Field list not showing up

Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I
select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic
table verbiage, but no field list.

Any thoughts?
0
JeffVA (3)
1/27/2009 10:31:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Actually when I go to fullpage view I can get the field list, but in normal
view cannot get the field list to appear.

driving me nuts.

"JeffVA" wrote:

> Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I
> select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic
> table verbiage, but no field list.
>
> Any thoughts?
0
JeffVA (3)
1/27/2009 10:50:06 PM
Hi,

This question is unclear.   What do you mean by "hide the pivot table
frame".  Pivot tables don't have frames, so what are we talking about.

Regarding the PivotTable Field List - you can display this in many layout by
opening the drop-down button on the top right of the PTFL and choosing the
display you want.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"JeffVA" wrote:

> Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I
> select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic
> table verbiage, but no field list.
>
> Any thoughts?
Although I can't duplicate your problem by just hiding/unhiding the PTFL, I
can cause a problem if I use Full Screen view.  There may very well be a
problem here.  If I don't use the Full Screen view the PTFL seems to work ok
in the spreadsheet.  You can also close and reopen Excel.  This worked on my
machine but closing the file left the PTFL displayed on screen even though no
PT was open.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"JeffVA" wrote:

> Actually when I go to fullpage view I can get the field list, but in normal
> view cannot get the field list to appear.
>
> driving me nuts.
>

> "JeffVA" wrote:
>
> > Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I
> > select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic
> > table verbiage, but no field list.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
Hey,

What I am referring to is when you insert a pivot table the outline that
shows up on the left hand side of the spreadsheet that says "to build a
report, choose fields from the pivot table field list'.

I have tried numerous times to use the 	Field List button at the top right
of the pivottable tools ribbon..no luck. As I said, when I go to Full page
view, ithe field list is there for use, when I restore to a  Normal view the
"frame" remains but no Field List. I have rebooted, tried new data sets to
pivot...nothing.

Odd thing is that when I first loaded it, worked fine...then one AM this
occurred. Driving me nut going back and forth from full to normal screen.

Any ideas?

Jef

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This question is unclear.   What do you mean by "hide the pivot table
> frame".  Pivot tables don't have frames, so what are we talking about.
>
> Regarding the PivotTable Field List - you can display this in many layout by
> opening the drop-down button on the top right of the PTFL and choosing the
> display you want.
> --
> If this helps, please click the Yes button
>
> Cheers,
> Shane Devenshire
>

> "JeffVA" wrote:
>
> > Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I
> > select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic
> > table verbiage, but no field list.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
0
JeffVA (3)
1/30/2009 1:21:00 PM
I have the same problem except the field list does not show up in Full
Screen.  Searched other sources.  Found several people who said removing and
reinstalling Office did not work.  Found one who said removing Office and
deleting the Excel folders in Documents & Settings before reinstalling did
work.  I tried it.  It worked.  I closed and opened Excel and the file three
times without problems.  Then, I worked on another file.  Think it was xlsb
format.  Now the problem is back.

"JeffVA" wrote:

> Hey,
>
> What I am referring to is when you insert a pivot table the outline that
> shows up on the left hand side of the spreadsheet that says "to build a
> report, choose fields from the pivot table field list'.
>
> I have tried numerous times to use the 	Field List button at the top right
> of the pivottable tools ribbon..no luck. As I said, when I go to Full page
> view, ithe field list is there for use, when I restore to a  Normal view the
> "frame" remains but no Field List. I have rebooted, tried new data sets to
> pivot...nothing.
>
> Odd thing is that when I first loaded it, worked fine...then one AM this
> occurred. Driving me nut going back and forth from full to normal screen.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jef
>

> "Shane Devenshire" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > This question is unclear.   What do you mean by "hide the pivot table
> > frame".  Pivot tables don't have frames, so what are we talking about.
> >
> > Regarding the PivotTable Field List - you can display this in many layout by
> > opening the drop-down button on the top right of the PTFL and choosing the
> > display you want.
> > --
> > If this helps, please click the Yes button
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Shane Devenshire
> >

