Exclude a cell

Excel 2002

Any one know how I can sum all the cell values in a column except the value 
of the last cell to be entered which could be say half-way down the column?

Is there a function to exclude a particular cell from "sum" ?

I know a lot of ppl are far more advanced than I am but we all start 
somewhere lol

Thanks for your help

Dale 


0
nospamthx (6)
7/9/2006 12:26:05 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

8 Replies
1273 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 27

To exclude cell A16:
=SUM(A:A)-A16

Not very elegant, but effcient!

Cheers,
--
AP

"DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de news: 
xB6sg.51172$181.12831@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Excel 2002
>
> Any one know how I can sum all the cell values in a column except the 
> value of the last cell to be entered which could be say half-way down the 
> column?
>
> Is there a function to exclude a particular cell from "sum" ?
>
> I know a lot of ppl are far more advanced than I am but we all start 
> somewhere lol
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Dale
> 


0
ardus.petus (319)
7/9/2006 12:44:17 PM
Dale,

Excel will have to be told which was the last entry.  There may be better 
ways but I would try it this way:

If you already have data in the spreadsheet then insert a new Column A

Right-click on the sheet tab and the enter the following code:

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
    Dim aRow As Long

    If Target.Column <> 2 Then Exit Sub

   Application.EnableEvents = False

    aRow = Target.Row

    Range("A:A").ClearContents

    Cells(aRow, 1).Value = aRow

    Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub

alter the " Column <> 2 " to the column number that you want to sum

Then in the cell you want the total minus the last entry:

=SUM(B:B)-INDIRECT("B"&SUM(A:A))

alter the column reference to you needs.

-- 
HTH

Sandy
In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland

sandymann2@mailinator.com
Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk


"DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:xB6sg.51172$181.12831@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Excel 2002
>
> Any one know how I can sum all the cell values in a column except the 
> value of the last cell to be entered which could be say half-way down the 
> column?
>
> Is there a function to exclude a particular cell from "sum" ?
>
> I know a lot of ppl are far more advanced than I am but we all start 
> somewhere lol
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Dale
> 


0
sandymann2 (1054)
7/9/2006 1:42:02 PM
Thx that will help with part of my problem but how would I make A16 
variable.........for instance.....the last cell I enter could be A17 not A16 
but I don't want to keep going back to my formula to amend it........


"Ardus Petus" <ardus.petus@laposte.net> wrote in message 
news:uBCw3W1oGHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> To exclude cell A16:
> =SUM(A:A)-A16
>
> Not very elegant, but effcient!
>
> Cheers,
> --
> AP
>
> "DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de news: 
> xB6sg.51172$181.12831@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>> Excel 2002
>>
>> Any one know how I can sum all the cell values in a column except the 
>> value of the last cell to be entered which could be say half-way down the 
>> column?
>>
>> Is there a function to exclude a particular cell from "sum" ?
>>
>> I know a lot of ppl are far more advanced than I am but we all start 
>> somewhere lol
>>
>> Thanks for your help
>>
>> Dale
>>
>
> 


0
nospamthx (6)
7/9/2006 3:50:30 PM
=SUM(OFFSET(A1,,,COUNTA(A:A)-2))

HTH
--
AP

"DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de news: 
aB9sg.71328$7Z6.54821@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Thx that will help with part of my problem but how would I make A16 
> variable.........for instance.....the last cell I enter could be A17 not 
> A16 but I don't want to keep going back to my formula to amend it........
>
>
> "Ardus Petus" <ardus.petus@laposte.net> wrote in message 
> news:uBCw3W1oGHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> To exclude cell A16:
>> =SUM(A:A)-A16
>>
>> Not very elegant, but effcient!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --
>> AP
>>
>> "DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de news: 
>> xB6sg.51172$181.12831@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>> Excel 2002
>>>
>>> Any one know how I can sum all the cell values in a column except the 
>>> value of the last cell to be entered which could be say half-way down 
>>> the column?
>>>
>>> Is there a function to exclude a particular cell from "sum" ?
>>>
>>> I know a lot of ppl are far more advanced than I am but we all start 
>>> somewhere lol
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help
>>>
>>> Dale
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
ardus.petus (319)
7/9/2006 3:55:55 PM
If the range might contain empty cells, you could try this:

