Field list not showing up

Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I
select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic
table verbiage, but no field list.

Any thoughts?
0
JeffVA (3)
1/27/2009 10:31:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Actually when I go to fullpage view I can get the field list, but in normal
view cannot get the field list to appear.

driving me nuts.

"JeffVA" wrote:

> Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I
> select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic
> table verbiage, but no field list.
>
> Any thoughts?
0
JeffVA (3)
1/27/2009 10:50:06 PM
Hi,

This question is unclear.   What do you mean by "hide the pivot table
frame".  Pivot tables don't have frames, so what are we talking about.

Regarding the PivotTable Field List - you can display this in many layout by
opening the drop-down button on the top right of the PTFL and choosing the
display you want.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"JeffVA" wrote:

> Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I
> select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic
> table verbiage, but no field list.
>
> Any thoughts?
Although I can't duplicate your problem by just hiding/unhiding the PTFL, I
can cause a problem if I use Full Screen view.  There may very well be a
problem here.  If I don't use the Full Screen view the PTFL seems to work ok
in the spreadsheet.  You can also close and reopen Excel.  This worked on my
machine but closing the file left the PTFL displayed on screen even though no
PT was open.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"JeffVA" wrote:

> Actually when I go to fullpage view I can get the field list, but in normal
> view cannot get the field list to appear.
>
> driving me nuts.
>

> "JeffVA" wrote:
>
> > Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I
> > select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic
> > table verbiage, but no field list.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
Hey,

What I am referring to is when you insert a pivot table the outline that
shows up on the left hand side of the spreadsheet that says "to build a
report, choose fields from the pivot table field list'.

I have tried numerous times to use the 	Field List button at the top right
of the pivottable tools ribbon..no luck. As I said, when I go to Full page
view, ithe field list is there for use, when I restore to a  Normal view the
"frame" remains but no Field List. I have rebooted, tried new data sets to
pivot...nothing.

Odd thing is that when I first loaded it, worked fine...then one AM this
occurred. Driving me nut going back and forth from full to normal screen.

Any ideas?

Jef

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This question is unclear.   What do you mean by "hide the pivot table
> frame".  Pivot tables don't have frames, so what are we talking about.
>
> Regarding the PivotTable Field List - you can display this in many layout by
> opening the drop-down button on the top right of the PTFL and choosing the
> display you want.
> --
> If this helps, please click the Yes button
>
> Cheers,
> Shane Devenshire
>

> "JeffVA" wrote:
>
> > Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I
> > select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic
> > table verbiage, but no field list.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
0
JeffVA (3)
1/30/2009 1:21:00 PM
I have the same problem except the field list does not show up in Full
Screen.  Searched other sources.  Found several people who said removing and
reinstalling Office did not work.  Found one who said removing Office and
deleting the Excel folders in Documents & Settings before reinstalling did
work.  I tried it.  It worked.  I closed and opened Excel and the file three
times without problems.  Then, I worked on another file.  Think it was xlsb
format.  Now the problem is back.

"JeffVA" wrote:

> Hey,
>
> What I am referring to is when you insert a pivot table the outline that
> shows up on the left hand side of the spreadsheet that says "to build a
> report, choose fields from the pivot table field list'.
>
> I have tried numerous times to use the 	Field List button at the top right
> of the pivottable tools ribbon..no luck. As I said, when I go to Full page
> view, ithe field list is there for use, when I restore to a  Normal view the
> "frame" remains but no Field List. I have rebooted, tried new data sets to
> pivot...nothing.
>
> Odd thing is that when I first loaded it, worked fine...then one AM this
> occurred. Driving me nut going back and forth from full to normal screen.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jef
>

> "Shane Devenshire" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > This question is unclear.   What do you mean by "hide the pivot table
> > frame".  Pivot tables don't have frames, so what are we talking about.
> >
> > Regarding the PivotTable Field List - you can display this in many layout by
> > opening the drop-down button on the top right of the PTFL and choosing the
> > display you want.
> > --
> > If this helps, please click the Yes button
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Shane Devenshire
> >

