Extend Number of columns

Hi
I use excel for annual schedulig but number of the columns are less
than what I need.
Is it possible to increase that?

thk
hme

--
hme
hme's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15930

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

256 columns per sheet is all you get

--
mudraker
mudraker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2473

Yes 256 is the max.
I use 2 sheets, each containing half the year for a daily schedule
And I made a schedule on one sheet on weekly base.
Like this:
   13	14	15	16	17
     apr
m  27  	 03	10	17	24
t    28	 04	11	18	25
w  29	 05	12	19	26
t    30	 06	13	20	27
f    31	 07	14	21	28
s   01	 08	15	22	29
s   02	 09	16	23	30
    13	 14	15	16	17
where the first and last row contains the iso-weeknumber
the second row contains the month when in the column the first of the
month apears
All automated(?) only by giving in the year in A1.
Sorry for my bad Engish
Greeatings
Marcel (the Netherlands)

0
mmaatman (3)
4/27/2006 5:48:38 AM
hme wrote:
> Hi
> I use excel for annual schedulig but number of the columns are less
> than what I need.
> Is it possible to increase that?

As others have said, 256 is it.

You can:
- Split your workbook by week or month, multiple sheets. Or some other
  splitting, say 100 days or 180 days or whatever.
- Flip the days to be down and the other vlaues across.
Socks

0
puppet_sock (108)
4/27/2006 4:12:53 PM
hme wrote:
> Hi
> I use excel for annual schedulig but number of the columns are less
> than what I need.
> Is it possible to increase that?
>
> thk
> hme

You can wait for the next version of Excel or use Quattro Pro now for
more columns on one sheet.

Bill
0
wfsnopam (66)
4/27/2006 5:13:28 PM
Thank you every body for the useful suggestion.

My aim is to plan a  personal strategy for next 5 years and split that
to annual , mountly,weekly and daily schedule to  increase time
efficiency.
I intend to Plan one time (there will be for sure some feedback and
modification ) and later on just to see automatically the tasks for the
days of every current week.

Is there any template or simple software?

Thk

hme

--
hme
hme's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15930
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=536686

invoice numbers
How can I get sequential numbers in an invoice template. Office 2007. Using several templates from microsoft. Is there any other templates out there? Dennis See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "D.J.Shaw JP" <djsbiz@westnet.com.au> wrote in message news:-f-dndbZ6oOgFRLXnZ2dnUVZ8mmdnZ2d@westnet.com.au... > How can I get sequential numbers in an invoice template. Office 2007. > Using several templates from microsoft. Is there any other templates out > there? > Dennis > Thank you fo...

Extender
Is the Extender Product just for version 8? I looked in Download and couldn't find version 7.5. thanks! -- Doug Extender was not owned by Microsoft before version 8 I believe. You may be able to get it from its original distributor - eOne Business Solutions Website is here - www.eonesolutions.com.au Regards, Colin Stevenson Computer Applications "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3213B6B3-7447-493C-ACBD-CCD6C9B07D6C@microsoft.com... > Is the Extender Product just for version 8? I looked in Download and > couldn't find version...

Extend PST size after Outlook 2007 upgrade
Looking at a user's Outlook on their home PC. Originally they had Outlook XP, then upgraded to Outlook 2003 and recently to Outlook 2007. Their PST still hits that 2GB limit at times so they periodically archive older emails/folders. My understanding is that there is a 20GB limit on Outlook 2007. Why am I still hitting the 2GB barrier? Does the PST not get converted to the new format when an upgrade is performed on an older PST? What is the best way to convert their PST to the new format so the 2GB limit issue goes away? Thanks. Bill Upgrade installations of Out...

Page numbering #20
Hi Using 2007 Is it possible to number the first few pages of a booklet I, ii iii, etc & the rest 1, 2, 3, If so, how do I do that please? -- Martin ���� Select the page, Insert, section, start section with this page, select i,ii,iii format, check start at type the page number you want the format to start. >> Insert--page numbers. Do the same for the next section. You might need to create a new blank master page (b) and apply to the cover. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Martin ���� @nohere.net" wrote in message news:ctmjd55avbmmvn68rmlc6nvu2teg4s4cld@4ax....

Chart dependent on column
I need to make a series of charts that depend on a column in my datasheet. What I mean is this - I have data laid out per below, that is logged by operators throughout the day: Date Time Color Reading What I want to do is to display a separate line chart for each color. Each point is the date/time on the X axis and the Reading on the Y- axis. My difficulty is that different colors are mixed all together in the data, for example: Date Time Color Reading 6/21 11:00 Blue 5.2 6/21 11:05 Yellow 3.1 6/22 8:19 Green 6.8 6/22 9:...

