Filtering problem #2

Dear All,

Is it possible to return results from the same row but within differen
columns using a filter?

I appreciate your help

--
gaftali
gaftalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=645

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi there,

Not sure what you mean there.  Can you explain 'return results'?

--
Regards,
Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)

"gaftalik" <gaftalik.1wdxqa_1128441903.0178@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:gaftalik.1wdxqa_1128441903.0178@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Dear All,
>
> Is it possible to return results from the same row but within different
> columns using a filter?
>
> I appreciate your help .
>

> --
> gaftalik
> gaftalik's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6450
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473027

0
firefytr (112)
10/4/2005 10:07:16 PM
What i meant is exactly related to this thread i posted few days ago :
http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=472560

In which i have attached a sheet

Thank you for your concern

--
gaftali
gaftalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=645
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47302

Not exactly sure what you want regarding a filter still though.  From what I
understand, you can't use Filter in such a capacity (again, as I understand
your query).  It looks like you want a DGET formula.

--

"gaftalik" <gaftalik.1wfeia_1128510303.969@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:gaftalik.1wfeia_1128510303.969@excelforum-nospam.com...

> What i meant is exactly related to this thread i posted few days ago :
> http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=472560
>
> In which i have attached a sheet
>
> Thank you for your concern.
>

> --
> gaftalik
> gaftalik's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6450
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473027

0
firefytr (112)
10/5/2005 9:05:41 PM
Hi,
I tried the dget formula but what about if i have more than a
transaction of the same date in the same column , it would return only
the first one ,while i need to list each date with its value separately
eventhough it is of same date .

Any suggestions?

Thank you .

--
gaftalik
gaftalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6450
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473027

As I'm unfamiliar with your requirements, can you post what they are in
detail?  Which cell(s) are the criterioin?

--

"gaftalik" <gaftalik.1wj9eb_1128690302.2641@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:gaftalik.1wj9eb_1128690302.2641@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hi,
> I tried the dget formula but what about if i have more than a
> transaction of the same date in the same column , it would return only
> the first one ,while i need to list each date with its value separately
> eventhough it is of same date .
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you .
>

> --
> gaftalik
> gaftalik's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6450
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473027

0
firefytr (112)

Security Classification problems
Whenever I try to forward or reply to e-mails, I am prompted to include a "security classification". The "Security Classification" feature, however, is not accessable; it is accessable only when I create a new e- mail. How can I forward or reply to e-mails with this security dilemma? How do I disengage this feature? Has anyone else had this problem? Nope - never heard of it. Do you have any third party programs installed to provide extra security to Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the...

CListBox::create problem
Hello, My application crashes when calling this method in OnInitDialog() . Could you tell me what is the problem? Here what i do: BOOL CPCM_ViewDlg::OnInitDialog() { [generated code...] // TODO: Add extra initialization here m_DeviceList.Create ( WS_VISIBLE | LBS_NOINTEGRALHEIGHT | WS_VSCROLL | WS_HSCROLL | WS_TABSTOP, CRect(7,10,241,168), this, IDC_LIST1 ); } m_DeviceList is a member of CPCM_ViewDlg. Thanking you in advance Are you calling it after the call to base class CDialog::OnInitDialog(); ? It should be something like BOOL YourDi...

Printing Comments #2
Thank you soooooooooooooo much - you can't imagine how frustrating thi was. : -- choskin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- choskins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1631 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27709 ...

sumif not equal problem
Simple question. I'm trying to sum up sum data not equal to a certai criteria. Below is the formula I'm using but it is not working. An help would be appreciated. =SUM(IF(Sheet2!A:A,"<>A9:A14",Sheet2!B:B)*(1-$B$5)) Thanks in advance B -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way =SUMRODUCT(--(Sheet2!A1:A1000<>A9),--(Sheet2!A1:A1000<>A10),--(Sheet2!A 1:A1000<>A11),--(Sheet2!A1:A1000<>A12),--(Sheet2!A1:A1000<>A13),--(Shee t2!A1:A1000<>A14),Sheet2!B1:B1000)*(1-$B$5) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "br...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

problems with pdf attachments
For the last couple of weeks when I receive mail with attached pdf files, if I try to move or delete the mail Windows Mail hangs. Sometime it recovers but otherwise I need to kill it. I can open the attachment by clicking on the paper clip etc and everything seems fine so I don't think it's a security thing. Try clearing your Temporary Internet Files in IE and see if that makes = any difference. You can also compact and repair the WinMail database = (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/) and see if that has any affect. steve "Duane Hebert" <spoo@flarn.com> wrote ...

Employee Filters

Outlook 2002 problem
Tried to do all of the hotfix updates for windows 2000 and now outlook 2002 will not load. It just hangs. I uninstalled all of the hotfixes, installed sp4 and unistalled office 2002 and reinstalled. Outlook still hangs. All other office apps work fine. Please email me if you have any suggestgions. Thanks You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlook can't use it at startup to build your toolbars, thus causing the hangups. Try renaming or deleting your outcmd.dat file while Outlook is closed...

phatom message in Outlook 2003 #2
for some reason outlook 2003 keeps showing 1 message inbox in the all mail folders section when there isn't one. can I clear this --- avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 080203-0, 02/03/2008 Tested on: 2/5/2008 10:18:58 AM avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2008 ALWIL Software. http://www.avast.com ...