> > "JeffVA" wrote:
> >
> > > Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I
> > > select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic
> > > table verbiage, but no field list.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?
0
Gero (3)
2/5/2009 2:40:57 AM
On 5 Feb, 02:40, Dennis Gero <Dennis G...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I have the same problem except thefieldlistdoes not show up in Full
> Screen. =A0Searched other sources. =A0Found several people who said remov=
ing and
> reinstalling Office did not work. =A0Found one who said removing Office a=
nd
> deleting the Excel folders in Documents & Settings before reinstalling di=
> work. =A0I tried it. =A0It worked. =A0I closed and opened Excel and the f=
ile three
> times without problems. =A0Then, I worked on another file. =A0Think it wa=
s xlsb
> format. =A0Now the problem is back.
>
> "JeffVA" wrote:
> > Hey,
>
> > What I am referring to is when you insert apivottablethe outline that
> > shows up on the left hand side of the spreadsheet that says "to build a
> > report, choose fields from thepivottablefieldlist'.
>
> > I have tried numerous times to use the =A0 =A0FieldListbutton at the to=
p right
> > of the pivottable tools ribbon..no luck. As I said, when I go to Full p=
age
> > view, ithefieldlistis there for use, when I restore to a =A0Normal view=
 the
> > "frame" remains but noFieldList. I have rebooted, tried new data sets t=
> >pivot...nothing.
>
> > Odd thing is that when I first loaded it, worked fine...then one AM thi=
> > occurred. Driving me nut going back and forth from full to normal scree=
n.

> > Any ideas?
>
> > Jef =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0
>
> > "Shane Devenshire" wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > This question is unclear. =A0 What do you mean by "hide thepivottable
> > > frame". =A0Pivottables don't have frames, so what are we talking abou=
t. =A0

> > > Regarding the PivotTableFieldList- you can display this in many layou=
t by
> > > opening the drop-down button on the top right of the PTFL and choosin=
g the
> > > display you want. =A0
> > > --
> > > If this helps, please click the Yes button
>
> > > Cheers,
> > > Shane Devenshire

This has worked for me.  I removed the following files;

(Back up these files before deleting)

- C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Office
\Excel12.*
- C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\*.*

I think excel's office setting file(s) get corrupted somehow, I am not
sure what is causing this.  In anycase if I find out why this is
happening I will post it in this post here.

Hope this helps.
I deleted just C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\Excel12.xlb.  It fixed the problem.  Thanks.

"niketya" wrote:

> On 5 Feb, 02:40, Dennis Gero <Dennis G...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > I have the same problem except thefieldlistdoes not show up in Full
> > Screen.  Searched other sources.  Found several people who said removing and
> > reinstalling Office did not work.  Found one who said removing Office and
> > deleting the Excel folders in Documents & Settings before reinstalling did
> > work.  I tried it.  It worked.  I closed and opened Excel and the file three
> > times without problems.  Then, I worked on another file.  Think it was xlsb
> > format.  Now the problem is back.
> >
> > "JeffVA" wrote:
> > > Hey,
> >
> > > What I am referring to is when you insert apivottablethe outline that
> > > shows up on the left hand side of the spreadsheet that says "to build a
> > > report, choose fields from thepivottablefieldlist'.
> >
> > > I have tried numerous times to use the    FieldListbutton at the top right
> > > of the pivottable tools ribbon..no luck. As I said, when I go to Full page
> > > view, ithefieldlistis there for use, when I restore to a  Normal view the
> > > "frame" remains but noFieldList. I have rebooted, tried new data sets to
> > >pivot...nothing.
> >
> > > Odd thing is that when I first loaded it, worked fine...then one AM this
> > > occurred. Driving me nut going back and forth from full to normal screen.
> >
> > > Any ideas?
> >
> > > Jef

> This has worked for me.  I removed the following files;
>
> (Back up these files before deleting)
>
> - C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Office
> \Excel12.*
> - C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\*.*
>
> I think excel's office setting file(s) get corrupted somehow, I am not
> sure what is causing this.  In anycase if I find out why this is
> happening I will post it in this post here.
>
> Hope this helps.

Proportion of Fields filled
Hi, How to calculate the percentage of filled fields by number of records in order to know what field has been most filled Thanks, Carla -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com So you want to show the percentage of records that have some value (any value) in a particular field? 1. Create a query. 2. Depress the Total button on the toolbar. Access adds a Total row to the design grid. 3. Drag the primary key field into the grid. In the Total row under this field, choose Count 4. Drag your other field(s) into the grid, choosing Count again. This gives you the count of all rec...

Distribution lists ?
Hi ! I have about 60 distribution lists and now i'm planning to make document about those lists. Does anybody know a short way to do this ? It's quit hard to go separatelly through all lists and write it down users who belong to those lists. I have Win NT 4 SP6a and Exchange 5.5 sp3. -Mika V On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 03:08:26 -0700, "Mika V" <mika.valimaa@pcsuperstore.fi> wrote: >Hi ! > >I have about 60 distribution lists and now i'm >planning to make document about those lists. >Does anybody know a short way to do this ? >It's quit hard to ...

cannot create new fields in CRM
Hi There, we are having issue wher we can no longer add new attributes, we get the error message saying "An error has occoured, for more information contact your administrator." As far as we know we haven't done anything that could have caused it, we are running small business server 2003 and CRM version 3.0 Rgds, Kyaw is the System Customizer role deleted? if it is, add the role back using the script found here: http://groups.google.com.sg/group/microsoft.public.crm.developer/browse_thread/thread/826a19aab8ff173a/80d124150a51875c?lnk=st&q=mscrm+customizer+role+de...

