Excel 97 and 2007 on same computer

How can I *re-set* Windows XP SP2 to open all of my Excel files
(.xls.xlt.csv) in Excel 97 when double-clicking?

I also have Office 2007 installed inorder to sample the program, but not to
use as my primary office application at this time.

Thanks.

-Dennis

--
 Dennis Kessler
 http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture

You have to re-register the particular Excel version you want to open excel
files with

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214388/en-us

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message
> How can I *re-set* Windows XP SP2 to open all of my Excel files
> (.xls.xlt.csv) in Excel 97 when double-clicking?
>
> I also have Office 2007 installed inorder to sample the program, but not
> use as my primary office application at this time.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Dennis
>
> --
> Dennis Kessler
> http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture

0
terre081 (3244)
5/2/2008 10:24:51 PM
In article <uA5qXNKrIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
 "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote:

> You have to re-register the particular Excel version you want to open excel
> files with

The method in this article of re-registering by specificying the path to the
version of Excel 97 (8) that I want to use does not make the change work.
Actually, the path is already pointing to the version I want to run. I'm
unning Windows XP. That article is for Windows 2000. I tried it.

Excel 97 will open the double clicked file, if Excel 97 is already running.
This helps a lot so far. Thanks.

-Dennis

--
 Dennis Kessler
 http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture
0
nobody6067 (24)
5/3/2008 12:17:22 AM
If you are comfortable using the registry editor (Start->Run: Regedit.exe)
you can control which Excel opens XLS files like this:

-Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Sheet.8\shell\Open\command
-Delete or rename the "command" entry
-Edit "(Default)" to the full path to the Excel.exe you want e.g. "c:\<full
path>\Excel.exe" /e

--
Jim
> In article <uA5qXNKrIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote:
>
>> You have to re-register the particular Excel version you want to open
>> excel
>> files with

> The method in this article of re-registering by specificying the path to
> the
> version of Excel 97 (8) that I want to use does not make the change work.
> Actually, the path is already pointing to the version I want to run. I'm
> unning Windows XP. That article is for Windows 2000. I tried it.
>
> Excel 97 will open the double clicked file, if Excel 97 is already
> running.
> This helps a lot so far. Thanks.
>
> -Dennis
>
> --
> Dennis Kessler
> http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture

0
jrrech1 (131)
5/3/2008 1:46:55 PM
In article <#hv#jQSrIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
 "Jim Rech" <jrrech@live.com> wrote:

> If you are comfortable using the registry editor (Start->Run: Regedit.exe)
> you can control which Excel opens XLS files like this:
>
> -Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Sheet.8\shell\Open\command
> -Delete or rename the "command" entry
> -Edit "(Default)" to the full path to the Excel.exe you want e.g. "c:\<full
> path>\Excel.exe" /e
>

> --
> Jim

Jim,

That did not work, (I just tried).

The full path was already correct in the (Default).

I also deleted the entry 'in' the (command), although I didn't delete
(command); I just deleted the contents of (command). Didn't work.

I set the command back to the way it was before I edited it, and Excel 2007
opens the .xls file.

Thanks.

-Dennis

> "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message
> > In article <uA5qXNKrIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
> > "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote:
> >
> >> You have to re-register the particular Excel version you want to open
> >> excel
> >> files with
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214388/en-us
> >

> > The method in this article of re-registering by specificying the path to
> > the
> > version of Excel 97 (8) that I want to use does not make the change work.
> > Actually, the path is already pointing to the version I want to run. I'm
> > unning Windows XP. That article is for Windows 2000. I tried it.
> >
> > Excel 97 will open the double clicked file, if Excel 97 is already
> > running.
> > This helps a lot so far. Thanks.
> >
> > -Dennis
> >
> > --
> > Dennis Kessler
> > http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture

--
 Dennis Kessler
 http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture
0
nobody6067 (24)
5/3/2008 8:06:57 PM
Dennis, my suggestion works unfailingly I can say from manu years of
experience.  You cannot abridge it and then say it doesn't work.  You have
to do exactly what I said.  Were you to wager a million dollars I would fly
to your house for a show down<g>.

