Export PDF information into Microsoft Excel

What do you do with your data that's stuck in your PDF forms?

FDF Decoder from Spotted Dingo Inc., gives you the ability to quickly turn
your useless PDF information into a data mine of valuable information. FDF
Decoder is a desktop application which creates csv files from your pdf
interactive forms (acroforms) in individual or batch file mode. You then can
easily import your information into Microsoft Excel to create intelligent
spread sheets which can then be entered into databases and aid you in your
statistical analysis. FDF Decoder works with the PDF's exported Form Data
(FDF) file and is able to generate up to 2500 columns of information with an
unlimited number of rows. In batch mode it parses up to 50 separate fdf
files at a time or an unlimited number of fdf files in individual mode. FDF
Decoder was created with Macromedia Director MX and is used in conjunction
with Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional and Microsoft Excel. The next version of
FDF Decoder (coming out in early 2004), will insert the data directly into
SQL relational databases.

You can download a free ten day trial of FDF Decoder at:
www.spotteddingo.com/decoder.htm

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Spam..

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Brian" <webmaster@spotteddingo.com> wrote in message
> What do you do with your data that's stuck in your PDF forms?
>

> FDF Decoder from Spotted Dingo Inc., gives you the ability to quickly turn
> your useless PDF information into a data mine of valuable information. FDF
> Decoder is a desktop application which creates csv files from your pdf
> interactive forms (acroforms) in individual or batch file mode. You then
can
> easily import your information into Microsoft Excel to create intelligent
> spread sheets which can then be entered into databases and aid you in your
> statistical analysis. FDF Decoder works with the PDF's exported Form Data
> (FDF) file and is able to generate up to 2500 columns of information with
an
> unlimited number of rows. In batch mode it parses up to 50 separate fdf
> files at a time or an unlimited number of fdf files in individual mode.
FDF
> Decoder was created with Macromedia Director MX and is used in conjunction
> with Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional and Microsoft Excel. The next version
of
> FDF Decoder (coming out in early 2004), will insert the data directly into
> SQL relational databases.
>

> You can download a free ten day trial of FDF Decoder at:
> www.spotteddingo.com/decoder.htm

0
terre081 (3244)

Excel No Longer Working
Ok. This one has me stumped. I have adding the compatibility pack to systems in my office with no problem, until yesterday. Added the pack to an Office 2003 Pro system. Everything works great except for Excel. Now when we start excel it acts like it is trying to do an initial setup, then says it needs the disc. I put the disc in, but it will not find the CAB file. Weirder than that is every time I retry it the CAB designation changes. I have tried to do a repair and the same thing happens. I have tried a reinstall and the same thing happens. Anyone have ANY ideas???? I don't know...

Excel Mass Email
Does anyone know of anyway or program to do the following: We have Excel file that contains 3 columns- ID, password and email address. We need to email each ind email address their ID and password. Is there a program that we can use that will do this email merge? Thanks! Hi Jill Try this example on my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/message.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09b701c49fdc$32c52960$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of anyway or program to do the follow...

scale to page error in Excel 2007
somehow something has changed in my Excel 2007 setup where my "fit to scale" does not work appropriately. When I choose print preview, the preview screen changes to a very small preview and my document is a few thousand pages. This document used to print fine on one page. Even on my other computer it prints fine. The funny thing is, when I change it back to 100% scale the preview is large again but still cuts off a few columns. I must have changed some setting that I need to reset but cannot find it. Any help is appreciated. Have you checked your setting of print ...

How do I have excel highlight days before & after a date on a cale
How do have excel highlight 15 days prior to a chosen date on the calendar below & 30 days after? 2010 JANUARY FEBRUARY S M T W T F S S M T W T F S 1 2 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 28 31 MARCH APRIL S M T W T F S S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 11 12 13 14 15 ...

Excel chart-y axis title question
Everytime I have a y axis title and it will not show up the end of the title. I tried to use small font but it doesn't help. Does anyone ever have similar problem? Thanks. Many people have reported this problem, and the following post by Jon Peltier may help you: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=OviGl8Z3EHA.208%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl springwinterfall wrote: > Everytime I have a y axis title and it will not show up the end of the title. > I tried to use small font but it doesn't help. Does anyone ever have similar > problem? Thanks. -- Debra Dalgleish Ex...