> > "JeffVA" wrote:
> >
> > > Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I
> > > select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic
> > > table verbiage, but no field list.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?
0
Gero (3)
2/5/2009 2:40:57 AM
On 5 Feb, 02:40, Dennis Gero <Dennis G...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I have the same problem except thefieldlistdoes not show up in Full
> Screen. =A0Searched other sources. =A0Found several people who said remov=
ing and
> reinstalling Office did not work. =A0Found one who said removing Office a=
nd
> deleting the Excel folders in Documents & Settings before reinstalling di=
> work. =A0I tried it. =A0It worked. =A0I closed and opened Excel and the f=
ile three
> times without problems. =A0Then, I worked on another file. =A0Think it wa=
s xlsb
> format. =A0Now the problem is back.
>
> "JeffVA" wrote:
> > Hey,
>
> > What I am referring to is when you insert apivottablethe outline that
> > shows up on the left hand side of the spreadsheet that says "to build a
> > report, choose fields from thepivottablefieldlist'.
>
> > I have tried numerous times to use the =A0 =A0FieldListbutton at the to=
p right
> > of the pivottable tools ribbon..no luck. As I said, when I go to Full p=
age
> > view, ithefieldlistis there for use, when I restore to a =A0Normal view=
 the
> > "frame" remains but noFieldList. I have rebooted, tried new data sets t=
> >pivot...nothing.
>
> > Odd thing is that when I first loaded it, worked fine...then one AM thi=
> > occurred. Driving me nut going back and forth from full to normal scree=
n.

> > Any ideas?
>
> > Jef =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0
>
> > "Shane Devenshire" wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > This question is unclear. =A0 What do you mean by "hide thepivottable
> > > frame". =A0Pivottables don't have frames, so what are we talking abou=
t. =A0

> > > Regarding the PivotTableFieldList- you can display this in many layou=
t by
> > > opening the drop-down button on the top right of the PTFL and choosin=
g the
> > > display you want. =A0
> > > --
> > > If this helps, please click the Yes button
>
> > > Cheers,
> > > Shane Devenshire

This has worked for me.  I removed the following files;

(Back up these files before deleting)

- C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Office
\Excel12.*
- C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\*.*

I think excel's office setting file(s) get corrupted somehow, I am not
sure what is causing this.  In anycase if I find out why this is
happening I will post it in this post here.

Hope this helps.
I deleted just C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\Excel12.xlb.  It fixed the problem.  Thanks.

"niketya" wrote:

> On 5 Feb, 02:40, Dennis Gero <Dennis G...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > I have the same problem except thefieldlistdoes not show up in Full
> > Screen.  Searched other sources.  Found several people who said removing and
> > reinstalling Office did not work.  Found one who said removing Office and
> > deleting the Excel folders in Documents & Settings before reinstalling did
> > work.  I tried it.  It worked.  I closed and opened Excel and the file three
> > times without problems.  Then, I worked on another file.  Think it was xlsb
> > format.  Now the problem is back.
> >
> > "JeffVA" wrote:
> > > Hey,
> >
> > > What I am referring to is when you insert apivottablethe outline that
> > > shows up on the left hand side of the spreadsheet that says "to build a
> > > report, choose fields from thepivottablefieldlist'.
> >
> > > I have tried numerous times to use the    FieldListbutton at the top right
> > > of the pivottable tools ribbon..no luck. As I said, when I go to Full page
> > > view, ithefieldlistis there for use, when I restore to a  Normal view the
> > > "frame" remains but noFieldList. I have rebooted, tried new data sets to
> > >pivot...nothing.
> >
> > > Odd thing is that when I first loaded it, worked fine...then one AM this
> > > occurred. Driving me nut going back and forth from full to normal screen.
> >
> > > Any ideas?
> >
> > > Jef

