Flashing cell contents

Hello All,

Using Excel XP.  Is it possible for certain text or numbers to flash or
blink?  For example, if any numbers in A1:A10 has a value of  100 or more I
would like the number to flash or blink.
Thank you for any help,

Michael

0
windme (104)
12/2/2003 8:36:47 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Michael.

Not possible. Most people would hate it if spreadsheets flashed or blinked, and if I use
all my available empathy I believe I could understand them.

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Mike" <windme@cox.net> wrote in message news:rJ6zb.76747$xV6.18222@lakeread04...
> Hello All,
>
> Using Excel XP.  Is it possible for certain text or numbers to flash or
> blink?  For example, if any numbers in A1:A10 has a value of  100 or more I
> would like the number to flash or blink.
> Thank you for any help,
>
> Michael

0
innocent (844)
12/2/2003 8:50:37 PM
"Mike" <windme@cox.net> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> Using Excel XP.  Is it possible for certain text or numbers to flash or
> blink?  For example, if any numbers in A1:A10 has a value of  100 or more
> would like the number to flash or blink.
> Thank you for any help,
>
> Michael

To create a blinking cell:
'
'If you define a new Style (Format / Style / Flash/ Add ) and apply
'that style to the cells you want to flash, paste the following code
'into a module sheet and run the procedure Flash from Auto-Open if
'desired you will get the text flashing alternately white and red.

Dim NextTime As Date

Sub Flash()
  NextTime = Now + TimeValue("00:00:01")
  With ActiveWorkbook.Styles("Flash").Font
    If .ColorIndex = 2 Then .ColorIndex = 3 Else .ColorIndex = 2
  End With
  Application.OnTime NextTime, "Flash"
End Sub

Sub StopIt()
  Application.OnTime NextTime, "Flash", schedule:=False
  ActiveWorkbook.Styles("Flash").Font.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End Sub

0
mme (8)

Summing one cell
How do I sum one cell, so that f.ex. the number 92745 from one cell is shown as the sum 27 (9+2+7+4+5), or even 9 (2+7)? Hi Hansi! A Google search revealed that this was discussed at length in June: See: http://tinyurl.com/2aarf -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Hansi" <anonym@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24745694-918E-40A0-98FF-D71CD540E1DB@microsoft.com... > > How do I sum one cell, so that f.ex. t...

Cell Formula reference to cell Based On third Cell Content
I want to build a formula in one cell that calls a second based on the numeric value in a third. Specifically, Say the frst cell is F10. I want it to look up the number in F1, and then if F1=1, F10=E9*something if F1=2, F10=D9*something if F1=3, F10=C9* something etc. ...

add numbers in same cell with Auto Sum
I am using XP 2003 Excel and have a spreadsheet with a large column of cells that have multiple numbers in each cell and the numbers are separated by a slash or divide line, ie: '170/13/3. These #'s are actually 170+13+3. Is there a way to do an Auto Sum on this column without changing the slash lines to a plus sign? thanks, Will Hi Will You will need to use an extra column and a bit of Excel trickery!!. On the basis that your column of numbers is in column A, first create a named formula Insert>name>Define> Name addup Refers to =EVALUATE("=&quo...

Too many cell formats error
I am receiving a "too many cell formats" error, which is preventing me from doing almost anything with the spreadsheet we are working on. Deleteing current formatting is not an option. Is anyone aware of a way to increase this limit or other ways to solve this problem ???? ...

Return cell based on another cell help!
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a list of codes in column A, a Master list of codes in column C, and a Master description in D that is associated with the values in C. If a code exists in A, I would like to check if the same code exists in C. If so, I would like to populate column B with the description in D. Can anyone show me how to do this please? Try this in B1: =IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$100,0)),"No Match",VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$100,2,0)) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============...

Protected Cells
I have opened an Excel 2003 worksheet in 2000. The 2003 worksheet contains both protected and unprotected cells. In this particular case, I want to enter a significant amount of text into one of the cells. The developer of the worksheet says text will wrap in the unprotected cell and the row height adjust automatically. The row height doesn't change when I am using Excel 2000. Is this a glitch in compatibility between the two versions? Is there a way to work around it? It also will not allow me to prepare the text in a different spreadsheet and paste it into the cell. I hope I was a...

