Excel2002 crashing when opening the pivot table

Excel 2002 crashes when I open the file having pivot table.
Excel 2002 goes down in processing of showing "Pivot table field list".
Please help me if you resolve the problem like that.
Thanks.

0
iam591 (1)
12/6/2003 3:09:15 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Running Powerpoint with other windows open
I was wonder if it was possible to run a PowerPoint Presentation and use another window at the same time. I need to run the slide show and get into Excel, Outlook, and Word all while the presentation is going. When I set it up the Presentation will be on the screen, it just stops the animation and doesn't continue on like it is suppose to. I am using to monitors so I don't see the problem. My question is can I open other windows while the presentation is going with transitions, animations, and timings wihtout a hitch? Thanks in advance for any advice. :) PowerPoi...

Array Bounds Write Errors on Recordset Open
When I'm running my application through Purify I keep getting "Array Bounds Write Errors". For example, when I execute the following code: CRecordset recSet(m_pDatabase); recSet.Open(CRecorset::forwardOnly, _T("SELECT hos_title from hosmas")); Purify reports the following: ABW: Array bounds write in MultiByteToWideChar Writing 120 bytes to 0x022850e0 (56 bytes at 0x02285120 illegal) CRecordset::PrepareAndExecute(void) [dbcore.cpp:2421] else { AFX_ODBC_CALL(::SQLPrepare(m_hstmt, (UCHAR*)lpszWSQL, SQL_NTS)); } This happens on EVERY database transaction that ...

Pivot table question #21
I have questionnaire data laid out horizontally like this: Session Session1 Question1 Question 2 Person 1 1 4 2 3 5 The numbers lining up with Question1 and Question2 are the numeric responses of Person1 and Person2. There are about 16 sessions and each one can have a differing number of participants. There are 10 questions for each session. In order to get a pivot table that aggregates each session and gives the average for each question in each session, I had to re-arrange the data vertically like t...

Controlling how IE is opened for login script status messages
In our login script, I have been using an Internet Explorer window to display status messages as the process runs. The code that I use to open IE is below. Lately, the script has not been running through. It stops or pauses before the window even opens. We have found that by removing the Google toolbar on the PCs having trouble the script runs without issue. I'm guessing that there is some type of update running by Google that doesn't like my script. Is there a way of specifying the "-extoff" option in the "with objIntExplorer" options below? I'...

Continual crashing of 2007 outlook
I installed 2007 office upgrade yesterday and have unistalled it today. So far it was the biggest mistake I have made with a Microsoft product. Each time I opened up Outlook it crashed on me and I could not open up anything else. I ended up having to shut it down after reading just one email and responding is out of the question. As well - I could not open up the calendar and then switch to email. It froze for minutes until I shut it down. I now uninstalled it - and it unistalled my 2003 office (great). Any suggestions before I throw the dang thing out? -- RTL Was there a specif...

Add a column outside pivot table and...
Hi! I�ve searched the web for my following question and it seems to b unanswered... I would like to work with my pivot table to make nex years budget.. I have a pivot table that a recieve through SQL serve where I�ve got this years numbers...And I would like to add a kolum (outside the pivot table) where I set next years budget so this kolum _must_ refer to the pivot table so that this numbers won�t change if change the layout of my pivot table....possible? Hope that you know what I mean...It�s hard to explain this in englis though I�m not a english spoken person...Please give me feeback i...

Trouble with open workbook code.
For some reason this code does not open the Workbook. It worked when it was in the Userform Code window. What did I do wrong? '******************************************************* 'Open New Engineer Spec 8 Control Button 'Located in M2_Open_New_Workbook '******************************************************* Private Sub Open_New_Engineer_Spec_8_Click() Call Open_New_Engineer_Spec End Sub Declarations ------------------------- Dim myMsg As String Module Code ---------------------------------------------------------- 'Open New Master Eng...

crash in storport miniport
hi all i am writing one storport miniport driver. my identify, report luns, and read capactiy commands are executed successfully, after that i am getting almost 25 read commands one by one. i am responding also successfully, but it crashes at some time, here is the windbg analysis, if anybody has any idea then please let me know, thanks, Hitesh ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ********************************************************...

