File in Use

I am using Excel 2002 XP - SP2

When I go to open up the workbook 'money' I get the following message pop
up:

File in Use
 money.xls is locked for editing

by Bill Chatfield

there are 3 buttons on the right of the message box

read only
notify
cancel

I have no idea why it started doing this a few days ago. I have been using
this workbook for years. I check the properties and it is not 'read only' or
'hidden' and once I re-boot it will open fine and then for no apparent
reason I get the above message again.

The only thing I can think of that MIGHT be related to this occurrence is my
creating 3 macros in another workbook just prior to this situation
beginning. The macros are stored in the workbook 'races' and do not appear
in 'money' under tools/macros

Any suggestions appreciated - TIA

Bill Chatfield

0
Please3619 (23)
12/13/2003 8:11:15 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Bill

Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open.

Sometimes this *.tmp file is not deleted from the Temp folder when you close
out Excel(maybe a crash of Excel?) or the file, so Excel thinks it is still
open and locked for editing.

You can try a re-boot and see if that clears it up.  If not, after a re-boot,
clear out your Windows\Temp folder.

If using WinXP your Temp folder would be under user.......

Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp

If on a network, re-booting the server may be the only solution.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:11:15 GMT, "Bill Chatfield" <Please@smile.com> wrote:

>I am using Excel 2002 XP - SP2
>
>When I go to open up the workbook 'money' I get the following message pop
>up:
>
>File in Use
> money.xls is locked for editing
>
>by Bill Chatfield
>
>there are 3 buttons on the right of the message box
>
>read only
>notify
>cancel
>
>I have no idea why it started doing this a few days ago. I have been using
>this workbook for years. I check the properties and it is not 'read only' or
>'hidden' and once I re-boot it will open fine and then for no apparent
>reason I get the above message again.
>
>The only thing I can think of that MIGHT be related to this occurrence is my
>creating 3 macros in another workbook just prior to this situation
>beginning. The macros are stored in the workbook 'races' and do not appear
>in 'money' under tools/macros
>
>Any suggestions appreciated - TIA
>
>Bill Chatfield

0
Gord
12/13/2003 9:43:41 PM
Gord,

I emptied the folder you suggested, as well as a few other TEMP folders -
all seems well now.
Thank you for your time.

Bill Chatfield

<Gord Dibben> wrote in message
Bill

Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is
open.

Sometimes this *.tmp file is not deleted from the Temp folder when you close
out Excel(maybe a crash of Excel?) or the file, so Excel thinks it is still
open and locked for editing.

You can try a re-boot and see if that clears it up.  If not, after a
re-boot,
clear out your Windows\Temp folder.

If using WinXP your Temp folder would be under user.......

Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp

If on a network, re-booting the server may be the only solution.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:11:15 GMT, "Bill Chatfield" <Please@smile.com> wrote:

>I am using Excel 2002 XP - SP2
>
>When I go to open up the workbook 'money' I get the following message pop
>up:
>
>File in Use
> money.xls is locked for editing
>
>by Bill Chatfield
>
>there are 3 buttons on the right of the message box
>
>read only
>notify
>cancel
>
>I have no idea why it started doing this a few days ago. I have been using
>this workbook for years. I check the properties and it is not 'read only'
or
>'hidden' and once I re-boot it will open fine and then for no apparent
>reason I get the above message again.
>
>The only thing I can think of that MIGHT be related to this occurrence is
my
>creating 3 macros in another workbook just prior to this situation
>beginning. The macros are stored in the workbook 'races' and do not appear
>in 'money' under tools/macros
>
>Any suggestions appreciated - TIA
>
>Bill Chatfield

0
Please3619 (23)
12/13/2003 10:08:46 PM
Thanks for the feedback Bill.

Always appreciated.

