External Data message

When saving a workbook with a pivot table is there a way to turn off this
message
"This workbook contains external data..."

Yhe only 'exernal data' is on another worksheet in the same workbook.

Why on earth does it have to pop up every time one saves?

Thanks

0
smxdev (2)
7/25/2007 6:51:42 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

File open from Windows Explorer fails after Get External Data
Using Excel 97, is anyone aware of a problem where, after having "got external data" from a SQL database into a spreadsheet, an Excel file will not open from Windows Explorer. I receive no error messages, the open simply does nothing. The only way of opening files is by using the File Open within Excel or closing Excel and re opening all files without "getting external data" at any time. Many thanks Fred Newton Zurich Financial Services Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again...

import data from a text file
See attached text file. What I am trying to do is to get the data fro the 10m sample at each hour, when importing it into excel I find no way to ge the 24 samples - one for each whole hour. These are daily files, and I would like to plot the current hour b hour. Untill now I have been scanning the file and entering it into Excel manually but that gets very boring after a while, anyone can help?? rgds Johnn +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: ESCSUM04.txt |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment...

Trying to leave copy of message on server
Hi, I run Outlook 2002 on 2 computers. When I check the box to "leave a copy of message on the server" (for retrieval on the other computer as well), it unchecks itself when I exit Outlook. Happens on both computers. Any help is appreciated. TIA, Greg ...

Check Message Content in Exchange 2003
Hi All, I know that I can track a Mesage by a user etc using the Tracking on Exchange 2003. My Manager use to have a job that ran in 5.5 that searched the content of mail so we could track any possible racist, pornographic etc etc I know there is the *.log file that we can search for subjects etc. Is there anything I can do or can anyone pointing me in the right direction on finding something. Apoligies if this has been answered but i haven't found it. Thanks Mark ...

Exporting/Formatting External Data?
Looking for some good tips on how to do this more efficiently. My main problem is how to quickly format row labels with spaces. In brief, here's how I do it, which, admittedly, involves drudgery. For a table in, say, .pdf format, I copy the table into an MS Word document. Then, doing a search-and-replace, I substitute semicolons for the spaces in order to de-limit the data prior to exporting it into Excel. Of course, this also inserts semicolons between the words in the row labels, e.g., "Number;of;things." I then manually delete the semicolons--and the spaces they occupy--...

Using External/Non External Data
I have a workbook that has data imported through an iqy file in column A through F. Columns G through Z have data that is not an iqy file just regular data entry by the user. The problem is that when you use "refresh" data to import newly adde rows, the data does not stay consistent with the row. Columns through F will update, but the data in columns G through G will no stay with the follow the data in the column. Is there a way to anchor a row of data? Example: Column A will have a name, created by the iqy file. Column G will hav a date, not updated by the iqy file, but ma...

In Outlook how do I get the Inbox to be above the mail message?
I just had Outlook 2003 installed on my computer & now the Inbox & mail messages are vertical. I would like them to be horizontal with the Inbox above the messages. I'm sure this is simple but I can't find how to do it. Thanks. Ewheeler wrote: > I just had Outlook 2003 installed on my computer & now the Inbox & mail > messages are vertical. I would like them to be horizontal with the Inbox > above the messages. I'm sure this is simple but I can't find how to do it. > Thanks. go to view, reading pane and select bottom... AL ...

Filtering data to different worksheets
Hi all, I'm sue this should be really simple to do but I'm struggling to get i to work. I have a list of account numbers and who has keyed each one on. I want to filter down the list so that I have a seperate worksheet fo each person with all of the account numbers (plus other columns of inf ie. address, phone number) that they have done. I've tried vlookup but that, obviously, only looks up the 1st accoun number. Can anyone point out what I'm missing? Thank -- jappe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- japper's Profile: http://www...

Unique data in column or row in Excel
I have a problem with posibility of repeating data in column. Of course this is normal behaviour of Excel, but I need to assure unique data in column. Is there a way to do this without an extra effort? Hi Ali, Try to use this formula in Data/Validation/Custom: =ISERROR(MATCH(A1,INDIRECT("A1:A"&CELL("row",A1)-1),0)) Regards, Stefi „Ali” ezt írta: > I have a problem with posibility of repeating data in column. Of course this > is normal behaviour of Excel, but I need to assure unique data in column. Is > there a way to do this without an extra effo...