Flashing Label
Hi, I would like to make a label flash to remind the user to complete an action. I know that it’s annoying and that it isn’t good for epilepsy people. All of that aside I would like to have it flash when the on focus is on a text box then when its off focus the flashing stops. Can someone please help me accomplish this. Any help would be appreciative thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:20:34 GMT, Jesse via AccessMonster.com wrote: > Hi, > I would like to make a label flash to remind the user to complete an > ...

stop macro from flashing sheets
Good afternoon! I have a macro that refers to multiple sheets. As it goes along in the process, the sheets flash on the screen. This has caused some of the users discomfort. Is there a way to show only 1 sheet (user interface) or a blank screen or a progress bar or hourglass or something so the flashing will not occur. Thank you for any help. as usual, POST your code snippet for comments and suggestions. Probably you need to quit selecting and/or suppress screen updating. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "frendabrenda1" <frendabrenda1@discussions.micro...

Counting Cells
I wish to count the cells in one column using criteria in another column. The criteria is in Text form. Any help Please!!! :cool: -- markinblackuk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ markinblackuk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28360 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=479409 Hi Try =COUNTIF(A:A,"="&B1) Regards Roger Govier markinblackuk wrote: > I wish to count the cells in one column using criteria in another > column. The criteria is in Text ...

listing values to choose from based on value in another cell
What I am trying to do is list a drop down values based on the value selected in another cell. Possibly you could adapt this technique to your situation: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Debra Dalgleish's site. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MT" <MT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:911AADA8-201C-4586-8FAC-F9D1B9AF2062@microsoft.com... > What I am trying to do is list a drop down values based on the value selected > in another cell. ...

Possible to have a block of cells not affected by sorts or cursor movements, etc.
I don't know what to call what I'm trying to do so will try to briefly explain. All these years, I've placed 1 static results cells in the header row so that freeze panes would always show them. So, the descriptive cell and "total" dollar or figure amounts for the sheet would be located in 2 cells in this frozen header. Needless to say, this is not ideal. It works because I'm forced to keep stats down to just showing a global total so only 2 cells affected. I lose so much valuable sheet real estate as it is for the one totals formula since the rows below these 2 ...

how do i change the selected cells color
When i select cells in exel 2007 i don´t see the color it´s almost withe can it be changed ? Put the following macro in worksheet code: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 End Sub -- Gary''s Student gsnu200709 "Asofio" wrote: > When i select cells in exel 2007 i don´t see the color it´s almost withe can > it be changed ? ...

Excel
Hi Have problem with inserting cell address inside formula If we use formula wizard to make simple sum from cell A1 to A2, our formula on formula window looks like(independ of language version of course ;) ): =SUM(A1:A2) I want to put inside formula cell adresses, which are put as text on some other cells, for expl: cell B1=A1, (as text) cell B2=A2, (as text) now need to prepare function like: SUM(here_value_from_B1:here_value_from_B2) I tried on many ways but without success Any ideas? Greetings Kris Try =SUM(INDIRECT(B1&":"&B2)) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Mi...

Flash cards (Mail merge on 2 sided cards with multiple cards per s
I want to make a set of flash cards (3.5" x 2") with a term on one side and a definition on the back side. I have all the terms and definitions in a spreadsheet. I want to use sheets of tear apart business cards (10 cards per 8.5" x 11" sheet) Each sheet will create 10 flash cards with a unique term on one side and definition on the back side. I understand how to set up a mail merge but if I select “multiple COPIES per sheet” the front and back of the cards are printed properly (definition and the term match) but I get 10 copies of the same card per page. If I s...

copying text from alternate cells
Hi, I need to copy text from cells A2, A4, A6 and so on. Could someone please give a formula for this? Thanks, EL. -- excel_lent ------------------------------------------------------------------------ excel_lent's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31738 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532982 Where do you want to copy your data to? That might be done with formulas, not VBA. -- AP "excel_lent" <excel_lent.269kqn_1145034601.7054@excelforum-nospam.com> a �crit dans le message de news:excel_len...

Can I restore previous content before a save?
I "saved" an excel worksheet when I did not mean to.. I would like to restore the worksheet to its content before the save..is that possible? Open your backup copy. -- David Biddulph "cls1990" <cls1990@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:255B329C-29FD-4177-8B0B-3CD25C0325C2@microsoft.com... >I "saved" an excel worksheet when I did not mean to.. I would like to >restore > the worksheet to its content before the save..is that possible? Only if you have a backup somewhere. cls1990 wrote: > > I "saved&...

