Excel Data List Gets "Stuck" -- Help

This has now happened for the second time.  I have a "data list" that is
around 1800 rows in size.  Somcetimes, after I've filtered the data to
show just a small number of rows, it gets "stuck."  I  I am no longer
able to expand the list to show all the rows. I've gone in to all the
columns and chosen "All" for all the columns and it still does not
work.

I know I can highight the entire list and tell it to remove the list
and recreate the list, but that's a pain, and I lose some formatting.

Can anyone help me?

--
slobizman
slobizman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30522

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Why am I stuck in greyscale when printing my business cards?
In Publisher/Office2007, I changed my logo. Now as I view the publication, the colors are perfect, however as I go to print or preview, it changes to greyscale only. My publication should be red/white and blue...not grey. This was a HP printer problem. As near as I can ascertain this is fixed in the service packs. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/default.aspx Or if not you might want to check the web site of your model printer for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "electric dave" <electric dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

E-mails stuck in the Exchange Queues
From time to time I have noticed that the SMTP Queue will stop proccessing e-mails. I am forced to go into the queue which is several pages long and delete spam messages which then allows e-mails to go to the individual mailboxes. Can somone tell me why this is happening or how to clean the queues faster. Thanks A. This happens to me a few month ago and in my case it was spam,spam,spam.- my exchange server was trying to reply to a bad email address. a spam filter fixed my problem. as it takes care of spams before it hits my exchange server. Hope my two cents would work for you &qu...

iis smtp service messages stuck in queue
When I try to send email from the smtp service in iis on my workstation the messges get stuck in the queue. The even log shows ID 4000 Message delivery to the remote domain 'hotmail.com' failed for the following reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host. This occurs whether I'm trying to send to an outside address as above or to an account on my exchange server. This behaviour began after I migrated from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. We also upgraded AD to 2003 at this time. Thanks for your help, Hugh Did you test name resolution? can you find hotmail.com using ns...

FRx Report Manager Opens But Is Stuck In Taskbar.
I am running a test environment for GP 10 and part of our test is to get web port up and installed. I have installed FRx 674 and when attempting to open Report Manager it opens but nothing comes up on the screen. I can see it in the task bar and when trying to hit "restore" or "maximize" nothing happens. I have uninstalled and re-installed the product and not received any errors. All other aspects of FRx are working properly. Report server is up and running, WebPort runs, I just can not get into Report Manager to do anything. Any Suggestions? I have a few questions ...

Stuck
HI there, Seeing how iam stuck in this area of MSoffice, with no appearant link to other catigories i have to ask my question here concerning MSN explorer. I downloaded explorer 7.02 now i want to uninstall it, yet i cant there is no MSN explorer in my add remove programs, even when i click on show updates. I am running windows xp and there is no folder in widows directory leading me to MSN explorer, as some advice to type comands like : " %windir%\$NtUninstallie7beta2$\spuninst\spuninst.exe." to get rid of it, none of it seems to work at all... PAthetic of Microsoft to stoop to ...

Messages "Stuck" in Outbox...?
Howdy, I am running Outlook 2000 SR1 under Win2K. I have four messages "stuck" in the Outlook outbox. They are "stuck" in two senses. First, if I try to send, they are not sent, and they are not removed nor moved to the "Sent" folder. Also, if I open one of these messages, the toolbar that appears is the same as it would be for a message in the Inbox. So, rather than showing me a "Send" button, Outlook provides a "Reply" button. If I try to right click to delete any of these, I get a message that the PST file (which is on a remote system) &q...

Public folders stuck in Public Folder Instances
I'm trying my best to finish up this migration to Exchange 2007. I couldn't figure out how to use the PFMigrate tool to move public folders from Exchange 2003 to 2007, so I Right Clicked on the 2003 Public Folder Store and chose Move All Replicas. That was over 24 hours ago. I have about 180 public folders to move. The move for most of those folders took about 6 hours. However, I have 9 folders left in Public Folder Instances on the 2003 server that have been stuck there with the same KB size for the past 18 hours. They just don't seem to want to move. I've readded repli...