Extended Description
We have created many items in HQ, after we do synchronization with the Store we can see some of the Items Extended Description has been truncated to 30-35 Characters in Store and HQ. How can we solve this problem? Hi Rainu, there are 2 thngs which you can do to check this one the log of HQ Server (Sync Log) and the 2nd is to check the sync process using the SQL Profile this is only possible if you have enterprise edition of sql server, I do always use this and find many of my problem solutions. "Rainu Jacob" wrote: > We have created many items in HQ, after we do synchroni...

Random numbers in Excel
Hi to everyone I would like to apply a general formula in Excel, in order to create random (real and decimals) numbers in a cell range (lets say A1:A100) between NUM_low – Num_up. (Lets say NUM_low = - 1873,43 NUM_up. = 7654,77 ) P.S. ( The difficulty for me is how to manage the number of decimals 2,3,4 or more) Thank you. =randbetween(187343,7654.77)/100 -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FBC701D-AD6F-4283-B98A-7E499EF51A5E@microsoft.com... >...

Extend Volume
Hello, I did an extension of system partition on a server 2008 x64 SP1 which ends with a "wrong parameter" failure at end. Disk management console shows up the new size but within explorer and drive properties window still it has the old size. I did a reboot and disk check (with no errors) - no changes. Eventlog doesn't show any relevant informations. Any help would be appreciated. Hi Thunder, Solution 1 - Delete problem partition - Create new partition - Restore partition data from backup If Solution 1 doesn't work, then Solution 2 - Wipe the disk ...

Substituting numbers
I have a large workbook with several worksheets. Recently I found a column on each sheet had the same series of numbers inserted. The cells where the numbers were inserted were a combination of blankcells, linked cells and cells with formulas. The only consistency was the range and actual numbers. After linking another different worksheet, I have found the same series of numbers however this time in a different column. After correcting the numbers, the sheets remained correct for a few days and then the problem reoccured. I have spoken to McAfee who say that this does not sound like a...

format number in feet and inches
Id there a way to format a number to feet and inches, i.e 6.25 to display as 6' 3"?? Try: =INT(A1)&"'-"&ROUND(MOD(A1,1)*12,0)&"""" HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Id there a way to format a number to feet and inches, i.e 6.25 to display as >6' 3"?? >. > ...

text and number
i have something like this in a cell: T2 T2 E1 T2 N3 can I add just the numbers and put the answer(10) in an adjacent cell and disregard the text? It might not be practical but how about using the text to columns facility. Select the cell - data - text to columns - fixed width - next - place breaklines between text and numbers - next - finish (no need to format - general is OK) Now the data has been entered in consecutive cells which you may add. As I said it may not be practical - not knowing what other data is in your w/s. -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hi...

Extender-Adding Buyer Information to POP Blank Form Header
I have added an extender window to the Buyer Maintenance window, to include email address, phone number, fax number, etc. (Cards>Purchasing>Buyer) I would like to print this information in the Header of the POP Purchase Order Blank form. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Using V9 on SQL thanks! -- Doug There is an article, KB 904575, that has pretty good directions on adding extender fields to a report. But the article has a missing step in it. In Calculated Field 2, there should be a step 3 just like step 3 in Calculated Field 1, which changes the result type to string...

Formating outline numbers and captions with chapter numbers
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Greetings I am trying to write a dissertation with Word, a task it seems completely unable to do. The format requirements of the institution demand that there be a chapter heading and below that a chapter title. For some odd reason, if you do not include text on the same line as the chapter heading then the chapter number in the caption will always be zero. Furthermore, the table of contents index includes both the chapter heading and the title (because they are basically Heading1-styled objects) and there doesn't s...

eXtender question
Hello Everybody. We added an eXtender window to the Manufacturing Bill of Material window - we need to include several key fields (PPN, CPN, BoM Type) - When we create a view based on this window, the key fields all get concatenated into one. Is there a way around this? I need each of the individual key fields. Splitting them based on a fixed length per field is not an option. We are using GP10. Thank you for any help you can provide. You need to use EXT00100 table to split out key fields. On Sep 28, 12:39=A0pm, Maria <Ma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

extended mapi
Hi, I have just installed Windows 7/Office 2010 Beta. We had Windows XP/Office 2002 before and all the macros worked fine. I have problems with the following code: sAddressCode = "<PR_GIVEN_NAME> <PR_SURNAME>" & vbCr & _ "<PR_COMPANY_NAME>" & vbCr & _ "<PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS>" & vbCr sAddress = Application.GetAddress(AddressProperties:=sAddressCode, _ UseAutoText:=False, DisplaySelectDialog:=1, _ RecentAddressesChoice:=True, UpdateRecentAddresses:=True) When ...

