Exponential trend-line equation problem

Hello,

I have made a exponential graph of below data set:

x               y
 0,90498	14294225
 0,88252	14361091
 0,91054	14392452
 0,89546	14463203
 0,90225	14535720
 0,93918	14754041
 0,93624	14812708
 0,92533	14922256
 0,94256	15000374
 0,94681	15049871
 0,93819	15051332
 0,93495	15188711
 0,95299	15425517

The equation I get is:
y = 6E+06e0,950x

Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/add-change-or-
remove-a-trendline-in-a-chart-HP010007461.aspx) states that the
exponential equation is written on this form:
y = c*e^b*x
where c and b are constants and e is the base of the natural
logarithm.

When I want to calculate what y value I get for x = 0.97 I do like
this:
y(0.97) = (6*10^6)*e^(0.95*0.97) = 15078342.9

Above value is too small. Looking at the line scatter graph that Excel
produces the value should be around:
y = 154100000

What am I doing wrong?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Aug 26, 12:03=A0am, bash <daniel.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have made a exponential graph of below data set:
>
> x =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 y
> =A00,90498 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A014294225
> =A00,88252 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A014361091
> =A00,91054 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A014392452
> =A00,89546 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A014463203
> =A00,90225 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A014535720
> =A00,93918 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A014754041
> =A00,93624 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A014812708
> =A00,92533 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A014922256
> =A00,94256 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A015000374
> =A00,94681 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A015049871
> =A00,93819 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A015051332
> =A00,93495 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A015188711
> =A00,95299 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A015425517
>
> The equation I get is:
> y =3D 6E+06e0,950x
>
> Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/add-change-or-
> remove-a-trendline-in-a-chart-HP010007461.aspx) states that the
> exponential equation is written on this form:
> y =3D c*e^b*x
> where c and b are constants and e is the base of the natural
> logarithm.
>
> When I want to calculate what y value I get for x =3D 0.97 I do like
> this:
> y(0.97) =3D (6*10^6)*e^(0.95*0.97) =3D 15078342.9
>
> Above value is too small. Looking at the line scatter graph that Excel
> produces the value should be around:
> y =3D 154100000
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Hi again,

Sorry the value should be around y =3D 154150000 and not previously
stated y =3D 154100000.

/Daniel

Problem with OL 2002 XP and Large (67Mb) Email
Hi all, I have a problem with Outlook 2002 XP. I have received an email that is 67Mb big (inline, not attachment) and I have preview pane switched on. Everytime I start Outlook, it crashes trying to preview the email. I have renamed the .pst so that it doesn't load and I can get into Outlook. Is there anyway to turn the preview pane off without having...

Problem when pasting text from Word into Mail
When I copy and paste text from Word 2004 into Apple Mail, Mail doubles the line returns. In other words, if in Word there is a single return (my intent is to start a new line immediately below the previous one) in mail the pasted text will show a double return (ie double spacing). This had previously happened to me when I was running Panther; after I queried on this board someone suggested that I use shift-option- command-v to paste, and this solved the problem. A few weeks ago I bought a new Mac Mini running Snow Leapard. Now the problem has returned, and using shift-option-com...

Vlookup Problem #6
Good afternoon everyone, Using Windows & Excel XP I'm having a problem with the =VLOOKUP function. In the help section it says that it searches for a value in the leftmost column of a table. What I want it to is to search the first two column of a table. For example I have a worksheet called "winners" that looks like this, A B C ------------------------------- 1 0 0 Nothing 2 0 1 $3 3 1 1 $4 4 2 0 Nothing 5 2 1 $7 on...

Move Control to another Form Problem
This Control Button I want to move from my MainMenu Form to the form that contains the the List Box [lstModify], which is where my Invoices sit to be distributed, When I moved the control I got a yellow error on {subSetInvoiceValues} thanks for any help......BobPrivate Sub cmdDistributeAllInvoices_Click() Dim nRtnValue As Integer nRtnValue = MsgBox("Are you sure you want to Distribute All Invoices?" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "If you choose Yes, all the Invoices will have Invoice Numbers.", vbCritical + vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton2, "Distribute all Invoices"...

Problem with hotmail
I am having a problem with all Hotmail accounts on my system. Both Outlook 2002 and OE 6. Problem: Keeps asking for Username and Password. UserID and Password have been verified (via direct Internet Explorer Hotmail.MSN.Com login) I wish I could find what could possibly be wrong. These settings used to work fine. No new changes (only blocked cookies from trash sites to limit junk. hotmail.com is a trused site. msn.com is a trused site. I believe it is a security issue with some script from Hotmail, but can not find the setting. Too much spam in e-mails to reset security at this poi...