Tabbing to non sequenced cells in Excel 2000
Can I tab over to only cells that need info input, and skip over other cells? If you protect the worksheet that will happen. While holding down the CTRL key, use the mouse to select the cells you wish to tab through Select Format/Cells and unselect "Locked" on the "Protection" tab Then go into Tools/Protection and select Protect Sheet Now, if you don't use a password, anyone will be able to simply unprotect the sheet as needed and have the "tabbing" capability. "cwalton" <cwalton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1783FC04...

Can I draw a tangent to a line in graph in Excel?
I want to draw a tangent to the beginning of a line in my graph, and then get the gradient of that tangent. Can Excel do that? I trust that you're using an XY chart, not a line chart, for this exercise. One approach, if you want to manually draw your own "bets" line, would be to add an XY series with two points, the first point being at the point of the first series where you want the tangent. Select the other point of this added series (two single clicks: one to select the series, one to select the point). When the cursor goes over the point, it becomes a four-headed arr...

import / export
I switched from MSN explorer to Internet explorer and I can't figure out a way to import my favorites, contacts or email from the MSN to Internet explorer and Outlook Express 6. Can someone please help me so I don't have to re-enter everything? Thanks a million. "Jenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00f101c3ac78$13c1b220$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I switched from MSN explorer to Internet explorer and I > can't figure out a way to import my favorites, contacts > or email from the MSN to Internet explorer and Outlook > Expres...

Exporting to MS DOS Text file
I have an Access Report which I am using to create a text file for upload into a 3rd party application. When Access exports the text file it is creating a carriage return (i.e., empty row) in the first row of the created text file thereby making the file incompatible for upload to the 3rd party. Is there a setting I need to select to prevent this from happening? Any suggestion you may have would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help! Regards, ...

ask help for DLL Export Library Definition File
Hello, guys! I got a problem when I build an MFC App which call a MFC Extension DLL that has implemented some API, but I don't know where is the problem, in DLL, in dll def file or in MFC App? the API like this: ___________________________________________________ head file extern "C" AFX_EXT_API long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ); cpp file extern "C" long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ) {....} and its def file like this: __...

Can Excel 2003 Do This?
Thanks in advance for anybody that can help me with this... Here's what I want to do: I have a workbook that I have recreated in excel for my boyfriends work. One of the sheets is a weekly production report that he sends in to his employer to get paid. There is a separate sheet that has a list of available units with three columns; 1)Unit ID, 2) Description, 3)Unit price. I would like to somehow make it so all he has to do is type in the Unit ID on the corresponding cell on the production report and have it automatically fill in the correct description, unit price & when he enters t...

Excel URL's
I'm reposting this message as the recommended action didn't work, and I cannot reply to his post ... ========================================================== Hi, If I have an Excel s/s that contains multiple fields with live URL links, is there a way to deactivate the link? I'm working with such a s/s presently, and its frustrating as I inadvertently trigger URL links constantly!! Public Sub DeleteHyperlinks() ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.delete End Sub -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Don Niall" <donniall@aol.com> wrote in message news:09ad01c37d3a$44e9e420$a001280a@p...

Excel Macro Conversion
Hi, I'm going to be teaching Excel VBA to an organization who currently uses the older Excel macro language. I know Excel and I know VBA and but I don't the pre-VBA language. The company has emailed me a workbook that contains a sales spreadsheet. Their goal is to convert the older macros to VBA. I'm looking at the spreadsheet now and I don't see any macros except this long string out to the side. Looks like this: /WTC{HOME}{PGDN}{GOTO}A18~{GOTO}A20~/WTH{GOTO}A19~{END} {DOWN}{DOWN}@DATE({?},{?},{?})~{RIGHT}{?}{RIGHT}{?}{RIGHT} {?}{RIGHT}@DATE({?},{?},{?})~{RIGHT 3...

CDs and learning excel
Can anyone advise on a good/better/best instructional CD to learn Excel? ...

In Excel
-- Jerry ...

