Fix on Gray Bar above system tray

I have a computer in my classroom that has excel on it and everytime I type
a number, such as 30 it outputs .3.  The only thing I can find different
than the other computers in my classroom is that on the gray bar above the
system tray the word FIX shows up.  Normally I only have the NUM showing up
representing the num lock turned on.  How do I get rid of the FIX?  Is it a
ctrl + something shortcut.  I have search the help and checked options, but
I'm not having any luck.

Any help would surely be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray

0
rdunn (2)
4/19/2005 1:51:28 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Ray

Tools>Options>Edit.

Uncheck "fixed decimal places".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:51:28 -0400, "Ray" <rdunn@mrsd.org> wrote:

>I have a computer in my classroom that has excel on it and everytime I type
>a number, such as 30 it outputs .3.  The only thing I can find different
>than the other computers in my classroom is that on the gray bar above the
>system tray the word FIX shows up.  Normally I only have the NUM showing up
>representing the num lock turned on.  How do I get rid of the FIX?  Is it a
>ctrl + something shortcut.  I have search the help and checked options, but
>I'm not having any luck.
>
>Any help would surely be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Ray

0
Gord
4/19/2005 2:25:22 PM
SUUUUUPA!
Thanks for the help.  I knew it was there someplace.
Thanks again,
Ray

"Ray" <rdunn@mrsd.org> wrote in message
>I have a computer in my classroom that has excel on it and everytime I type
>a number, such as 30 it outputs .3.  The only thing I can find different
>than the other computers in my classroom is that on the gray bar above the
>system tray the word FIX shows up.  Normally I only have the NUM showing up
>representing the num lock turned on.  How do I get rid of the FIX?  Is it a
>ctrl + something shortcut.  I have search the help and checked options, but
>I'm not having any luck.
>
> Any help would surely be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Ray

0
rdunn (2)

Status Bar
How can I get the status bar to display html links, when in the Pane Preview window? I don't think you can. "ic95" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05f101c39a7e$eee30cc0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How can I get the status bar to display html links, when > in the Pane Preview window? Yet another frustrating way in which "Outlook" is inferior to its fre counterpart "Outlook Express". But surely there must be an alternative way to get this information? In OE, you hover over a link, and the target displays in the statu bar...

Reset System Folders on Exchange 2003
KB Article 822444 for W2003 and KB 275171 for W2000 Hi guys, If you guys have any idea or other workaround.. pls share here with me because I so damn )(*&^%#%^&*(*). OK let see... There are 2 formats of workaround - ADSIedit from 2000 CD or ADSIedit from 2003 CD to solve "Microsoft Exchange offline address book 0X8004010F" occurred for Outlook 2002. Meaning, you wont see the error if your clients are using Outlook 2000. I ran a lab; well I successfully demolished the error message using ADSIedit 2000 - Exchange 2000 in Win 2000 server. Later on, I upgraded Win 2000 AD to...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

How can I enable the message Bar option in the Hide/Show area?
I can't run queries because they are disabled by Disable Mode. But I can't enable the message bar to change it. In the Datatbase Tools tab, in the HIDE/Show group the Message Bar option is not selected and is greyed out. how do I enable the Message Bar so I can select it ...

system notification ?
I get the sound of a pop and checked to find its a system notification, it happens a few time each day and so far I can not find what its trying to notify me of ! Is there a way to find what its telling me ? "sixpack" <sixpack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D976396-CEDE-4629-8967-F8C6241FBEC0@microsoft.com... > I get the sound of a pop and checked to find its a system notification Repost here identifying what source identies a popping sound as a system notification. This seems non-standard. Most PCs signal system errors with a beep code at...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

How to customize IE8 title bar with XP?
What is the registry key to customize the IE8 title bar running XP? Microsoft KB article covers IE only up to 6. Thanks Scott Los Angeles Hi, That article is still correct. It's the same registry key and String Value in XP and Vista (and probably Windows 7.) ;-) 176497 - How to Change the Internet Explorer Window Title http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=176497 Hope this helps, Don [MS MVP- IE] "Scott" <Scott@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OPL$A27kKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > What is the registry key to customize the...

New Maglite brand 3 Watt Luxeon LED Flashlight 2 D Cell Gray Housing
Price:$26.98 Image: http:///image.php?id=B0012O79KW Best deal: http:///index.php?id=B0012O79KW New Maglite brand 3 Watt LED Flashlight, 2 D Cell, Gray Housing Maglite LED Upgrade module and 2 D cell Maglite flashlight Model No. ST2D096 These 2, 3, and 4 D Cell Maglite flashlights feature the newest MAG LED Upgrade Technology using 3 Watt Luxeon LEDs. The benefits include Intelligent Energy Source Management (patent pending) Extends battery life. Balanced Optics provide a focusing, 3 watt LED, optimized to produce a powerful projecting beam. The Maglite LED Upgrade Modules are also avail...

