External data link change

Hi,

    I've a sheet linked to an external data on the net, and I would like
that a cell in this sheet to indicate the last date and time it was updated,
the simplest way the better but I can do some programming too.

Thanks for your attention,

--
Domingos Junqueira

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

No need of help any more, I solved the question.

Thanks again

File open from Windows Explorer fails after Get External Data
Using Excel 97, is anyone aware of a problem where, after having "got external data" from a SQL database into a spreadsheet, an Excel file will not open from Windows Explorer. I receive no error messages, the open simply does nothing. The only way of opening files is by using the File Open within Excel or closing Excel and re opening all files without "getting external data" at any time. Many thanks Fred Newton Zurich Financial Services Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again...

change business portal domain
When changing the Business Portal Domain, users are requesting a more automated process to update Portal Users information in the following tables for example:- MbfUserWindowsIdentity MbfUser Many sites have 100's of BP users and it is not fesible to remove and re-add user information based on the quantity of users. Scripting or a Utility to achieve the change is a viable option and would save Partners & Customer an immense amount of work, time and frustration. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the m...

import data from a text file
See attached text file. What I am trying to do is to get the data fro the 10m sample at each hour, when importing it into excel I find no way to ge the 24 samples - one for each whole hour. These are daily files, and I would like to plot the current hour b hour. Untill now I have been scanning the file and entering it into Excel manually but that gets very boring after a while, anyone can help?? rgds Johnn +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: ESCSUM04.txt |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment...

opportunity changing ownership of appointment
I have a workflow on an appointment close that updates its opportunity if the owner of the appt is different than the owner of the opp the opp resets the owner of the appt to the owner of the opp. For example -- appt set and closed -- condition not met to update opp -- owner stay what is was appt set and closed -- condition MET to update opp owner changes for that appointment and the other appt to the owner of the opp whats weird is when the appt closes it stays the same owner -- when the opp is reopened is when they are changed any ideas What attribute are you updating on the oppo...

Exporting/Formatting External Data?
Looking for some good tips on how to do this more efficiently. My main problem is how to quickly format row labels with spaces. In brief, here's how I do it, which, admittedly, involves drudgery. For a table in, say, .pdf format, I copy the table into an MS Word document. Then, doing a search-and-replace, I substitute semicolons for the spaces in order to de-limit the data prior to exporting it into Excel. Of course, this also inserts semicolons between the words in the row labels, e.g., "Number;of;things." I then manually delete the semicolons--and the spaces they occupy--...

In Excel- change the order of a name? Bill Gates to Gates, Bill
What is the formula for changing the order of a name? Assume your name is in cell A1: =CONCATENATE(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-SEARCH(" ",A1)),", ",LEFT(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1))) -- Regards, Dave "arnold36" wrote: > What is the formula for changing the order of a name? ...

Change Format of Active Cell
In Excel 2007, on WinXP SP3, I would like to be able to change the format of the currently active cell to make it more easily visible at a quick glance. Currently, the active cell is just outlined in a thick black line. Is there a way to change conditional formatting to change the fill color and/or the outline color of the currently selected/active cell? Thanks in advance, magmike PS: Sorry for cross posting - I accidentally posted this in excel.programming but meant to post here. Maybe changing the gridline color could make a difference... Excel Options | Advanced | Display options for...

Using External/Non External Data
I have a workbook that has data imported through an iqy file in column A through F. Columns G through Z have data that is not an iqy file just regular data entry by the user. The problem is that when you use "refresh" data to import newly adde rows, the data does not stay consistent with the row. Columns through F will update, but the data in columns G through G will no stay with the follow the data in the column. Is there a way to anchor a row of data? Example: Column A will have a name, created by the iqy file. Column G will hav a date, not updated by the iqy file, but ma...

Filtering data to different worksheets
Hi all, I'm sue this should be really simple to do but I'm struggling to get i to work. I have a list of account numbers and who has keyed each one on. I want to filter down the list so that I have a seperate worksheet fo each person with all of the account numbers (plus other columns of inf ie. address, phone number) that they have done. I've tried vlookup but that, obviously, only looks up the 1st accoun number. Can anyone point out what I'm missing? Thank -- jappe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- japper's Profile: http://www...

