Excel output question. this is difficult to explain sorry!

OK I have a business where I take orders for certain stock #s (I have
a stock list of part #s and sizes for those part #s).  When a customer
orders, they will write what # of parts they want of each of the
sizes, or just not write anything if they dont want it.  The top row
is the sizes, down the sides are the part #s...and across (under the
sizes, are the quantity of each they want)  For example, this is what
two lines of my spreadsheet/ordersheet could like:

Sizes
                               4       5       6        7
8       9       10       11       12
Part #
x45l2                        0     2        0        0        0
0        0         1        0
x45l3                        1     0        0        0        0
0        2         0        0

OK I hope that makes sense, if it doesnt, I could send you an actual
order sheet to show you.   What I then do, is take those, and write up
a list of only the parts I need for the factory, obviously I dont need
to write up the 0's...like this:

x45l2     2/5
x45l2     1/11
x45l3     1/4
x45l3     2/10

Eventually I also make up labels, but thats another story.
Is there either a function of excel, a 3rd party software add-on to
excel, or another program someone recommends to do this?   If someone
contacted me directly, I have a program written by a customer of mine
(only for them of course!), that takes a spreadsheet, and I import it
into access, and it then takes it, breaks it down and prints out the
labels.   BEST case scenario, would be someone to be able to take a
look at that program (including the access one) and break it down to
figure out how to edit it to my specifications (obviously my customer
doesnt want to help me help my other customers!).

I will GLADLY pay someone for their time if this can be completed.
Please contact me at ratedr1@aol.com with suggestions and/or quotes to
help me along with this.

SORRY FOR IT BEING SO LONG I JUST DIDNT WANT TO LEAVE ANYTHING OUT!

What I want to do, is to be able to print out orders to send out to
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

I'm think you are going to need a macro to do this.

Sub WriteOrder()
    Dim cell As Range
    For Each cell In Selection
        If cell <> 0 Then
            With Sheet3.Range("A65536").End(xlUp)
                .Offset(1, 0) = Cells(cell.Row, 1)
                .Offset(1, 1) = cell & "/" & Cells(1, cell.Column)
            End With
        End If
    Next cell
End Sub

This macro assumes you have the part numbers in column A on a sheet other
than Sheet3 and the size across the top on row 1.  This will output the
results to Sheet3 starting in cell A2 (I assume titles on row 1).  To run
this Format the cells in column B of the output sheet to text before you run
the macro.  The select the data range, starting in  B2 of the original data
sheet (exclude the titles on row 1 and in column A)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Ratedr" <raskinscott@gmail.com> wrote in message
> OK I have a business where I take orders for certain stock #s (I have
> a stock list of part #s and sizes for those part #s).  When a customer
> orders, they will write what # of parts they want of each of the
> sizes, or just not write anything if they dont want it.  The top row
> is the sizes, down the sides are the part #s...and across (under the
> sizes, are the quantity of each they want)  For example, this is what
> two lines of my spreadsheet/ordersheet could like:
>

> Sizes
>                               4       5       6        7
> 8       9       10       11       12
> Part #
> x45l2                        0     2        0        0        0
> 0        0         1        0
> x45l3                        1     0        0        0        0
> 0        2         0        0
>
> OK I hope that makes sense, if it doesnt, I could send you an actual
> order sheet to show you.   What I then do, is take those, and write up
> a list of only the parts I need for the factory, obviously I dont need
> to write up the 0's...like this:
>
> x45l2     2/5
> x45l2     1/11
> x45l3     1/4
> x45l3     2/10
>
> Eventually I also make up labels, but thats another story.
> Is there either a function of excel, a 3rd party software add-on to
> excel, or another program someone recommends to do this?   If someone
> contacted me directly, I have a program written by a customer of mine
> (only for them of course!), that takes a spreadsheet, and I import it
> into access, and it then takes it, breaks it down and prints out the
> labels.   BEST case scenario, would be someone to be able to take a
> look at that program (including the access one) and break it down to
> figure out how to edit it to my specifications (obviously my customer
> doesnt want to help me help my other customers!).
>
> I will GLADLY pay someone for their time if this can be completed.
> Please contact me at ratedr1@aol.com with suggestions and/or quotes to
> help me along with this.
>

