Find Function #2

hello to all

I have the following:

AGUA LUN I 101 ANTOFAGASTA 1568 JOSE CODOCEO
ALBERT 155 MEJILLONES 18420 JUAN ZEPEDA
ALCATRAZ 81 MEJILLONES 1310 VICTOR ESCOBAR
ALDEA II 364 MEJILLONES 900066 RAMON GARCIA
ANFIBIO 383 MEJILLONES 901225 JOSE CORTES
ANWAR 210 TOCOPILLA 18363 PEDRO ANTIQUERA
AOD 972 ANTOFAGASTA 25698 JUAN COZ
APOCALIPSIS 215 TALTAL 1057 JUAN TORRES
AQUA MAN II 1261 ANTOFAGASTA 914428 JORGE FLORES

I need find the first position numeric.

I use the following funcion
HALLAR({"1"\"2"\"3"\"4"\"5"\"6"\"7"\"8"\"9"\"0"};A12)

but in some cases the result is that I surrender mistake.

help

thx in adv.
0
mariolos (2)
4/23/2008 4:44:36 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try this:

=MIN(FIND({0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},A1&"0123456789"))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

<mariolos@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hello to all
>
> I have the following:
>
> AGUA LUN I 101 ANTOFAGASTA 1568 JOSE CODOCEO
> ALBERT 155 MEJILLONES 18420 JUAN ZEPEDA
> ALCATRAZ 81 MEJILLONES 1310 VICTOR ESCOBAR
> ALDEA II 364 MEJILLONES 900066 RAMON GARCIA
> ANFIBIO 383 MEJILLONES 901225 JOSE CORTES
> ANWAR 210 TOCOPILLA 18363 PEDRO ANTIQUERA
> AOD 972 ANTOFAGASTA 25698 JUAN COZ
> APOCALIPSIS 215 TALTAL 1057 JUAN TORRES
> AQUA MAN II 1261 ANTOFAGASTA 914428 JORGE FLORES
>
> I need find the first position numeric.
>
> I use the following funcion
> HALLAR({"1"\"2"\"3"\"4"\"5"\"6"\"7"\"8"\"9"\"0"};A12)
>

> but in some cases the result is that I surrender mistake.
>
> help
>
> thx in adv.

0
biffinpitt (3172)
4/23/2008 5:29:26 PM
On 23 abr, 13:29, "T. Valko" <biffinp...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Try this:
>
> =MIN(FIND({0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},A1&"0123456789"))
>
> --
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP
>
> <mario...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > hello to all
>
> > I have the following:
>
> > AGUA LUN I 101 ANTOFAGASTA 1568 JOSE CODOCEO
> > ALBERT 155 MEJILLONES 18420 JUAN ZEPEDA
> > ALCATRAZ 81 MEJILLONES 1310 VICTOR ESCOBAR
> > ALDEA II 364 MEJILLONES 900066 RAMON GARCIA
> > ANFIBIO 383 MEJILLONES 901225 JOSE CORTES
> > ANWAR 210 TOCOPILLA 18363 PEDRO ANTIQUERA
> > AOD 972 ANTOFAGASTA 25698 JUAN COZ
> > APOCALIPSIS 215 TALTAL 1057 JUAN TORRES
> > AQUA MAN II 1261 ANTOFAGASTA 914428 JORGE FLORES
>
> > I need find the first position numeric.
>
> > I use the following funcion
> > HALLAR({"1"\"2"\"3"\"4"\"5"\"6"\"7"\"8"\"9"\"0"};A12)
>
> > but in some cases the result is that I surrender mistake.
>
> > help
>
> > thx in adv.

thx a lot
0
mariolos (2)
4/23/2008 7:56:42 PM
You're welcome!

--

> On 23 abr, 13:29, "T. Valko" <biffinp...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Try this:
>>
>> =MIN(FIND({0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},A1&"0123456789"))
>>
>> --
>> Biff
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>>
>> <mario...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > hello to all
>>
>> > I have the following:
>>
>> > AGUA LUN I 101 ANTOFAGASTA 1568 JOSE CODOCEO
>> > ALBERT 155 MEJILLONES 18420 JUAN ZEPEDA
>> > ALCATRAZ 81 MEJILLONES 1310 VICTOR ESCOBAR
>> > ALDEA II 364 MEJILLONES 900066 RAMON GARCIA
>> > ANFIBIO 383 MEJILLONES 901225 JOSE CORTES
>> > ANWAR 210 TOCOPILLA 18363 PEDRO ANTIQUERA
>> > AOD 972 ANTOFAGASTA 25698 JUAN COZ
>> > APOCALIPSIS 215 TALTAL 1057 JUAN TORRES
>> > AQUA MAN II 1261 ANTOFAGASTA 914428 JORGE FLORES
>>
>> > I need find the first position numeric.
>>
>> > I use the following funcion
>> > HALLAR({"1"\"2"\"3"\"4"\"5"\"6"\"7"\"8"\"9"\"0"};A12)
>>
>> > but in some cases the result is that I surrender mistake.
>>
>> > help
>>
>> > thx in adv.
>
> thx a lot

0
biffinpitt (3172)

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Form help #2
We are in the process of creating a computer with a kiosk type software that guests need to sign into. There will be a form that they need to complete. We need to be able to make it so that the guest can search for the name of the person he is visiting and then the form will be emailed to that specific person. Is there a way to make a form that works with our exchange server so it searches for a name and then automatically sets the form to email to him. ...

