External Data problem #2

Hi

I want to import data from my Access Database into Excel .  The problem is
that the query it gets the info from you need to enter a start date and a
finish date.  When I try to import I get the error message to few
parameters.   Any ideas?  I do need to keep the data specific between two
dates.

Many thanks
Steve

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

This usually happens if one of the field names are incorrect or some
slight error in the syntax of the query. Have you removed/renamed a
column in your database, and not corrected it in your query?

--
Gary Brown
Gary Brown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17084

File open from Windows Explorer fails after Get External Data
Using Excel 97, is anyone aware of a problem where, after having "got external data" from a SQL database into a spreadsheet, an Excel file will not open from Windows Explorer. I receive no error messages, the open simply does nothing. The only way of opening files is by using the File Open within Excel or closing Excel and re opening all files without "getting external data" at any time. Many thanks Fred Newton Zurich Financial Services Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again...

How do I print only 2 corresponding pages in a multi-page booklet
Can print the front/back cover as a single page in Publisher. When I print the inside front & back covers [single page], it prints but then wants to continue printing the next two-page series. If I click "Yes" on making the print job a separate booklet, it prints pages 2 [inside front cover] & page 3. This happens both in "view" & "actual" views. Way to select specific page range [like in MSWord] like pages 2 & 31? Or how to print every other page layout for a single sided printer so the pages can be turned over to refeed & print on the ...

Entity Relationships #2
I have created three new entities that have child relationships to a Case with CRM 4.0. By default the relationship was set to Referential. I set the relationship to parental because I want all the child records deleted if the case is deleted. After making this change, I get an error whenever I try to delete a case. After looking in the Event Viewer there is an ASP.NET 2.0 error. There is nothing that I can get from the error that links me to any issue. The error is pretty long so I don't want to post it here. When I switch the relationship back to Referential, I am able to d...

SBS Backup problem
Hi, I have a customer box - SBS2003. The overnight backup is just failing, the logs say nothing. A manual backup works fine. The entry in the log is below: "11/02/2010 23:30 ------------------------------- Date: 11/02/2010 Time: 23:30 User: SYSTEM ------------------------------- Backup Runner started. Launching NTBackup: ntbackup.exe backup "@C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Backup\Small Business Backup Script.bks" /d "SBS Backup created on 11/02/2010 at 23:30" /v:yes /r:no /rs:no /hc:off /m normal /j "Small Busines...

Compatibility #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) We use MS Office on both PC and Mac in our office and have massive problems opening up Office Documents on the Mac that were put together on PC's, the formatting gets totally messed up, how do I get around this ? In article <59b777c9.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, <David_Marriott@officeformac.com> wrote: > We use MS Office on both PC and Mac in our office and have massive problems > opening up Office Documents on the Mac that were put together on PC's, the > formatting gets totally messed up, how do I get a...

import data from a text file
See attached text file. What I am trying to do is to get the data fro the 10m sample at each hour, when importing it into excel I find no way to ge the 24 samples - one for each whole hour. These are daily files, and I would like to plot the current hour b hour. Untill now I have been scanning the file and entering it into Excel manually but that gets very boring after a while, anyone can help?? rgds Johnn +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: ESCSUM04.txt |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment...

Exporting/Formatting External Data?
Looking for some good tips on how to do this more efficiently. My main problem is how to quickly format row labels with spaces. In brief, here's how I do it, which, admittedly, involves drudgery. For a table in, say, .pdf format, I copy the table into an MS Word document. Then, doing a search-and-replace, I substitute semicolons for the spaces in order to de-limit the data prior to exporting it into Excel. Of course, this also inserts semicolons between the words in the row labels, e.g., "Number;of;things." I then manually delete the semicolons--and the spaces they occupy--...

