find & replace value a cell

Hi
I found a helpful code from Mr.Thomlinson about find last item (Q1 in row 5)
 ___A___B____C___
1|Q1     aaa    ZZ
2|Q1     bbb    ZZ
3|Q1     ccc     BB
4|Q1     ddd    HH
5|Q1     eee    GG
6|Q2      fff      ZZ
7|Q2     ggg    MM
the code is:
Public Sub FindLast()
    Dim rngFound As Range
    Dim rngToSearch As Range
        Set rngToSearch = Range("A2", Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))
    Set rngFound = rngToSearch.Find(What:="Q1", _
                                    LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
                                    LookAt:=xlWhole, _
                                    SearchDirection:=xlPrevious)
    If rngFound Is Nothing Then
        MsgBox "Sorry... Not Found"
    Else
        MsgBox "Found on row " & rngFound.Row
    End If
  End Sub
is it possible, I change "GG"  in column C with "OK" in  this code?
instead of MsgBox "Found on row " & rngFound.Row
any help appreciated
Bijan
0
bijan (31)
11/13/2008 1:36:04 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How about

cells(rngfound.row,"c")="OK"

Since your q1 is sorted you could also use

Sub findlastq1()
fr = WorksheetFunction.Match("q1", Columns("a"), 1)
  'MsgBox fr
cells(fr,3)="OK"
End Sub
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"bijan" <bijan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I found a helpful code from Mr.Thomlinson about find last item (Q1 in row
> 5)
> ___A___B____C___
> 1|Q1     aaa    ZZ
> 2|Q1     bbb    ZZ
> 3|Q1     ccc     BB
> 4|Q1     ddd    HH
> 5|Q1     eee    GG
> 6|Q2      fff      ZZ
> 7|Q2     ggg    MM
> the code is:
> Public Sub FindLast()
>    Dim rngFound As Range
>    Dim rngToSearch As Range
>        Set rngToSearch = Range("A2", Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))
>    Set rngFound = rngToSearch.Find(What:="Q1", _
>                                    LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
>                                    LookAt:=xlWhole, _
>                                    SearchDirection:=xlPrevious)
>    If rngFound Is Nothing Then
>        MsgBox "Sorry... Not Found"
>    Else
>        MsgBox "Found on row " & rngFound.Row
>    End If
>  End Sub
> is it possible, I change "GG"  in column C with "OK" in  this code?
> instead of MsgBox "Found on row " & rngFound.Row
> any help appreciated
> Bijan

0
dguillett1 (2487)
11/13/2008 1:55:11 PM
Thanks a lot, It works greate
but, if Q1 isn't sorted is there any way to done it
Many Regards
Bijan

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> How about
>
> cells(rngfound.row,"c")="OK"
>
> Since your q1 is sorted you could also use
>
> Sub findlastq1()
> fr = WorksheetFunction.Match("q1", Columns("a"), 1)
>   'MsgBox fr
> cells(fr,3)="OK"
> End Sub
> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "bijan" <bijan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I found a helpful code from Mr.Thomlinson about find last item (Q1 in row
> > 5)
> > ___A___B____C___
> > 1|Q1     aaa    ZZ
> > 2|Q1     bbb    ZZ
> > 3|Q1     ccc     BB
> > 4|Q1     ddd    HH
> > 5|Q1     eee    GG
> > 6|Q2      fff      ZZ
> > 7|Q2     ggg    MM
> > the code is:
> > Public Sub FindLast()
> >    Dim rngFound As Range
> >    Dim rngToSearch As Range
> >        Set rngToSearch = Range("A2", Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))
> >    Set rngFound = rngToSearch.Find(What:="Q1", _
> >                                    LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
> >                                    LookAt:=xlWhole, _
> >                                    SearchDirection:=xlPrevious)
> >    If rngFound Is Nothing Then
> >        MsgBox "Sorry... Not Found"
> >    Else
> >        MsgBox "Found on row " & rngFound.Row
> >    End If
> >  End Sub
> > is it possible, I change "GG"  in column C with "OK" in  this code?
> > instead of MsgBox "Found on row " & rngFound.Row
> > any help appreciated
> > Bijan