Gord

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 22:08:46 GMT, "Bill Chatfield" <Please@smile.com> wrote:

>Gord,
>
>I emptied the folder you suggested, as well as a few other TEMP folders -
>all seems well now.
>Thank you for your time.
>
>Bill Chatfield
>

><Gord Dibben> wrote in message
>Bill
>
>Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is
>open.
>
>Sometimes this *.tmp file is not deleted from the Temp folder when you close
>out Excel(maybe a crash of Excel?) or the file, so Excel thinks it is still
>open and locked for editing.
>
>You can try a re-boot and see if that clears it up.  If not, after a
>re-boot,
>clear out your Windows\Temp folder.
>
>If using WinXP your Temp folder would be under user.......
>
>Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp
>
>If on a network, re-booting the server may be the only solution.
>
>Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
>On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:11:15 GMT, "Bill Chatfield" <Please@smile.com> wrote:
>
>>I am using Excel 2002 XP - SP2
>>
>>When I go to open up the workbook 'money' I get the following message pop
>>up:
>>
>>File in Use
>> money.xls is locked for editing
>>
>>by Bill Chatfield
>>
>>there are 3 buttons on the right of the message box
>>
>>read only
>>notify
>>cancel
>>
>>I have no idea why it started doing this a few days ago. I have been using
>>this workbook for years. I check the properties and it is not 'read only'
>or
>>'hidden' and once I re-boot it will open fine and then for no apparent
>>reason I get the above message again.
>>
>>The only thing I can think of that MIGHT be related to this occurrence is
>my
>>creating 3 macros in another workbook just prior to this situation
>>beginning. The macros are stored in the workbook 'races' and do not appear
>>in 'money' under tools/macros
>>
>>Any suggestions appreciated - TIA
>>
>>Bill Chatfield

0
Gord
12/13/2003 10:24:31 PM
Gord,

Right after I posted 'all seems' well - it wasn't - the message box
re-appeared. I tried to re-boot and the machine would not do so - had a
'keyboard error' I believe. I had to turn it off and do a complete cold
boot - which went OK. I then opened Excel and the 'money' workbook at least
10 times and no message box. I closed 'money' by saving changes and not
saving changes to see if it made a difference - it didn't. The workbook now
seems to be OK - maybe the cold boot was needed rather than a simple
re-boot. I just don't know<G>

Computer are fun at times - and I am a big fan of Excel. One thing I have
learned over the years, 99.9% of the problems fall under the category "What
did I do now" <G>

Thanks for the feedback Bill.

Always appreciated.

Gord

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 22:08:46 GMT, "Bill Chatfield" <Please@smile.com> wrote:

>Gord,
>
>I emptied the folder you suggested, as well as a few other TEMP folders -
>all seems well now.
>Thank you for your time.
>
>Bill Chatfield
>

><Gord Dibben> wrote in message
>Bill
>
>Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is
>open.
>
>Sometimes this *.tmp file is not deleted from the Temp folder when you
close
>out Excel(maybe a crash of Excel?) or the file, so Excel thinks it is still
>open and locked for editing.
>
>You can try a re-boot and see if that clears it up.  If not, after a
>re-boot,
>clear out your Windows\Temp folder.
>
>If using WinXP your Temp folder would be under user.......
>
>Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp
>
>If on a network, re-booting the server may be the only solution.
>
>Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
>On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:11:15 GMT, "Bill Chatfield" <Please@smile.com>
wrote:

>>I am using Excel 2002 XP - SP2
>>
>>When I go to open up the workbook 'money' I get the following message pop
>>up:
>>
>>File in Use
>> money.xls is locked for editing
>>
>>by Bill Chatfield
>>
>>there are 3 buttons on the right of the message box
>>
>>read only
>>notify
>>cancel
>>
>>I have no idea why it started doing this a few days ago. I have been using
>>this workbook for years. I check the properties and it is not 'read only'
>or
>>'hidden' and once I re-boot it will open fine and then for no apparent
>>reason I get the above message again.
>>
>>The only thing I can think of that MIGHT be related to this occurrence is
>my
>>creating 3 macros in another workbook just prior to this situation
>>beginning. The macros are stored in the workbook 'races' and do not appear
>>in 'money' under tools/macros
>>
>>Any suggestions appreciated - TIA
>>
>>Bill Chatfield