Problem with Excel 2003 Template
I downloaded a "Membership List" from Microsoft. It's fine except that the task pane opens when I open the program. I have unchecked the task pane option in tools/options, and tools/customize, and in view. Nothing works. How can I stop the task pane from opening? Thanks, W. G. Davis I don't have 2003, but you might try to copy and paste the data from your downloaded list, over to another Excel workbook. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "William G. Davis" wrote: > I downloaded a "Membership List" from Microsoft. It's fine except that t...

send/reveice problem
I'm working with W2k and Office2K on a Dell machine I'm working in disconnected mode and when I synchronize the VPN is starting automatically and it send the email, but some time they don't leave the outbox. So I have to open the mail, close it and synchronize and then it goes away, I have to do that on each email waiting on the outbox. But sometime they leave the outbox without any problem. Any idea of what I could do ? Thank's in advance. Louis ...

Problem with .NET Security Settings
Hello, I have a problem with security-settings in a .NET Application. The application has a strong name and is full trusted ("Trust an assembly" - Full Trust), ..NET Security is set "Local Intranet - medium trust". The application ist installed on a network-drive. Working-Directory and Configuration-Files are also on different network-shares. The application uses intensively XSLT and XML. The following XSL-Transformation-process fails (without errors !): Base-Document XML X is stored on network-folder A. Transformation-Stylesheet XSL Z is stored on Networkfolder B ...

Is there a double dashed line in Draw to be imported?
In "Draw" there is a limited number of types of lines that could be drawn such es dashed line, dotted line, 1dash 2dots etc. I use Drw to sketch clothes in fashion production and need a double dashed line to show double top stitches. Just some thoughts .. Perhaps an approx way which might be acceptable Draw a line, then apply line style 3pt (the 2 lines version, not the solid version), followed by dash style (square or round dot) Otherwise .. maybe make a dash line, then duplicate the line and align both lines close and parallel to each other, then group the 2 lines together, a...

Autonumber problem
Hi, I have a problem with autonumber field in my project: when I deleted some last records, it seems MS Access saved the last number of the autonumber. So when I added a new record, the number would be skipped from the previous record. I'd like the next record will be in order from the previous record in my outonumber field. Is anybody can tell me how to solve this problem?. Thanks... KT -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 If the value of the autonumber actually matters then you shouldn't be using atuonu...

Printing Problem
I have made/designed a business card with MS Publisher(10.2621.2625) and set my Epson 680 to print ten per page on custom bought card which is standard and scored into two columns of five with waste around the margins border. I did a trial print on normal A4 and overlaid it to make sure that the print area corresponded exactly to the card. It did perfectly. When I tried to use this pre-scored business card, I would load the card in the printer tray, trying both sides - whether one sheet, two etc. - I tried all permutations, then try to print this same job that had just printed perfectly on no...

Excel graph problems
Hello My excel skills aren't exaclty up to par, so I'm having some difficulties. I need to insert data into an excel worksheet. That data would then be inserted into an excel graph. But because I'll be inserting new data into the worksheet every day, I'll need to find a way to automatically update the graph with the new data inserted. This way I don't have to do it manually every time I add something. Could someone help me out? Thanks in advance, -Pieter Doutreligne Pieter, If you'll be adding data, like additional rows, and need the chart to accomodate them, y...

Having problems downloading bank info to my Money 99
I've just loaded Money 99 onto my computer and it can't get my information from my bank. It is not letting me onto the internet through money. I believe it is trying to use a dial up connection instead of my cable modem. Any ideas on how to get my bank info onto my money program? >Subject: Having problems downloading bank info to my Money 99 >From: "=?Utf-8?B?bW9uZXlfcHJvYmxlbXM=?=" >money_problems@discussions.microsoft.com >Date: 12/1/2004 1:03 PM Eastern Standard Time >Message-id: <DBBDC184-0FE3-491F-9105-9A2806868307@microsoft.com> > >I'...

hOW DO I CHANGE THE FONT IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF AN EMAIL
How do I change the font and the colour of the subject line in an email? I would like to make it bold or Red so that it catches teh attention of the recepient immediately. Thanks You can't. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "VIN" <VIN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C63275F2-DDF5-4785-941C-A00B741A4B7B@microsoft.com... > How do I change the font and the colour of the subject line in an email? > I would like to make it bold or Red so that it catches teh at...

Person Names Smart Tag problems
Ok, so I typed "whats New" int he as a question box for Excel 2003 and it mentions this Person Names SMart Tag menu thing, but I am unable to locate it or make it happen. I have gone to Tools->Autocorrect Otpions and Smart tages Tabe, I have enabled all the correct options in theere according to microsoft. Then I go to the worksheet, and type a name. NOTHING, no smart tag at all, dates, smart tag, addresses, smart tag... people... NO SMART TAG. SO I look closer and it says you have to have emailed this person recentlyt, so I try some of my outlook contacts that I commun...