Using External/Non External Data
I have a workbook that has data imported through an iqy file in column A through F. Columns G through Z have data that is not an iqy file just regular data entry by the user. The problem is that when you use "refresh" data to import newly adde rows, the data does not stay consistent with the row. Columns through F will update, but the data in columns G through G will no stay with the follow the data in the column. Is there a way to anchor a row of data? Example: Column A will have a name, created by the iqy file. Column G will hav a date, not updated by the iqy file, but ma...

Event ID 8270 #2
All, We are running Exchange 2000 SP3. We do have 2 domains; domain.com running in mixed mode & native.domain.com running in native mode. The Exchange servers are in the mixed mode domain. When we create a universal security group, the system logs event ID 8270: (LDAP returned the error [41] Object Class Violation when importing the transaction....) Any help would be highly appreciated. Olivier Olivier <Olivier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are running Exchange 2000 SP3. >We do have 2 domains; domain.com running in mixed mode & native.domain.com >runnin...

Filtering data to different worksheets
Hi all, I'm sue this should be really simple to do but I'm struggling to get i to work. I have a list of account numbers and who has keyed each one on. I want to filter down the list so that I have a seperate worksheet fo each person with all of the account numbers (plus other columns of inf ie. address, phone number) that they have done. I've tried vlookup but that, obviously, only looks up the 1st accoun number. Can anyone point out what I'm missing? Thank -- jappe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- japper's Profile: http://www...

2 Damaged fies
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have 1 xlsx file and 1 xls file which does not open in Leopard 10.5.8..They were placed in the Dock. <br> When I started the computer both the files had a big ?. I get the error message when trying to open the files in Leopard using Excel 2008 for the Mac: &quot;Excel cannot open this file. The file might have been damaged or modified from it's original format.&quot; <br> I have tried to upload in Google doc's and to open in Numbers. No result. <br> Who has other suggestion to...

SMTP Problems (all of a sudden).
Figured it out. It's a malicious script called msoffice.hta. My Norton found it and stopped it. FYI to anyone having this problem. ...

Accesing Business Portal 2.5 outside the intranet
We have install Business Portal 2.5 and Great Plains 8.0. The customer is planning to enter time reports and expenses from outside the company premises. I would like to know my options to configure this type of connection without using VPN, since the employees work on other companies that block this type of connection. We would like to configure the application to publish the Web Portal Page directly on the internet. What is needed for this type of configuration? As you know, the biggest issue is security. People that use BP need a Windows account. A VPN makes that connection m...

Unique data in column or row in Excel
I have a problem with posibility of repeating data in column. Of course this is normal behaviour of Excel, but I need to assure unique data in column. Is there a way to do this without an extra effort? Hi Ali, Try to use this formula in Data/Validation/Custom: =ISERROR(MATCH(A1,INDIRECT("A1:A"&CELL("row",A1)-1),0)) Regards, Stefi „Ali” ezt írta: > I have a problem with posibility of repeating data in column. Of course this > is normal behaviour of Excel, but I need to assure unique data in column. Is > there a way to do this without an extra effo...

prevent external email
Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from receiving external email? Thanks, Jeff Yes. What version of Exchange? jeff wrote: > Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from > receiving external email? > > Thanks, > Jeff This is assuming you have Exch 2k3. Open ESM Expand Org Expand Global Settings Properties of Message Delivery Recipient Filtering Tab Add Email Address *This will block emails from anonymous conections. Anyone who auth's to send mail to this email will pass throught which should be the desired result. Thanks, Chad "jeff" wro...

Network problem
I have Access 2000 on a peer to peer network on Windows XP with the back end on my colleague's computer. Until ten days ago I could open a form linked to the back end from my computer, but now I always get the message 'It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. ' I have found that the problem does not apply to other programs such as Word and Excel, and when I tried opening another mdb in a different folder I got a message that it is outside my intranet or on an untrusted site.. I have raised this before and was advised to look...

