FAQ to find difference of two dates expressed in days

can someone direct me to the FAQ where I could probably find out how to
determine the difference between two dates expressed in days
thank you
portella@optonline.net

0
portella (11)
7/23/2003 2:39:07 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Find and replace Hyperlinks ???
I have a column of hyperlinks all pointing to various prn files. Is there a way to find & replace the hyperlinks like I can do with words on MS word. I have tried the Find replace in excel 2003 but it doesn't seem to be looking in the hyperlink itself. I have had to change the drive that these files are on so just hoping there's an easier way than re linking all 2,500 links. If anyone is wondering why I just don't leave them where they are then this is the problem. After re-installing windows and office, Excel has changed all these links. They are the same except all the Ba...

Stock Quotes (FAQ?)
Interested in pulling in end-of-day stock qoutes for 15 - 20 stocks. I used to use the MSN Money Central add in, but it is apparently is no longer available. I'd like to be able to code it myself, (or at least be able to browse the source) but I need to get pointed in the right direction. Maybe in a FAQ list somewhere? Thanks in advance for any input/suggestions, JA If you Google "yahoo stock data excel" you will find lots of links to do what you want. A few years back I modified a Yahoo USA file to download stock data (20 min delay) from the Yahoo Australian site ...

Excel prob = Compile error cant find project or library
when i open excel 2002 on my xp pro pc it opens up with te error Compile error cant find project or library then takes me into the VB, the section it takes me to is talking bout setlanguagestrings? but when you close this screen excel works fine. any help please thanks in advance David Hi, Maybe an add-in with a programming error is bothering you. 1 Tools, Add-ins 2 note which are checked 3 uncheck all (but one) 4 restart XL 5 if no error, check the next one and repeat from step 4 Got the error? uncheck the one you last checked. Not an add-in? It will be a (hidden) workbook t...

Need help finding the right function, please
The cells in Col A contain one of four values. The cells in Col D contain dates. I want to return the highest date for each of the four values. I'm having a difficult time understanding how the different look up functions work to allow me to get =(MAX(all dates in Cold D where Col A = "x")). The Help files for both LOOKUP and VLOOKUP indicate the values in the column to be searched must be sorted in ascending order. That can't happen in this sheet. I'm stuck with them as they are. A drop-kick in the right direction would be much appreciated!! Ed Try =MAX(IF(A1:A...

Outlook Express #206
Have purchased new computer. New computer has Windows XP and Outlook Express 6. Old computer had Windows 98 and Outlook Express 5. Am trying to transfer personal folders and address book from old to new. Any ideas? Ben cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly: > Have purchased new computer. New computer has Windows XP > and Outlook Express 6. Old computer had Windows 98 and > Outlook Express 5. Am trying to transfer personal folders > and address book from old to new. Any ideas? Backup and Restore OE http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm This newsgroup is for ...

Cannot find a user's email address in Exchange 5.5 SP4
Hello! I have a client who asked to have a forwarding email created using their Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. I am not familiar with Exchange 5.5, but many Google posts suggested using a Custom Recipient to forward inbound domain mail to her pacbell.net account. I tried that but could not get it to work until I first added a domain account for the user. Amazing that I could not find ONE post that said to do that first, but that was not from a lack of trying. Anyway, I first set up a domain account for myself and a Custom Recipient with my Yahoo address in it to verify if forwarding works. ...

Excel Chart problem need two different stacked columns in same chart
Help, My boss has requested a column chart with two different stacke items by year. It is by year with one stacked column with current an the other with revised data -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try adopting one of the solutions from this page of links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ chefmom < wrote: > Help, My boss has requested a column chart with two different stacked > items by year. It is...