=SUM(A:A,-LOOKUP(99^99,A:A))

-- 
HTH,

RD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ardus Petus" <ardus.petus@laposte.net> wrote in message
news:uwzizB3oGHA.2464@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> =SUM(OFFSET(A1,,,COUNTA(A:A)-2))
>
> HTH
> --
> AP
>
> "DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de news:
> aB9sg.71328$7Z6.54821@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> > Thx that will help with part of my problem but how would I make A16
> > variable.........for instance.....the last cell I enter could be A17 not
> > A16 but I don't want to keep going back to my formula to amend
it........
> >
> >
> > "Ardus Petus" <ardus.petus@laposte.net> wrote in message
> > news:uBCw3W1oGHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> >> To exclude cell A16:
> >> =SUM(A:A)-A16
> >>
> >> Not very elegant, but effcient!
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> --
> >> AP
> >>
> >> "DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de news:
> >> xB6sg.51172$181.12831@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> >>> Excel 2002
> >>>
> >>> Any one know how I can sum all the cell values in a column except the
> >>> value of the last cell to be entered which could be say half-way down
> >>> the column?
> >>>
> >>> Is there a function to exclude a particular cell from "sum" ?
> >>>
> >>> I know a lot of ppl are far more advanced than I am but we all start
> >>> somewhere lol
> >>>
> >>> Thanks for your help
> >>>
> >>> Dale
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
7/9/2006 5:10:23 PM
Ah! I read the OP's comment:

> of the last cell to be entered which could be say half-way down the 
> column?

as half way down a colum of figures.  Of course it is much more logical that 
the last used cell is half way down the column.

-- 
HTH

Sandy
In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland

sandymann2@mailinator.com
Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk


"Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message 
news:OpMfSq3oGHA.1600@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> If the range might contain empty cells, you could try this:
>
> =SUM(A:A,-LOOKUP(99^99,A:A))
>
> -- 
> HTH,
>
> RD
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit !
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> "Ardus Petus" <ardus.petus@laposte.net> wrote in message
> news:uwzizB3oGHA.2464@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> =SUM(OFFSET(A1,,,COUNTA(A:A)-2))
>>
>> HTH
>> --
>> AP
>>
>> "DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de news:
>> aB9sg.71328$7Z6.54821@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>> > Thx that will help with part of my problem but how would I make A16
>> > variable.........for instance.....the last cell I enter could be A17 
>> > not
>> > A16 but I don't want to keep going back to my formula to amend
> it........
>> >
>> >
>> > "Ardus Petus" <ardus.petus@laposte.net> wrote in message
>> > news:uBCw3W1oGHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> >> To exclude cell A16:
>> >> =SUM(A:A)-A16
>> >>
>> >> Not very elegant, but effcient!
>> >>
>> >> Cheers,
>> >> --
>> >> AP
>> >>
>> >> "DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de news:
>> >> xB6sg.51172$181.12831@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>> >>> Excel 2002
>> >>>
>> >>> Any one know how I can sum all the cell values in a column except the
>> >>> value of the last cell to be entered which could be say half-way down
>> >>> the column?
>> >>>
>> >>> Is there a function to exclude a particular cell from "sum" ?
>> >>>
>> >>> I know a lot of ppl are far more advanced than I am but we all start
>> >>> somewhere lol
>> >>>
>> >>> Thanks for your help
>> >>>
>> >>> Dale
>> >>>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
> 