Trim Cells
How do I perform a trim function on a range of cells using VBA. Ultimately, I would like to select all cells in a column and perform the trim function. Try something like the following: Dim Rng As Range For Each Rng In Application.Intersect(ActiveCell.EntireColumn, _ ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlTextValues)).Cells Rng.Value = Application.Trim(Rng.Text) Next Rng -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "aftamath" <aftamath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:935FACC5-F531-4FB3-858B...

Macro to copy cells
I have this macro that inserts 26 rows when the value in B changes. (Works wonderfull) Now I want the macro to after 26 rows were inserted copy Range B2:K25 to the 2nd row in the range that were inserted. in other words find a value in B move 2 cells down and past B:K Hope I make sence. I am inserting a header for invoice lines. Sub Deilv() Dim LastRow As Long Dim row_index As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False LastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "b").End(xlUp).Row For row_index = LastRow - 1 To 26 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "B").Value <> _ Cells(row_i...

Clearing cells but also not clearing other dependent cells
I have cells that use code to enter data (running total in same cell) and other cells with formulas that use the data from the code cells. When I clear the cells both these types of cells they all "0" out. I want completely different cells to maintain some of these totals but because they clear the final total cells also go to "0" because there is no value in the cells that were cleared. I need to add to the clear contents macro so these other cells keep there totals after the others have cleared. Please help. Thanks There are two methods you should look i...

text boxes appear to be flashing on my form
Hi there, I am building a form which has multiple tabs on in. In these tabs are various sub-forms and text boxes for data gathering and reporting. One of my tabs is a summary tab where I have a bunch of text boxes that link to the different sub forms and gather the important pieces of information I need for the summary tab. These text boxes would have a control sources something like this: =Forms!MainForm!SubForm!txtSomeData I have about 50 text boxes on my summary tab now and I've noticed some interesting behaviours as the number of text boxes grows. I don't have any codi...

Cell Number Format
Hi, when i type for example this any number with more than 15 digits, the first 15 digits appear like i wrote it but the rest of them are changed by zeros. EX: i write this 123456789123456789 and the number that is kept is 123456789123456000 Does anyone experienced this and knows how to resolve it. Thanks, Ricardo As you can verify in XL Help ("Specifications"), XL is limited to 15 decimal digits of precision for numbers. If you're entering, say, a credit card number, which doesn't require any math to be performed on it, you can preformat the cell as Text or prefix ...

using a popup to make percenatges on selected cells
Hi I'm hoping someone can help with some code. I'm selecting a group of cells containing numbers. I want via a popup to change the selected numbers to the percentage entered in the popup. For example - I select my cells and run the macro. The popup asks for a number and I enter '50'. All the selected numbers then change to 50 percent of their previous value. It would apply equally to a selected whole column of numbers. Grateful for any help. Best Wishes hi Sub changenumber() Dim n As Double n = InputBox("enter a number") n = n / 100 ...

Mouse click on cell does not make cell active
Working in ExCel on new Macintosh iMac G5 computer, I suddenly lose capability to make cell active by clicking mouse on a cell. I can use arrow keys to move cell to cell to enter data but cannot make cell active for entry by moving mouse to it and clicking. Need solution. Hi Jerry, Sounds like you turned sheet protection on and don't like the results. Tools, protection, unprotect sheet if instead you see "protect sheet" then that is not the problem. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritch...

Modified Flash DLL available here (makes Flash 9 look like Flash 10)
Some websites now require that you have Flash version 10 instead of version 9. Flash 10 won't install on win-98 unless you have installed a third-party API helper like KernelEx. However, a simple modification done to the main Flash DLL (NPSWF32.dll) will make it appear that you have flash 10 when you really have flash 9. The modified file is available here: http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/19/2010382/NPSWF32.ZIP The password to unzip that file is "a" (no quotes). After you unzip it, rename it to NPSWF32.dll. Copy it over-top your existing file with the ...

Protecting cells and worksheet
I have a workbook comprised of two worksheets. Worksheet 2 is completel protected. No problem. However, worksheet 1 should have all of the dro down list boxes available to pick new selections, but I don't want th user's to be able to modify anything else on the sheet. I tried t unlock the drop down boxes then lock the entire sheet but that didn' work. Any hints ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Did you unlock the linked cell (or even move it to an...