Find (but not find)

My program takes a name from sheet3 goes to sheet1 to Find the name.
If it cannot find name, how do you do an If/End to Exit Do while or
find out if name has been founf? I have "On Error Resume Next" in
program.

Thanks again for all your help
Gordon

0
gwelch1938 (25)
7/16/2007 6:54:49 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

As ALWAYS, post your code for comments & suggestions.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My program takes a name from sheet3 goes to sheet1 to Find the name.
> If it cannot find name, how do you do an If/End to Exit Do while or
> find out if name has been founf? I have "On Error Resume Next" in
> program.
>
> Thanks again for all your help
> Gordon

0
dguillett1 (2488)
7/16/2007 7:08:33 PM
"Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote...
>My program takes a name from sheet3 goes to sheet1 to Find the name.
>If it cannot find name, how do you do an If/End to Exit Do while or
>find out if name has been founf? I have "On Error Resume Next" in
>program.

Somewhat ambiguous. If you search for the value of Sheet3!X99 in the used
range in Sheet1, maybe adapt the following.

Sub foo()
  Dim fc As Range, v As Variant

  On Error Resume Next

  v = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("X99").Value
  Set fc = Worksheets("Sheet1").UsedRange.Find(What:=v, LookIn:=xlValues)
  MsgBox Title:="Finding '" & CStr(v) & "'", _
   Prompt:=IIf(fc Is Nothing, "not found", fc.Address(0, 0))

End Sub

0
hrlngrv1 (375)
7/16/2007 7:31:44 PM
On Error Resume Next
Set Found = Nothing
Set Found = Cells.Find(whateveryouarefinding)
If Not Found Is Nothing then
   'successful
Else
   'unsuccessful
End If
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My program takes a name from sheet3 goes to sheet1 to Find the name.
> If it cannot find name, how do you do an If/End to Exit Do while or
> find out if name has been founf? I have "On Error Resume Next" in
> program.
>
> Thanks again for all your help
> Gordon

Find Duplicate names and delate

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Finding an event

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

Can "Totals" be displayed in Advance Find results?
This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I can't find any reference to is here. Can total search results be displayed in the search results pane? The only reference to a solution for this is by a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution. They have a screen grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg. Anyone know how I can make the customization myself? Thanks! Andy. Dear Andy, There are few options. 1. Writing Reports and show total 2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that va...

finding latest hotfix
how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 2007, Sharepoint server 2007 and SQL serve 2005? For Service Pack we can search using bing or google and find. But not for hotfix. How do I find? Thank you Hello all the latest updates are documented here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587.aspx -- Christophe Fiessinger Microsoft http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie "sgOrchid" <sgOrchid@@newsgroup.nospam.com> wrote in message news:3B51FE4E-ADD6-415D-9771-CCD32A65DF11@microsoft.com... > how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 200...

find formula and return value
Hi i am using the following formula to find text in a cell =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super",B96)),"OK", "Not OK") and return a value. i have adapted the formula for another spreadsheet and simply added more values to check, i.e. =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super""Account""Business:,B96)),"OK", "Not OK") but it doesnt seem to work. where i can see the value in the cell it is not returning ok instead of not ok. is there a limit to the number of values i can search and if so why doesnt it say as an error? what am i missing? Thanks v...

"FIND" bar is broken / missing
In IE8, when I click CTRL-F for the "Find on this page" bar, a BLANK bar appears but no controls on it. I uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled it, but it made no difference. Any ideas? I used to use this feature a lot, so this is pretty frustrating. I would appreciate anything you can tell me. Thank you. RecoverfileinRecycleBinwhileinDOS@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > In IE8, when I click CTRL-F for the "Find on this page" bar, a BLANK bar > appears but no controls on it. I uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled it, but it > made no difference. Any id...

find smallest positive number among datas
How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel? Try =MIN(data_rng) -- HTH Bob "Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8616B833-5582-4FCE-A23C-5F10D577AF63@microsoft.com... > How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel? =MIN(IF(A1:A6>0,A1:A6)) as an array formula (Control Shift Enter) Adjust your range to suit. -- David Biddulph "Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8616B833-5582-4FCE-A23C-5F10D577AF63@microsoft.com... > H...

Finding an item in a listview
There has to be a way to find a specific item in a specific column in a listview. I have a list view of people and then I allow the user to pop up a dialog box that allows them to enter search text into a field and it finds all the records that qualify and displays them in a listctrl inside the dialog box and then I want them to be able to click on the record they want and go to that record in the main list view. Yes. Using GetItemText, you can examine the contents of any listview item. Simply iterate through the items and compare each one. In article <OOW30AriDHA.560@tk2msftngp13.p...

Find, Delete row, Loop
Hello, Trying to automate the following: 1. Find a string of characters ("apple") that apprear numerous times in the spreadsheet. 2. When found delete the entire row. 3. Loop until the spreadsheet has no more instances of "Apple" Many Thanks! Dave apple or Apple ?? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200816 "Dave Coz" wrote: > Hello, > Trying to automate the following: > 1. Find a string of characters ("apple") that apprear numerous times in the > spreadsheet. > 2. When found delete the entire row. > 3. Loop until the spreadsheet h...

How to find PowerPoint version on mac
Hi, In my C++ program I need to find the version of PowerPoint on mac, on windows I am doing this using FileVer.exe. Is there any equivalant of this on mac, Can I use applecsript for this? Thanks in advance Rahul In article <edaa1210-0954-478a-a0e8-6d146726e9f3@f18g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, RAHUL <rsharma.champ@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > In my C++ program I need to find the version of PowerPoint on mac, on > windows I am doing this using FileVer.exe. > > Is there any equivalant of this on mac, Can I use applecsript for > this? > > Thanks in adva...

How do I find...
Ok Question 1: Just finding Basically I need to find all Exchange mailbox enabled AD accounts that are disabled (within AD). (Yes a disabled AD account that has a mailbox.) Within “Active Directory Users and Computers” I can find all mailboxes but I want just the ones who’s AD account is disabled. Question 2: Deleting only the mailbox. Ok once I have the list of these disabled AD accounts that have mailboxes – How can I delete their mailboxes without removing the AD account. (I’m sure there are at least 100 so didn’t want to do this one at a time.) Anyone? Hi You can use "Act...