0
sandymann2 (1054)
7/9/2006 8:56:41 PM
 Thx Ragdyer I think that has worked

thx

DF


"Sandy Mann" <sandymann2@mailinator.com> wrote in message 
news:exZ$az5oGHA.4268@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Ah! I read the OP's comment:
>
>> of the last cell to be entered which could be say half-way down the 
>> column?
>
> as half way down a colum of figures.  Of course it is much more logical 
> that the last used cell is half way down the column.
>
> -- 
> HTH
>
> Sandy
> In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
>
> sandymann2@mailinator.com
> Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>
>
> "Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message 
> news:OpMfSq3oGHA.1600@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> If the range might contain empty cells, you could try this:
>>
>> =SUM(A:A,-LOOKUP(99^99,A:A))
>>
>> -- 
>> HTH,
>>
>> RD
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit !
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> "Ardus Petus" <ardus.petus@laposte.net> wrote in message
>> news:uwzizB3oGHA.2464@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> =SUM(OFFSET(A1,,,COUNTA(A:A)-2))
>>>
>>> HTH
>>> --
>>> AP
>>>
>>> "DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de news:
>>> aB9sg.71328$7Z6.54821@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>> > Thx that will help with part of my problem but how would I make A16
>>> > variable.........for instance.....the last cell I enter could be A17 
>>> > not
>>> > A16 but I don't want to keep going back to my formula to amend
>> it........
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > "Ardus Petus" <ardus.petus@laposte.net> wrote in message
>>> > news:uBCw3W1oGHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> >> To exclude cell A16:
>>> >> =SUM(A:A)-A16
>>> >>
>>> >> Not very elegant, but effcient!
>>> >>
>>> >> Cheers,
>>> >> --
>>> >> AP
>>> >>
>>> >> "DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de 
>>> >> news:
>>> >> xB6sg.51172$181.12831@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>> >>> Excel 2002
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Any one know how I can sum all the cell values in a column except 
>>> >>> the
>>> >>> value of the last cell to be entered which could be say half-way 
>>> >>> down
>>> >>> the column?
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Is there a function to exclude a particular cell from "sum" ?
>>> >>>
>>> >>> I know a lot of ppl are far more advanced than I am but we all start
>>> >>> somewhere lol
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Thanks for your help
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Dale
>>> >>>
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >
>>> >
>>>
>>>
>>
>
> 


0
nospamthx (6)
7/10/2006 5:21:20 AM
Been having problems with posting.......some go missing and others aren't 
where they should be, sorry all but don't think it was my fault....

DF


"DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:ktlsg.296595$8W1.111297@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Thx Ragdyer I think that has worked
>
> thx
>
> DF
>
>
> "Sandy Mann" <sandymann2@mailinator.com> wrote in message 
> news:exZ$az5oGHA.4268@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Ah! I read the OP's comment:
>>
>>> of the last cell to be entered which could be say half-way down the 
>>> column?
>>
>> as half way down a colum of figures.  Of course it is much more logical 
>> that the last used cell is half way down the column.
>>
>> -- 
>> HTH
>>
>> Sandy
>> In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
>>
>> sandymann2@mailinator.com
>> Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>>
>>
>> "Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message 
>> news:OpMfSq3oGHA.1600@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> If the range might contain empty cells, you could try this:
>>>
>>> =SUM(A:A,-LOOKUP(99^99,A:A))
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> HTH,
>>>
>>> RD
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit 
>>> !
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> "Ardus Petus" <ardus.petus@laposte.net> wrote in message
>>> news:uwzizB3oGHA.2464@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>> =SUM(OFFSET(A1,,,COUNTA(A:A)-2))
>>>>
>>>> HTH
>>>> --
>>>> AP
>>>>
>>>> "DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de news:
>>>> aB9sg.71328$7Z6.54821@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>>> > Thx that will help with part of my problem but how would I make A16
>>>> > variable.........for instance.....the last cell I enter could be A17 
>>>> > not
>>>> > A16 but I don't want to keep going back to my formula to amend
>>> it........
>>>> >
>>>> >
>>>> > "Ardus Petus" <ardus.petus@laposte.net> wrote in message
>>>> > news:uBCw3W1oGHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>> >> To exclude cell A16:
>>>> >> =SUM(A:A)-A16
>>>> >>
>>>> >> Not very elegant, but effcient!
>>>> >>
>>>> >> Cheers,
>>>> >> --
>>>> >> AP
>>>> >>
>>>> >> "DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de 
>>>> >> news:
>>>> >> xB6sg.51172$181.12831@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>>> >>> Excel 2002
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> Any one know how I can sum all the cell values in a column except 
>>>> >>> the
>>>> >>> value of the last cell to be entered which could be say half-way 
>>>> >>> down
>>>> >>> the column?
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> Is there a function to exclude a particular cell from "sum" ?
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> I know a lot of ppl are far more advanced than I am but we all 
>>>> >>> start
>>>> >>> somewhere lol
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> Thanks for your help
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>> Dale
>>>> >>>
>>>> >>
>>>> >>
>>>> >
>>>> >
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
nospamthx (6)
7/10/2006 5:50:23 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Go To an address specfied in a cell
Hello Folks, Does anyone know how I can move the cursor to a cell, the address of which is specified in another cell? Here is the scenario. I enter a list of hours worked in a specfic week on a data entry sheet. I hit a button and the values are copied to a data summary sheet, the position depends on the Week No., the first cell is specfied as the address "Data!29" for Week 5. I reckon I can handle a recorded macro to copy and paste the data but how do I locate the correct start cell? I have tried copying and pasting into the GoTo box but that doesn't work. Data!J29 Wee...

