Filter or highlight the last 10 entries

Hi all,

How can I filter by or hightlight the newest 10 dates in a column and then
if possible highlight the corresponding cells in the filtered rows that have
text in them.

Thanks in advance.
0
Mas877 (22)
9/7/2009 12:18:01 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

My thoughts would be to do a data > sort > descending of the entire table by
the dates col (I assume these contain all real dates). Then easily read off
the latest 10 dates (from the top down). Then for the text highlights, you
could select the data range eg: select A2:E100 (with A2 active), and apply CF
using Formula is:
=AND(ISTEXT(A2),A2<>"")
Format to taste, ok out. This will highlight specific cells within the range
which contain text other than formula returned blanks: "" (zero length null
strings)
Any good? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"Mas" wrote:
> How can I filter by or hightlight the newest 10 dates in a column and then
> if possible highlight the corresponding cells in the filtered rows that have
> text in them.
>
> Thanks in advance.
0
demechanik (4694)
9/7/2009 1:51:01 AM
On Sep 7, 10:18=A0am, Mas <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How can I filter by or hightlight the newest 10 dates in a column and the=
> if possible highlight the corresponding cells in the filtered rows that h=
ave
> text in them.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Assuming your dates are in Column B starting at B1
the following conditional format will highlight the top ten dates in
the column

=3DB1>=3DLARGE(B:B,10)

regards

David
0
dheaton (109)

CRM 10-09-03
sir, I would like to know more about MSCRM?? Basically how it is going to develop the management people Regards Rajesh For information on Microsoft CRM go to www.microsoft.com/crm "Rajesh" <Rajesh@tvisha.com> wrote in message news:0b9901c38e47$fd9e2d50$a101280a@phx.gbl... > sir, > > I would like to know more about MSCRM?? Basically how > it is going to develop the management people > > > > Regards > Rajesh ...

November 10, 2009 Security Update macro problems
After the Security Update for Excel 2003 and 2007 from November 10, 2009, macros became much slower and a refresh problem started happening. What happens is that when, through VBA, I place a value on a cell on an inactive sheet, the cell where the value has been placed is seen in the active sheet. This is causing some unusual behavior, as i place a lot of values in sheets that are not active. Does anyone have a problem like this? http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.officeupdate&tid=c67c9a0d-4c83-41ec-b4c6-778974190066&cat=&a...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Employee Filters

excel 03-28-10
when i type entry, nothing appears in box on spreadsheet.. also the tool bar is gray & most wont work Forgive me but have you hit the enter key? -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "randall" wrote: > when i type entry, nothing appears in box on spreadsheet.. also the tool bar > is gray & most wont work ...

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

GP 10.0 64 bit
We currently run GP 9 with our data in a SQL 2000 server (Win 2003 R2 OS) Our VAR has set up an installation of SQL 2005 64-bit, transferred our company data and installed GP 10 (Win 2003 R2 64 bit OS). The SQL server seems to run fine. I have run several test scripts. No problems. The GP 10 install has some issues. I am receiving errors such as "Sales Module not installed". Our VAR is saying there are issues with the 64 bit install and we will have to go to 32bit. I am wondering: 1. Is there a KB article out there on this? (I have searched). 2. Has anyone else had positi...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

Specifying Legend Entries
Does anyone know of a way to either specify a range for the lengen entries or make a custom legend without usig a text box. When using text box, it is not WYSIWYG and is a problem to size properly fo printing. Because of the way the data varies, creating a separat series for each group of data representing legend entries isn' practical. Thank -- Joey Chart UserPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces The legend is based on the different series in the chart: by default each series has an entry in the legend. You can't add entries to the legend which are not sepa...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

apply filter macro
I have a access db that works on win xp but does not work on win 2007 I have a combo box that triggers a apply filter macro using a query sort. no problem on win 2000 or win xp or win 2003 Help AlT ...