No Archive appearing in folder list
I notice on one of my PC's that the archive folder doesn't appear in the folder list. Is there a way of viewing it in the folder list? Using Office 2000 and XP Home. Open the archive PST using a command on the File menu. I forget the exact path since I'm using OL2003 now. In OL2003 it's File menu > Open > Outlook Data file. It may be similiar in OL2000 "Trevor" <trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote in message news:5a47d$436499b5$50e5af86$15725@nf5.news-service.com... >I notice on one of my PC's that the archive folder doesn't app...

Thank you for Payee List problem solved
So simple but how to know such a thing that a leap year would mess with a drop down list. I guess it has to do with the fact that money only lists payees that you have used in the last 2 years and since this day hasn't occured for 4 years the program is functioning properly, just a bit frustrating though. ...

list box, combo box hyperlinks #3
Thanks, I will give it a try. I have to read up more on VB tutorials t get a better idea for coding -- P-C-Surgeo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- P-C-Surgeon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1477 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26473 ...

calculating multiple fields in an unbound text box
I have a report based on a query that links 2 tables by the field "Type". Each tiype in the one table has a minimum price. The other table has the type and actual sales prices in four different fields of which only one is used in the calculations. I am calculating the difference between actual selling price and minimum price. the problem I am having is that although the minimum price is always desplayed for the type, the calculation does not work for the different fields. If the first field is null, then the next 3 fields should be checked. The other fields may or may not be ...

Remove drop-down list in Excel
We accidentally ended up with a drop-down list on one of the cells of our Excel worksheet and we can't figure out how to make it go away... Please help. We are using MS Office 2002 Thank you Select the cell, do data>validation>clear all, click OK -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "cdeldegan" <cdeldegan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87E04310-8135-4B5E-858D-18B87AF2DE12@microsoft.com... > We accidentally ended up with a drop-down list on one of the cells of our > Excel worksheet and we can't figure out how to make it go away... Please help. ...

Need formula to calculate List Price.
Need help with an excel formula to figure out the list price. I was given the discount (%) and my net price but I want to figure out what was the origin list price before the discount was applied. I have following cells which have the data I need to look at to get final cost. A10 - Contains the net price (my price) B10 - Contains my discount (%) C10 - Where I want the list price to appear (price before discount was applied) I need a formula that will calculate what amount my discount was based on (list price). One way: =A10/(1-B10) -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------...

XP Pro Update Cutoff; I need a full list
My computer is a Dell Dimension 4550 Desktop running Microsoft Windows XP Pro (Build 2600); version 2002 with Service Pack 3. It has an Intel Pentium 4 x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4: CPU 2.40 GHz; 2.39 GHz with 2.0 GB of RAM. The Display adapter is a 64MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with TV Out, and I am using Internet Explorer 8. My Printer is a 2009 Dell V505. Bus Clock: 533 megahertz. BIOS: Dell Computer Corporation A08 9/23/2003. C: Drive Size is 76,285 MB with 78% Free Space. H: (My Book) Size is 465 GB with 89% Free Space. I have Microsoft Office XP Small Busines...

Outlook contact list won't populate address book
My Outlook 2007 contact list won't populate address book. I open the contact list and the names and address are there, but when I create a new message or reply and hit the "to" or 'CC" buttons the address book comes up empty State the steps you used to configure the Outlook Address Book Service. Compare them to what you should have done. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002 -- Russ Valentine "Bill Toothaker" <Bill Toothaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D1668DE-4B7C-46E0-8165-...

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

list of figures looses some of its figures once tables are inserte
word 2007 First, this is not an issue with assigning a caption from a picture and the caption isn't in a text box. In fact, I've scoured the internet and found no known issues like what I'm about to describe. My document has 16 figures and 12 tables. I created a list of figures and a list of tables and found that both go missing randomly when any changes are made trying to get them to reappear. E.g., if I'm missing only fig 13, and I test a change, several figures then go missing. Or if I have all figures and begin to insert tables, the list of figures looses ...

Can I create Outlook Distribution List from Access database?
Is it possible to create a Distribution List from email addresses already stored in an Access database. I can send an email to each individual email address listed in the database, but would like to send the same email to several of the email addresses in one go. yes you can http://library.cortland.edu/tps/materials/distributionlistaccess.pdf Jan Main wrote: >Is it possible to create a Distribution List from email addresses already >stored in an Access database. >I can send an email to each individual email address listed in the database, >but would like to s...

READ AWAY
All, As a number of folks are undoubtedly wondering "is XYZ problem happening to anyone else".. I've endeavored to document those I've been able to REPRODUCE... 1. Can't backup while online "updates" are in progress - produces error message indicating write failure or backup cancelled. Should indicate that backup cant be done while online update in progress 2. Can't send payments from the register while online updates are in progress - produces error message and queues for later sending. However, error message doesn't indicate why send failed ...