Excel Error Message #4
I use Excel 2000. Getting an error message while trying to do a simple sort ?? 'This Operation Requires The Merged Cells To Be Identically Sized' --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Krispy One (or more) of your cells must be merged with others. Generally, try to avoid using merged cells as it does cause problems such as this. Your best bet is to unmerge the cells concerned and try again. Select the whole range, and go to Format / Cells / Alignment and clear the Merge Cells option. Andy. "Krispy >" <<Krispy.1027a6@excelforum-nospam.com> wrot...

prevent external email
Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from receiving external email? Thanks, Jeff Yes. What version of Exchange? jeff wrote: > Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from > receiving external email? > > Thanks, > Jeff This is assuming you have Exch 2k3. Open ESM Expand Org Expand Global Settings Properties of Message Delivery Recipient Filtering Tab Add Email Address *This will block emails from anonymous conections. Anyone who auth's to send mail to this email will pass throught which should be the desired result. Thanks, Chad "jeff" wro...

Java Data into Excel?
In trying to get live data into an Excel database using a web query, I found a streamed source of data. However this is in a java format. It resembles a table, and I was wondering if I could import the data into each respective cell in a spreadsheet, or somehow link a Cell reference to the Java. Any ideas? I have a spreadsheet with all my math and an html page open with my data?!?! Close but no cigar! The java is not in an importable table (as typically required in a web query). THis java is streamed and not limited to the Web-query 'refresh'. Thanks in advance for any ideas/filter...

repeating data
I need to submit a list of locations to our programmer which consists o about 4170 rows. Is there any way to have this list generated by formula since there is a pattern to the repetition. col level slot 39 1 a 39 1 b 39 1 c 39 2 a 39 2 b 39 2 c 41 1 a 41 1 b 41 1 c 41 2 a 41 2 b 41 2 c This is the general format of what I need to submit -- actually for every col there are 10 levels and each ...

sorting data and automatic graphs
i have a large amount of data that is an xy scatter. it is xy data that pertains to many subjects. i need to make a graph for each subject. as of now i make the first one and then cut and paste to a new one, use source data and change the x and y data. this does take me a long time since i have alot of subjects. is there another way to pick my data range and sort by subject to make differenct graphs without cutting/pasting and constantly changes the source data. i tried tinkering with a pivot table but everytime i changed the table, all tables changed. There may be depending on the s...

External Drives...
Two questions: 1. Under disk management, I marked one of my drives 'active'. What does that mean and how do I mark it as not active, as in revert it back to whatever state it was in before - or do I care? 2. This one has been a major annoyance. No matter which USB slot I plug it into or which drive I plug in first, one of my external hard drives always sets to 'J' when I need it permanently 'I'. So annoying! As is, I keep having to change the drive letters and paths each time - 'I' to 'J' and 'J' to 'I' What gives?! ...

Textbox Format as you enter data...
Is there a way to make a userform textbox auto format data while it being entered. I.E. The user is entering a telephone number, they enter the first 3 digits then Parathesis in case these numbers (Area Code), then they enter th next 3 digits, a (-) is inserted afterwards, then they enter the last and tab to exit the field. I guess you can call this active formatting, is there anyway. I ca make the format change when the user exits the textbox, but I want i to format it as they are typing -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

external access to companyweb not working
Page cannot be displayed. using sbs2k3 with all of the latest service packs, sharepoint, exchange, etc. rww and owa seem to be working fine. https://www.domainname.com:444 not working (internally nor externally) http://companyweb/default.aspx works fine. ran and reran the internet connection wizard, checked all settings in iis, port numbers, etc. I've read and re-read all of the past solutions provided and this is not working for me. Does https;// ipaddress/companyweb work? Ports 4125 444 and 443 open on the router? Tami "Steve" wrote: > ...

