find specific titles in a table

Hi,
I am looking for a certain text in a particular spread sheet,what
function/code can I use and how can I store the position
Thanks
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

why not give us a little more detail:  is the text going to appear more than
once.  Are you searching for a particular item of text or will there be many
items.  Do you want its position in R1C1 notation, as an offset from a
specific location, in A1 style and with its value.  And is the text imbedded
in a longer string?

suppose the range is B1:G100 and you are looking for the word Apple by
itself in one single cell, then you can use the following array formula:

=ADDRESS(MAX((B1:G100="Apple")*ROW(B1:G100)),MAX((B1:G100="Apple")*COLUMN(B1:G100)))

Array - to enter it you press Shift+Ctrl+Enter, not Enter

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"layla" wrote:

> Hi,
> I am looking for a certain text in a particular spread sheet,what
> function/code can I use and how can I store the position
> Thanks

Thank you Shane,for your reply,however your code doesnot run.I am
trying to find the bug but since  i am very new to VBA ,I have trouble
to undrestand things that  that you put inside the brackets

Thanks!
Shane's posting was a cell formula.........not VBA

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 08:44:36 -0700 (PDT), layla <princess.layla2@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Thank you Shane,for your reply,however your code doesnot run.I am
>trying to find the bug but since  i am very new to VBA ,I have trouble
>to undrestand things that  that you put inside the brackets
>
>Thanks!

0
Gord

Find Duplicate names and delate

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Replacing data in Pivot Table causes Field name change
Good morning, I have a pivot table report that uses about 1200 rows of data on a neighboring page. Today I produced new monthly data and pasted it on top of the old data. When I do this the report's left most column field names all change from FieldName to FieldName2. When I look in the drop down box for that field it seems to have duplicated the fields when I pasted the new data. I'm able to work around it by changing the displayed lables from FieldName2 to FieldName"space""space". I can't change to just FieldName because that is already in use. M...

query a table and subform
Help, I have 3 tables 1. Printer table: printerID, ModelID, SerialNum, MACAdd 2. Toner table: TonerID, ModelID, PartName 3. Invoice table: InvoiceID, Date, Qty, PrinterID, TonerID How can I pull up toners based on the printerID in Invoice table? I set the TonerID as a combo box, Could anyone help me with the query that i need. The inovoice table actual is a subform under printer in the Form. so when I choose the printer from the main form the subform printerID changes accordingly, I just don't know how to generate a list of toner for user to choose based on the printer or m...

Find (but not find)

Finding an event

Linking tables together
I have set up five tables in my database but now I want to merge the tables into one table. How do I do that? If all the tables have identical structures, you can use a union query. Select * from tbl1 Union Select * from tbl2 Union Select * from tbl3 ..... "Maggie" <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote in message news:266ff9f6-f9b8-4f77-88ea-358518bfc936@q77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have set up five tables in my database but now I want to merge the > tables into one table. How do I do that? You are best not to. The information in the tables will refer to a sp...

Table Row Height and Column Width
Is there a way to exactly set the row height and column width in Publisher 2003? For instance, I want all the rows to be .25 inches high or 16 points high -- can I set this? No... You could create ruler guides. Right-click a ruler guide, click format ruler guides. You then can adjust your table rows by snapping to the guides. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Lori T" <Lori T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2631297F-839A-4699-B4F6-45601B771E1A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to exactly set the row height and column width in Publisher > 2003...

League table #3
I'm trying to put a football league table together, which i'd like to include: the team, matches played, won, drawn, lossed, goals for, goals against, goal difference and points. i've pretty much done most of it but my main two problems are when there's no score entered for each match it enters in the table as a draw and my other issue is once a score is entered i can't get the teams to move up and down the league automatically. is there a way to lock the formulas for each team when they move up and down Please help my email is Regard S Hi S, A couple of general observ...

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

Trying to collapse a table, what Function should I use?
I have a table of data (numbers) which is 70 rows by 21 columns, which I would like to summarize into a 5 x 3 table. So every 14 rows by 7 columns sums into a single cell on another worksheet. My original table would be like 1 2 3 ... 20 21 1 2 .... 69 70 and my summary table would be 01-07 08-14 15-21 01-14 A B C 15-28 D E F 29-42 G H I 43-56 J K L 57-70 M N O where A = sum of all numbers in the intersection of rows 1-14 and columns 1-7 where O = sum of all numbers...

Permitting relaying to specific domain
Platform: Windows 2003, Exchange 2000 sp2. I'm working with two e-mail domains in my exchange server, with the primary e-mail address @yyyy.com, I can send/recieve e-mail using pop3, but I'm not able to do the same with the second e-mail address @xxxx.com, with this address I just can recieve e-mail, but when I try to send I recieve the relay error 550. Any help will be appreciated. Thank You. Create connector for that domain and in Address Space tab set "Allow messages to be relayed to this domains". javier wrote: > Platform: > > Windows 2003, Exchang...

How do I find the out of office reply?

how do I remove titles of workbooks in excel?
I have created several workbooks in Excel that I no longer want to use I have removed all the content but how do I remove the title? -- Bendgee If you want to delete the file, just delete with windows or use KILL in a macro. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Bendgee" <Bendgee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:599A5091-D7A6-4723-8C2D-0FE20C8AFF81@microsoft.com... >I have created several workbooks in Excel that I no longer want to use I >have > removed all the content but how do I remove the title? > -- > Bendgee ...

Dynamics 7.0 tables in SQL server 2000
I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when using 7.0. Is there a reference that I can go to in Customersource that tells me this information? Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer There is an online reference: Tools >> Resource Descriptions >> Tables. Also there is a SDK avaailable on the Great Plains CD's. "Dave Christman" wrote: > I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names > starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when...

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...