Help with text function
I need a function to help return the first name of a text sting that contains last name,first name, midlle initial. For instance for "Walker,Catrina L" I need to return "Catrina" Terrence Are you absolutely, positively certain that EVERY text string contains the sequence LastName, FirstName MiddleInitial? Cher, for example, ... .... or Jean Claude van Damm .... or Billy Bob Thorton If you can, without question, state that every text string has a single comma in it, placed between the LastName and FirstName (hmmm, what about John Doe, Jr. ... ...

Outlook Web Access #2
I have Exchange 5.5 SP4 and Outlook Web Access installed on the Member Windows NT 4.0 Server. If the regular domain user logs in to Outlook Web Access he can see a list of mail messages but when he opens any of them they look like empty, but actually they are not. If user the member of Administrators Group logs in to the Outlook Web Access he is fine. What should I change? ...

PLEASE HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file #2
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in m inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and messag time, into a text file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Availables : More that 3500 Solutions manuals and Test Banks (Part 2)
List of Solutions Manuals _________________________ contact me to : mattosbw1@gmail.com mattosbw1(at)gmail.com NOTE : "THIS SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR : CHINA, INDIA, PAKISTAN, IRAQ, IRAN, PHILIPPINES, NORTH KOREA, NEPAL, BANGLADESH, SRI LANKA, MALDIVES & BHUTAN". If your wanted solutions manual is not in this list, also can ask me if is available (They are some only). Then if you need solutions manual only contact me by email. This same "list of titles" of texts with availables solutions manual is for download from...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Let's pick a replacement for this (Access) newsgroup 2
There were two big threads on the original 6/1/10 post in the General Questions and New User sections. The gist of the original post was: Folks have recommended various sites to replace this (Access) newsgroup for when poor-listener Microsoft drops it. Why don't we pick a replacement to give it the "critical mass" to fully replace this one? If interested, please respond to this with your recommendation. Also, if you feel like it, in case this goes dead, send me an email with your email address at North9000 at gmail dot com and I'll try to collect / send out...

Find (but not find)

Setup #2
Ok, I have a new email adress from a website I work for, im trying to get the emails sent to my outlook but it never works, sending or reciving i always get the same error message. Im trying to get emails from www.hgtourneys.com Well, with that much information, troubleshooting this issue for you will be a snap. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Cheese Pope asked: | Ok, I have a new email adress from a website I ...

cannot send or receive email #2
I get a "0x800ccc7D" error message and cannot send or receive email. Seems to be related to SSL conditioning? SBC says all my address information is correct and referred me to MSFT tech support. ...

Finding an event

excel 2007 autofilter change to 2003 autofilter functionality?
Is it possible to make the 2007 autofilter change back to the 2003 autofilter functionality? You have at least one response at one of your other posts. jonnybrovo815 wrote: > > Is it possible to make the 2007 autofilter change back to the 2003 autofilter > functionality? -- Dave Peterson ...

address books #2
I have been successful in networking 2 "XP professional" computers that are using Office 2000 Premium. I can see my emails on both but can only access the address books on the original one. Can I link the address books from the original computer to the 2nd one like I did the personal folders? Please tell me how but be exact as I am not a techie person but can follow directions. Thanks. ...

exchange 2003 Pop3 access #2
I'm trying to publish smtp and pop3 through isa. neither of the server publishing rules smtp or pop3 work properly. I was able to work around the smtp portion by configuring smtp virtual server on isa then forwarding to the exchange server. so on to pop3 for this scenario: 10.0.0.2 = exchange server ip 10.0.0.1 = isa internal 10.1.0.1 = isa dmz 60.60.60.60 = public ip address of mail server (nat by firewall to dmz interface of isa) I used mail server publishing to publish pop3 from "external" to "10.0.0.2" Following the tuturial on isaserver.org still I am ...

Handle 2 Address
Hi all: Is there any way to get the address of the memory block alloc by GlobalAlloc() without call GlobalLock()? Thanks in advance for any help. -- -E.S- Why would you want to do that? If you can give the reason behind this maybe we can suggest something useful. The reason you need to call GlobalLock to get a pointer from a memory handle is that the memory chunck is movable and the operating system will move it without notice. So the pointer that you get from one call to GlobalLock might not be the same as the next time you call GlobalLock. Therefore getting the pointer without ...

cannot find database

Pivot Chart- 2 unrelated series on 1 chart
I have a set of warranty orders that each have a date when the product was originally shipped and a date when a problem was reported. I am trying to make a pivot chart with months on the x-axis and counts on the y-axis. I want 2 series, one that shows how many orders were shipped in each month and one that shows how many problems were reported each month. I do not want to show the relationship between the report and ship dates, just unique counts of each based on date. Is this possible? Here is an example of what my data looks like, I have about 6,000 entries so there are significa...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

Trying to collapse a table, what Function should I use?
I have a table of data (numbers) which is 70 rows by 21 columns, which I would like to summarize into a 5 x 3 table. So every 14 rows by 7 columns sums into a single cell on another worksheet. My original table would be like 1 2 3 ... 20 21 1 2 .... 69 70 and my summary table would be 01-07 08-14 15-21 01-14 A B C 15-28 D E F 29-42 G H I 43-56 J K L 57-70 M N O where A = sum of all numbers in the intersection of rows 1-14 and columns 1-7 where O = sum of all numbers...