Find/Replace Date Question

Using Excel 2003.

Problem replacing a series of dates having a date format of dd/mm/yy. I want
to replace all dates ending with /05 with /06. I enter in the Find box /05
and in the Replace box /06

Error is "Microsoft Office cannot find a match"

I never had this problem with earlier versions of Excel.

TIA

Jim

0
jrwolfe (18)
12/31/2005 10:11:20 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If those are real dates, try replacing 2005 with 2006.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Is the date like: 1/1/05
or (more likely)
is it like 1/1/2005

If the latter, then find /2005 and replace it with /2006

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Jim" wrote:

> Using Excel 2003.
>
> Problem replacing a series of dates having a date format of dd/mm/yy. I want
> to replace all dates ending with /05 with /06. I enter in the Find box /05
> and in the Replace box /06
>
> Error is "Microsoft Office cannot find a match"
>
> I never had this problem with earlier versions of Excel.
>
> TIA
>
> Jim

Great, thanks to all. The format was 1/1/2005 and not what I thought.

Jim

"Ron Coderre" <ronSKIPTHIScoderre@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Check the cell contents of one of the cells (in the formula bar)....
>
> Is the date like: 1/1/05
> or (more likely)
> is it like 1/1/2005
>
> If the latter, then find /2005 and replace it with /2006
>
> Does that help?
>
> ***********
> Regards,
> Ron
>
> XL2002, WinXP-Pro
>

> "Jim" wrote:
>
>> Using Excel 2003.
>>
>> Problem replacing a series of dates having a date format of dd/mm/yy. I
>> want
>> to replace all dates ending with /05 with /06. I enter in the Find box
>> /05
>> and in the Replace box /06
>>
>> Error is "Microsoft Office cannot find a match"
>>
>> I never had this problem with earlier versions of Excel.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Jim

0
jrwolfe (18)

Find Duplicate names and delate

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Basic concatenate question
I have 3 columns of over 900 rows of numbers. I need to combine each rows numbers with comma separated. Example 123 456 789 needs to be 123,456,789 I tried =A1&B1&C1 but this will not give me a comma separated number. Thank you for any help you can give. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- Hi try =A1 & "," & B1 & "," & C1 Frank JG wrote: > I have 3 columns of over 900 rows of n...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Outlook Synchronization Questions
Forgive the low-level question here, but... Can someone give me a rundown on: 1. What synchronizes between Outlook and CRM 2. The purpose and process for going offline 3. What do BlackBerry users do? This information would really be helpful to me and thank you in advance. Ronnie Parisella rparisella@primarysupport.com What will sync between outlook and CRM is any data in CRM you have access to. For instance if you can only see data in your own business unit then that is all the data you will get. In outlook you click the go offline button and the first time you do it a lot of data wi...

Let's pick a replacement for this (Access) newsgroup 2
There were two big threads on the original 6/1/10 post in the General Questions and New User sections. The gist of the original post was: Folks have recommended various sites to replace this (Access) newsgroup for when poor-listener Microsoft drops it. Why don't we pick a replacement to give it the "critical mass" to fully replace this one? If interested, please respond to this with your recommendation. Also, if you feel like it, in case this goes dead, send me an email with your email address at North9000 at gmail dot com and I'll try to collect / send out...

Find (but not find)

Replacing data in Pivot Table causes Field name change
Good morning, I have a pivot table report that uses about 1200 rows of data on a neighboring page. Today I produced new monthly data and pasted it on top of the old data. When I do this the report's left most column field names all change from FieldName to FieldName2. When I look in the drop down box for that field it seems to have duplicated the fields when I pasted the new data. I'm able to work around it by changing the displayed lables from FieldName2 to FieldName"space""space". I can't change to just FieldName because that is already in use. M...

Query in date range
Hello. Thanks for helping. I would like to create a query that will sum up expenses for various categories within a date range. I have created the query that sums the amounts, but I want it to use a high end of "Date()" or "Today()" and a low end date range that is the first day of the current month. Any idea if this can be done? Thanks, On Oct 31, 6:05 pm, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Use This -- > Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 AND Date() > > Remember that Date() is as of midnight and will not return a record as...