> This has worked for me.  I removed the following files;
>
> (Back up these files before deleting)
>
> - C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Office
> \Excel12.*
> - C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\*.*
>
> I think excel's office setting file(s) get corrupted somehow, I am not
> sure what is causing this.  In anycase if I find out why this is
> happening I will post it in this post here.
>
> Hope this helps.

validate a field based on sum of other fields
I have to assign commission to agents for each "order". I can have anywhere from 1 agent at 100% commission to 5 agents with every possible combination of percentages. Obviously, I need the percentage entries to only add up to 100 and I'd like to force the user to adjust the figures until they total 100. Firstly, am I right in assuming it would be better to be assigning the agents to the orderIDs in separate records: OrderID, Agent, Agent Percentage (as opposed to having one record contain the OrderID, Agent1, Agent1Percentage, Agent2, Agent2Percentage, Agent3, Agent3Pe...

Pivot Table Calculated field #3
I have a pivot table with columns for No's, Yes's and Grand Total. I would like to calculate the % of Yes's by dividing the Yes's by the Grand total. Can someone give me an easy explanation of how to do that or a source? I have tried every thing I can think of and the directions I have found have not helped.... Thanks, Ann To calculate total percent Yes, you could use the GETPIVOTDATA function in a formula outside the pivot table. For example: =GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5,"Valid","Yes")/GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5) MOE wrote: &g...

Locking Field position on screen.
I have created a simple form in Word 2007 with maybe 2 or 3 fields across and 3 or 4 fields down, but my problem is I would like to be able to lock the field positions in place on the screen. When I type in a field, the field to the left moves. I need to lock the position. Can this be done. Frank Most forms designers put form fields in table cells of a fixed dimension. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Francis Cunningham, Jr." <FrancisCunninghamJr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Text using Alt+Enter does not show up (row height not a problem)
How much text is there? If i'm not mistaken excel has a max of 102 characters per cell so if your exceeding that, text will not show. HTH J -- pinmaste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49891 It's almost 32k characters that can be in a cell. Excel's help states that only 1024 are visible, but that isn't correct if you pepper the text with alt-enters every 80-100 characters....

Sendinng mail showing a different sender's name
Hi, At my work, we use Outlook 2000. I have my normal email mailbox address andre@companyname.com , but I also have access to another mailbox "info@companyname.com" When I send emails, the mesage always automatically shows the sender as "andre@companyname.com" Is there a way to set the default sender to "info@companyname.com " so that the receiver sees that name and not "andre". I do not want to individually modify each email sent using the "FROM" feature, as this would be time consuming. In my Outlook on my personnal computer, I know h...

scripto to cut/paste to next field
Here is my situation: 1) A page on IE will be open, and I will have a cursor in a field on the page (field that has text in it) 2) I need to hit a shortcut (ctrl-shft-something) that cuts everything to the right of the cursor, advances a field (effectively, replicates ‘tab’ action), and pastes Anyone have some code (and instructions on what to do with the code) that may solve the above? -- Boris "BorisS" <BorisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4B54CE9-F2A4-4195-B2E3-ABA75A49202C@microsoft.com... > Here is my situation: > > 1...

Recently used file list. It is set for 9, but the list seems to be cleared
I followed the Help instructions. Tools/Options/General to set the length of the displayed list. I found that it was already set to 9 entries. However, in the File pulldown, the list is not displayed. I created a dummy test XLS, and indeed it is in the list, but nothing previously created. What might be clearing this list? Don't know if applies to Office 2007 but here's one guess........ For Office 2002 and 2003............ Are you running TweakUI? If so, you may have disabled the MRU lists by unchecking "maintain document history list" under the TweakUI Expl...

When printing a contact the other field (Notes) get cut off
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. <br> I have tried this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried a different printer also. Please help On 3/10/10 12:47 PM, mwilshrie@officeformac.com wrote: > Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. I have tried > this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried > a different printer also. Please help Can you post a picture of what you're de...

text field to date field field
I have a database that has a text field called "visit" it has been filled with data ie., " 6/22/07 - not good, " the field may also be blank or it may contain random text after the date. In some cases no date at all just text. I would like to create a new field called DateVisit that contains just the dates that were entered in the field "visit" it has been a struggle and I have made no progress please help abbenj@verizon.net/nospam From your description, the field might contain a date, or a date and text, or text, or nothing. How would you explai...