Need formula to add numbers that meet two separate criteria from two separate columns
trying to get a SUMIF function working on an important costing repor Need to get the formula to add numbers that meet two separate criteri from two separate columns, and then only add the details I've onl beenn able to get one criteria working at a time. Also, one of them i a date criteria with month and year. plz let me know how i can work this around.. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com the Sumproduct() function will no doubt do what you want. Start with Going to Help. "mshroff" <mshroff.y9fkm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mshroff.y...

Help with syntax while using the expression builder within a query
I am so hoping someone can help me with something that should be very very easy! I am trying to calculate some dates but, need to find the business day month end dates in order to do the calculations. So, what I now need to do is determine if the Report Date Entered is a business date or not and if not, subtract either 1 or two days depending on the weekday value. This is a question of syntax … and mine is so obviously wrong! But, I just can't figure out where I am going wrong anymore! So basically what I am trying to say is if the current weekday value is 7 or 1 then take th...

send items in outlok express
After a couple of days (sometimes up to 14) My send items box of outlook express is empty. Messages are not in the deleted items. I can't find problems with the harddisk en the other boxes wil nog give any problems. I deleted the send items file in the outlook express map one time, but the problem returns Hi Andr� look under Tools | Options and there is a tab maintenance ( i have only the german version so i dont know the correctly tab name) but please check the options there. Coz you can choose if you want to delete the items after X days. -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noc...

How do I find and replace a question mark in Excel?
I have a range of cells with a single question mark ?, Y or N. I can't filter with the question mark since Excel thinks it's a wild card. I wasn't aware of this when I set up the spreadsheet. So I would like to replace the question marks with something else, but this still presents the same problem. How can I specify that I mean a question mark and not a wild card? Thanks. use ~? instead and this will tell Excel to look for a ? as a ? and not as a wildcard. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 9...

Finding merged cells #2
Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire need of a solution... I seem to have a problem due to cells in a worksheet being merged, how can i identify these cells? Many thanks, Rick Excel version? If you have 2002 or 2003 you can use Edit, Find, Format (and specify merged cells), Find All. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:385u2aF5kslgkU1@individual.net... | Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire | need of a solution... | | I seem to have a problem d...

"Reply to" address different to user address
Hello from Spain. In an Exchange Server 2003 installation, I need to set up several users with a common address (i.e., department address). There is no problem to receive messages (I can redirect messages from that account to their mailboxes), but the problem is that, externally, the users have no personal address, but a common address. I'm looking for a way to set up something like a "Reply to" address for them, but I do not find the way to do it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, -- Francisco Varona de Miguel Analista de Sistemas Eurosistemas Inform�ticos y Comunicaciones,...

How to Move Two Dialogs at Once
Hello, One of my work's project specifications is to allow users to move two Dialog boxes together so when a user moves one box, the other one moves together with the first. This is what I am trying to do: 1) Create OnMove() event //Import a function to create a Second Dialog extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) long CallDlg(); //Import a function to move a Second Dialog extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) long CallDlg2(int x, int y); void CSvg::OnMove(int x, int y) { //Detect if a user selected two-dialogs move option if (m_attach) { ...

Advanced Find
Here is what i am doing. ' Right click on a mail folder, click "Advanced Find", enter some search words that you know will return results, click the "Find Now" button. It will produce some results. click the "Find Now" button" again. and there are no results. (empties previous results). I am using outlook 2000. Why is that? ...

technical support for outlook express
Every time I click on outlook express an error message comes up saying "outlook express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----...

faq
Hi, There is RoundRect() function in mfc. Now I want to combine 3 rect into one region, it becomes to a polygon. Is there have RoundPolygon() function? Surely its inner corner shoulde be draw round too. So far as I know there is no built in command for that, but you could build your own using a series of other available commands. This article sort of does that: http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=1400 http://www.codeproject.com/system/remoteprogramexec.asp Tom "fcvcnet" <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote in message news:uJGW8sJVGHA.5468@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, >...