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

ALTER SCHEMA problem
I create a new Schema OS, and then try to move a dbo table (Address) over to the new Schema ALTER SCHEMA OS TRANSFER dbo.Address Cannot alter the schema 'OS', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. I am 'sa' and I am connected as 'sa' Thanks, JIM Hi JIM You have not asked any question here, but I presume you want to know WHY you got this error. The message is pretty clear. Verify that you are 'sa' with SELECT suser_sname() and verify you are in the correct database. Look in sys.schemas. Also, always be s...

Print Customer Statement (or similar report) w/o closing billing c #2
Print Customer Statement (or similar report) w/o closing billing cycle Is there a way to print a customer statement or similar report before closing billing cycle? None of the reports available would show/print a statement. Anyideas or suggestions? Thanks In Manager go to journal menu and choose Close Billing cycle. On the screen that pops up select Reprint Customer Statement in the Option box at the top. This will allow you to print a statement by date range without closing the cycle. It will warn you that you are closing the cycle but it really isn't when you just reprint so you c...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

anyone having problems when closing billing cycle?
we have more than one store and close our billing cycle through headquarters. we installed the 1.3 upgrade last month and between the billing cycles that is the only thing i can think of that has changed or that we have done differently. when we click generate in the billing cycle window, we receive an error message that we have to click through on each account as the system goes through the accounts. upon reaching the last account it will then let us continue closing the billing cycle. the error message reads: "Error#-2147217900 Incorrect syntax near word 'GROUP'"...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

mutli-select list box problem
The following code is my failed attempt to get the items picked in a multi-select List box to then appear in another form named "NameDetailForm". The NameDetailForm does open but does not show the items picked from the list box. I believe the end part of my code is flawed, but cannot figure out what it should correctly be. If there is better code for this purpose, I would appreciate seeing it. Private Sub Itemschosen_Click() Dim strWhere As String, varItem As Variant If Me!NameListBox.ItemsSelected.Count = 0 Then Exit Sub For Each varItem In Me!NameListBox.ItemsSelec...

OWA Problem #22
Hi there, Several day ago, i had a problem about exchange database. I restored database from full backup and mounted the stores without any problem. Now everything works well except OWA. I can login and see all messages correctly but can't compose any new message. Also i can't see calendar. Both (new message page and callendar screen ) are blank and can't display any error. Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise runs on Windows 2003 Standart SP1. Any idea would be appreciated, Ozguc. ...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

Two CRM Servers (1.2 and 3.0) in the same domain?
Is it possible to install a CRM 3.0 in a domain that it's already been used for CRM 1.2? I want to install in a different server, but using the same domain for authentication. We use the 1.2 for sales and the 3.0 we want to use for development. -- Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Applications Professional Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Customization Yes you should be able to. Just create a new OU in Active Directory to install CRM 3.0 in. It's also in 3.0 it's not tied to any Organization name, so you ca...

Formatting Subtotals #2
When using Data, Subtotals to create subtotals in a detailed spreadsheet, how do I set the format so that all subtotal lines are bolded and are followed by a specified number of blank rows? One option - Collapse the sheet to show only the subtotals, then select visible cells only (F5>Special>Visible Cells only) Then Bold those cells and, instead of adding empty rows, make the subtotal rows taller and format them with the vertical alignment at the top "slh" wrote: > When using Data, Subtotals to create subtotals in a detailed spreadsheet, > how do I set the f...

Exchange 2003 Email problem
I got windows 2003 and exchange 2003. Everything is running fine but there is 1 problem that I can send and receive email to everywhere but I cant send to hotmail. If I send email from hotmail to my domain its also comming ok. One more thing if i send reply for hotmail email then it also delivering fine. But only problem is that I'm unable to send new email for hotmail... any hint or procedure which can help me .. Thanks Go to http://www.dnsreport.com and type your domain in the DNS Report field to check for properly setup DNS. Hotmail checks for SPF records, PTR, and other things as...

Problem with links #2
I upgraded to service pack 2 last week. I use Outlook for mail and since the SP2 install, every time I click on a link to a web page in an email it takes me to a folder named "nt". What is happening? And what do I need to do. Thanks. ...

Problem writing to an "ini" file in Access 2007
I have been trying to use Access 2007 VBA to write values to an ini file. Here is my code: System.PrivateProfileString("OurInformation.ini", TypeOfData, VariableName) = VariableValue This works fine in Word 2007 but I keep getting a 429 error in Access ("ActiveX component can't create object"). Why can't I write and read from an ini file in Access when I can in Word? Should I be using some other code to write/read to an ini file? "LA Lawyer" <hkapp@kapplaw.com> wrote in message news:%23Mw9TQ21KHA.3868@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl......

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...