0
Please3619 (23)
12/13/2003 10:45:55 PM
Gord,

The saga continues - after posting the 2nd 'all seems' well message I had
problems again. I ran a script I have stored in workbook 'races' and somehow
that affected workbook 'money' I have no idea how, why, or anything
These are the 3 macros I created that SEEM to have started the problem:

Sub NumberSrt()
'
' NumberSrt Macro
' Macro recorded 12/10/2003 by Bill Chatfield
'
    If Not ThisWorkbook Is ActiveWorkbook Then Exit Sub
'
    Range("C5:F59").Select
    Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("C5"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlNo, _
        OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
        DataOption1:=xlSortTextAsNumbers
    Range("C5").Select
End Sub
Sub StartSrt()
'
' StartSrt Macro
' Macro recorded 12/10/2003 by Bill Chatfield
'
    If Not ThisWorkbook Is ActiveWorkbook Then Exit Sub
'
    Range("B5:F59").Select
    Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("B5"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlNo, _
        OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
        DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
    Range("C5").Select
End Sub
Sub FinishSrt()
'
' FinishSrt Macro
' Macro recorded 12/10/2003 by Bill Chatfield
'
    If Not ThisWorkbook Is ActiveWorkbook Then Exit Sub
'
    Range("A5:F59").Select
    Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A5"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlNo, _
        OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
        DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
    Range("C5").Select
End Sub

I am going to play around and see what I can discover - any ideas on your
part would be most appreciated

Bill Chatfield

<Gord Dibben> wrote in message
Thanks for the feedback Bill.

Always appreciated.

Gord

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 22:08:46 GMT, "Bill Chatfield" <Please@smile.com> wrote:

>Gord,
>
>I emptied the folder you suggested, as well as a few other TEMP folders -
>all seems well now.
>Thank you for your time.
>
>Bill Chatfield
>

><Gord Dibben> wrote in message
>Bill
>
>Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is
>open.
>
>Sometimes this *.tmp file is not deleted from the Temp folder when you
close
>out Excel(maybe a crash of Excel?) or the file, so Excel thinks it is still
>open and locked for editing.
>
>You can try a re-boot and see if that clears it up.  If not, after a
>re-boot,
>clear out your Windows\Temp folder.
>
>If using WinXP your Temp folder would be under user.......
>
>Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp
>
>If on a network, re-booting the server may be the only solution.
>
>Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
>On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:11:15 GMT, "Bill Chatfield" <Please@smile.com>
wrote:

>>I am using Excel 2002 XP - SP2
>>
>>When I go to open up the workbook 'money' I get the following message pop
>>up:
>>
>>File in Use
>> money.xls is locked for editing
>>
>>by Bill Chatfield
>>
>>there are 3 buttons on the right of the message box
>>
>>read only
>>notify
>>cancel
>>
>>I have no idea why it started doing this a few days ago. I have been using
>>this workbook for years. I check the properties and it is not 'read only'
>or
>>'hidden' and once I re-boot it will open fine and then for no apparent
>>reason I get the above message again.
>>
>>The only thing I can think of that MIGHT be related to this occurrence is
>my
>>creating 3 macros in another workbook just prior to this situation
>>beginning. The macros are stored in the workbook 'races' and do not appear
>>in 'money' under tools/macros
>>
>>Any suggestions appreciated - TIA
>>
>>Bill Chatfield

0
Please3619 (23)
12/13/2003 11:01:49 PM
I have posted this suggestion many times:

I see this happen when there is a ghost process of Excel running;
while using files with or without macros.  Apparently, for some reason
Excel does not get completely shut down.  When you see this problem
again, close all Excel windows and check your task manager.
(Alt-Ctrl-Del) and look for excel or excel.exe.  End the process, and
try opening your 'money' file again.