Hyperlink crashes access
I am using Access 2007. When I use the following hyperlink, the web page will open but Access will crash, (not responding). http://www.lakecopropappr.com/property-details.aspx?AltKey=3799894 If I shorten the link to http://www.lakecopropappr.com/ everything is fine, the web page opens and Access is ok. But when I add any part of "property-details.aspx?AltKey=3799894" I get into trouble. It does not matter if the link is in a form, table or VBA, if crashes Access Charlie ...

excel2002
Hi all Sorry if this has been covered before: Is there any way to make an excel workbook always open on the same worksheet immaterial of where you actually saved or closed the workbook? Many thanks elwyn Elwyn, You need to use a VBA macro to do this. For example, Sub Auto_Open() Application.Goto Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("F5"),True End Sub This will take Excel to cell F5 on Sheet2 when the workbook is opened. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "elwyn" <nospamelwyn@rabley.fsnet.co....

How to open a form without show it in TaskBar
Hi. I would like to know if it's possible to open a form in access without show it in task bar. I know that it's possible in Visual Basic. Is it possible in Access? Regards, Marco Marco, In Access 2003, Tools >> Options >> View tab - uncheck the box for Windows in Taskbar. Jeanette Cunningham "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E492D97E-02AA-4E15-BF80-E71605DA0D57@microsoft.com... > Hi. I would like to know if it's possible to open a form in access without > show it in task bar. > > I know that it's ...

Can't open Money 2003 Deluxe & Business
Hi. This problem just started yesterday, prior to that it worked fine. I double clicked the MS Money icon on my desktop and the opening screen appeared, as it should. When I hit the "Sign In" or "Next>" button it started its thing. At the bottom it said "Signing in..." and the little dots started animating to let me know it was doing something. The problem is that it just kept animating and I never got in. There was no error messages. After a few minuites of waiting it just said "Microsoft Money (Not Responding)" in the title bar. I tried to ...

Microsoft Publisher Catalog Does not open when I launch the program
I have recently re-installed Microsoft Office 2K CD2 on my system that was reformatted and when I go to open Publisher the "Microsoft Publisher Catalog" does not appear and it will not let me click on any icons or type any commands. At this point Publisher is absolutely unusable. I can however open previously saved publication files. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, I would greatly appreciate a solution. Thanks Brian Did you install all the 2000 updates? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en Office 2000 updates and patches relea...

money 2002 crashes when importing transactions
from approx mid july I have been unable to downlaod transactions from my bank. Note this is in Australia so if is not an automatic link. I manually trigger the downlaod and MS Money knows to import the file that my PC gets. Money status bar says "processing statement" and then pops up the error has occured box. It has the following info: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 10.0.0.904 ModName: mnyob99.dll ModVer: 10.0.0.904 Offset: 0014c5fe I have tried an uninstall and then reinstall into a new folder on different logical drive. I have also tried the xml fixes at http://supp...

creating tables in VBA
I am trying to get this code to work. IT is supposed to create a table when a button is clicked. This code is not working. When I attempt it, access gives me the error "Runtime Error 3219: Invalid Operation" This occurs at the line that says 'db.tabledefs.append(tbdf)' Any ideas? Dim tbdf As DAO.TableDef Dim db As DAO.Database Dim fld As DAO.Field Set db = CurrentDb Set tbdf = db.CreateTableDef(strFilename) tbdf.Fields.Append (tbdf.CreateField("Drawing")) db.TableDefs.Append (tbdf) 'refresh the table collection db.Tab...

different behavior in Excel2002
I have an empty WB with VBA code in IT in Excel 2002: Sub main() Dim wb As Workbook Set wb = ActiveWorkbook 'wb.SaveAs Filename:="\\nygisw906107\My Documents\test.xls" wb.SaveAs Filename:="c:\Documents and Settings\1igodzin\My Documents\test.xls" 'wb.Save End Sub I am trying to save this WB using wb.Saveas in the same place with the same name. Depending how I Open the WB only one of these lines is working. 1. open using File|Open . in this case second statement is working. 2. open using Start|Run \\nygisw906107\My Documents\test.xls just first statement is workin...

