Extracting Data #2

Dear All,

I need a help on data extracting...

I have a data abt 12 col and 40 rows with header in each col.
the header like --- Inv no, Inv Dt, Customer Name, amount, chq no
Chq
date etc....

there are mutiple records (ie. rows) for a customer, i want to lis
all
the records / rows pertining to a customer and make report in a diff
worksheet.

I can do this using advance filter, but if i change the the custome
name resepective rows will not get changed dynamically,
again i have to do the whole process of advance filter..

cud u plz suggest same other method so that records are dynamicall
changes once i select the customer

Thanx in advance.

regds
CN

--
chinaprasa
chinaprasad's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=862

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I don't like separating my data into different worksheets.  I'd use
Data|filter|autofilter and filter to show whatever customer I wanted to see.

But if you really need to extract to new worksheets, I'd steal some code from
Debra Dalgleish's site:

Look for:

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- creates a list of unique items,
creates a sheet for each item, then replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 46 kb

and

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 05:28:23 -0500, chinaprasad
<chinaprasad.1cvnjz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I need a help on data extracting...
>
> I have a data abt 12 col and 40 rows with header in each col.
> the header like --- Inv no, Inv Dt, Customer Name, amount, chq no,
> Chq
> date etc....
>
> there are mutiple records (ie. rows) for a customer, i want to list
> all
> the records / rows pertining to a customer and make report in a diff
> worksheet.
>
> I can do this using advance filter, but if i change the the customer
> name resepective rows will not get changed dynamically,
> again i have to do the whole process of advance filter..
>
> cud u plz suggest same other method so that records are dynamically
> changes once i select the customer
>
> Thanx in advance.
>
> regds
> CNP

extracting icons
Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? Take a look at the ExtractIcon[Ex]() API Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- <davegreb@gpxinc.com> wrote in message news:c6c54da6-574c-4c8e-8ec9-3b77b99a5523@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? ...

sort data
i am trying, unsuccessfullty, to sort some data (a small example is below) so I can graph it. I want to put it into a pivot table format but don't want calculations, just the actual data. any ideas??/ Location DATE Result WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 19-Jul-05 0.83 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 23-Jun-05 0.8 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 28-May-05 1.16 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 02-May-05 0.93 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 06-Apr-05 0.66 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 11-Mar-05 0.59 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 13-Feb-05 0.54 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 18-Jan-05 0.62 WAT002WA ALBANY TOP 09-Mar-07 0.73 ...

Matching call data based on date, time and number called to give c
I have the following two tables on different sheets, both containing other information within them that is irrelevant in my question. SHEET 1 Date - Time - Number Called Duration Cost 01/02/10 09:05:21 01234123456 02:16 0.50 SHEET 2 Date - Time Number Called - Duration Extension 01/02/10 09:07:56 01234123456 02:15 1234 01/02/10 15:30:45 01234123456 01:59 1234 Sheet 2 HAS A LOT MORE RECORDS THAN SHEET 1 AND THERE ARE A NUMBER OF CALLS TO THE SAME NUM...

extracting totals from within a spreadsheet
I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet --where two conditions/catogories must apply so that a third column where i have inputed hours, will total for those conditions only... can anyone help? Please spell out what you want we are not mind readers -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jovetta" <Jovetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91442C6D-03DF-4FC1-A069-AAB43FA57485@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet > --where two condi...

CRM 1.2 Too Slow to be usuable
This application is just to slow to be usable in a production environment. If a user has not done a query recently, it takes 2-3 minutes to bring up data. This makes it useless, for all intents and purposes, live while on the phone. Do you have any third party tools added to CRM? "John" wrote: > This application is just to slow to be usable in a production environment. > > If a user has not done a query recently, it takes 2-3 minutes to bring up > data. > This makes it useless, for all intents and purposes, live while on the phone. > Nope. This is an out-o...