> SORRY FOR IT BEING SO LONG I JUST DIDNT WANT TO LEAVE ANYTHING OUT!
>

> What I want to do, is to be able to print out orders to send out to

Very annoying behaviour of Excel 2003
Each time I am opening Excel, it is installing some component. This takes several minutes, and becomes very annoying. I recently had to reinstall XP and Office from the distribution CDs. I have the problem since then. It certainly has something to do with the install. Does anyone on this forum ever experienced such a behaviour. I am running Office 2003 on XP SP3. have you tried doing a repair in the help menu? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Jean" <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:020549D4-8070-46ED-8768-821EECD87C88@microsof...

My hide sheet option in excel is not working
My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out so I can not toggle nor use it to hide or unhide sheets. Security is at Medium - would appreciate any insight into how to fix this. Is the sheet protected? You cannot hide a protected sheet. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "arleen" <arleen @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D028B90F-6DDB-4DE6-9F5C-22C137FBE927@microsoft.com... > My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out > so I can not > toggle n...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

Excel template that lists each month's meetings w/ some detail
I'm looking for an Excel template that lists every month of the year with room to list weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings, including some detail for each meeting. Probably would need to be landscape oriented. The main intent is to give the person using it an idea of upcoming meetings, the intent of each and what prep is required. ...

How do I make a 'box and whisker plot' graph in Microsoft Excel?
I am in Year 12 and am doing a stats assignment. The project states that i MUST insert a box and whisker plot for some data, but i don't know how to do this. Does anybody know? Hi, Here are some sites on the topic of stats charting not just box and whisker. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html http://www.processtrends.com/toc_statistical_charts.htm http://tushar-mehta.com/publish_train/data_analysis/16.htm http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Year 12 student who needs help" &...

I've got a formula for stones and pounds
Hello, I've got a column that displays a series of weights in stones & pounds (both in the one cell). How do I get a chart to recognise and display in the same format? Regards, mikelenno What is the format of the cells with stone & pounds It is best to enter such values a 10 3/14 and format the cells with # ??/14 best wishes from one who is INT(275,14) stone & MOD(250,14) lbs -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "mikelenno" <mikelenno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AD608FA-5367-4CED-AD76-1F54228EFDBA...

Listbox questions
If I add like 20 items to my userform's listbox control, how can I determine if a user selects or double clicks on item 10?? I'm just trying to figure out which event handles when an item is selected or double clicked. Thank you Assuming your listbox is ListBox1, if you use: Private Sub ListBox1_Click() MsgBox "You Selected" & Me.ListBox1.Value End Sub The above code would display a message box that tells you what selection you made, if the ListBox1 is not a multiselect type. "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

2 Questions
Hi I run Win 2K with Excel 2K Question 1 I have some VB code in the "Sheet 1" module of my excel file. The code is as follows: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column <> 12 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula) ErrHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub I would like this code to run automatically whenever the file is opened. (I am assuming that this would remove the enable/disable dialog box option when opening the file) Can someone tell ...

Pivot Table Question #15
Hey all, Love pivot tables but i have a question, the table is set up as so Month Pallet# BoxesPur BoxesSold Price Frt Gross Net Jan 1 5 1.0 ..3 Formula Formula 2 5 2.0 .5 3 10 3 .15 Jan Total 10 10 6.0 ..95 So, the problem is in the Jan Total row, is there a way...

Excel problem #3

Mock question?
Hi all Not sure if this is the right group, I am happyo to repost to correct group if I know what that is! but in the mean time - here goes I am using NMock2 and I have question. I have the following interface: public interface ITime { int Hour { get; } } and the following weather service: public class WeatherService:ITime { public string GetTodaysWeather() { if (Hour >= 0 && Hour <= 6) { return "Sunny"; } else if (Hour >= 7 &&...

Excel formulation to automate values
Hi there, I have a little problem on arranging a small multi-worksheet excel here. Let me explain in a short way then give some details on it. I am trying to make an offers recordsheet which has two worksheets in it. One for products(and their base prices) and an offer sheet. I would like to use a bit dynamic data here. So when I type the name of the product excel would give me the price from other worksheet. in details; Prices worksheet is something like: A B 1 Product BasePrice 2 mouse 5 3 keyboard 8 4 ... And the ...