0
bijan (31)
11/13/2008 2:14:07 PM

See the first part of my ans which modified the existing code
--
> Thanks a lot, It works greate
> but, if Q1 isn't sorted is there any way to done it
> Many Regards
> Bijan
>
> "Don Guillett" wrote:
>
>> How about
>>
>> cells(rngfound.row,"c")="OK"
>>
>> Since your q1 is sorted you could also use
>>
>> Sub findlastq1()
>> fr = WorksheetFunction.Match("q1", Columns("a"), 1)
>>   'MsgBox fr
>> cells(fr,3)="OK"
>> End Sub
>> --
>> Don Guillett
>> Microsoft MVP Excel
>> SalesAid Software
>> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>> "bijan" <bijan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> > I found a helpful code from Mr.Thomlinson about find last item (Q1 in
>> > row
>> > 5)
>> > ___A___B____C___
>> > 1|Q1     aaa    ZZ
>> > 2|Q1     bbb    ZZ
>> > 3|Q1     ccc     BB
>> > 4|Q1     ddd    HH
>> > 5|Q1     eee    GG
>> > 6|Q2      fff      ZZ
>> > 7|Q2     ggg    MM
>> > the code is:
>> > Public Sub FindLast()
>> >    Dim rngFound As Range
>> >    Dim rngToSearch As Range
>> >        Set rngToSearch = Range("A2", Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))
>> >    Set rngFound = rngToSearch.Find(What:="Q1", _
>> >                                    LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
>> >                                    LookAt:=xlWhole, _
>> >                                    SearchDirection:=xlPrevious)
>> >    If rngFound Is Nothing Then
>> >        MsgBox "Sorry... Not Found"
>> >    Else
>> >        MsgBox "Found on row " & rngFound.Row
>> >    End If
>> >  End Sub
>> > is it possible, I change "GG"  in column C with "OK" in  this code?
>> > instead of MsgBox "Found on row " & rngFound.Row
>> > any help appreciated
>> > Bijan

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Find Duplicate names and delate

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

vlookup on cell below
Is it possible to do a VLOOKUP but instead of returning the value in row that contains the lookup, it returns the value in the row below? eg a b 1 no x 2 yes y 3 ok z =VLOOKUP("yes",A1:B3,2,FALSE) would return "z" instead of "y". Th only way I can think of is to add a row header at the top and use the MATCH function in column A to find the row position of "yes", then use that in an HLOOKUP in column B. I was hoping there was a simpler way. Not VLOOKUP, but INDEX & MATCH =INDEX(B1:B3,MATCH("yes",A1:A3,0)) -...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Let's pick a replacement for this (Access) newsgroup 2
There were two big threads on the original 6/1/10 post in the General Questions and New User sections. The gist of the original post was: Folks have recommended various sites to replace this (Access) newsgroup for when poor-listener Microsoft drops it. Why don't we pick a replacement to give it the "critical mass" to fully replace this one? If interested, please respond to this with your recommendation. Also, if you feel like it, in case this goes dead, send me an email with your email address at North9000 at gmail dot com and I'll try to collect / send out...

Find (but not find)

Replacing data in Pivot Table causes Field name change
Good morning, I have a pivot table report that uses about 1200 rows of data on a neighboring page. Today I produced new monthly data and pasted it on top of the old data. When I do this the report's left most column field names all change from FieldName to FieldName2. When I look in the drop down box for that field it seems to have duplicated the fields when I pasted the new data. I'm able to work around it by changing the displayed lables from FieldName2 to FieldName"space""space". I can't change to just FieldName because that is already in use. M...

is there a comand to return the mane of a worksheet inside a cell
Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi Fabian Try this, =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("[",CELL("filename"))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename"))-FIND("[",CELL("filename"))-1) This one will give you the full path: =CELL("filename") HTH John "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:140C847D-2C3A-49F6-9C60-9515B426AD5E@microsoft.com... > Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi, =MID(CELL("filename...

Finding an event

Microsoft Money 2004
I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004. Can somebody please explain why I just paid AUD$80 for THE SAME SOFTWARE? Very, very disapointed. What information did you rely on to set your value expectation level that M04 was way different, indeed AUD$80 better, than M02? That might help explain it better than we can. "Paul Ward" <pbward@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:04b401c35bb8$b9fea7d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004. Can > somebody please explain why I just paid AUD$80 for THE > SAME SOFTWARE? > > Very, very disa...

