Excel data search help

I am asking for some help

I have a sheet which has full details of all the calls this month to
the helpdesk

I have a second sheet which has full details of all the systems on
contract and service pack

I need to find all the calls logged by contract customers and sp and
split them out for my boss

The only key that I can use (from what I can see) is the serial number
of the machine as it appears in both sheets and is unique

I am not sure how to do this can you help?

Thanks alot
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Depending on how your data is laid out, you might be able to use
VLOOKUP for this - the sought item needs to be in the leftmost column
of the table for this to work. If this is not the case, then you can
use an INDEX/MATCH combination, in which case the column in which you
are looking for a match can be anywhere.

Post back some more details on how your data is arranged and exactly
what you want returned if you need any further assistance.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 20, 11:31=A0am, stew <stewnorr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am asking for some help
>
> I have a sheet which has full details of all the calls this month to
> the helpdesk
>
> I have a second sheet which has full details of all the systems on
> contract and service pack
>
> I need to find all the calls logged by contract customers and sp and
> split them out for my boss
>
> The only key that I can use (from what I can see) is the serial number
> of the machine as it appears in both sheets and is unique
>
> I am not sure how to do this can you help?
>
> Thanks alot

0
pashurst (2576)
2/20/2008 4:10:14 PM
I have a number of columns of data I can move the serial number to the
left hand side that is not a problem.  What I want returned is all the
instances of the serial numbers in list b that appear in list a and
all the data from the rows.

Thanks

data input in text box

Excel 2007

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

MS Money 95 data files

Opening Excel Workbooks

Help with income/expenses

help with simple maths in excel

Sorting Data #5

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Need help with Auto Filter

Can anyone help ?

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Looking for help on timing within a function
At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes. They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of the database to show how long they have been working on the current work order, updating each time they sing out another order. I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work being done? Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done. In this ex...