PPT 2007, Alignment to Slide stuck
I have just gotten PPT 2007, and I can not disable the "align to slide" feature on the alignment - under "Arrange". Do i need to adjust my preferences, and how do I do that? Or maybe my copy is corrupted? Thanks in advance to anyone out there! -- Marc You need to click "Align selected objects" This is only available if you have at least two shapes selected. -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Marcus Analyst" wrote: &g...

"Transactions to read" stuck in MS Money Plus
Hi, I just upgraded from Microsoft Money 2007 to Microsoft Money Plus. Right after that, I ran into a problem where my mny file got corrupted. I repaired the file using the repair tool and it seemed to work. In the "View Log" section of the repair tool, it said it removed records from the online table (whatever that means). However, after this, when I download statements, the "Transactions to Read" count does not reduce even after accepting all transactions. Has anyone experienced this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Prerak Hello, I am having the exact sa...

My email is stuck! I can't send or receive.
TIA to anybody who can help. I've got a problem that has me scratching my head. It seems that my installation of OL 2003 has a problem. I've got about 200+ emails somewhere in cyberspace. I can't send or receive mail at all. I'll get the progress bar (Downloading message 1 of XXX)and nothing else. I get to 1 or 2 emails, and everything just stops. I called my ISP, and they told me that my webmail inbox had nothing in it. I put my settings into Outlook Express, and I get the same thing. I've run detect and repair from OL and from Add/Remove Programs and tried to download ...

Cannot delete messages stuck in Outbox (Outlook 2002)
Hi, I'm having that problem (again!) where an email I sent got stuck -- then my test email did, also... The error in the send/receive progress window is 'Unknown Error 0x8004060C.' When I try to delete them, I get 'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. (I did, but it didn't help!) I also toggled offline and on, and still couldn't delete. I can't even MOVE the emails -- says "can't move the items." Thanks! Mark H. Mark The first thing to try is to go off line with O...

Sales Batch stuck, can't remove...
I've got a client on GP 6.5(ish) and the've got a Sales batch that won't go away. They had one person posting it and one person editing at the same time (way before I cam on board) and now it won't go away. They've tried posting it several times, and it posts, but then shows up again as if it hasn't been posted. I've tried digging into the SQL backend to just delete the thing, but trying to find the Flag that says wether somethings been posted or \not is the perverbial needle in a haystack. I'd appreciate any help anyone can shed on finding data in the...

messagens are sent but are stuck in mailbox
Hello I have Windows 2000 and Outlook 6 A few days ago I noticed Outlook 6 was sending the messages in my Outbox over and over again.After being sent they appear in the sent folder but REMAIN in the Outbox, only to be sent again and again. I have tried to delete them with no success. Then I searched for and deleted outbox.dbx but it is still there!!!! I use up-to-date McAfee Antii-virus and have scanned twice but no viruses were found. Please help Simone Lima ...

Project Save stuck in the queue
Hi, We occasionally have a problem with projects seeming to get stuck in the queue, at about 96% or 98% complete. They may be in that state for hours, while other projects are saving in minutes. This only happens some of the time - the same project might save normally next time you try it. It does seem to be larger projects that get the problem, otherwise it's hard to discern any pattern. Has anyone else had a similar experience, and any clue as to what Project Server is doing? Thanks, Neil. Neil, do you have any error messages in the queue? -- Marc Soester [MV...

Outbound messages stuck in queue
I am having a problem sending messages through my Exchange server. When I check the Default SMTP queue, the queue shows a message waiting with a status of retry. Additionally, there are multiple other queues attempting to connect to domains to which I have not sent e-mail, all in a retry status. I am able to receive messages with no problem and also able to send messages if create a pop mail account in Outlook and I send through my ISP's SMTP server, so outside connectivity is achievable. How can I determine from where those additional queues (SPAM, I presume) are coming and why...

eMail gets stuck in Exchange queue when being sent from CRM 3.0
I am having trouble sending eMails from CRM 3 on an SBS 2003 R2 installation. When I send a message from CRM it gets stuck in the exchange queue - I cannot force it to be delivered. To remove it I have to delete it. The routing info looks OK when I check it. Any help greatly apprieciated. Does every email get stuck, or just a few? "Steward" wrote: > I am having trouble sending eMails from CRM 3 on an SBS 2003 R2 installation. > > When I send a message from CRM it gets stuck in the exchange queue - I > cannot force it to be delivered. To remove it I have to delet...