--
Jim
> In article <#hv#jQSrIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
> "Jim Rech" <jrrech@live.com> wrote:
>
>> If you are comfortable using the registry editor (Start->Run:
>> Regedit.exe)
>> you can control which Excel opens XLS files like this:
>>
>> -Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Sheet.8\shell\Open\command
>> -Delete or rename the "command" entry
>> -Edit "(Default)" to the full path to the Excel.exe you want e.g.
>> "c:\<full
>> path>\Excel.exe" /e
>>

>> --
>> Jim
>

> Jim,
>
> That did not work, (I just tried).
>
> The full path was already correct in the (Default).
>
> I also deleted the entry 'in' the (command), although I didn't delete
> (command); I just deleted the contents of (command). Didn't work.
>
> I set the command back to the way it was before I edited it, and Excel
> 2007
> opens the .xls file.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Dennis
>

>> "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message

>> > The method in this article of re-registering by specificying the path
>> > the
>> > version of Excel 97 (8) that I want to use does not make the change
>> > work.
>> > Actually, the path is already pointing to the version I want to run.
>> > I'm
>> > unning Windows XP. That article is for Windows 2000. I tried it.
>> >
>> > Excel 97 will open the double clicked file, if Excel 97 is already
>> > running.
>> > This helps a lot so far. Thanks.
>> >
>> > -Dennis
>> >
>> > --
>> > Dennis Kessler
>> > http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture
>>

> --
> Dennis Kessler
> http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture

0
jrrech1 (131)
5/3/2008 10:07:46 PM
In article <OtNwZoWrIHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
 "Jim Rech" <jrrech@live.com> wrote:

> Dennis, my suggestion works unfailingly I can say from manu years of
> experience.  You cannot abridge it and then say it doesn't work.  You have
> to do exactly what I said.  Were you to wager a million dollars I would fly
> to your house for a show down<g>.
>

> --
> Jim

Jim,

The only things that I can see that I didn't do exactly as you explained,
is...

1) I only deleted the contents of (command), and I did not close regedit.
2) I did not delete the (command) item.

but I did delete the contents of (command).

Are you sure you gave me the exact right path in regedit for this to work,
because that's where I did the editing.

Also, in (Default) the Excel 97 path was already entered as you recommended.

Thanks.

-Dennis

> "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message
> > In article <#hv#jQSrIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
> > "Jim Rech" <jrrech@live.com> wrote:
> >
> >> If you are comfortable using the registry editor (Start->Run:
> >> Regedit.exe)
> >> you can control which Excel opens XLS files like this:
> >>
> >> -Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Sheet.8\shell\Open\command
> >> -Delete or rename the "command" entry
> >> -Edit "(Default)" to the full path to the Excel.exe you want e.g.
> >> "c:\<full
> >> path>\Excel.exe" /e
> >>

> >> --
> >> Jim
> >

> > Jim,
> >
> > That did not work, (I just tried).
> >
> > The full path was already correct in the (Default).
> >
> > I also deleted the entry 'in' the (command), although I didn't delete
> > (command); I just deleted the contents of (command). Didn't work.
> >
> > I set the command back to the way it was before I edited it, and Excel
> > 2007
> > opens the .xls file.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > -Dennis
> >

> >> "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message

0
nobody6067 (24)
5/3/2008 10:50:27 PM
One addendum.  Windows will use an open Excel if there is one, even if it is
a different version than the registry is set for.  So make sure all Excels
are closed to test this.  Check you didn't edit the .5 or .12 key also.

--
Jim
"dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message
> In article <#hv#jQSrIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
> "Jim Rech" <jrrech@live.com> wrote:
>
>> If you are comfortable using the registry editor (Start->Run:
>> Regedit.exe)
>> you can control which Excel opens XLS files like this:
>>
>> -Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Sheet.8\shell\Open\command
>> -Delete or rename the "command" entry
>> -Edit "(Default)" to the full path to the Excel.exe you want e.g.
>> "c:\<full
>> path>\Excel.exe" /e
>>

>> --
>> Jim
>

> Jim,
>
> That did not work, (I just tried).
>
> The full path was already correct in the (Default).
>
> I also deleted the entry 'in' the (command), although I didn't delete
> (command); I just deleted the contents of (command). Didn't work.
>
> I set the command back to the way it was before I edited it, and Excel
> 2007
> opens the .xls file.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Dennis
>