Excel 2007 does not open to full screen size
Well, it does much of the time, but every so often it does not. I like working with the worksheet full screen size. Sometimes I'll minimize the size to allow two different thing to be viewed at once, but I always click the full size icon in the upper right before I save and close down. For some reason I sort of remember clicking on a box in Excel 2003 that will allow Excel to always open full screen. I can not find that option in 2007. I tried the Big Round icon in the upper left corner then into Excel Options Tabs. But can not see where I can do what I did with 2003. Your help i...

Page keeps crashing Publisher
We have a 4 page Publisher document made by a staff member & it always crashes when you click on page 2. All other pages work. Happens on different models of computers but all have XPsp2 and Office XP with SP3. Document is plain A4 size and doesn't have anything too fancy - just text & images. Anyone got any ideas? Corrupt image on page 2?? Try turning off the images, view, pictures, hide pictures. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "...

COleDataSource::Empty() crashes
Hi, Does any one there has any idea why some times COleDataSource::Empty() statement crashes when it is executed at random? when i look into the MFC source code, it showed a location where the following line of code exists. ::ReleaseStgMedium(&m_pDataCache[nIndex].m_stgMedium); regards Thameem ...

can't open custom dictionary when using Outlook 2000
I get an error message that says i can't open custom dictionary in Outlook 2000, when using Word as the Editor. I can find the custom dictionary on the C: drive, though. The PC is Win 2000. ...

Call to a virtual method crashes
Hi all.. I have a main application that defines this abstract class: class CDevice { public: CDevice() {} virtual ~CDevice() {}; virtual CMultiDocTemplate* LoadDocTemplate() = 0; }; I have in a DLL a class derived from CDevice, this way: class C__HandKey : public CDevice { public: C__HandKey(HMODULE hModule); virtual ~C__HandKey(); CMultiDocTemplate* LoadDocTemplate(); }; Finally, from the main application I'm calling, CMultiDocTemplate* pDocTemplate = (CMultiDocTemplate*) ((CDevice *)pDevice)->LoadDocTemplate(); Where pDevice is a pointer to a variable of C__HandKey typ...

File Open Other Users mailbox
When you are asked to open a mailbox for someone, and you use File, Open, Other users Mailbox. How do you then get rid of that from your Outlook settings. I am sure I used to be able to do this. I have Outlook 2000 and Exchange 5.5. I dont mean the adding additional mailboxes, I can do that. Thanks John You mean from the last opened list? These entries are contained in the registry; [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles] -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, ...

Opening Word files

Crashing in idle loop
My MFC app keeps crashing in the idle loop. Running in debug mode I get the message "User breakpoint called from code". The last recognisable item on the call stack is: AfxUnlockTempMaps(int 1) line 49 This has been called from CWinThread::OnIdle() The point of failure is about a dozen subroutine calls further down, those calls being stuff like OLE32, KERNEL32 and NTDLL. If I hit F5 the program carries on running OK. I have had some reports of crashes with the release version in the field and wonder if it could be connected. Any idea what is going on at this point and w...

How do i print multiple document files without opening them?
How do i print multiple document files without opening them? I used to be able to highlight them and print them with no problem....office 2003 does not handle this well. Any help would be appreciated.........Don Hi what happens exactly for me as it works for me? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Don-Kinston" <Don-Kinston@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:823701A3-DF29-44CC-BA8F-768427DA671E@microsoft.com... > How do i print multiple document files without opening them? I used to be > able to highlight them and print them with no probl...