Exciter: Custom Excel Applications!

If anyone is interested in a new site offering custom-built excel
macros for every use, please visit www.exciter.gr. We offer good
quality tools, priced by the project and not by the hour. Please
visit
www.exciter.gr to download demos and learn more.

0
mkexciter (6)
10/27/2007 7:16:47 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How do I export an excel file as fixed length records
I want to create a record within an export spreadsheet, export this to another file(not xls) and retain fixed length fields in the exported file. Does anybody know how this can be achieved? One way: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#fixedfield In article <BC3FFB85-75AF-4171-8807-A857FB04EA37@microsoft.com>, iainjh <iainjh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to create a record within an export spreadsheet, export this to > another file(not xls) and retain fixed length fields in the exported file. > Does anybody know how this can be achieved?...

CRM 3.0 doesn't send mail to customers
Hi All I've Installed CRM 3.0 on a domain, and a second Exchange Server 2003 to handle the users' mailboxes. The Exchange Router was installed, and the rules were deployed. I use the Web Client, and created a new customer (the DB is empty), and assigned an email address. But when I send a mail to that customer, the customer doesn't receipt the mail, but the customer's history shows as completed those mails. The second Exchange Server relays all mails to the first Exchange on the organisation. Any idea to put to work the mail? Thanks -- Luis Quiroz On Apr 16, 5...

Re: Excel 2007 column chart fill question
Hi, I would like to fill my column chart with cross hatch, vertical hatch, horizontal hatch, etc. instead of colours. The only method I've found currently is to fill with different picture types that have the different type of hatches. I'm certain there must be another method. Does anyone know how? Thank you. Hi, Pattern fills have been deprecated, MS term for removed, in 2007. Picture fill is the only way. Cheers Andy Anvah Gareson wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to fill my column chart with cross hatch, vertical hatch, > horizontal hatch, etc. instead of colours. ...

Re-post: How to maximize the Excel window?
I set schedule to open excel file, when it opens, the excel window's size is not maximized, and I have tried your approach, for manually opened approach, it works, but it still does not work on opening excel file, which is triggered by schedule task. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric "Dave Peterson" wrote: > You could create a new workbook and store it in your XLStart folder that > contains a macro that runs each time excel is opened. > > Lots of people use the name Personal.xls for this file. And they put all t...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

Auto Re-Numbering in Excel
Ok.. here's the problem.. I'm re-creating a seniority list for my company.. I need a column to show an employee's 'seniority number'.. (ex, the employee thats been with our company the longest would be assigned #1.. second longest #2.. etc..).. the problem is when someone quits or retires I have to manually change all the seniority numbers beneith them.. is there any way that Excel can do this automatically for me.. for administrative purposes.. I can arrange employees by hire date.. however our union wants each employees seniority number listed Thanks for ...

Check marks with mouse click in Excel Spreadsheet
Can somebody help me with this dilema. I want to have checks each tim I'm in a row/column in an excel spreadsheet, sort of like checking of things done on a chore list, but using the mouse left click. Anyone?????? Thanks Riki -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Rikia, here is one way Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) '**Put in worksheet code will put a check mark in column C, 'when you click in it, Click in the cell again and it will remove it If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Target.Column = 3 Then If Len(Trim(Target.Val...

Control of Customer/ Vendor Masters
Hi, This is a query regarding control of Customer/ Vendor Masters. We are using GP 7.50. After creation of a customer/ vendor master, you cannot alter the key field which in this case is the customer/ vendor number. However you can change the name of the customer/vendor in the card. We have given rights to a staffer to create new customers, but she now has the rights to change the names of existing customers. This was not the intention. Is there a way to allow her to create new customer, but prevent alteration of old customer cards? Thanks in advance Carl Field level security might...

Custom entity
Hi there, I posted a while back about suggestions for a group of accounts that I want to viewable organization wide. I am looking to make all of our 'Supplier' Accounts readable by the organization without having to make 'All' Accounts readable to the organization. One of the suggestions was to create a custom 'Suppliers' Entity. This works great except now I would like to relate all my 'Suppliers' employees as Contacts. I am thinking that 'Suppliers' would have a Parental relationship to Contacts, except that the system does not allow for Cu...

using a vb variable in an excel formula
I have a VB macro variable that I want to reference in an Excel formul (faulty code below gives me a #NAME? error) . There has to be an eas way to do this but I haven't found it yet. Thanks in advance. Sub test() ' ' Dim ok As String Dim no As String String1 = "ok" String2 = "no" Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "23" Range("B1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "45" Range("A2").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(R[-1]C>20, String1, String2)" End Su -- Message posted from http://w...

opening protected excel for windows file using excel for mac
I am attempting to open a file with locked cells, created using excel for windows, on a mac machine using excel for mac, but am getting "unable to open encrypted file". Is there any solution? Are the two Excel products incompatible in that way? Budseal wrote: > I am attempting to open a file with locked cells, created using excel for > windows, on a mac machine using excel for mac, but am getting "unable to open > encrypted file". > Is there any solution? Are the two Excel products incompatible in that way? > Excel for Mac can not open encr...

Powerpoint access excel graphs
Hello Ive just managed to get scores from a powerpoint quiz transfered into an access database, and i now want to pull the results back through and create graphs from them! What would be the best way to do this? Ive tried to link through excel with an access adodc and then back to powerpoint but that doesnt seem to work! Can anyone help? thanks Nick In article <5373cd2e-068f-44e9-abf1- 408cac5a6bdd@j4g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>, Nickooo87 wrote: > Hello > > Ive just managed to get scores from a powerpoint quiz transfered into > an access database, an...

custom toolbar
Using Excel 2003, how do I make a custom toolbar show on 2 rows? I don't think you can do this if you dock the toolbar (to the top/side/bottom). But if you let it float, you can resize it to any rectangular shape you want. dml wrote: > > Using Excel 2003, how do I make a custom toolbar show on 2 rows? -- Dave Peterson ...