>> "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message

>> > The method in this article of re-registering by specificying the path
>> > the
>> > version of Excel 97 (8) that I want to use does not make the change
>> > work.
>> > Actually, the path is already pointing to the version I want to run.
>> > I'm
>> > unning Windows XP. That article is for Windows 2000. I tried it.
>> >
>> > Excel 97 will open the double clicked file, if Excel 97 is already
>> > running.
>> > This helps a lot so far. Thanks.
>> >
>> > -Dennis
>> >
>> > --
>> > Dennis Kessler
>> > http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture
>>

> --
> Dennis Kessler
> http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture

0
jrrech1 (131)
5/3/2008 10:51:14 PM
In article <#zuDsAXrIHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
 "Jim Rech" <jrrech@live.com> wrote:

> One addendum.  Windows will use an open Excel if there is one, even if it is
> a different version than the registry is set for.  So make sure all Excels
> are closed to test this.  Check you didn't edit the .5 or .12 key also.
>
> --
> Jim

Jim,

You were exactly correct in your first instructions! . . .
I just tried again, and I this time 'deleted' the entire (command) item.
Then double-clicking on the .xls files did in fact open Excel 97.

Thank you.

But*, ...I now see that I would have to do that for each file type for Excel
97. So, . . .

Q) Is there a better way to quickly or properly switch back and forth
between Excel 97 and Excel 2007 and have each run fully and properly?

I'm guessing that I would have to un-register and re-register each
application, each time. Is that correct? And will I loose my customized
setting in each if I do this?

Thanks much.

-Dennis

> "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message
> > In article <#hv#jQSrIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
> > "Jim Rech" <jrrech@live.com> wrote:
> >
> >> If you are comfortable using the registry editor (Start->Run:
> >> Regedit.exe)
> >> you can control which Excel opens XLS files like this:
> >>
> >> -Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Sheet.8\shell\Open\command
> >> -Delete or rename the "command" entry
> >> -Edit "(Default)" to the full path to the Excel.exe you want e.g.
> >> "c:\<full
> >> path>\Excel.exe" /e
> >>

> >> --
> >> Jim
> >

> > Jim,
> >
> > That did not work, (I just tried).
> >
> > The full path was already correct in the (Default).
> >
> > I also deleted the entry 'in' the (command), although I didn't delete
> > (command); I just deleted the contents of (command). Didn't work.
> >
> > I set the command back to the way it was before I edited it, and Excel
> > 2007
> > opens the .xls file.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > -Dennis
> >

> >> "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message

0
nobody6067 (24)
5/3/2008 11:08:04 PM
Jim & Peo,

I hate to "hijack" this thread but a related question. I have 97,2003 & 2007
all on my computer. No partitions, etc.
When on a web page and I right click on the table>import to excel, xl2007
opens (before 2007 it was 2003). I would like to have it open in 2003 again.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Jim Rech" <jrrech@live.com> wrote in message
> If you are comfortable using the registry editor (Start->Run: Regedit.exe)
> you can control which Excel opens XLS files like this:
>
> -Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Sheet.8\shell\Open\command
> -Delete or rename the "command" entry
> -Edit "(Default)" to the full path to the Excel.exe you want e.g.
> "c:\<full path>\Excel.exe" /e
>

> --
> Jim
> "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message
>> In article <uA5qXNKrIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
>> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote:
>>
>>> You have to re-register the particular Excel version you want to open
>>> excel
>>> files with
>>>
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214388/en-us
>>

>> The method in this article of re-registering by specificying the path to
>> the
>> version of Excel 97 (8) that I want to use does not make the change work.
>> Actually, the path is already pointing to the version I want to run. I'm
>> unning Windows XP. That article is for Windows 2000. I tried it.
>>
>> Excel 97 will open the double clicked file, if Excel 97 is already
>> running.
>> This helps a lot so far. Thanks.
>>
>> -Dennis
>>
>> --
>> Dennis Kessler
>> http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture

0
dguillett1 (2487)
5/4/2008 1:35:07 PM
>>I now see that I would have to do that for each file type for Excel
97. So, . . .

But how many types of files will you be opening in Excel 97?  XLS, and?
Maybe CVS?

If I had to switch between versions frequently I'd try this:

-Set up the registry for Excel 97 and then select the Excel.Sheet.8 key in
Rededit and do a File, Export and save it as Excel97.Reg

Do the same for other versions. I'd copy both to the Desktop and then just
double-click the one you wanted to have control.