List of records >10 days old
Hi Everyone, I am using Access 2003. I want a list of patients who are active and have been on therapy >10 days as well as a field that shows how many days they have been on therapy. I have a tblPatients and a tblTherapy with the fields I need. I created a query joining these 2 tables and only showing active patients with LastName, FirstName, AdmNum and their ThpyStDtTm. The active field is Y/N in my tblPatients. Once I get only the records >10 days old, I need another field that gives me the total days the patient has been here. Thanks, Linda On Mon, 1...

OLE field on form
How do I get an ole field on a form to display full frame. At the moment, all I can get it to do is show a small (and rather blocky) verion of a .bmp file, with the file name underneath. It won't display .jpg at all - only the file name. I've played with this for a while now. "Paul Doree" <PaulDoree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How do I get an ole field on a form to display full frame. > At the moment, all I can get it to do is show a small (and > rather blocky) verion of a .bmp file, with the file name > underneath. It won...

custom lists
Where is the option in 2007 for making custom lists for filling?? AFD Hi, Choose Data tab, Validation in the Data Tools group. Cheers, Shane Devenshire Microsoft Excel MVP "afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$NoYnRFJHA.2292@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Where is the option in 2007 for making custom lists for filling?? > > AFD > If I understand the OP correct ? Office Button>Excel Options Popular Click on Edit custom lists -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Shane Devenshire" <shanedevenshire@sbc...

Sorting contact list
When selecting email addresses (when clicking on the To: or Cc: buttons) a "Select" dialog box appears with a list of my contacts. Although my Contact listing shows names sorted by surname, this select dialog box sorts by first name. Very annoying especially because I cannot find the setting to correct this. I've tried attaching a .jpg of the dialog box for all to see but I don't thing this newsgroup allows attachments. Forgive me if the duplicate appears. Any ideas? This is among the most frequently asked questions in this group. No need to post any binaries....

XML Desialization of array list
Here's a simple example (VB.NET): Option Strict What would the code look like to deserialize this example? Imports System Imports System.Collections Imports System.IO Imports System.Xml.Serialization Public Class App1 Shared Sub Main() Dim list As ArrayList = New ArrayList() Dim out As StreamWriter = New StreamWriter("array.xml") Dim ser As XmlSerializer = New XMLSerializer(list.GetType()) list.Add("a") list.Add("2") list.Add("three") ser.Serialize(out, list) End Sub End Class Peter,...

Some text boxes on an embedded chart do not show up
Why is it that the last one or two text boxes on an embedded chart do not display when I click outside the chart area? I am using 16 text boxes on a chart instead of the legend as it makes it easier to read. I then select an area that includes the chart and copy it to Paint (see note 1), where I save it as a JPG as I want to load it onto the web. The Excel file and the JPG file can be found at the following links http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/lombardm/TBracegraph20080705.xls http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/lombardm/TBracegraph20080705.JPG Why is it that the last one or two tex...

correct total column in filtered list
Dear friends, I have a list(table in 2007) as bellow Serial ItemCode Import Export Remain 1 10 20 20 2 20 10 10 3 10 30 40 4 30 10 50 5 20 20 30 note how last column (remain) is calculated (remain=up remain+import-expor) if i filter (itemcode) for 10 the remain column value not calculated on new condition (correct ...

ShowAllData works when filtered, error code when all showing?
I have a PRINT ALL macro with button on a sheet. There are 2 other print macros each filtering the data by 2 criteria. The 3rd, however, is to print the entire worksheet without filters and I put the ShowAllData code at the beginning before doing the sort and bringing up the print dialogue box:\ ActiveSheet.ShowAllData Application.Goto Reference:="R1C4" Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("B2"), Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:=Range("C2") _ , Order2:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:= _ False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom ...

To many fields defined error message
I am currently using access 2003 and when I am attempting to bring multiple queries together into one... I am getting a To many fields defind error message. Below is my SQL that I currently have. I am going to want to add another 30 fields from 3 other queries to this one as well. SELECT [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].[Performance Year], [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].[Performance Month], [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].ATTUID, [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].Skill, [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].Ramp, [TC-All-Weeks].[TC-Week1-Step2].[Trans and Co...

Excel validation drop-down: how show codes with descriptive info?
When creating drop downs in Excel (e.g., through Data Validation) is there any way to show a code along with descriptive info so that the code can be entered into the cell, but the descriptive info provides the user with an explanation of the code when they click the drop-down? If you can use programming, there's a sample workbook on my web site that shows a product name and code in the Data Validation dropdown list. After an item is selected, the cell shows only the product name. You could adapt this to your workbook. On the following page: http://www.contextures.com/excelfile...