Unfortunately, I have no solution to keep this from happening; I have
seen it in versions from Excel97 to Excel2003.  It happens on
win98,ME,2000, and XP.  My best guess is that in some circumstances,
Excel launches an instance of itself as an OLE server to perform
certain operations, as there is never an open file indicated with this
process in the task manager.

I did have an opportunity to investigate this once:  When this
happened to a co-worker who was working from her directory on a UNIX
server, I logged on to the server and listed the open files.  Her file
showed up as 'open'.  After killing the renegade Excel process on her
computer (which showed no filename in task manager), her file was not
'open' any more.

I have not seen this happen as frequently as it is happening to you.
Did you upgrade your Excel installation?  You may want to completely
uninstall then reinstall - I don't know if it will make a difference,
though.

Good Luck!
Mike Argy
Custom Office Solutions
and Windows/UNIX applications

Please post on-topic responses to the newsgroup

To e-mail me, remove nospam from the address in the headers
0
mikeargy (62)
12/14/2003 6:56:07 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the ideas. I am going to pint this reply and keep it by the
machine in case I need it. At this moment in time all is well. I cleaned out
all the macros in all workbooks, I deleted all names using a name manager
2.3 as recommended a while ago. I am going to leave things alone for now and
see what happens. When I decide to start messing around again I will try to
remember to do it in little steps and slowly ( not my normal MO<G>). The one
characteristic I have found in every version of Excel I have used is under
tools/options/edit tab/ provide feedback with animation - I can never get it
to stay checked, does in Word. Not really a big problem in the scheme of
things.

I love computers - thanks again for you ideas

Bill Chatfield

"Mike A" <mikeargy@nospam.ameritech.net> wrote in message
[...]

Compiling dataset using an XSD that has import and include tags
Hi,I am trying to create a DATASET object using an .xsd file that has an import tag. The imported .xsd in turn has an include tag for another .xsd. Is it possible to create a dataset based on such an xsd using the XSD.exe or are there any other tools available for this? FYI, the xsd tool works for this schema creating classes if the the path of the IMPORTED xsd is explictly given on the command line. But if I run it with the '/d' directive, it fails saying that the SchemaLocation attribute has an invalid URI. Please let me know any information on this. Thanks Rupa have you tri...

linked file not found
Hi, I cut pasted some data in workbook sheet A from another workbook sheet B and then deleted workbook B. When I click on the cell it refers to workbook B, in fact gives me the full path of the value. The file is no longer there. I cant find it using windows search on the whole disk. Does anyone have any idea, what is going on? TIA/amag It appears that you have only copied a link to the data, not the data itself. If you have not deleted the file from your RecycleBin, then restore it and then Copy > PasteSpecial > Values again to re-capture the data. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CA...

Delete a table using VBA
I have some code that opens a couple of make-table querys, and then executes some more code. I would like to insert the line 'DoCmd.DeleteObject acTable, "Table to Delete"' to delete those tables that are created, but it doesn't work. The tables don't delete. I'm assuming it has something to do with the loop, but I can't figure out where to put the deleteobject code to make it work. Here's the code that I have now: Private Sub btnEmailVolunteers_Click() DoCmd.OpenQuery "Community Project1" DoCmd.Close acQuery, "Community Projec...

Help. Log files are killing me. Exchange 2000
I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have another empty 36GIG drive. I did not realize that log files take so much space. I only 3 GIG of free space left. 1. How can I move the log files to my empty drive? 2. How can I delete these files w/o any problem on Exchange? I mean almost 20GIG of log files in one day. Give me a break. 3. Is there a way to do that automatically. Thanks, On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:19:49 -0400, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have >ano...

ask help for DLL Export Library Definition File
Hello, guys! I got a problem when I build an MFC App which call a MFC Extension DLL that has implemented some API, but I don't know where is the problem, in DLL, in dll def file or in MFC App? the API like this: ___________________________________________________ head file extern "C" AFX_EXT_API long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ); cpp file extern "C" long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ) {....} and its def file like this: __...