Macro puts text if keyword is found in cell above
I have a sheet . in A column i have cells with text , and empty cells . I want the macro to search the column for given keyword . If found , to go to next cell in A column . If that cell in empty , it should put "No description" . If that cell is not empty , it should leave it as it is . Example : keyword : mother A1: mother goes home A2: house A3: empty A4: my mother is ... A5: empty So , A5 should become : "No description" Thanks ! -- andrei ------------------------------------------------------------------------ andrei's Profile: h...

makro that sums every new number entered in cell
my problem: i want to enter a number in A1 and everytime when u enter a number in a1 the macro adds the new number to the old one BUT in the end there sould be the hole thing in the cell as code... A1 A1 - 0 input "14" in A1 A1 - 14 input "10" in A1 A1 - 24 input "-2" in A1 A1 - 22 at the end A1 = "14 + 10 - 2 " = 22 so that u can controll what is typed in kind regards mario Mario, Although this can be done, reconsider. The cell would eat up what you've typed in, and you'll have no way...

Creating a drop down like menu for row of cells?
I have a bit of a problem with an excel worksheet that I have going, th whole sheet is about 450 rows with various bits of input data, an sub-totals for various sections calculated throughout it. In order to reduce the size and make it a little bit easier to navigat through, I am wondering if there is anyway to make rows drop down, lik say with an arrow to the side that a user can click on to have a grou of cells drop down, that way I can only have sub totals and su headings showing. Is this possible to do and how? I've tired searching through help but can't find anything, and don&#...

gci and -include and -exclude
I am trying get a limited set of files from a directory tree. The following is what i want but it doesn't work. I get everything. get-childitem -LiteralPath \rm5_0_code_h\source -include *.frm,*.ctl,*.bas,*.cls,*.cs,*.cpp,*.hpp,*.sql,*.java -Recurse I have even tried to exclude what i don't want but it doesn't seem to matter. get-childitem -LiteralPath $path -include *.frm,*.ctl,*.bas,*.cls,*.cs,*.cpp,*.hpp,*.sql,*.java -recurse -exclude *alter*.sql,*.dll,*.pdb,*.ncb,*.tlb,*.scc,*.bmp,*.ico i still get them all. what am i doing wrong? dan you have to a...

Datedif exclude weekends
Hello newsgroup gurus and users. Your kind assistance please. This question has probably been asked a millions times but I cant find it. Does any one have a solution to this. I want the date difference between two dates but exclude weekends. Many thanks Paul Paul, The NETWORKDAYS function will return the number of days, excluding weekend and optionally holidays, between two dates. See help for NETWORKDAYS for more information. This function is part of the Analysis Tool Pack add-in so you must have that add-in loaded; otherwise, you'll get a #NAME error. -- Cordially, Chip Pe...

active cell status disappears ??
If I leave the cursor in say C5, and come back to the computer a minute or so later, the Name box shows C5 as the active cell, but the cell isn't referenced anymore ... in other words, it's not "framed" showing that's where the cursor is ... I have to physically click the mouse in a cell to get the "frame" to come back ... This just started happening a week or so ago, on my work computer ... I don't know is someone else might have downloaded a virus or changed the settings ... Help ...??? When Excel itself loses focus (is no longer the active applic...