Acrobat Reader #2
When opening acrobat reader, it asks for the microsoft publisher 2003 cd. When you insert the cd the file it is looking for cannot be found. I think the file name is sku019.cab or something very similar. This is getting to be very annoying. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. The exact error would be preferable to an almost. Reinstall the Reader. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charles" <chubbard@mh2.com> wrote in message news:1a03a01c44d94$34e46b60$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When opening acrobat read...

Sumif() help #2
Gurus, I'm stuck with this formula. I have a spreadsheet with two tabs. On one is a list of Standard Window Types in different houses and the quantity of that type of window for that house. The Window type can be repeated many times with different quantities. On my second tab I have a list of all the unique windows listed only once. I want to know the frequency that a window is used in all these projects. I'm using =SUMIF(Quantity!$A$2:$A$1567,Usage!A2,Quantity!$B$2:$B$1567). The funny thing is I've got a total of 3,213 windows in these projects but the sum if returns a ...

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

data migration of cdf tables to crm
hi, i am trying to implement crm for an organisation. the cdf tables for both accounts and contacts are ready and data is present int he info tables.but the next step of migration is not happening. executing the migration.exe tool shows process completed in the log but verifying the migration_info table shows "not processed" against the corresponding rows.it is not showing any errors but still not migrating. please help. i can use all the help i could get. thank you. "Yamini.P.S" <Yamini.P.S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94FD56E3-3B28-43D...

Appending data in cells that utilize a Dropdown list.
Hello all, I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list. Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I cannot append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can enter more than one in a cell from the dd list? -- Thanks, Geek using Office XP Professional Hi Geek Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook showing how to do this http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html...

etransfers from U.S. bank #2
Starting August 7th MS money stopped making transfers between accounts at US Bank. US Bank states that there is nothing they can do because the transfer request is not being sent by MS Money. My screen shows the envelope with blue lighting opject telling me the transactions are pending. However the right click option allowing me to cancel the transaction does not appear on the menu. I am manually making the transfer. ...

sending data to com port
Hello, I am using VC++ 6.0 (of Visual studio 6.0) How can I send data to com port via VC++ code ? Need sample code, please. Thanks :) See this article on codeproject..it covers up most of the stuff... http://www.codeproject.com/system/serial_com.asp - Parhar "Eitan" <no_spam_please@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uVpJFP87DHA.1804@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I am using VC++ 6.0 (of Visual studio 6.0) > How can I send data to com port via VC++ code ? > Need sample code, please. > > Thanks :) > > See the "CSerial" class from Tom...

queries which pull data in multiple "rows" in one table and compar
I have a project to complete where the end user wants me to write several queries which pull data in multiple "rows" in one table and compare them to data in another using access. He also needs a report written based on the findings of which data meets certain criteria within those queries. I think the report part will be pretty easy, but can someone give me some suggestions on what would be the best way to create the queries in access? Thanks Da Chosen One On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:22:01 -0800, Da Chosen One <Da Chosen One@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You...

Chart Title #2
Is it possible to refer back to a cell for part or all of the Chart Title? Also, is the same possible when naming worksheets? righlcick chart-click sorucedata. choose series-,in the existing series go to the line<name> click the icon and click the cell where the name is located hit enter and click ok . now see the chart. is the new title shown? you can also write a vba reg sheetname you can add this code statement in vba activesheet.name=range("I3") I3 is cell where the name is located. LDanix <LDanix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4605EF37-117B...

Data............Group
if I group columns and hide the columns with the + is it possible to give the diferent groups names where they are listed at the top left 1, 2, 3. Not quite sure what you want, but maybe.... View|Custom Views would allow you to hide/show the groups the way you want. Esrei wrote: > > if I group columns and hide the columns with the + is it > possible to give the diferent groups names where they are > listed at the top left 1, 2, 3. -- Dave Peterson ...