Form Fields In Outlook Template
Help !!! I'm not a developer, just a user, but I need some help. What I want to do is create an Outlook 2003 template, that uses form fields (Text, drop down boxes, etc.....) However, it looks like to properly create an Outlook template, you cannot use Word as your editor. But if I do not use Word as the editor, then I cannot access the Form Toolbar. This cannot be a new request - but I just cannot seem to figure this out. Help !!! Thank you See my response to your other post on this issue.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart...

How do I stop an incorrect email address being listed?
I use Outlook dated 2007 which fills in potential email recipients on the basis of the name given. However, a number of these are obsolete/incorrect. How can I stop them from being listed? I have noticed that the list offered varies unpredictably (by me). Some times people appear, some times they don't. Where does the list come from? David Butland On 3/18/2010 11:56 PM, DavidButland wrote: > I use Outlook dated 2007 which fills in potential email recipients on the > basis of the name given. However, a number of these are obsolete/incorrect. > How can I stop them from...

Default fields in new fields
Using Outlook 2K When creating a new mail folder, it does not include the Subject and Received fields necessitating their having to be added every time. How can I get this to revert to the default fields? Thanks, Cathy ...

multiple critera for one field in a query
Hi, i am trying to get a count of a certain criteria but in different columns. Its hard to explain, but assume i have a table which consists of... A 550 B 600 C 20 A 100 C 75 B 120 D 390 Then in a query I am trying to have the result of: Over 500 Over 100 Over 25 Under 25 A 1 1 0 0 B 1 1 0 0 C 0 0 1 1 D 0 1 0 0 The way i have done...

showing all values on the Y axis
Hello, I have a 3D graph in access (but it's imported from excel). The Y Axis (the horizontal bottom axis) represents years. I each and every year to appear on the screen under the axis. So I asked the computer to show the values of the Y axis. Usually everything is OK, and the computer shows all the values, but sometimes (when I have many points in that Axis) the computer writes down only every second value. Is there a way I can force the computer to always show all the values? thank you -- dshemesh In article <E1F0F2DC-2EC0-417D-B57A-2EDD9D8A38A5@microsoft.com>, dshemesh@...

required fields
Hello: Through either VBA or Modifier, is it possible to make a field that is required in Great plains by design to not be required but be optional instead? I doubt it. The best that I could come up with was to just have VBA fill the required field with a "dummy" piece of information and move on. Any other ideas? I suppose the only other way is through Dexterity. The field is the "Interview Range from 1 to" in the HR Interview Setup window. I just decided to have VBA fill it with "01". Thanks! childofthe1980s You are right, fields Required by GP cann...

IV00102 Fields
These four fields are set to zero when I create a new item and assign it to a location. However, when I look at the table descriptions zero is not a valid value for any of them. Are these four fields currently used for anything or are they there for future use? This currently is GP10 SP3. 1) IV00102.REPLENISHLEVEL 2) IV00102.POPVENDORSELECTION 3) IV00102.POPPRICINGSELECTION 4) IV00102.PICKTICKETITEMOPT Rich, Replenishment Level is the default replenishment level for POP Auto Generator. Values are 1, 2 and 3. 1 for Order point QTy, 2 for order upto level, 3 for vendor EoQ. If these fiel...

Field by Field Comparison
I have two tables with the exact same column names. I want to do a field by field comparison of the two tables. If one letter or number is off in any field, I would like for the whole record to show up in my query. I can only figure out how to show records which are equal. I would like to show records which are not equal. Is there a query criteria or something where I can perform this? Thanks. Do a UNION query. Create a query that lists all the field in one table. Then open that query in SQL view. At the end of the SQL, delete the semicolon ";". At the...