Coustom Data storage Location and Backing up and Restoring stuff.
Hi Everyone Got a question, I have my WINDOWS LIVE MAIL store folder located at: D:\Christopher\Stuff To Keep\Application Data\Christopher's Mail I noticed that when I upgraded to Windows 7 ( 5 days ago ) from Windows XP that I just pointed WLM store folder to that D:\Christopher\Stuff To Keep\Application Data\Christopher's Mail closed WLM and then reopened it and magically all of my folders appeared with ALL of the emails in them just like they were. So my question is, if I ever need to reinstall WIN 7 and I get WLM installed and I just point my WLM to that D:...

automatic output from known data
i have 2 spreadsheets of data: 1=english, 2=metric each spreadsheet has 3 columns, with the first column being an ID #. on my output spreadsheet i have 4 blanks. in blank 1 i enter a "1" or "2" for english/metric in blank 2 i enter the ID # i want blanks 3 and 4 to automatically be filled with the other tw numbers from the id#'s row. DATA WORKSHEETS english 1 123.8 9.8 2 122.7 10.3 ... metric 1 1983 9.8 2 1965 10.3 ... OUTPUT WORKSHEET blank 1 = english <----- manual blank 2 = 1 <----- manual blank 3 = 123.8 <---- automatic blank 4 = 9.8 <---- automati ...

Undeliverable messages #4
I seem to have developed a problem with sending messages ... Every so often, seemingly randomly, I compose a message and send it in the normal way only to observe it sitting in the Outbox whilst Outlook attempts to send it. This continues for a few minutes and then I receive an undeliverable message: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'xxxx@yyyy.com' on 22/11/2007 22:44 451 4.3.0 Error: queue file write error XXX YYY on 22/11/2007 22:44 451 4.3.0 Error: queue file write error Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. "Terry Bennett" wrote in message...

External Hard drive 11-29-09
I am looking for a 1 to 1.5TB external hard drive to backup my system on. I do not want it to run backups automatically. What is a good one? Jim Brown(jbrown15@hvc.rr.com This one looks good - good price too: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A3098104&cs=04&c=us&l=en&dgc=BF&cid=7421&lid=197378&acd=10466193-1260291- PS: use free Macrium ( http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp ) for imaging. It is easy to use, fast and works really well. -- whs For 1-2TB drives check: www.ecost.com ...

Exoported data to Excel
When I export data to Excel and it contains $ values, Excel converts the data to "Number stored as text". To perform any math computations, we need to select the option "Convert to number". Is there a way to have CRM export data without converting these numbers to text?" use float instead of money "kathyc" wrote: > When I export data to Excel and it contains $ values, Excel converts the data > to > "Number stored as text". To perform any math computations, > we need to select the option "Convert to number". > ...

Exchange 2003 Cached Mode
I'm getting conflicting information. Anybody know? it's usually in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dallen" <dallen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD04007B-D10F-4DB4-AFF5-CD0F322FE592@microsoft.com... > I'm getting conflicting information. Anybody know? What kind of file is it? I'm sorry if this is a really ridiculous question, but our IT guy at a remote location is insisting that there is no file on the client. Does it appear as a pst file? Thanks for your help. "Su...

Formatting cells for worksheet data transfer
Sheet 1 contains two columns. Each column lists a hockey roster. Column A is the "White" team. Column B is the "Dark" team. There are 22 spots consisting of regulars and numerous substitutes. Any one player may appear on "White or "Dark" from week to week. At the bottom of the rosters will appear the score from a given nights game. On Sheet 2 is a list of all players (regulars and all subs) in column A. Column B is "Wins". Column C is "Losses". Column D is "Ties". My question is: how do I format this s...

Data Array Not Calculating???
Hello all, Does anyone know why this formula does not work with range names? {=MAX(IF(NAME=A2,TransAmount,""))} This works fine however, I have to adjust the range when adding data. =MAX(IF('P-card data'!$E$2:$E$7284=A2,'P-card data'!$F$2:$F$7284,"")) Thank you for your assistance, Ron Hi Ron, It works fine with named ranges when I test it. -- Regards, OssieMac "Ron" wrote: > Hello all, > > Does anyone know why this formula does not work with range names? > > {=MAX(IF(NAME=A2,TransAmount,&qu...