filter by date and action

I have a table with three columns:

Name         Date           Action
Fred           Today         this
Fred            Today        that
Wilma         Today         this

I want to sort by name and by date, but only if 'this' was done more
than once on the same day, and not if 'that' was done on the same
day,They have to perform this more than once, and they cannot have
performed that on the same day.
If not in excel, mssql maybe?

Thanks,
Harry

0
hamackey (1)
8/18/2011 8:53:24 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Aug 18, 1:53=A0pm, Harry <hamac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a table with three columns:
>
> Name =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Date =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Action
> Fred =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Today =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 this
> Fred =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Today =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 this
> Fred =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Today =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0that
> Wilma =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Today =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 this
>
> I want to sort by name and by date, but only if 'this' was done more
> than once on the same day, and not if 'that' was done on the same
> day,They have to perform this more than once, and they cannot have
> performed that on the same day.
> If not in excel, mssql maybe?
>
> Thanks,
> Harry

You could add two columns for counters of This and That next to your
data.

=3DIF($C2=3D"This",1,0)
=3DIF($C2=3D"That",1,0)

Name	Date	Action	This	That
Fred	8/18/2011	This	1	0
Fred	8/18/2011	This	1	0
Fred	8/18/2011	That	0	1
Fred	8/18/2011	This	1	0
Wilma	8/18/2011	This	1	0

You could even tie the action check to the counter column header
incase you needed to add a 3rd action for compare

=3DIF($C2=3DD$1,1,0)
=3DIF($C2=3DE$1,1,0)

Then put it in a pivot table with the name and date and apply filter
to the Name of "Sum of This > 1" and apply a filter to the date of
"Sum of That =3D 0"  This will give you the list of people that did This
more than once in a day but didn't do That on the same day.

Name     Date         Sum of This   Sum of That
Fred      8/17/2011   3                    0
Wilma    8/18/2011   2                    0

Autofill Dates Through Worksheets?
Hi All, I'm new to this forum, so sorry if this is a daft question.. Is it possible to autofill dates through worksheets, so that the first date of each week shows in the same cell reference through a workbook? (eg sheet 1 has 1st April in cell c1, sheet 2 has 8th April in cell c1, sheet 3 has 15th April in cell c1...etc). I was hoping I'd be able to select all the tabs throughout a 52-sheet workbook and autofill the dates, but I can't. If autofill isn't an option, is there another way to achieve the same result without typing the first date of each week on every sheet? Thanks ...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Excel Date Format
I am creating an Excel spreadsheet that goes into next year. I have set the date format as: Mar-04. Every time I enter 05, it automatically changes to 04. However, if I enter only the first two letters of the month (Ma-05), it takes it. This occurs even when I continue to increase the margin. Can anyone help me, please? Thanks, Julie On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:58:50 -0700, "Julie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am creating an Excel spreadsheet that goes into next >year. I have set the date format as: Mar-04. Every time >I enter 05, it ...

Employee Filters

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

Hallo, I want to group my sent mail by day (and not by day, hour and minute). So if I have sent 200 e-mails in the previous 14 days I want to see 14 groups instead of nearly 190 because they are not clusterd by day. I have tried to create a new field (formula,= integer(sentdate)), this field works fine in a normal view but if I want to group with it, then outlook does not allow it (I think no new, selfmade field allows grouping). Who can help? Thank you very much in advance! Sabine I thought I had the answer - but it didn't work. Still, if I tell you what I did, it might spark some ...

O2K: custom action -- flag for same day but at a specific point in day?
Currently, when I flag something via the rules wizard, if I want the item to pop up a prompt on the same day, I must choose "0" days. Unfortunately, what that does is flag the message for the time it arrives, which isn't helpful. Yet flagging it for the day after, i.e., "1" day, is again not helpful. What is needed is to flag a message for the same day but for 16:50 or other specific time. Is there any way to do this via, say, custom actions or other? I've looked at what's available via slipstick (http://www.slipstick.com/addins/custom.asp#top), but ...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

apply filter macro
I have a access db that works on win xp but does not work on win 2007 I have a combo box that triggers a apply filter macro using a query sort. no problem on win 2000 or win xp or win 2003 Help AlT ...

IP filtering based on corresponding MX records
Hello Dears, How can I implement the following? Used: Exchange 2003 SP2 in FE/BE configuration; FE is in perimeter zone (capable to “speak” with DNS, BE, DCs and retrieve info) So, somebody connects my FE to sent an e-mail to one of domain users. I need something like that: When connecting, see the “mail from: user@somedomain.xxx”; Verify if there is a record MX for the IP address from which the connection was established in DNS for the domain “somedomain.xxx” If not – drop connection (attention: MX record, not SPF) Is it possible with Exchange 2003 SP2 only? How? Thank you, Alex I be...