numbered list in only 1 cell
Does anyone know how to have a numbered list in only 1 cell? My coworker has seen this done before. Maybe your coworker typed in the list, but used an alt-enter to force a new line in the cell after each "bullet". DataGuy wrote: > > Does anyone know how to have a numbered list in only 1 cell? My coworker > has seen this done before. -- Dave Peterson You just made his day!!!! He says that's it! (I've need seen that technique used before) Thank you. "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message news:4230B57F.EFF9ED1D...

Negative numbers
Having chosen the ( ) format for negative numbers via the Regional/Keyboard options in the Control panel, this still does not show as an option in the normal list of number formats. Negative numbers on a spreadsheet just appear with a minus sign. Any reason? I have tried the Conditional Formatting but the end result is a number appearing as -(x,xxx.xx). I don't wish to see the minus sign. I'm using Excel in Office 2007 with Windows 7 Perhaps this Custom Cell Format will do what you want... General;(#,##0.00) -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "AJW30" <AJW30@dis...

Numbered List with Blank Spaces, etc.
Hi all, I'm making a soundpack config file for an online game, and I was wondering if someone would show me how to create it with Excel. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, so detail would be helpful. :) I have a list of 1024 sound files from a print directory program, e.g.: 1 4psycho4.wav 2 actnow.mp3 3 alad-alright.wav 4 alad-believe.mp3 (I can make it output the file list with or without numbers.) I need to convert this list into this format: 1 sound "sound/misc/ta/4psycho4.wav" 1 text "...

remove last 2 numbers
Hi Which formula would we use to remove the last 2 numbers from a dollar figure as it is currently 4 decimals and we need it as 2 but do not want rounding up. We cannot change the format as the cell still represents as a 4 decimal. eg 12.4555 is currntly in A1 12.45 is what we would like in B2 Thanks Noemi =rounddown(A1,2) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Noemi" <Noemi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F822588F-C74C-4D5F-BF2A-0654AC6922DE@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Which formula would we use to remove the l...

Converting strings to numbers
I want to join the values of a range of cells (say 1, 2, 5, and 8) to produce the number 1258, which can then be used in other calculations. Any ideas on how to do this? I'm using Excel from Office 2000 Many thanks Formula =--(C9&D9&E9&F9) VBA code varData = --(Range("C9") & Range("D9") & Range("E9") & Range("F9")) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Big Bitty" wrote: > I want to join the values of a range of cells (say 1, 2, 5, and 8) to produce > the number 1258, which can then be used i...

Report Writer Calculated Fields With 2 Columns
I would like to create a payroll report in Report Writer that has two columns. The first column will contain data related to one type of paycode (income and benefits) and the second column will contain data related to another type of paycode (deductions). It would look something like the following Code Description Amount Code Description Amount I/B1 ...... 100 D1 ......... 50 I/B2 ...... 400 D2 ......... 10 I/B3 ...... 500 D3 ......... 20 My current setup uses calculated fieds with ...

random numbers
Is there a way to use the'Rand' ,( randomise), function in Excel. IE: enter 45 numbers in a column and have them randomised in another column -- All the best, RedChequer The RAND() function returns random numbers between zero and one. To randomize a group of numbers that you supply, enter your numbers in on column, enter =RAND() in another column, and sort both columns by the second column. Jerry Keith Partridge wrote: > Is there a way to use the'Rand' ,( randomise), function > in Excel. > IE: enter 45 numbers in a column and have them randomised in another ...

Extended Warrenty?
Hello, I am a current user of RMS of course, and I bought the product in 2004 January to be exact, I know that if you are on the plan you get the upgrades, and if not then you have to pay quite a bit to get back on the plan to qualify for the upgrade...how do I re-new my service plan? Will I be recieving notice of this or what? I do know that it's something like 15 - 20% of the actual cost of the software, but I figure what the heck, it's probably just worth it because of the upgrades...then again who knows? Thank You, Vince ...

How to find out the number of formats in excel sheet
How to find out the number of formats in excel sheet. ...

How do I insert page numbers?