--
Jim
> In article <#zuDsAXrIHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
> "Jim Rech" <jrrech@live.com> wrote:
>
>> One addendum.  Windows will use an open Excel if there is one, even if it
>> is
>> a different version than the registry is set for.  So make sure all
>> Excels
>> are closed to test this.  Check you didn't edit the .5 or .12 key also.
>>
>> --
>> Jim
>

> Jim,
>
> You were exactly correct in your first instructions! . . .
> I just tried again, and I this time 'deleted' the entire (command) item.
> Then double-clicking on the .xls files did in fact open Excel 97.
>
> Thank you.
>

> But*, ...I now see that I would have to do that for each file type for
> Excel
> 97. So, . . .
>
> Q) Is there a better way to quickly or properly switch back and forth
> between Excel 97 and Excel 2007 and have each run fully and properly?
>
> I'm guessing that I would have to un-register and re-register each
> application, each time. Is that correct? And will I loose my customized
> setting in each if I do this?
>
> Thanks much.
>
> -Dennis
>

>> "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message

>> > Jim,
>> >
>> > That did not work, (I just tried).
>> >
>> > The full path was already correct in the (Default).
>> >
>> > I also deleted the entry 'in' the (command), although I didn't delete
>> > (command); I just deleted the contents of (command). Didn't work.
>> >
>> > I set the command back to the way it was before I edited it, and Excel
>> > 2007
>> > opens the .xls file.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > -Dennis

0
jrrech1 (131)
5/4/2008 4:09:50 PM
I'm on the run right now, Don, but I'll look at it later if no one beats me
to it.  I assume changing the Open key per this thread doesn't do it?

--
Jim
"Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> Jim & Peo,
>
> I hate to "hijack" this thread but a related question. I have 97,2003 &
> 2007 all on my computer. No partitions, etc.
> When on a web page and I right click on the table>import to excel, xl2007
> opens (before 2007 it was 2003). I would like to have it open in 2003
> again.
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "Jim Rech" <jrrech@live.com> wrote in message
>> If you are comfortable using the registry editor (Start->Run:
>> Regedit.exe) you can control which Excel opens XLS files like this:
>>
>> -Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Sheet.8\shell\Open\command
>> -Delete or rename the "command" entry
>> -Edit "(Default)" to the full path to the Excel.exe you want e.g.
>> "c:\<full path>\Excel.exe" /e
>>

>> --
>> Jim
>> "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message

>>> The method in this article of re-registering by specificying the path to
>>> the
>>> version of Excel 97 (8) that I want to use does not make the change
>>> work.
>>> Actually, the path is already pointing to the version I want to run. I'm
>>> unning Windows XP. That article is for Windows 2000. I tried it.
>>>
>>> Excel 97 will open the double clicked file, if Excel 97 is already
>>> running.
>>> This helps a lot so far. Thanks.
>>>
>>> -Dennis
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dennis Kessler
>>> http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture

0
jrrech1 (131)
5/4/2008 4:12:26 PM
In article <OjFsEFgrIHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
 "Jim Rech" <jrrech@live.com> wrote:

> >>I now see that I would have to do that for each file type for Excel
> 97. So, . . .
>
> But how many types of files will you be opening in Excel 97?  XLS, and?
> Maybe CVS?
>
> If I had to switch between versions frequently I'd try this:
>
> -Set up the registry for Excel 97 and then select the Excel.Sheet.8 key in
> Rededit and do a File, Export and save it as Excel97.Reg
>
> Do the same for other versions. I'd copy both to the Desktop and then just
> double-click the one you wanted to have control.
>

> --
> Jim

Jim,

Very nice idea with the .reg exports! Thanks.

Regarding how many file types, probably only xls,csv,xlt, but I was thining
there may be some other type working in the background, but maybe that
doesn't happen.

Thanks again.

-Dennis

> "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message
> > In article <#zuDsAXrIHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
> > "Jim Rech" <jrrech@live.com> wrote:
> >
> >> One addendum.  Windows will use an open Excel if there is one, even if it
> >> is
> >> a different version than the registry is set for.  So make sure all
> >> Excels
> >> are closed to test this.  Check you didn't edit the .5 or .12 key also.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jim
> >