Timestamp a cell when row is updated.
I am looking for a solution. My spreadsheet has 5 columns that i do not want this to affect. The 6th column is "Last Updated". When i write comments in any cell after H i want it to put the updated date and time into "Last Updated" in that row. Another addition to this would be to check the last updated date, if it is upto 3days from today then turn green, upto 5days yellow and more than 7days red! I hope someone can help! Hi, generally this is very easy and the code is below but your question isn't clear. Is the 'Last updated' colu...

How do I auto fill long col. filling blanks with last filled cell
On a large worksheet, is there a way to fill the blanks in a column with the last filled cell without using the autofill handle? My worksheet is over 2000 rows and I am hoping to find some way to mass fill the blanks in Excel. Here is a small example of what I am talking about. Thanks for any tips. S1475 201686 506456 S1888 38254 15623 56731 S9564 46321 156323 M, This ought to work... http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip040.htm Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "MBBeginner" <MBBeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Moving Cells
I have a spreadsheet with text in A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, ..... and so on. I would like to have the text in each one of those fields run down the left side for example A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1, H1, I1, etc.... Can this be done? Thanks ! Ty Select all the appropriate cells in Column A, Copy, select B1, on the Edit menu select Paste Special, Transpose. Delete Column A. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Ty" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with text in A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, ..... and so on. > > I would like to have the text in each one of those fields run down th...

Excel 2007
Hi to all, I'm truly a beginner with pushing excel a bit, but what I'm trying to achieve seems logical and simple enough in my mind. I've got a simple daily sales sheet that is edited at each salepoint. I've got a drop-down list of vendors in Column A sorted in a Data Validation list so that much is straight forward, another few columns of details and {price totals} at the end, such as: Company X | Details | QTY | PriceEa | PriceTotal | I'm trying to automate a result that if the Company equals {Company1} then the total in that rows {pricetotal} gets added to a particul...

Show actual values added instead of cell references? (=A1+A4 shows as =10+2 in cell)
Is there a way to do this via VBA or formula? I want to show the values that are added instead of the cell references. Let's say I want to Add use a cell to calculate =A1+A4...with A1=10 and A4 = 2, I want the cell result to be 12 however the formula to be =10+2 instead of =A1+A4...is this possible? Check one of your other posts. Naji wrote: > > Is there a way to do this via VBA or formula? > > I want to show the values that are added instead of the cell > references. Let's say I want to Add use a cell to calculate > =A1+A4...with A1=10 and A4 = 2, ...

Show header in cell
I want to be able to show my header in a cell of the associated spreadsheet? Any ideas?? -- Thanks, Darrin How about turning things around and having a value in a cell (or cells) on your worksheet that then forms the header for your report. I'm not sure myself but this thread seemed to work OK for someone else .... http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=379477&highlight=cell+header Hope this helps -- tonywig ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tonywig's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18985 ...

Exclude a cell
Excel 2002 Any one know how I can sum all the cell values in a column except the value of the last cell to be entered which could be say half-way down the column? Is there a function to exclude a particular cell from "sum" ? I know a lot of ppl are far more advanced than I am but we all start somewhere lol Thanks for your help Dale To exclude cell A16: =SUM(A:A)-A16 Not very elegant, but effcient! Cheers, -- AP "DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de news: xB6sg.51172$181.12831@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Excel 2002 > &...

Referencing cells across sheets
Hi, I've created a workbook with three sheets. The first three columns of sheet 2 and sheet 3 are referenced to the first three columns of sheet 1. What I'd like to do, is set the workbook up so that if I insert a row before, between or after referenced rows in sheet one, a row will also be inserted, and referenced, in the corresponding place on sheets 2 and 3. Does anyone know how to do this? Also, if no data is entered into a cell on sheet one, the value shown in the corresponding cells of sheets '2' and '3' is '0'. I need those cells to remain bla...