Mixed Language Text in a List Control
Hello Gents I have a strange request that at this time I dont know if i can support. Here is the deal. The application will have multi language support for all static items using resource only dlls. However, we are working with a device and certain name type parameters arrive to me for display. I am given the language and encoding of the string. As an example lets say we are in Chinese mode. All of the applications static data will be in chinese. Now I get a message from the device of a name that is only in english. Can I display the English string? Thanks for the help. Mike If you a...

Blocked Senders List on SBS 2003
Using OWA when I try to add a sender to the blocked list I get a message saying folder size is to big. I've had a look in the registry but cant find anything related, any ideas please on how to increase this folder size. TIA Jon Hi Jon, There is a limit of 512Kb combined for all junk email list, you can increase this limit via the following registry modification on your server: Registry key: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem Value: Max Extended Rule Size Type: DWORD Data: maximum size, in bytes, you want to allow for the junk e-mail rule Regards...

splitting a field into two fields; one in ()
I have a Name field in my database that is LastName,FirstName(dept). I have figured out how to split last name and first name but I don't know how to leave out the department name that is in () after the first name. Any suggestions? Quick and Dirty way to get the field down to just LastName,Firstname is to use the following as an expression in a query: LastFirst:Left([Name],Instr([Name],"(")-1) This should give you all of the characters to the left of the opening parenthesis. You could then apply your method for splitting the First and Last Names. HTH ...

Joining fields into one field dependent on value of another field
Hi, Below is a sample of data of a query which I need assistance in - Group Fertiliser ApplicationRate 1 TSP 3 2 EFB 230 3 Kies. 3 4 EFB 230 4 Kies. 3 5 TSP 3 5 Kies. 3 7 EFB 230 7 TSP 3 7 Kies. 3 >From this, I would like to create a field such that it shows eg. Group FertiliserDescription 1 TSP (3) 2 EFB (230) 3 Kies. (3) 4 EFB (230), Kies(3) 7 EFB(230),TSP(3),Kies(3) I am able to put Fertiliser and ApplicationRate together ie. Fertiliser& "(" &ApplicationRate& ")" My problem being how to add a statement saying th...

getting list of aliases on Exchange 2007
Hey! One (i think) simple question - how do I get a list of alle the email aliases on and exchange box? - FYI I have the all-in-one-box solution with exchange I can do the get-user cmdlet and get a list of users (by the way - why can't I use the get-mailuser??? It doesn't return ANYTHING - it just goes "plop" and returns to the prompt - why??) But how do a get a list of aliases for a peticular user? I figured that I could do the "pipe" thing between to to functions... Any thoughts?? I need the list (that is going to be loaded into a database) for a custom webpa...

How to set color of field?
In ObjectPal I used the 'Arrive' event to set the color of a field or a record in a child table. This allowed the color to vary from one record to the next in a datasheet view. In Access, the 'On Current' event only works in form view. It doesn't work in datasheet view. The 'Format' event is only available in Report objects. The 'Conditional' format only allows three alternatives. How can Access vary colors from one record to the next in a datasheet, or datasheet-like view? "WDSnews" <wdsnews.0640@oregoncity.com> wrot...

command buttons not showing with projector
Hi, I had a complaint from a client that the command buttons we created do not show when he tried to demonstrate the Excel application using a projector (i.e. like InFocus) . He could see them on his laptop screen and they worked but they did now show on the projector screen. He is using Excel 2002. Anyone see this happen? Thanks, Terry ...

Web Query for list of DVD's
Hello I have a spreadsheet with a list of DVD names in Col A. I would like to know if it is possible to have a web query that connects to an external site in which you can type the movie name and it tells you the main actors of the movie, as well as other facts. www.imbd.com is the site. you can see i can search for varous movies and it gives in the movie info in a consistant format. Ideally i would like to use the web query like a formula, with the dvd name in col a as the variable and the output being the actors name from the web, in col B. Because i have 400 dvds, i cant create the li...