How to change decimals of length in feet to feet and inchs
For example how to convert 13.25' to 13'-3" ? John. With your decimal value in a1 try =INT(A1)&"' "&INT(12*(A1-INT(A1)))&"""" -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "John" wrote: > For example how to convert 13.25' to 13'-3" ? ...

Clicking Links in OL2K+3
In OL2K if you clicked a hyperlink in Email #1 you got a browser window. If you clicked a link in Email#2, then it opened the site in the original browser window. Just upgraded to OL2K+3 and noticed that each email link will open a new browser window. Where is the controls for these settings. I am sure it's easy, just overlooking the obvious. TIA. Because of complaints about reusing windows, Outlook 2003 opens the pages in new browser windows. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickS...

Unique data in column or row in Excel
I have a problem with posibility of repeating data in column. Of course this is normal behaviour of Excel, but I need to assure unique data in column. Is there a way to do this without an extra effort? Hi Ali, Try to use this formula in Data/Validation/Custom: =ISERROR(MATCH(A1,INDIRECT("A1:A"&CELL("row",A1)-1),0)) Regards, Stefi „Ali” ezt írta: > I have a problem with posibility of repeating data in column. Of course this > is normal behaviour of Excel, but I need to assure unique data in column. Is > there a way to do this without an extra effo...

prevent external email
Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from receiving external email? Thanks, Jeff Yes. What version of Exchange? jeff wrote: > Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from > receiving external email? > > Thanks, > Jeff This is assuming you have Exch 2k3. Open ESM Expand Org Expand Global Settings Properties of Message Delivery Recipient Filtering Tab Add Email Address *This will block emails from anonymous conections. Anyone who auth's to send mail to this email will pass throught which should be the desired result. Thanks, Chad "jeff" wro...

Java Data into Excel?
In trying to get live data into an Excel database using a web query, I found a streamed source of data. However this is in a java format. It resembles a table, and I was wondering if I could import the data into each respective cell in a spreadsheet, or somehow link a Cell reference to the Java. Any ideas? I have a spreadsheet with all my math and an html page open with my data?!?! Close but no cigar! The java is not in an importable table (as typically required in a web query). THis java is streamed and not limited to the Web-query 'refresh'. Thanks in advance for any ideas/filter...

repeating data
I need to submit a list of locations to our programmer which consists o about 4170 rows. Is there any way to have this list generated by formula since there is a pattern to the repetition. col level slot 39 1 a 39 1 b 39 1 c 39 2 a 39 2 b 39 2 c 41 1 a 41 1 b 41 1 c 41 2 a 41 2 b 41 2 c This is the general format of what I need to submit -- actually for every col there are 10 levels and each ...

sorting data and automatic graphs
i have a large amount of data that is an xy scatter. it is xy data that pertains to many subjects. i need to make a graph for each subject. as of now i make the first one and then cut and paste to a new one, use source data and change the x and y data. this does take me a long time since i have alot of subjects. is there another way to pick my data range and sort by subject to make differenct graphs without cutting/pasting and constantly changes the source data. i tried tinkering with a pivot table but everytime i changed the table, all tables changed. There may be depending on the s...

External Drives...
Two questions: 1. Under disk management, I marked one of my drives 'active'. What does that mean and how do I mark it as not active, as in revert it back to whatever state it was in before - or do I care? 2. This one has been a major annoyance. No matter which USB slot I plug it into or which drive I plug in first, one of my external hard drives always sets to 'J' when I need it permanently 'I'. So annoying! As is, I keep having to change the drive letters and paths each time - 'I' to 'J' and 'J' to 'I' What gives?! ...