Problem copying Filter made from ComboBox
A2K My code copies the Filter property from one form, to apply to a Report. The idea is that user filters the records in the form, then hits the Report button to get a report of those records. It works fine, except when the user filters on one of the fields that is a combo box. What happens, is that a parameter dialog pops-up asking for something like: Lookup_cboName.Name when really it needs the NameID Nothing typed in the parameter dialog box seems to work. Can the Filter be copied and used correctly in the Report when the user filters directly on the form? from a combobox? -Brad ...

Problem with calendar
We have IS status meeting every week and it is scheduled in Outlook. It is only two of us and I was invited and accepted the meeting. There is a Word document that I prepare and print 2 copies for each of us. The idea is to keep the word document attached to every meeting with corresponding content. We also keep the hard copy. I don't want to change the document on my computer and then attach it to the meeting. I would like to attach it to the first meeting and then keep adding things to it on every future meeting. I have tested it, but once you change it is the same for future and past me...

Java Data into Excel?
In trying to get live data into an Excel database using a web query, I found a streamed source of data. However this is in a java format. It resembles a table, and I was wondering if I could import the data into each respective cell in a spreadsheet, or somehow link a Cell reference to the Java. Any ideas? I have a spreadsheet with all my math and an html page open with my data?!?! Close but no cigar! The java is not in an importable table (as typically required in a web query). THis java is streamed and not limited to the Web-query 'refresh'. Thanks in advance for any ideas/filter...

repeating data
I need to submit a list of locations to our programmer which consists o about 4170 rows. Is there any way to have this list generated by formula since there is a pattern to the repetition. col level slot 39 1 a 39 1 b 39 1 c 39 2 a 39 2 b 39 2 c 41 1 a 41 1 b 41 1 c 41 2 a 41 2 b 41 2 c This is the general format of what I need to submit -- actually for every col there are 10 levels and each ...

sorting data and automatic graphs
i have a large amount of data that is an xy scatter. it is xy data that pertains to many subjects. i need to make a graph for each subject. as of now i make the first one and then cut and paste to a new one, use source data and change the x and y data. this does take me a long time since i have alot of subjects. is there another way to pick my data range and sort by subject to make differenct graphs without cutting/pasting and constantly changes the source data. i tried tinkering with a pivot table but everytime i changed the table, all tables changed. There may be depending on the s...

How do I avoid this problem with rule?
I have a rule that looks for "hot" in the subject and moves that message to a spam folder. The problem is that if photo is in the subject, the rule sees "hot" in the word photo and moves the message. How can I tell the rule to look for complete words? Thanks, Brett Depending on the version of Outlook, you may be able to use the Exception rule. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Brett <myaccount@cygen.com> asked: | I have a rule that looks for ...

How to open 2 profiles in outlook at the same time
Trying to figure if there is a way to open 2 mailboxes in outlook at the same time. 2 seperate profiles. Have 2 separate windows opened with 2 different mailboxes running. "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E85C367-02C1-4FD1-8731-2DC0F447D5DB@microsoft.com... > Trying to figure if there is a way to open 2 mailboxes in outlook at the > same > time. 2 seperate profiles. Have 2 separate windows opened with 2 different > mailboxes running. You can't unless you are using two separate Users and are logged on as each at ...

External Drives...
Two questions: 1. Under disk management, I marked one of my drives 'active'. What does that mean and how do I mark it as not active, as in revert it back to whatever state it was in before - or do I care? 2. This one has been a major annoyance. No matter which USB slot I plug it into or which drive I plug in first, one of my external hard drives always sets to 'J' when I need it permanently 'I'. So annoying! As is, I keep having to change the drive letters and paths each time - 'I' to 'J' and 'J' to 'I' What gives?! ...

Textbox Format as you enter data...
Is there a way to make a userform textbox auto format data while it being entered. I.E. The user is entering a telephone number, they enter the first 3 digits then Parathesis in case these numbers (Area Code), then they enter th next 3 digits, a (-) is inserted afterwards, then they enter the last and tab to exit the field. I guess you can call this active formatting, is there anyway. I ca make the format change when the user exits the textbox, but I want i to format it as they are typing -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...