MS Excel charts
When I tried to add a Trendline to an Excel chart today the Add Trendline option was inactive. I ran Detect and Repair and it did not appear. Any ideas what the fix might be? ...

Excel 2007 Paste Problem
Hi, I have Excel 2007 SP1. I autofilter my data and I copy the filtered rows. I open another spreadsheet and paste the data. When I do this I get blank data. It acts as if it pasted the data (it shows a highlighted area), but there is no data. Any ideas? Thanks I have Excel 2007 SP1 and have no problem copying and pasting the filtered data into a new workbook. Tyro "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:771C1004-7FB6-4E6D-9F76-A0F9264B3281@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have Excel 2007 SP1. I autofilter my data and I copy the filtered rows. &...

what to backup before Customization Maintenance
Hello: This GP 10.0 client has a Customization Site License, and I have successfully tested the importing of modified forms with VBA into one of their workstations. Other than the GP code folder, is there anything else that requires backing up prior to importing through Customization Maintenance? Perish the thought but, if the import of my mods messes up the workstations, I would rather not have to reinstall GP at all workstations. Restoring backups of code folders would not be anywhere near as frustrating. Anyway, I just want to be aware of what precautions I can take beforehand. ...

when customizations visible in outlook?
Hi, If i change a field in CRM, when will that be visible in outlook? after i publish? after outlook goes offline and back online? or after i restart outlook. At a client i only see my changes when i restart outlook. I find that odd. Normally if the SFO client is online, it should be update with the rest of crm right? Greetz Yes, I believe so . . . but you'll need to do an IISReset on the server after a customization change (and publish). -- Brandon Smith Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Cypress" <Cy...

Is it possible to suppress the Security Warning Popup for Selected Excel Files
My diary is based in excel. It has Macros in it. Is it possible to disable the Security Warning Pop-up for that single excel file without disabling it for all other excel files. TIA Gerry. Gerry You can sign the workbook and get rid of the "enable macros" without changing security level to low. For the macros warning, if just for your own use on your computer, you can use the SelfCert tool to create a certificate that sets the macros in a workbook to "Trusted" and does not display the macros warning. Check out Help on Digital Signing and the the Self-Cert utili...

johnlui@excite.com
Hi, I am having problems sending email from Word 2002. When you click the email icon, it gives "Word could not load the email envelope. This could be caused by a network connection problem or a problem with your Office installation" error message. I understand this happens to Office 2000, knowledge base Q260623, but it's happening to Office XP after installing Outlook 2003. Using Outlook 2002 does not present this problem. I uninstalled Outlook 2002 before installing Outlook 2003. I've tried removing the mail profile, recreating it, uninstalling the Office XP packa...

Using an Excel Sheet in a custom outlook form
I designed a form in Outlook 2003 and inserted an excel sheet in it with a bunch of formulas in it. Everything works fine except for a LOOKUP function. The same lookup function works in an excel spreadsheet outside the form, but does not work in the form. It gives an error that says the formula you types contains an error. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks, Prem. Lookup worked for me in a small test here. Can you provide exact steps to reproduce the problem? FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.progr...

Is there a template for legislative tracking in excel?
Something easily manipulated to make charts of activities. Tracking something for a campaign. Thanks, Liz ...

Failed to publish report to MS Office Word or Excel
I received this error when trying to export/convert an Access form to excel, other PCs at the same office works just fine. All PCs running Access 2003 in WIn/XP. The Error is: "Microsoft Access Cannot complete the output operation". The Visual Basic code you entered contains a syntax error or the Output procedures are not available. Make sure there isn't a syntax error in your code. If the syntax is correct, run Setup to reinstall Microsoft Office Access. If you want to preserve your security or custom settings, back up the Microsoft Office Access workgroup information file...

EXcel 2003 / # Characters
Hello, I paste text data from time to time into an excel spread sheet, and find that sometimes the result in the excel text field is filled with hash characters. The source of the data is the same in each case, yet some fields contain all # and the rest contain the correct text data. I have looked at the original to see & can't see what would cause this. Any help on this would be most appreciated. Abay Excel has a problem with Text formatted cells if they contain between 255 and 1024 characters and will show the pound signs #### Format to General and they will disappear. ...

Personal.XLS dosen't remain with Excel file when emailed
I have put together a simple spreadsheet that contains some visual basic (ie: pop up calendar). It all works fine at home (where I created it). Sent it to my workplace, tried to open it and got an error message telling me that Personal.xls couldn't be found. I can close out of that error window and the spreadsheet loads, but needless to say my popup calendar will not function properly. When I actually look in the VB Editor the whole Personal.xls file is missing. What is it I have to do so that this stays attached to my excel file when I email it? Thanks in advance for any input.....

Spreadsheet for customer product form
Hi, I am new and this is my first post. So please forgive me in advance fo my ignorance but I only know the basics of Excel right now. I have bee searching the web for days and finally came across your forum. What I am trying to accomplish is I want customers to be able to selec from a long list of products. How do I make several drop down list where they can select a product o more than one product in the list and then the product they select wit the information they input on that row, like quantity etc. will b added to another spreadsheet, and that spread sheet the rows will g one aft...