Finding an event

Hello,
I am developing an app that uses a single worksheet to enter data. When user double clicks a button, a new window (in same workbook)
opens with a new sheet. My problem is that excel does not seem to have any events for close of window if there are multiple windows
in a workbook.
Can someone help

Peter

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Peter,

That triggers the Workbook_WindowActivate event, you can use that.

HTH

Bob

"Peter Ostermann"  wrote in message

Hello,
I am developing an app that uses a single worksheet to enter data. When user
double clicks a button, a new window (in same workbook)
opens with a new sheet. My problem is that excel does not seem to have any
events for close of window if there are multiple windows
in a workbook.
Can someone help

Peter

Find Duplicate names and delate

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Menu item changed event
I am using TrackPopupMenu() to display a popup menu and allow a user to make a selection. I would like to have an event occur (have a method called) each time the selected item in the menu changes. In other words, as the user moves the mouse up and down the menu, as a menu item becomes selected (not clicked, simply highlighted), I would like an opportunity to take an action (such as display information regarding what will occur if the user selects that menu option). Thanks >I am using TrackPopupMenu() to display a popup menu and allow a user to make >a selection. I would li...

Capturing tab events in ActiveX controls
Hi, I have an activex control written in MFC that uses the Document / View architecture. I am having problems capturing the tab event properly. The control is embedded in an HTML page and viewed using IE 6. Here's the detail of the issue: I have overriden the COleControl::PreTranslateMessage method and have changed it to post tab messages to the currently active view. Here's a snapshot of the code that I am using for this purpose: switch (pMsg->message) { case WM_KEYDOWN: case WM_KEYUP: switch (pMsg->wParam) { case VK_TAB: CV...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Finding an event

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

Access2000: An error when any event does exist
Hi I started with a new project after some days not using acces, and something very weird happened. I got an error: "The expression On Open you entered as the Event Property setting produced the following error: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control" At start I suspected that some control on form was cause (an unbound form), but I deleted all controls from form, and the error message pops up whenever I create any event which fires when form is opened (OnOpen, OnCurrent, etc.) (My OS is WindowsXP, antivirus is F-Secu...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

finding latest hotfix
how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 2007, Sharepoint server 2007 and SQL serve 2005? For Service Pack we can search using bing or google and find. But not for hotfix. How do I find? Thank you Hello all the latest updates are documented here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587.aspx -- Christophe Fiessinger Microsoft http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie "sgOrchid" <sgOrchid@@newsgroup.nospam.com> wrote in message news:3B51FE4E-ADD6-415D-9771-CCD32A65DF11@microsoft.com... > how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 200...

Can "Totals" be displayed in Advance Find results?
This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I can't find any reference to is here. Can total search results be displayed in the search results pane? The only reference to a solution for this is by a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution. They have a screen grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg. Anyone know how I can make the customization myself? Thanks! Andy. Dear Andy, There are few options. 1. Writing Reports and show total 2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that va...

find formula and return value
Hi i am using the following formula to find text in a cell =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super",B96)),"OK", "Not OK") and return a value. i have adapted the formula for another spreadsheet and simply added more values to check, i.e. =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super""Account""Business:,B96)),"OK", "Not OK") but it doesnt seem to work. where i can see the value in the cell it is not returning ok instead of not ok. is there a limit to the number of values i can search and if so why doesnt it say as an error? what am i missing? Thanks v...

find smallest positive number among datas
How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel? Try =MIN(data_rng) -- HTH Bob "Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8616B833-5582-4FCE-A23C-5F10D577AF63@microsoft.com... > How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel? =MIN(IF(A1:A6>0,A1:A6)) as an array formula (Control Shift Enter) Adjust your range to suit. -- David Biddulph "Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8616B833-5582-4FCE-A23C-5F10D577AF63@microsoft.com... > H...

"FIND" bar is broken / missing
In IE8, when I click CTRL-F for the "Find on this page" bar, a BLANK bar appears but no controls on it. I uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled it, but it made no difference. Any ideas? I used to use this feature a lot, so this is pretty frustrating. I would appreciate anything you can tell me. Thank you. RecoverfileinRecycleBinwhileinDOS@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > In IE8, when I click CTRL-F for the "Find on this page" bar, a BLANK bar > appears but no controls on it. I uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled it, but it > made no difference. Any id...

Finding an item in a listview
There has to be a way to find a specific item in a specific column in a listview. I have a list view of people and then I allow the user to pop up a dialog box that allows them to enter search text into a field and it finds all the records that qualify and displays them in a listctrl inside the dialog box and then I want them to be able to click on the record they want and go to that record in the main list view. Yes. Using GetItemText, you can examine the contents of any listview item. Simply iterate through the items and compare each one. In article <OOW30AriDHA.560@tk2msftngp13.p...