Mass changing of due dates possible with tasks?
There are times when at the end of a day, I want to move all the unfinished tasks to the next day. Is there any way to select these tasks and en masse change their due date or must I edit them one-by-one? You can use the group drag technique described at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/searchreplacecompany.htm -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Krista" <kristalinski@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OuUPFr5yEHA.1932@TK2MS...

Month Filter
I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks listed by date (mm/dd/yy), payee, check #, etc. What I want to do is be able to filter the list by month (ex., March 2005). Is there a way to do this? Thanks Joseph You can Try EasyFilter Joseph http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Joseph" <joe@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23lQNnTawFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks lis...

date #4
how to set the date to appear Automaticaly, when i open excel "amir" <amir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E5C8C2-11D8-4FC4-B4AB-585CFECF78EF@microsoft.com... > how to set the date to appear Automaticaly, when i open excel Appear WHERE? i want the date to appear Automaticaly,in a cell when i open excel "Gordon" wrote: > "amir" <amir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:89E5C8C2-11D8-4FC4-B4AB-585CFECF78EF@microsoft.com... > > how to set the date to appear Automaticaly, when i open excel > &...

Replace Date
Hi, I have a list of Customer IDs and delivery dates as Cust_ID Deliv_Date 1000 2/24/2010 1001 2/25/2010 1002 1/1/1998 1003 1/1/1998 1004 3/1/2010 1005 3/15/2010 Here, I am trying to query this table so that if Deliv_Date = 1/1/1998 then Deliv_Date = Null. My result should be something like this Cust_ID Deliv_Date 1000 2/24/2010 1001 2/25/2010 1002 1003 1004 3/1/2010 1005 3/15/2010 Can you please help me to query this result using Access query? Thank you, Sajan SELECT [Cust_Id], IIF([Deliv_Date]=#1/1/1998#,Null,[Deliv_Date]), ... -- Dorian "Give some...

Plotting Irregular Dates and Times
I have data that is formatted mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm with associated Y-axis values. I want the y axis data to be spaced properly on the x axis. With the auto format or Date formated x-axis the smallest unit is a day; is there a way to space out the hours and minutes as well? For example, Date and Time Duration 8/17/2007 10:04 40 seconds 8/18/2007 12:27 25 seconds 8/18/2007 15:35 40 seconds 8/19/2007 13:14 60 seconds With the settings I am using now, I only get 1 column for the 18th, but it should have two. Any suggestions, or am I at the limitations of the software? Try an XY cha...

Using a form in Excel to Filter
I would like to create a form in Excel that is similar to a form in Access. This form will hold all fields on the underlying spreadsheet and enable the user to sort using combo box dropdowns. Ideally, the form would have a button titled RUN that will take all the data the user selects in the combos and filter the underlying spreadsheet. Can this be done?? If so....you will save my life! TIA, Chris Try this Add-in http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <ccfatzin@ibtco.com> wrote in message news:1122677766.648239.226910@z14g200...

filter for missing values in a range
I have a list in Col A ( about 2000) one to four digit numbers. I would like to ( for example) , in the 700's be able to filter and find out which of the numbers from 700 to 799 is NOT in the list. I know how to copy and paste to another col, etc. Thanks in advance for the wonderful help all of you give. One play .. Assume your source data runs in A2 down In B2: =IF(ROWS($1:1)+700-1>799,"",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(ROWS($1:1)+700-1,A:A,0)),"",ROWS($1:1)+700-1)) Copy B2 down by 100 rows to cover the full spread of numbers to be checked, ie # of nums from s...

GL Posting date is missing or invalid error message
Hello, When trying to post a Sales order through Sales transactions entry window, we get an error message 'General ledger posting date is invalid or missing' The dates seem correct. The fiscal periods are all set up correctly. This happens whether we try to post an individual transcation or a batch. The batch looks like it is posting, but all the posting reports have zero mamounts in them & the batch still sits there even after posting as if it has never been posted. We are running GP 8.00g34 What is causing this & how do we fix it? Thanks Did you recently change your pos...

filter driver for an USB modem
Hello, I am working on a NDIS filter under Windows 7 64 bits. The filter is working well as NetService Class with classical Ethernet Adapters. But, it does not work with an USB Modem with "Modem" class. Packets handled by the modem are not sent to the filter. How can I get them ? I suspect I should register the driver in another manner. Regards. Eric Boudrand > Packets handled by the modem are not sent to the filter. How can I get = > them ? I suspect I should register the driver in another manner. You need to support PPP in your filter, this requires ...