Extract some fields from a Row to a column

Hi!

Apreciate your help in advance.

This is my problem I have a Database w/ four columns but in my firs
column  starts row A, Co. Name, RowB  Address, Row C Phone #. I
Columns # 3 and 4  have their City Name ,State Zip Code respectivibly

I'll like to put this rows in columns.

Thanks  VicV

PS From Sunny South Florid

--
Vic
VicV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1463

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
not really sure how your data looks like. Row A is somehow unclear.
Could you post some rows of example data

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14636
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)

too many fields defined
I am getting a too many fields defined error when attempting to add 5 different queries into 1... what is happening? No table or query can output more than 255 fields. Also, all the data in any record has to fit into the page buffer (4kb in current versions.) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Jeff Kaufman" <JeffKaufman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09B02B8B-A131-4D1A-A6E9-BB91CEC54877@microsoft.com....

Updating a field based on criteria
Hi, I had this before, but cant figure it out now. Say we have a database that has a RecordID(Primary), COLLARID(Multiple), LOCATION(NUMBERS), DATE, NOTES(text) Example... RecordID, COLLARID, LOCATION, DATE, NOTES 001,112,64.112X97.152,16/03/2010,BLANK 002,112,64.115X97.155,17/03/2010,BLANK 003,112,64.119X97.155,18/03/2010,BLANK 004,115,60.295X97.000,15/03/2010,BLANK 005,115,60.302X97.005,17/03/2010,BLANK 006,115,60.305X97.007,18/03/2010,BLANK As you can see above, the NOTES Field is all blank. What I hope to achieve is a function or query that will take a look at my dat...

Need subreport column headers to repeat when data goes onto next p
Hello, I've a subreport that has columns of data. I need the column headers to repeat when the data spills onto the next page so that users will know the type of data they are viewing. How can I do this? Thank you for the help, Where are the headers currently placed? Placing them in the Page Header section should automatically put them on top of each page. They are in the subreport headers as there are multiple subreports comprising the main report. I've a different header for the page header that I need to be repeated; it works well. "ghetto_banjo" ...

column to row
hi I have a lot of data in one column in access. I would like to have all this data on the one column to be on one row. Tried to copy it to excel and transpose but the data is too long to transpose. Any ideas. i have over 200k rows and want to list it on one line. thanks. t wrote: >I have a lot of data in one column in access. I would like to have all this >data on the one column to be on one row. Tried to copy it to excel and >transpose but the data is too long to transpose. Any ideas. i have over 200k >rows and want to list it on one line. How do you expe...

Gridview control to XML only want one column ???

view field properties
Is it possible to override the priveleges given in the properties assigned by a security role for a single field or tab? Example: my sales force (selesperson security role) will have access to the Account records, but I wolud like to hide a couple of fields on the general tab and a new tab created on the Account form. Is it possible to give access to these fields/tab to the sales manager only? (like in all std. Microsoft Business Solutions ERP systems). Thanks! J Currently Microsoft CRM does not have any for of "field level security". This is true for form Tabs as well. There a...

Deleting rows
I have a question, I have a spreadsheet which contains two columns of text which are b and c and 7 columns of numbers and formulas which are d-j, there are some rows on which I will have nothing but zeros and blank cells, I would like to make a macro which would delete all the rows if there are any empty/zeros within columns d-j. Thank you. Joe Diaz Wrote Clarification please. Do you want to delete the row even if there is only one empty/zero cell in the row... or do you want to delete the row only when all seven cells for the row in D through J are empty/zero? -- Rick (M...

1. Selecting field with "enter"; 2. permanently accepting macros
I have recently upgraded to Access 2007 and two characteristics of my former database are not coming through & I want to get them back. First, in Access 2003, I had set it up so that if I hit "enter" the entire field would be selected. Now "enter" causes the cursor to jump to the next field. How can I change this? Secondly, In my database forms, I had incorporated buttons. Now, each time I open the database, I am given a warning about macros and I have to manually tell the program that the macros are trusted. Unfortunately, Access doesn't accept this an...

load an unbound from a bound field in a subform
Hello I have been finding it difficult to load an unbound field with the data from a bound field in a subform. I have a concatinated field in the table that I wanted to break out into seperate fields in the form and also allow those new fields to be edited . When I tried to load the unbound fields in the current event of the sub form the first record was ok but each additional record had the same data as the first record. What am I doing wrong. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

CListCtrl row height
Hi! Is it possible to change the height of the rows in a CListCtrl control created with the LVS_LIST style? I'm looking for something like CListCtrl::SetIconSpacing() that works the LVS_LIST style. Thanks Since it seems you don't get any answers, I'll throw in my 2 cents. I read about a hack once, which should be able to do it. IIRC, it was something like creating an magelist with a blank image, and then SetImageList to the list control. -- Bjarne Nielsen "Boti" <jboti@integrasoft.ro> skrev i en meddelelse news:c09401c3b9aa$13253410$a601280a@phx.gbl... > ...

copmare cotents of two columns and return dissimilar values
Hi All, I want to compare the contents of column A with Coulmn B and to get dissimilar values. I will be thankful for your kind information. In cell C1 enter =if(A1=B1,"","dissimilar") and copy down -- Gary's Student "Shaukat Hussain" wrote: > Hi All, > > I want to compare the contents of column A with Coulmn B and to get > dissimilar values. > I will be thankful for your kind information. ...

Select Subset of Rows/Cols
I was given an Excel Spreadsheet (v2003) and asked to let the user print subsets of data. Is there a way to print out a subset of columns and rows (like using a SQL statement)? SELECT Name, Age FROM xxx WHERE State = 'CA' For example: Given: Name State Age Height Weight Bob CA 23 5'9" 160 Sam CA 26 6'0" 195 Bill NV 44 5'8" 170 Curt MN 35 6'2" 210 John CA 38 5'11" 200 Print: Bob 23 Sam 26 John 38 I am somewhat familiar with Macros (although not Excel) and SQL. It would also be alright just to copy the data t...