Fix
What does the word FIX mean on Excel 2000? It is in the lower right hand corner 3 boxes away from NUM, 4 boxes from CAPS. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It means you have turned on fixed decimals places under tools>options>edit, so if you have 2 fixed decimal places and enter 20 in a cell it will change into 0.2 Just uncheck it if you don't want it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "zacharias" <zacharias.vdc4c@excelforum-nospam.com&...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

Exchange System Manager Error!
I recently installed a new NIC in my DC which runs DNS, WINS, DHCP, GC etc. Now when I log into my Exchange 2003 server and open System manager and go to servers folder and click my exchange server I get the following error. "There is no such object on the server. Facility:Win32. ID no: c0072030" Can someone tell me how to correct this? Thanks, Hi Did you changed the IP address of the DNS server If you did, change the preferred DNS server IP address in the exchange server.. Regards, Shai Netanel "Bruce" wrote: > I recently installed a new NIC in my DC which runs...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

Negative NBV in Fixed asset module
Does anyone konw why negative NBV will be happened in the fixed asset module and how to avoid this happen ? example like the asset cost 10,000 but it total deprecation amount (fully deprecaited) is 15,000. thanks ...

Blue screen after system restore
Hi, Recently caught a google redirect virus on my Lenovo netbook. Couldnt get rid of it with any of the anti virus software I have so decided to run a system restore. Now it won't reboot, going through a continual loop of restarting itself. Managed to get the blue screen up and it tells me the following in the tech info bit: STOP: 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0x86319c21, 0xF7A5FC44, 0xF7A5F940) Anyone tell me what I can do next?? Thanks -- matt_09 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ matt_09's Profile: http://forums.techare...

Fixed Assets Quick Links
Does anyone know why I cannot customize the homepage with links to Fixed Asset windows? ...

hotmail fix
I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes that were on the intranet but to no avail. pbrown said the following on 11/11/2004 2:09 PM: > I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes > that were on the intranet but to no avail. Unless you are not a MSN Premium customer, you are no longer able to access Hotmail mailbox using Outlook. There are third-party utility that can allow you to retrieve Hotmail mails. -- Alex Yu http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/ This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way cl...

Newbie
Hmmm... This is a challenge to put into words, but here goes. I have to make a simple bar graph showing sales results from our ten clients. All I want for each client is a bar with what we budgeted their sales would be for the year, and...one bar next to that one that actually shows two values - sales year-to-date and then ON TOP of that sales expected by year end. So, for example...if client "Alpha" has a sales budget of $100,000 we'd see a bar showing $100K, and if their sales year-to-date is $80,000 and we expect $30,000 more in sales the bar next to the "budget&...

Need help with using a bar graph in a report
I have a report that separates information about representatives by manager. I need the graphs to give a quick summary on a few stats from each rep but only show for that manager's team and not all information. For example: Manager A has RepA, RepB, and RepC under him. Each rep has Aux1, Aux2, Aux3 information which needs to be displayed. My goal is to show Manager A with his Reps A,B, and C of their Aux1, 2, and 3. Then, under the next manager Header I want Manager B to show Rep D, E, and F with their Aux1, 2, and 3 information. Etc thru Manager G. Please help... Th...

Duration fixed and Work fixed
Hello, I need to do one taks with "duration fixed AND Work Fied" is this possible ? I need that dont move duration and work but units be variable.. I cant. Sorry my english and thanks in advance, Christian W Christian W -- No, you CANNOT fix both Duration and Work. Sorry. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the books on Project Server" "Christian W" <ChristianW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C03...

Fixed Asset addition cost in Financial
Hi, I create new asset from Cards general and attach the book & Accounts. after this i run gl posting to refelect the cost in gl. but its in not doing. Regards asad Asad, Drill down on the asset cost amount in the book window. Check the period for which the cost was added. Make sure you specify that period when you run the interface to the gl. "Asad" <Asad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5036E88C-012D-4BD6-9301-67F8A7B7FCFE@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I create new asset from Cards general and attach the book & Accounts. after > th...

BU and Role updates impacting system availability
I am having the same issue as the one below. The udpate is on a second day. Is there anyway to halt the updates and run them on the weekend when users aren't hitting the system? Is there anyway to speed up the updates overnight? Thanks Scott ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Yeah, I have a client with over 300k Accounts & Contacts and simple role changes take 8+ hours to propogate. When you create a BU, you're actually creating a bunch of roles along with it and I suspect it isn't smart enough to try to combine the updates...

Fixed width
When using Text-To-Columns, Excel "recognizes" that the data fits the Fixed Width criteria and PRE-assigns the width. In most of the cases I work with Excel is wrong 99% of the time. Is there a way to force Excel to NOT pre-assign the width (leave everything blank)? The data I would like to parse is in the following format: INTEGER HEXADECIMAL_NUMBER DATE TIME TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT The first 4 fields are fixed width and the subsequent fields are different length but comma delimited (with space after the coma). I n...

Formatting tool bar "grays out'
Hello; I'm a first time poster.I'm running outlook 2002 and a experiencing the formatting toolbar 'graying out' as soon as I selec 'new' to start a new message. Have tried reseting toolbar to no avail Any help is appreciated. tk ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com Check to see what FORMAT you have set for your mail. Open the TOOLS menu Select OPTIONS... Select the MAIL FORMAT tab If you are set for PLAIN TEXT you will not have a...