-import it, that one disappears also. F5 does not do a...

Hiding Items on form
i have some items like text boxes, buttons, list boxes, etc on a form. my requirement is when the form loads, only one button should be displayed. if and only if i click that button, the remaining items should be displayed. one possibility is write code in form load such that initially the items will be hidden, and button event makes them visible. but i have many items on this form any they may increase from time to time. i dont want to write for each items that they have to hide at form loading and visible on button click. is there any easy way such that we can hide all the items on a form e...

query vs forms
A query looks very similar to a form in datasheet view. Is it possible to call a form from a query if you click on a certain field - or is this only possible using a form. Is is possible to check if a one of two checkboxes has been ticked (say male or female) in a record just by entering the data in a query using some sort of table validation - I know that you can do some limited required field validation. Just wanted to know if this was at all possible because at the moment I am doing all data entry through select queries and it seems to be working Ok, but need to know whether its really nec...

Main form with two sub forms
Hi, I have a main form with a linked sub form which displays related records when a record is selected on the main form. Rather than use the record selectors at the bottom of the screen on the main form to navigate records, I would like to create another sub form (#2) which is unlinked, to the main form but contains a summary of all records on the main form. When a record is selected in Sub form # 2, I would like the main form to jump to that record as well. If I link sub form #2, then only the current record is displayed, not a complete list. In essence what I am tryi...