different budget categories for single account
We have two budget ID defined on our GP: Budget10 and Budget10 frx. I need to check the budget amount for the account lets say 11-222-333 account. Which categories should I use or is there any way to tell which categories it is using for budget calculation. The account exists in both budget categories. Not quite sure what you are asking. In what window or report are you checking the Budget amount? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com ...

how do I find out how to delete a macro from a document
I have a dot (document template) that has created a file for me and I have save the resulting document as a ".doc" not a ".dot" Now everytime I try and open up the doc it asks me if I want to enable macros or disable macros.. is there anyway to delete the link from the dot to doc that it created? Hi Doman You can change the link from the .doc to its template using Tools > Templates and Add-ins. If you don't want the document to be attached to any specific template, attach it to Normal.dot. If you do this you will also lose access to any toolbars, AutoTexts and ...

How do I find files that are Permenately deleted in Outlook?
I have accidently deleted some messages that I had put in folders in Outlook. I checked the recover my deleted Items folder but its only giving me recent deletions. I tried looking for info on where the files go and found tout that they go too a .pst file. I can't open this file because it asks me to browse a program to open it. Any Ideas? Restore from your backup? otherwise msgs are gone! "Jez838" <Jez838@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:903673DF-B5D1-49EF-B22F-B1B31113FBC5@microsoft.com... > I have accidently deleted some messages that I had put i...

Sorting different strings of text
I'm trying to sort a column of text separtated by commas, where the same strings may not always be in the same order within the cells. I'm trying to run a pivot off these codes, but I'll probably double the size of the chart if I can't sort. ie pr905,m806,pr903, pr905,pr903,m806, pr903,pr902, pr902,pr903, M807,PR903, PR903,M807, I'd appreciate any help-- Thanks in advance, Jake You could use TEXT TO COLUMNS to split out the strings You may have to do a global search and replace for spaces Sort the results (from left to right) Concatenate them back together with =A1 &...

WSS site with two names, how??
We need to set up a new WSS server such that it can be seen by its new name AND its old name. That is we want http://oldname and http://newname to point to the same Sharepoint - 80 site. How do we do this?? AAM or IIS host headers?? We will want the index and search and etc. to all point to //newname. This is a standalone single-server install with WSS and SQL on the same server, also Reporting Services and Search Server Express. Thank you... ------=_NextPart_0001_8F07B47F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Step one will be to make sure the new name resolve...

faq initialize CList
Hi, I have a member viarable of CList<CPoint,CPoint&> m_pointlist in Class Segment. Should I have to initialize the m_pointlist in Segment constructur? Thanks. The CList has a constructor with a default parameter (block size = 10). If that number satisfies you, you do not need to worry about initialization. Otherwise, follow this syntax: class Segment { private: CList<CPoint, CPoint&> m_pointList; public: Segment() : m_pointList( 100 ) // Place your own number instead of 100... { } } or class Segment { private: CList<CPoint, CPoint&> m_point...

How best to find out who did what when
I'm trying to satisfy the boss who wants the ability to find out "who did what when" on our DBs. Essentially this request is calling for 24x7 monitoring. Any advice out there please? Should I profile (and if so what events etc) or poll sysprocesses in an indefinite loop? Are there any other options? Thanks from an accidental DBA. nzrdb6 (alex.campbell@sqltechconsulting.co.uk) writes: > I'm trying to satisfy the boss who wants the ability to find out "who > did what when" on our DBs. Essentially this request is calling for > 24x7 monitoring. Any ...

restore of exchange database onto different hardware?
We have a tape backup from a domain controller/Exchange 2000 server that we need to restore ONE user's contact folder from. The backup was made using Veritas BackupExec. What is the best method of doing this? I'd rather not install another Exchange Server on the domian if possible, I was hoping to do this completely seperate and apart from the good, working domain. I tried 2 was of doing this: 1 - install a fresh copy of Windows 2000, Exchange 2000, Veritas BackupExec, installing AD on the server with the same domain name, admin password, etc. as the original server. Tried ...