Finding an event

"Folder Visible" Question (Exchange 2000)
Is there a way to set mailbox permissions from the exchange server (like editor, publisher etc...) specifically I am looking to set the "folder visible" option. I am trying to avoid going to every user in the company and doing this, so I am hoping I can do it while sitting at the exchange server. ...

Email in Outbox has Sent = NONE, No dates assigned, email not getting sent!!
Hi, I have a really wierd problem in that every email I try to send gets sent to the Outbox which is fine but it NEVER gets a Date assigned to it under the SENT column. It just says NONE?? With no date being assigned to it the emails never get sent out!! I have tried uninstalling and re- installing Outlook and it did not fix it. Thanks, Frank Outlook version? Do you have any addins installed? Open one of the messages, go to the Options dialog and make sure that the folder where the message will be saved after being sent is a valid folder. Then switch from the Outlbox to any othe...

cannot find database

WinFax replacement
I wrote an Access app years ago for a client and it uses WinFax pro to send out invoices. They need to upgrade but WinFax is gone thanks to the wisdom (LOL) of Symantec. Does anyone know of a good replacement that can be referenced from vba and will allow us to send out Access reports? Thanks, Keith I'm moving this to the microsoft.public.access newsgroup. There's not enough activity here for this to get any attention. If you see this here and have an answer, please answer it there. Thanks. "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in messag...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

Calculating Age of person on admission date
In cell A1 I have the admission date to a longterm care home- eg. 05/30/2001. In cell B1 I have the birth date - eg. 02/23/1924. Can some guru give me a calculation to put in cell C1 that will give me the age (in years) of the individual when they entered as a resident?? Many thanks in advance, Alan How exact do you need this? If you subtract birthdate from admission date you'll get an integer number of days between the two dates. If you don't need micrometer precision you could divide resulting days by 365, and derive a number of years. This method doesn't account for leap ...

OWA Permissions Question with A.D.
Hi everyone Here is my dilemma. Last year we added a group to our AD to block the "Department" field in our A.D. As long as users are in this group they can not read the "Department" field. Even when using outlook, the "Department field is there, but the content is blank due to the permissions. Recently we discovered the using the OWA for exchange 2003 we could read the contents of the "Department" Field. I know that OWA/Exchange pulls data from the A.D> but i can not figure out why OWA bypasses this permission. Does anyone know what why OWA is bypa...

Printing Question
Hi Everyone, I have never been very good at printing or all the bells and whisles of the Device Context. I am generating a report screen that want to print at some point. Say I want to have two columns of text on the paper. I call CDC::GetDeviceCaps(HORZRES) to get the width of the page and divide it by 2 to get the middle of the page. Well that all works fine when I am printing the data, but how do I tell the screen DC that I want you to look like the piece of paper (whatever it's size might be, 8.5x11 landscape or portrate, Legal, A4...) AliR. Hi AliR, >Well that all works fi...

How do I find the out of office reply?

Multiple date parameters
I have three queries: MonthlyAll, MonthlyShows, and MonthlySpots. My main form is built off of MonthlyAll. It's main purpose is to provide a list of cities in a single form view, so that I can scroll through the cities and view the corresponding data. The main form contains two subforms: MonthlyShows and MonthlySpots. The subforms are linked to the main form by city and display the respective shows and spots by date. My question seems simple enough: Upon opening the form, I would like to type in a single date range ("Between [] And []"); and view only those shows and ...

Insert Signature using keyboard question
Hi Using 2007 When creating an e-mail, is it possible to insert a signature using keyboard strokes? -- Martin ���� Try Alt+N, G. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net" wrote: > Hi > Using 2007 > When creating an e-mail, is it possible to insert a signature using > keyboard strokes? > -- > Martin > ©¿©¬ > On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 05:39:01 -0700, Sue Mos...