Problems importing pst file...
One of the users in our office tried to open Outlook & recieved an error message that indicated that the pst was gone or corrupt. After running the Inbox repair tool to no avail, as well as picking up a copy of their pst from yesterday's backup, I'm still unable to do anything with it! When trying to import it, I get the message "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" & after hitting ok, I get a message that the file isn't a personal folders file! I have read several long-winded posts in other forums, which basically have given me no...

Help! Extract the subject of all mails in outlook to a text file
How can I extract the information, such as subject, sender, time of all the mails in my Inbox into a text file? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Switch to a table view that contains all the fields you need the information from, select all items, and press CTRL+C to copy. You should be able to paste the data in columns into a text file. Note that not all available fields will copy in this manner, but the ones you mentioned should work. -- Jocelyn Fior...

In Excel
-- Jerry ...

Outloo 2003 pst files
I upgraded office xp with office 2003 beta....on Nov 30th when beta expired i went back to using office xp..all works apart from i am unable to access the pst files i created when i was using outloo 2003...any advice on how i can access these files?? pls reply to my email: tahir_uk@yahoo.com Thanks Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2003.htm#betaexp -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Tahir" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

attach file in Business Portal Project's Expense
I would like to suggest to include feature for attached file into the Project's Employee Expense. Where employee submitting expense claim, the superior would like to view the scanned copy of the resit, this is common in order to verify the trueness of the claim. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then ...

XML File Size & Memory
Hi All, I have an xml file that is 63mb in size. If I were to load this file into memory, will it consume 63mb of memory or will it consume more than that? Thanks, Roshawn That depends on how you're planning to load that document. If you are loading it into an XmlDocument or an XPathDocument object then it will consume more memory than the size of the file. If you simply walk the document with and XmlTextReader then it will consume less memory. HTH, Christoph Schittko MVP XML http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko > -----Original Message----- > From: Roshawn Dawson [mailto:udrag...

HyperLinking PDF files in Excel
Can anyone offer any help on 1. is it possible to import pdf files into excel as hyperlinks? and 2. if it is possible, how do you do it? =) A hyperlink is as it says, a link to a file either on the local drive or a network which is mapped to the local pc. It is not an imported file, just an address which when pressed will open the relevant PDF document with a PDF Viewer. To insert a hyper link, select from the top menus. Insert\Hyperlink (Hyperlink is at the bottom of the insert menu itme) This will then show a pop up box which will allow you to identify where the PDF file is to be ...

Delegates using only OWA
I have a home based user, accessing using OWA only, who needs to have delegates set up. Is there a simple way to do this not having a box with outlook avaliable? cheers, Box On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:28:42 -0000, "Boxington Headmaker" <the_boxhead@alt<<two_thousand_six_hundred <- convert that to numerals>>.org> wrote: >I have a home based user, accessing using OWA only, who needs to have >delegates set up. Is there a simple way to do this not having a box with >outlook avaliable? > >cheers, >Box > Are they the delegate or are they...

Opening file question
When opening a file direct from my documents excel opens but the sheet does not get displayed. Although if you then click print preview the content of the sheet is there. Tried opening excel and then opening file and this works fine. Not a major problem but annoying. Any one shed any light? Cheers, Ash. I think xl is trying to help you. Excel wants to keep the window settings the same way as they were previously. If you saved your workbook in less than a full window, then the next time you open it (via double clicking with no existing xl instance running), it will open it the same win...

Line Feed XML File
I am using SqlXmlCommandType component to generate an XML file in a VB.net Console Application. Everything ran perfect except one thing. I need to know if there is anyway to make this XML file Line feed file. In other words, I need to put each tag in one line instead of mixing them up. Do I have to create an XSL file to do this transformation, or there is another way on the .net framework to do it? Nader Shahin wrote: > I am using SqlXmlCommandType component to generate an XML file in a VB.net > Console Application. Everything ran perfect except one thing. I need to know > if ...