Removing hidden mailto:s from Excel?
I received a spreadsheet attachment yesterday and found a mailto:(my address) embedded in a cell under a text string. It was evident in a tooltip that appeared when cell was hovered-over. I told the sender who now says that many of her spreadsheets - used to handle group memberships - have such hidden addresses. What terms would she use to search for these pests, either in My Docs or on opening each sheet? ...

Using Excel in Mac office 2004 with Microsoft/Mac 2008:Analysis toolpack
Although I am disappointed with Office 2008 for Mac because of the absent of Analysis toolpack, I figured things out quite recently that I can still install my Mac office 2004 and use the excel package that contains the Analysis tool pack. How? ...... let me show you: 1. Insert your CD for Mac office 2004 2. When it open on your desk top, two options will be given to you to download the software (a) Office set-up assistant, and (b) Microsoft office 2004. 3. CHOOSE MICROSOFT OFFICE 2004 (Drag the icon onto your desk top) and it will start to run/download. 4. When done, this will appear as ...

force excel to run in only one process excel.exe
force excel to run in only one process excel.exe, excel seems to want to make multiple excel.exe loaded into memory which causes mysheet.copy to fail so i have to close out the xls, kill all running excel.exe, then run the xls again and the macro works. i only have to do this when i am actively debugging a lot. if i just run my macro w/o opening the vba debugger, i can run it as much as i want, but if i run with break points it crashes a lot because of multiple excel.exe loaded into memory. perhaps there is a way i can force excel to only load one excel.exe? Daniel, Are you using Automatio...

Excel not displaying German characters correctly.
This is a real puzzler. Has our entire office and IT department stumped. We have two machines (M1 / M2) which are equal spec/ operating system, applications, versions, etc... The only difference that we can see between the two machines is that one (M1) has Internet Explorer encoding set to "UTF-8" with "Automatic" selected. The other (M2) has "Western European ISO" with no automatic selected. Now, when the machines log into a web application and choose to download a German Excel file, M1 and M2 get the file correctly if they have their encoding settings...

MS Excel Paste Special>Paste All
Using MS Excel 2003 Paste Special> Paste All, doesnt quite paste the 'Column Widths'. Am I always required to do the two step dance, Paste Special> Column Widths and Paste Special>All. >>Am I always required to do the two step dance Yes<g>. -- Jim "Excel User" <Excel User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D34ED9D-5BD6-43AD-8773-1EB7229309B2@microsoft.com... | Using MS Excel 2003 | | Paste Special> Paste All, doesnt quite paste the 'Column Widths'. Am I | always required to do the two step dance, Paste Special> ...

Installation question 06-05-07
I have one server with sql2005 running MOSS 2007 (sharepoint) I would like that sql server also to run CRM dynamics 3.0 pro. We are only 5 users and its a rather fast server so we believe it will go fine performance vice. Can I install SRS from the crm3 disk on a SQL2005 ? does it NEED default website and port 80 ? (the MOSS are using that) any help appreciated Hello, I suggest install SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services (SRS) manually using the SQLServer 2005 installation media. Configure SRS to use a different (new) website, having its own application pool. Then during CRM setup speci...

Personal.xls not hidden in Excel 2007?
Hi, When I open a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 my Personal.xls file opens too, in a separate window. (I get a separate "tab" in my task bar.) If I remember correctly from Excel 2003 the Personal.xls was actually hidden and didn't open, but the macros in it were made available to open worksheets. In any case, that is the behavior I would like. Is there a setting somewhere that makes the Personal.xls stay hidden? I've tried putting it in program files/.../xlstart and in application data/.../xlstart. I've also tried making it a .xlsb file. Thanks, Sam I haven't tried...

Import directory data into Excel 2003
I have over 1000 media files that I would like to extract information from and put into an Excel spreadsheet. Using Explorer, I have defined the fields I would like to see, such as title, duration, comment etc. Now, I need to import this data into Excel. So far, I've not been able to find a way to do this. Can someone offer some suggestions please? Thanks, Nigel -- www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking... www.british-expats.com - Connect with British Expats World Wide www.kxez.com/shows_britishinv...