Problem with shutting down threads
I have a communications class that creates a receive thread and a transmit thread. The threads are created when the com port is opened and are terminated by setting a flag which is located in a common structure when the com port is closed. This works fine when opening and closing while the app is open. However when the app is closed and a port is open, I'm getting an access error as well as a memory leak detected that has something to do with a CWinThread object. I'm closing the port in the OnClose() handler of a dialog and the comm.close() function has a message pump to wait for the t...

MSOE.dll problem
Upgraded to SP2 on XP. Didn't work. Reconfigured to SP1 now am getting?: Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded. Any suggestions? Presario Laptop 900 XP SP1 thanks gv Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck!" -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook...

Sorting by DATETIME problem
Hi, My company uses this expression for date. DD-MM-YYYY However, I want to sort by YYYY-MM-DD Could someone please tell me, if there is an easy solution to this? To further explain my problem, this is how it sorts now: 01-04-2007 01-04-2008 12-08-2007 23-04-2007 24-04-2007 It should sort like this: 01-04-2007 23-04-2007 24-04-2007 12-08-2007 01-04-2008 Thank you... Sorry, my mistake. CRM sorts correctly :-) "T. Bech" wrote: > Hi, > > My company uses this expression for date. DD-MM-YYYY > > However, I want to sort by YYYY-MM-DD > > Could someone pl...

Strange problem with Outlook & Windows XP
Apologies for posting to several Outlook and Windows newsgroups, but I think you'll see why. I am having an unusual problem with Microsoft Outlook 2003 on my laptop PC which runs Windows XP. Specifically, when I click on the Tools menu in Outlook and select Options, the window that appears is fixed in size (too small) and cannot be resized. The contents get chopped off at the side & bottom so that much of it is not accessible ..... and no resizing arrows appear when trying to "pull" the sides, corners, top, or bottom. I have tried reloading Outlook 2003 in its entir...

Plotting Cummulative Data In A Line Graph
I need help figuring out how to plot cummulative data. I have product and sales data in a table, broken down by quarter. For each product I want to use a line graph to show cummulative sales over time. For example, Product A has Q1 sales of $1M, Q2 of $1.5M, Q3 of $1.25M and Q4 of $1M. So the first point would be at 1M, #2 at 2.5M, #3 at 3.75 and # 4 at 4.75. I can't find which format to use to make this kind of graph. Hi, The chart will not do this itself. You need to use a helper column to calculate the accumulated values and then plot those values. Cheers Andy tkeith wrote:...

Printing problem #6
Excel 2007, Windows Vista Ultimate SP 2. I have data on two sheets in the same workbook. I need to print this data on the front and the back of a single sheet of duplex print paper. To do this, I need to create a PDF (I also tried this with the MS XPS Writer in my Vista Ultimate). I cannot print the paper, I need to email the PDF to various recipients that will receive and print the file themselves. I select the two sheets by holding down Ctrl and clicking on both sheets. Then in Print Preview, I can see two pages containing the selected areas of the two sheets that I need to print. The are...

Problem with COM add-in
I have one com addin which works with outlook 2000/2002/2003. One can see its icon in standard tool bar. My problem is, on mouse over, the icon get distorted in outlook 2002. This is not the case with outlook 2000 and 2003. Waiting..... CC So nobody replied..... But fortunately I got the solution and its bit strange. Here it goes. Outlook 2002 do not support the toolbar bitmaps with 256 colors or higher(24 bit). If the bitmap used is of 16 color bitmap everything goes fine. I don't know if that's the sole solution and that's why I am putting my findings again here so tha...

problems with password list
I'm having difficulty with Outlook 2002 and saving email account passwords. Even when I prompt the application to save my passwords, I always have to input the email address again when I open Outlook later. What's going on? For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q275465 (IMO) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q259416 For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (just ignore the parts that refer ...

Outlook 2003 having problems after detect and repair
I was working with Adobe support and they had me do a detect and repair on Microsoft Office as part of the troubleshooting they were doing. Now I have my original Outlook file and an Outlook1 file. I also seem to have multiple contact lists and I am unable to send email. Trying to use the Address Book gives an error about the file being moved or having a permissions problem. My system is a home computer with 4 users. Is there a way to "uninstall" Outlook for just one user and let Outlook reconfigure itself or am I up the creek? If you know which .pst file is the one you w...

Dockable toolbar sizing problem #2
I want to create a toolbar which has buttons with captions. Each button has different size (different width). When the toolbar is fixed the appearance is ok. However, when it is dockable it appears shorter than it should be. After investigation, I found out that I have to consider CalcDynamicLayout and CalcFixedLayout methods. Can anyone help me out on this matter ? Thank you. ...