Fill text boxes with data from another text box
I have a form that has two sections. Section 1 has orginator name, address, city state, zip. Section two has owner name, address, city, state, and zip. If orginator and owner are the same, I want to just hit a button or check mark to copy data from section one to section two. Can this be done, and how would you do it. Thanks for your help- Porkchop. Porkchop, To copy data from one control (and, hence, field, if the form control source is set to the name of a field in the form's underlying record source), put the following in the AfterUpdate event procedure of the checkbox: If ...

data points #3
I have a scatter chart with the following info : sales price, square footage, and subdivision. With the x and y axis being sales price and square footage. There are some entries where i will have several sales in one subdivision and i would like all those points to show up in the same color. How do i get several points to show up in the same color instead of excel assigning each entry a new label? Include all the related points in the same data series, rather than as a different data series for each point. -- David Biddulph "affordablegreen" <affordablegreen@discussion...

Pivot issue #2
Greetings everyone, I am just not able to get the pivot to give me % of column subtotals When I do it with one variable I get the right numbers like this : 2007 2008 2009 A John 80% 75% 60% Pat 20% 25% 40% Now when I add another variable B I get it as 2007 2008 2009 A John 20% 20% 15% Pat 20% 30% 20% B Emily 30% 30% 30% Jane 30% 20% 35% I would like to have A and B to have their own percentages and not the percentage of the entire column. Would really appreciate if any one could point out where I am missing out or bluntly help me get over this :) basically like this 2007 200...

Compile data from several workbooks
I have multiple workbooks for different projects. they are all in separate sub folders. Within each wookbook is a worksheet I call Bug. The Bug sheet pulls the data from that workbook which I need in a separate master workbook. I want to pull the data from every Bug worksheet into my master workbook without having to open each file to force it to update. I can do it cell by cell using a direct link but that is a lot of work. I have compiled a list of each workbook including the path. I can use that path and get the data using =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(2,3,,,F3) where F3 is the path. ...

extracting individual numbers from "ranges"
I'm trying to get EXCEL to extract stock prices quoted in individual cells as 52-week ranges --e.g. 11.76-19.90-- and do the following calculation: (higher price - lower price)/lower price Obviously, this a problem because each cell appears to handle the range as text or something. Is there are way to get EXCEL to handle the "text" (or however else it is interpreting what's in the cell) as individual numbers? Great thanks for any help. Hi do your entries always look like lower_number-higher_number if yes you may try the following formula in the adjacent row (lets assum...

Query and Extract
Hello all, This seems basic, but I just cannot get it. While using SQL Server 2005 and the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I created a database called AssetQuote. Inside I have on table called assetquotes. From there, I have three columns, (date, quote, author) The column type for date is datetime and the other two are just text. My Query is something this: INSERT INTO AssetQuote (date, quote, author) VALUES('052010','No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.', 'Aesop'); When I run the query I get this result: Msg 208, ...

Recovering Data from MDBDATA
My Server is now not up... As My Global Catalogue Server just crashed. I tried level best to make another but whole effort just was a waste.... Problem is now I have made another server with New Domain. (New One) . How can I retrive mails from MDBData File of the Previus Server. -- Zeshan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.webservertalk.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1020038.html www.ontrack.com/powercontrols -- John Oliver, Jr...

extracting hours from a sum of time
I have a cell which sum a bunch of cells containing an elapsed time. The sum totals to more than 24 hours. I have to a cell with a cost per hour and I need to caclculate the total cost. The problem is that the hour function returns values in the range of 0-24. My current sum is 25:30 and the hour function return 1 and not 25. Any ideas how to bypass it? It "returns" the correct number, but doesn't show. Format Custom as [h]:mm and it will. To convert to a number that you can multiply with an hourly rate, first multiply by 24; times in Excel are fractions of a day and a day is s...

Repeat data from previous records in a form
I am creating a a form for data entry and want to know if there is a way to repeat data in fields from the previous record (or default to previous record). For example, I user has 100 entries - I would like to set up the form so they do not have to enter their ID each time they enter a record. When you hold the ctrl key and click the apostrophe key ' access copies the contents of the same field from the previous record. This assumes that the new record immediately follows the old record so you may have to sort the source table and requery it after each time a new record is inserted...