Link Form
I know how to link a sub form within a Main Form by creating a child and parent field with the same ID. However, I am having a problem creating a link with a command button from one form to another and forcing it to take the same ID. Any ideas? Pass the ID to the other form using the OpenArgs argument of the OpenForm method. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Rose" wrote: > I know how to link a sub form within a Main Form by creating a child and > parent field with the same ID. However, I am having a problem creating a > link with a command button from one f...

Textbox Format as you enter data...
Is there a way to make a userform textbox auto format data while it being entered. I.E. The user is entering a telephone number, they enter the first 3 digits then Parathesis in case these numbers (Area Code), then they enter th next 3 digits, a (-) is inserted afterwards, then they enter the last and tab to exit the field. I guess you can call this active formatting, is there anyway. I ca make the format change when the user exits the textbox, but I want i to format it as they are typing -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

external access to companyweb not working
Page cannot be displayed. using sbs2k3 with all of the latest service packs, sharepoint, exchange, etc. rww and owa seem to be working fine. https://www.domainname.com:444 not working (internally nor externally) http://companyweb/default.aspx works fine. ran and reran the internet connection wizard, checked all settings in iis, port numbers, etc. I've read and re-read all of the past solutions provided and this is not working for me. Does https;// ipaddress/companyweb work? Ports 4125 444 and 443 open on the router? Tami "Steve" wrote: > ...

Today's Total Change
This column is always blank for my mutual funds, even though the Last Price and Change columns reflect the current/correct information. I found reference to a download to fix this problem in Money 2001 but nothing for my version (2004 Deluxe). Is there a fix available and/or does 2005 Deluxe correct this? Thanks! HalB, I never used MS Money before v. 2005, but I do have this issue right now with my mutual funds. How I found your post was to see if anyone else had the same issue. Hopefully someone else knows if there is a fix/work-around. Eric B. HalB wrote: > This column is a...

Coustom Data storage Location and Backing up and Restoring stuff.
Hi Everyone Got a question, I have my WINDOWS LIVE MAIL store folder located at: D:\Christopher\Stuff To Keep\Application Data\Christopher's Mail I noticed that when I upgraded to Windows 7 ( 5 days ago ) from Windows XP that I just pointed WLM store folder to that D:\Christopher\Stuff To Keep\Application Data\Christopher's Mail closed WLM and then reopened it and magically all of my folders appeared with ALL of the emails in them just like they were. So my question is, if I ever need to reinstall WIN 7 and I get WLM installed and I just point my WLM to that D:...

automatic output from known data
i have 2 spreadsheets of data: 1=english, 2=metric each spreadsheet has 3 columns, with the first column being an ID #. on my output spreadsheet i have 4 blanks. in blank 1 i enter a "1" or "2" for english/metric in blank 2 i enter the ID # i want blanks 3 and 4 to automatically be filled with the other tw numbers from the id#'s row. DATA WORKSHEETS english 1 123.8 9.8 2 122.7 10.3 ... metric 1 1983 9.8 2 1965 10.3 ... OUTPUT WORKSHEET blank 1 = english <----- manual blank 2 = 1 <----- manual blank 3 = 123.8 <---- automatic blank 4 = 9.8 <---- automati ...

Copy setup tables and changing functional currency
I have a Company database named PRIMARY where the Default currency is USD. The Company has 8 other currencies. I have a brand new Company database named SECONDARY and I want the Default currency to be VEB and not USD. I have read tech articles 872709 and 874208 on using DTS to get the setup data over to the new Company database. This is a 7.5 version of GP. I seem to have an issue with database triggers on the SECONDARY Company database after the DTS. Has anybody been through the process of creating a new Company database along with DTS of the setup tables and changed the functional cu...

External Hard drive 11-29-09
I am looking for a 1 to 1.5TB external hard drive to backup my system on. I do not want it to run backups automatically. What is a good one? Jim Brown(jbrown15@hvc.rr.com This one looks good - good price too: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A3098104&cs=04&c=us&l=en&dgc=BF&cid=7421&lid=197378&acd=10466193-1260291- PS: use free Macrium ( http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp ) for imaging. It is easy to use, fast and works really well. -- whs For 1-2TB drives check: www.ecost.com ...