Excluding zeros
I have stock data in excel which I'd like to chart using the high low close option. Problem is that the data contains zeros on some days. Can I get excel to ignore the zeros instead of plotting them. If not what's the best way of converting these zeros to blank cells so that Excel does not chart them. Thank you Hi Ben, Two ways: 1) replace zeros (or missing data) by =NA() 2) Tools/Options/Chart and specify what is to be done with missing values. Bernard "Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075901c3bff5$94a57530$a001280a@phx.gbl... &...

enter data in cell then run macro automatically
Hi, Is it possible that I can enter data into a cell and then the pressing of the enter key will cause a macro to run? Rick Yes. That type of macro is run from Event code. For more on events see Chip Pearson's site at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm Or David McRitchie's site at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:04:42 -0000, "R D S" <RDS@members.v21.co.uk> wrote: >Hi, > >Is it possible that I can enter data into a cell and then the pressing of >the enter key will cause a macro to...

How do I have two words under each other, in the same cell?
I've tried pressing shift+enter but I can't get it! Use Alt+Enter tj "Emma53" wrote: > I've tried pressing shift+enter but I can't get it! ...

Opening a template form & renaming it from a cell input automatica
I want to use Excel for a Form in our office, but i need to make sure that it is saved using the last name of the client found in a cell. How can i make this "idiot proof"? -- J Galt ...

Totaling Colored Cells
How can I get a subtotal for a range of cells that are colored? See http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm In article <6DE0D3A6-99B4-4BEE-ADCF-5F91AC9FF560@microsoft.com>, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I get a subtotal for a range of cells that are colored? How do I create a macro to do this? "JE McGimpsey" wrote: > See > > http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm > > > In article <6DE0D3A6-99B4-4BEE-ADCF-5F91AC9FF560@microsoft.com>, > "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Chart should read as blank cell not as 0,it shows blank but reads
A B c 1 Project Start Date Jan-10 2 Project Duration 25 3 Project Cost 1000000 In B6 i wriiten formula IF(ROWS($1:2)-1>C$2,"",ROWS($1:2)-1) In D6 i written formula IF(B6="","",B6/$C$2) in E6 i writtend formula IF(D6<=33.33%,(($I$1*D6^2)*100),IF(D6<=66.67%,($I$2*D6+$I$3),IF(D6>=66.67%,($I$4+$I$5*D6+$I$6*...

excluding repeating values
I have a column wuth date and some entries are repeating. I want to copy that data to another column, but do not want to copy duplicate values ( I want to exclude repeating values when copying and pasting). Is there an option to do that? Thanks. Neda Take a look at http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR In article <CE251167-21F0-470D-9641-508FD96D54FD@microsoft.com>, "neda5" <neda5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a column wuth date and some entries are repeating. I want to copy that > data to another column, but do not want to c...

Autofit Merged Cells? Can we do this?
I have a row that has merged column cells. Even if I choose autofit, it will not autofit. Is tehre a way to do this? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you search the group archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* using "merge autofit" (without quotes) as search terms, you'll find many posts on this topic, including links to a macro by Jim Rech that may work for you. In article <kenji4861.vwe00@excelf...

Summing 2 columns cells into a 3rd colums cells
In Excel 2007, I need the to add data from column L's cells 2-93 with the data from column M's cells 2-93 and have it total in Column N's cells 2-93. I'm hoping that there is an easier way than auto summing each pair of cells. This example is the smallest range that I have to due this with and auto summing is to time consuming. Please if you have a formula that I can use it would be extremly helpful. Just in case you haven't notice I'm still in the learning stages.................. -- Thank You, Wayne Cadigan Hi Wayne You can still do this ...

Outlook Rules for excluding & including email groups
Does any 1 know how to only send an out of office message to a specific group, for example any one with email ending with @iam.edu, I tried to creat a rule to inlcude certain business groups and also need to exclude certain server list too ...