Using excel to manage event
Hello! I am an event manager currently working to set up a system that can handle the planning process of a sporting event. Background: I am one of three people left in the run for an event director job for one of the largest soccer clubs in Scandinavia. I received the following task for next interview: Next week I have to present an efficient management system, that can systematize the processes of planning, coordinating and managing the club's sporting event (soccer match). There are generally 20.000 people visiting the game, and there 600 people (including volunteers) workin...

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares

I am receiving emails but cannot send using Vista and Windows mail
Account: 'POP.ATT.YAHOO.COM', Server: 'POP.ATT.YAHOO.COM', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Wrong port number and SSL setting. Use the settings specified by your provider: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738 Also, go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "rcatonrealto...

insert file box
When I try to do a Tools/Insert/File from an email in Outlook 2003 the box is fullscreen - how can I alter the size? It is normally small & now it's annoying the cr#p out of me! Thank you. Compress the size of the window by dragging the corners of the screen. Once you have achieved your desired screen size, then close & reopened it again. This time it should open in the size that you had previously set. Sachin "CrapJac" <CrapJac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD390060-846B-477D-8023-15A1124AB37F@microsoft.com... > When I try to do a To...

Files in folder Windows.old in Vista
I have installed Ultimate on a Business version and then received the Windows.old folder. I want to delete it but have found same working files in old path than in the new. It appears that Windows updates the working files in both folders. Are they mirrored or copies. I changed the name of one file in old - corresponding file in the new folder received the same name. If I delete files from Windows.old will they be deleted from current folder too? "HBj" <HBj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D90C20-D766-48D2-AA9C-D0FF7097DEBA@microsoft.com... ...

Used to be able to attach range of labels to xy coordinates
used to be able to attach a range of text label w/ 1 to 1 correspondence to xy points - individual custom label for each point - I and others have "drawn" maps of entire states with all towns labled this way - poor man's GIS - maybe that was just good ole days of Lotus 123 v2.1 - any way as with all "improvements" from Microsoft comes increase complexity and loss of flexibility/capability to get simple things done - Excel 2007 sucks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for...

How to get files and folders name of windows\\system32 directory for Windows XP 64 bit OS by programming
Hi All , I am creating the SDI application for showing the Operating system's drive explorer tree. This is working fine for all operating system from Win 2K to XP for 32 Bit. But If I check it for Windows XP 64 bit operating system then It is showing strange behave , my all hierarchy of files and folders is coming properly but Files and folder of C:\windows\system32 directory are not coming properly , here it is showing the files and folders of C:\windows\systemWOW64 directory. How to show the actual files and folder of C:\\Windows\\system32 directory ???????? I am using ...

Import CSV file contacts into ACtive Directory
OK.. so I have been fighting to get this working and I am still unable to get the file working. I have read all instructions I can find on CSVDE and cannot get how to fix this. I am trying to import all contacts from our former webmail to Exchange 03. I have the file, but when I go to import it, I get this log Connecting to "(null)" > Logging in as current user using SSPI > Importing directory from file "c:\csvde.txt" > objectClass Attribute not defined > 0 entries modified successfully. > An error has occurred in the program Anyone know how I can fix th...

what template should I use to track employee participation monthl.
I am trying to create an excel spreadsheet that will track montly participation of a particular activity. Would anyone have any example templates or suggestions? ...

Why does my "insert" key no longer work when using Word?
Having upgraded to Office 2007, I found that the "insert" key on the keyboard no longer works! I reinstalled the software for my Microsoft keyboard but this has made no difference. Not being able to overtype is going to be a real pain! By default, in Word 2007 the Insert key does not toggle Overtype mode. To restore the behavior of previous versions: Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Advanced category, select "Use the Insert key to control overtype mode." Click OK. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Christine L....