Printing Outlook Column Width
I'm using Outlook 2000. How do you adjust the column widths when printing the task view? The task view widths on the screen do not match the printer view or the printout ...

Deleting specific cells in a selected row
I want to write a subroutine which will delete specific cells in a row. For example, if the active cell is A13, I want the macro to delete cells B13 through E13, and also cells H13 through M13. Your help is appreciated. Jeff Do you want to delete the cells, or just clear them? Public Sub DeleteCells() With ActiveCell Union(.Offset(0, 1).Resize(1, 4), _ .Offset(0, 7).Resize(1, 6)).Delete Shift:=xlToLeft End With End Sub Public Sub ClearCells() With ActiveCell Union(.Offset(0, 1).Resize(1, 4), _ ...

Disable Date/time field OnLoad
Hi Chaps Quick question, which I would be most grateful if anyone could help with. I am trying to disable a date/time field as part of a form OnLoad. However although the field is greyed out I am still able to populate data into the field and save the date on a save. The code I am using is crmForm.all.new_mydate.disabled=true; Is it just that this method does not work on a date/time field?.... or have I missed something. Thanks in advance John Hi, Could you try it with crmForm.all.new_mydate.Disabled=true; Could be you need a 'capital' D! Best regards, Merijn van Mourik...

Delete all rows where there is no entry in Column 'C'
Dear Experts: I got a multi-column, mulit-row table with numerous data records. Some records do not have any entry in Column 'C'. I now would like to be able via a macro to delete all records that do not have any entry in Column C. How is this achieved? Thank you very much in advance for your great help. Regards, Andreas Public Sub DeleteRowOnCell() Set coltocheck =3D Columns(3) 'if you want user-selectable column use inputbox 'Set coltocheck =3D Application.InputBox(prompt:=3D _ ' "Select A Column", Type:=3D8) ...

VBA code to sum a row: syntax needed
I've got some code going, and need to perform a function if the sum of cells between columns DZ and EP on every row exceeds zero. What is the code to sum a range? Range("dz" & selection.row).value + Range("ea" & selection.row).value + etc is too cumbersome. What's the better way? Thanks! One way: Sub test() With Selection Range("dx" & .Row) = WorksheetFunction.Sum _ (Range("dz" & .Row & ":ep" & .Row)) End With End Sub Regards Trevor <slingsh0t@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1121...

find values from column and place it in individual
How to get all value for a particular cell value such that it appear in individual columns (assuming that the max. points is 10) code points1 points2 point3 point4 point5 yuui 10.00 60.00 85.00 90.00 mnhj 20.00 40.00 80.00 eeew 20.00 30.00 70.00 original A B 1 CODE POINTS 2 abc 45.00 3 yuui 85.00 4 abcd 15.00 5 mnhj 40.00 6 abce 30.00 7 azxc 60.00 8 yuui 10.00 9 eeew 20.00 10 rtyu 2.00 11 mnhj 80.00 12 tyhj 25.00 13 ujyn 45.00 ...

field duplication

Combination with Column & Stacked Column
Is it possible to create a combination chart with column and stacked column groupings? For each month, I would like to compare total expected vacation time-off (columns) with actual vacations (stacked column showing annual vacations, special vacations, leiu days, etc.). I can combine the stacked columns with lines, points, or areas, but I would like to compare columns side by side. Is there a way? Thanks. James - You can fake it by making a stacked column chart of carefully arranged data. There is a tutorial showing this technique on Bernard Liengme's site: http://www.stfx...

CRM Link field only accepts weblinks
The CRM data type of Text -> Link does not accept links other than http:// or https:// and automatically prepends http:// making it useless for links such as file locations such as //server/file.doc ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microso...

How can I highlight a cell or row or column in excell 2007?
I am using excell 2007 beta and wanted to highlight a row so I can organize the group/s in each different colour, but I could not find the highlight. How can I find the highlight, please? The cell and text colour dialogs look the same, and can be found on the Home tab, and the Font group. -- --- HTH Bob (change the xxxx to gmail if mailing direct) "privateicon" <privateicon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE787B8F-7299-4263-BD6B-D41ED112C6C9@microsoft.com... >I am using excell 2007 beta and wanted to highlight a row so I can organize > the grou...

how do I lock a field in a form and use for look up value only?
How do I lock a field in a form, yet still be able to look up value in this field? Could you define your terms a bit more? I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish... Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no guarantee as to suitability. You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disc...

Merging Multiple Rows into One Row
I currently have a project of about 11,000 rows that essentially should be about 3,300 rows. the data is looks something like this: Company Mon Tues Wed ABC 24 ABC 32 ABC 16 I would like it to look like this: Company Mon Tues Wed ABC 24 32 16 Is there an easy way to merge the unneeded cells and make it one row instead of three for the same company? Thanks micahjday@gmail.com wrote: > I currently have a project of about 11,000 rows that essentially > should be ab...

Counting Selected/Highlighted Rows
Need to modify this maco to not count hidden rows. For example if seven rows of ten rows in question are hidden, I need the macro to count only the three visible on screen. Also, if no rows were hidden, and all ten were selected (highlighted), the macro should count ten. In other words, it should count only what is selected/visible on screen. Sub CountHighlightedRows() MsgBox "Rows Selected: " & Selection.Rows.Count End Sub Not sure if I understand, but try this: Sub fj() Dim x As Long x = Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Count MsgBox...