I have lost my menu bars in Excel?
I am not sure if I have opened a corrupt excel file or what but now when I open my excel there are no menu or tool bars (not hidden from view, but gone) I have tried re-installing excel but this did not fix the problem. What is going on? View / Full Screen perhaps? Try finding and deleting your *.xlb file which is the toolbar customisation file -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to b...

Adding highlighted cells only -Excel 2000
Anyone know if there is a way to add only cells that are highlighted? I would like to see quick sums of only the cells I have highlighted and hoping there might be a way to do this quickly and easily. I have to do this many times with various cells with differing number values. Thanks in advance K By "highlighted" do you mean colored or simply selected? If the latter, use the Sum on the Status Bar. If the former..................... You will have to use VBA to grab the colorindex of the cells. Do you want to do that? See Chip Pearson's site for UDF's for working with co...

Missing function in Excel 2003 #2
I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? Hi never heard about this. Maybe he has to install the Analysis Toolpak Addin ('tools - addins'). "Galldrian" wrote: > I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel > 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it > before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? > Never heard of a coalition matrix. The Analysi...

EOMonth function V. 2002 excel
I just recently starter using Excel 2002. I was using Excel 2000. My spreadsheets that use the function "EOMONTH" no longer work . It's not even available the list of functions. Is an addin available? Thanks Tools>add-inns, check analysis toolpak, keep the cd handy and follow the instructions -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "JohnD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06d301c4be20$0d732f60$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I just recently sta...

How can I convert a number to english text in Excel
Is there a way to convert an certain number, to english text in Excel. For eg. An invoice total of $1000 shoul also appear in words (Dollars One Thousand) Hi, See the following: http://longre.free.fr/english/ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;140704& http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;213360 http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/num2wrds.zip Also check out the following add-in by astien Mensink http://www.asap-utilities.com/ Super utility one of the functions converts numbers to text lik...

HyperLinking PDF files in Excel
Can anyone offer any help on 1. is it possible to import pdf files into excel as hyperlinks? and 2. if it is possible, how do you do it? =) A hyperlink is as it says, a link to a file either on the local drive or a network which is mapped to the local pc. It is not an imported file, just an address which when pressed will open the relevant PDF document with a PDF Viewer. To insert a hyper link, select from the top menus. Insert\Hyperlink (Hyperlink is at the bottom of the insert menu itme) This will then show a pop up box which will allow you to identify where the PDF file is to be ...

Excel is defaulting to Number format instead of General format
The programme for 2007 has recently been installed, and my cells are all formated to Number instead of General, and Excel won't let me change it back to General. We tried to uninstall and re-install but this did not help. Maybe you have a workbook template file named book.xlt (or .xltx or .xltm) in your XLStart folder. This template file is used as the basis for starting new workbooks. You could try to edit it (and change the number format) or move it (or delete it). Then restart excel to test. Kim wrote: > > The programme for 2007 has recently been installed, a...

RMS 1.3 export to GP 9.0?
Has the GP add-in to import the journal files from RMS 1.3 been released yet? All I can find is the add-in for GP 8.0. I'm not looking for the heavy duty HQ import plug-in, just the GL journals (no inventory control or PO management). Thanks ...

Excel Cell Formatting, multiple lines
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to force a line wrap within a cell in Excel, similar to the way Shift^Return forces a line wrap in a table cell in Word? Control+Command+Return as well as Control+Option+Return. Have a look in Excel Help for others: Keyboard shortcuts used in Excel. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/22/10 1:51 PM, in article 59bb8db7.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "IHS@officeformac.com" <IHS@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (S...

Microsoft Update 0x800A01A8
Windows XP Professional SP3. Windows Update runs perfectly, however if I try to install Microsoft Update, the page starts loading then generates an error and advises that it cannot load and gives the error code as 0x800A01A8. I am assuming that this is either a permissions,corrupt or unregistered file issue - can anyone suggest what to try next Many thanks Martin This reregisters all of the windows update dll's: net.exe stop wuauserv regsvr32 /s wuapi.dll regsvr32 /s wuaueng1.dll regsvr32 /s wuaueng.dll regsvr32 /s wucltui.dll regsvr32 /s wups2.dll regsvr32 /s w...