IP filtering based on corresponding MX records
Hello Dears, How can I implement the following? Used: Exchange 2003 SP2 in FE/BE configuration; FE is in perimeter zone (capable to “speak” with DNS, BE, DCs and retrieve info) So, somebody connects my FE to sent an e-mail to one of domain users. I need something like that: When connecting, see the “mail from: user@somedomain.xxx”; Verify if there is a record MX for the IP address from which the connection was established in DNS for the domain “somedomain.xxx” If not – drop connection (attention: MX record, not SPF) Is it possible with Exchange 2003 SP2 only? How? Thank you, Alex I be...

Extender Window from Purchasing Item Detail Entry
1. I have added an extender window to the Purchasing Item Detail Entry window 2. Is there any way to have the fields here default information from the item maintenance window? Specifically the user defined fields in the option window? 3. I would then like to see the same extender window information in the Receiving transaction entry window.. Will any of the above be possible? -- Doug You would need to use the E-One Enterprise version of the Extender for this and write Pre-Window logic to recover the data from the Item Master and prefill the Extender window. -- Richard L. Whaley ...

Month Filter
I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks listed by date (mm/dd/yy), payee, check #, etc. What I want to do is be able to filter the list by month (ex., March 2005). Is there a way to do this? Thanks Joseph You can Try EasyFilter Joseph http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Joseph" <joe@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23lQNnTawFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks lis...

Using a form in Excel to Filter
I would like to create a form in Excel that is similar to a form in Access. This form will hold all fields on the underlying spreadsheet and enable the user to sort using combo box dropdowns. Ideally, the form would have a button titled RUN that will take all the data the user selects in the combos and filter the underlying spreadsheet. Can this be done?? If so....you will save my life! TIA, Chris Try this Add-in http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <ccfatzin@ibtco.com> wrote in message news:1122677766.648239.226910@z14g200...

filter for missing values in a range
I have a list in Col A ( about 2000) one to four digit numbers. I would like to ( for example) , in the 700's be able to filter and find out which of the numbers from 700 to 799 is NOT in the list. I know how to copy and paste to another col, etc. Thanks in advance for the wonderful help all of you give. One play .. Assume your source data runs in A2 down In B2: =IF(ROWS($1:1)+700-1>799,"",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(ROWS($1:1)+700-1,A:A,0)),"",ROWS($1:1)+700-1)) Copy B2 down by 100 rows to cover the full spread of numbers to be checked, ie # of nums from s...

Print Footer with Last Print Date field name
How do you create a Footer to print the Last Printed Date and Last Revised Date? Its not as obvious in Excel as it is in Word. Hi this is only possible with VBA inserting this information within an event procedure -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ted wrote: > How do you create a Footer to print the Last Printed Date and Last > Revised Date? Its not as obvious in Excel as it is in Word. ...

Default value in table 10-26-07
Hi all, I am creating an access database and have the following problem. When creating a table in design view, I would like to set the default value. The value will be a web address or part of www.nameofsite.foldername/ however when I set this as a default value and add a record to the table, I do not get the default value I specified. What am I doing wrong and is it indeed possible to do this? Thank you -- Jim Expression web help - http://www.expression-web-designer-help.com Expression web forums - http://www.expression-web-designer-help.com/forum/default.asp Solved needed to put ins...

filter driver for an USB modem
Hello, I am working on a NDIS filter under Windows 7 64 bits. The filter is working well as NetService Class with classical Ethernet Adapters. But, it does not work with an USB Modem with "Modem" class. Packets handled by the modem are not sent to the filter. How can I get them ? I suspect I should register the driver in another manner. Regards. Eric Boudrand > Packets handled by the modem are not sent to the filter. How can I get = > them ? I suspect I should register the driver in another manner. You need to support PPP in your filter, this requires ...

Filtering
Is there a way to filter messages that contain embedded images? Or even better, messages that only contain embedded images and no text? thanks, Andy andyp@repcmi.com ...