Outlook 2007 woes
Hi, I have had a lot of grief with my Outlook 2007 - periodically it freezes. When I try to kill the process, and restart, it keeps getting stuck at "updating cached messages (250/xxxx)". Everytime it is the magic number 250. I have to kill and restart a few times (today has been more than 10, hence this message), and then on one of these tries, it seems to get over the hurdle and I am able to use it. This usable period lasts for a few days/couple of weeks, and then I am back to the same kill/restart/kill/restart routine to get it going. My Outlook 2007 on one of these occasions ga...

Message stuck in the Categories
Whenever I submit a message from my IMF companion the message will never get delivered to the mail box. But when I run the IMF pick folder testing the administrator will get the message. In the message tracking system looks like these messages getting stuck in the category and staying stuck there. I am not having problem with any other email. I am running windows 2003 Exchange 2003 sp2. Anyone seen this problem? ...

Message stuck in Outbox #4
I mistakenly replied to an e-mail that was sent to an account that I no longer had a password for. When Outlook tried to send it through that account, it said somethin to the effect of, "This requires a certificate, do you want to continue." I clicked no. It froze my Outlook session. Now the item is still in my outbox; however, I cannot open it. When I click on the item, I get the message: "Can't open this item. Outlook has already begun transmitting this message." I am using Outlook 2003 on XP. >-----Original Message----- >I mistakenly replied to a...

Powershell (v1) periodically gets stuck
I've had this problem since beta of Powershell and it, to this day, still happens. Basically it seems to happen when running a PowerShell script interactively in a shell session. For example this morning I had a customer call me saying that the mailbox provisioning I had written script was 'hung'. I told them to press a key and when they did it completed (it had been in a hung state all night). This isn't a particular problem with an individual script as I've had it erratically over the past couple years with a number of different scripts. Does anyone k...

Messages stuck in Outbox after mail merge
After mail merge utilizing ACT database messages remain stuck in Outlook outbox. Each time I click "send" it freezes up and I get a message that the messages in question are in the process of being sent. I cannot delete or move the messages to another folder for the same aforementioned reason. Can anyone help me please?? ...

oversized MB item stuck in outbox
Sent email with too many photos. Keeps trying to send and I can't delete Set outlook offline, wait 5 min and delete. -- "atillacan" <atillacan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:421F7F93-6D5B-41D9-98A4-50D7CF7CB68A@microsoft.com... > Sent email with too many photos. Keeps trying to send and I can't delete atillacan wrote: > Sent email with too many photos. Keeps trying to send and I can't delete Delete an item stuck in the Outbox folder: - Load Outlook. - Put Outlook in offline mode (File -> Work Offline: enable). -...

Outlook stucks on retrieving data from exchange server and freeze
Intermittently the outlook giving error " Retrieving data from exchange server" and it stucks there for a while and then freezes and need to close the outlook and it is happening quite often now. "tsp1gms" wrote: > Intermittently the outlook giving error " Retrieving data from exchange > server" and it stucks there for a while and then freezes and need to close > the outlook and it is happening quite often now. Hi, When you check,is your Outlook offline when you get this error? And is your connection to your exchange server RP...

Merge to email stuck in outbox
We are using Office 2007 to do a merge to email. The problem is that the emails are stuck in the outbox. If I open a message and tell it to send it will, but I don't want to do this hundreds of times. Also, if I close outlook and then open it, 3 messages will be sent. This happens every time I close and then open outlook. I tried uninstalling my McAfee to see if that was holding up the sending process, and I ran outlook in safe mode but that didn't do anything either. Thanks, Daniel ...

Outlook 97 -- Outgoing message stuck in stooler
Help, my Outlook 97 is stuck!! I have a message which is terminally stuck in outgoing. When I try to open the outgoing email, I get the message - "This item cannot be opened. MAPI Stooler has already begun transmitting this message." Therefore, I cannot "delete" it. I have already changed the extensions on the MAPI files to "old" and re-installed the product. It did not work. We are on a network; however, the problem rests with my machine. Boo-hoo... No one else is experiencing any difficulties. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thank...