Simple division is not returning actual value
Hi, I know I'm making a mistake somewhere, just not sure where. I'm dividing 67/14 and want to get the result as 4.78 -- I'd be OK with 4.79 which is the result I'd get if the last digit was rounded up. When I do SELECT CAST((67/14) AS DECIMAL(3,2)) I'm getting 4.00. What am I doing wrong? -- Thanks, Sam This is because of integer division. Try this: SELECT 67/CAST(14 AS DECIMAL(5,2)) AS a, 67/14.0 AS b, 1.0 * 67/14 AS c, CAST(1.0 * 67/14 AS DECIMAL(3, 2)) AS d, ROUND(1.0 * 67/14, 2, 1) AS e; /* a b...

cannot find database

Subform comparison of 2 tables excluding non zero value
I am creating a subform (at least that is what I am assuming would be best choice)(Access 2003/NT) in which the user will type in a Melt# (contained in the tblChemicalResults). I need to create a side by side comparison of the chemical requirements from the tblChemicalRequirements to the actual results contained in the tblChemicalResults, but I need it to exclude any non zero values from both tables. Each table contains all of the possible 14 different metal elements that could possibly go into making a particular part. Obviously, not all 14 go into every part, so how do I display only ...

Linking contents of multiple cells to an external object
Hope I'm posting to the right forum. If not could someone please tell me where the appropriate place is. I've coded in Excel a register for a small college that allows the user to enter whether a student attended a particular subject. Each worksheet shows the whole class for a month, with students as rows & dates as columns & the subject appears in the cell. Totals appear on a seperate sheet. Where a student is absent there are a few alternative codes & on a seperate line room for a short comment. What is required is to automatically pull out the abscences on a separa...

WinFax replacement
I wrote an Access app years ago for a client and it uses WinFax pro to send out invoices. They need to upgrade but WinFax is gone thanks to the wisdom (LOL) of Symantec. Does anyone know of a good replacement that can be referenced from vba and will allow us to send out Access reports? Thanks, Keith I'm moving this to the microsoft.public.access newsgroup. There's not enough activity here for this to get any attention. If you see this here and have an answer, please answer it there. Thanks. "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in messag...

Can I place visible text in cell that won't print
Is it possible for me to place text in some cells where I can see the text but that will not print when my sheet is printed. I am aware of the comment feature that becomes visible when the mouse hovers over the small red symbol. I would like to be able to see what is in the cell without having to hover the mouse over each cell to see a comment. Is this possible? Thank you for any direction here. Jerry There are a few possible solutions. One is to use the comment as you noted, but you can have them always display even without the mouse hovering over it by using Tools/Options/View and se...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

Requesting Help Ranking Sales Values.....
I have a field in a table named "Ext B/O" that lists the extended Backorder Value for parts sold. There may be duplicate values and they should show the same rankings. I would like to rank these totals from highest to lowest dollar value. I have tried the following query coding but I only get a count of the total number of records in the query for each record (49435) and NOT the individual ranking of the value. Rank: (Select Count(*) from [tbl_WorkingData] Where [Ext B/O] >= 0)+1 Can ANYONE please tell me what I am doing wrong and how to correct it? Th...

unique value
Hi, I need to add a custom field, but I need this field to be unique (something similar to a primary key) bud I do not know how to do that. Thanks a lot. An example might be a Case number. You would add the field then add code to add one to the largest value found in the database. This will require code to implement ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "arielqs" <arielqs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10AA3E00-686E-4B58-B8C4-52B83CB1E538@microsoft.com... > Hi, I need to add a custom field, bu...

How do I find the out of office reply?

ignoring text data in a cell when summing values in the same cell
I have entered text in cells along with a numerical value as a note pertainig to the values example, "2 - exist". Is there a way to tell Excell to ignore the text data in order to sum the values..do you place the text in brackets or parathesis or something similar? -- FM Much, much easier never to mix text & numbers in the same cell in the 1st place. One avenue here, try use Data>Text to Columns to split the numbers separate from the text, then you can sum (or whatever) the numbers col directly. Or, assuming your data is representative (ie numbers are to the...