> > Jim,
> >
> > You were exactly correct in your first instructions! . . .
> > I just tried again, and I this time 'deleted' the entire (command) item.
> > Then double-clicking on the .xls files did in fact open Excel 97.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> > But*, ...I now see that I would have to do that for each file type for
> > Excel
> > 97. So, . . .
> >
> > Q) Is there a better way to quickly or properly switch back and forth
> > between Excel 97 and Excel 2007 and have each run fully and properly?
> >
> > I'm guessing that I would have to un-register and re-register each
> > application, each time. Is that correct? And will I loose my customized
> > setting in each if I do this?
> >
> > Thanks much.
> >
> > -Dennis
> >

> >> "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message

0
nobody6067 (24)
5/4/2008 9:16:57 PM
It looks as if this key controls "Export to MS Excel" on my machine:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\LocalServer32

Set "(Default)" to the path to your favored Excel version (include
/automation if you want it the way Excel does it) and rename "LocalServer32"
to "LocalServer32x" or whatever.

Yes, "LocalServer32" occurs twice - once as part of the path and again as
the actual entry itself.

--
Jim
"Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> Jim & Peo,
>
> I hate to "hijack" this thread but a related question. I have 97,2003 &
> 2007 all on my computer. No partitions, etc.
> When on a web page and I right click on the table>import to excel, xl2007
> opens (before 2007 it was 2003). I would like to have it open in 2003
> again.
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "Jim Rech" <jrrech@live.com> wrote in message
>> If you are comfortable using the registry editor (Start->Run:
>> Regedit.exe) you can control which Excel opens XLS files like this:
>>
>> -Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Sheet.8\shell\Open\command
>> -Delete or rename the "command" entry
>> -Edit "(Default)" to the full path to the Excel.exe you want e.g.
>> "c:\<full path>\Excel.exe" /e
>>

>> --
>> Jim
>> "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message

>>> The method in this article of re-registering by specificying the path to
>>> the
>>> version of Excel 97 (8) that I want to use does not make the change
>>> work.
>>> Actually, the path is already pointing to the version I want to run. I'm
>>> unning Windows XP. That article is for Windows 2000. I tried it.
>>>
>>> Excel 97 will open the double clicked file, if Excel 97 is already
>>> running.
>>> This helps a lot so far. Thanks.
>>>
>>> -Dennis
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dennis Kessler
>>> http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture

0
jrrech1 (131)

Printing an Excel doucument

Creating HTML email in Outlook 2007
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2007 on XP SP3 and have suddenly run into a change in the way Outlook seems to work...or at least in the way that I like to use Outlook. Normally all my outgoing emails are in plain text but every now and again I need to send out an HTML email. I'll create the copy in Notepad with appropriate HTML coding and save it as a .htm file. I'll open up a new message, change the format to HTML and then insert the file as text. Up until now that system has worked just fine...until today. I went throught the same procedure and when I went to add file as ...

Windows Update

excel axes

Excel program

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Error Message When opening Excel

Excel number / date conversion

Email from Excel #3

version excel

Publisher 2007 crashes when trying to open website created with 20
One of my websites works with 2007 because it was named index.html within its file but the other doesn't that was named by its name.pub, I tried to rename it index.html but it didn't work, its icon became one of IE instead of Publisher like my first website. I ran office diagnostics and no error was found. Any help much appreciated. ...

double line spacing using excel 2000

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...

Append data to table...Access to 97 conversion error
Error 2391, Field 'F1' doesn't exist in the destination table Why do I get this error when I try to append data from a .csv file into an Acces table code line: DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, , "Invoice", Filename, False Please help ...

Conversion Excel 97 to Excel 2003
Hi There, I would like to convert Excel 97 files to excel 2003 I m using Save AS, but little bit confuse what type I have to choose "Microsoft Office Excel workbood (*.xls)" or "Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 workbook (*.xls)". We will not use Office 97 anymore next few weeks. Thank for your prompt response. Wayne You shouldn't have to do anything. If you feel the need, just save as microsoft excel workbook.xls -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8286...

Inner Borders in Excel 2007
Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for the range selected. In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders. Was this feature removed? I now have go to "format cells", then select the "borders" tab to do the same. Where did the buttons for inner vertical/horizontal boarders go? Thanks. louishong - Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <louishong@lycos.com> wrote in message...

Convert excel to java
Hi does anybody know a way to convert an XL spreadhseet (with charts) to a fully interactive Java object?? I have tried exceleverywhere and xlsius, but no luck! Thanks in advance -- shnim1 ...

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

How do I import Excel into Microsoft Money
#1 - This question is more likely to get an answer in the Money newsgroup than here #2 - Place your question in the body of the message, with a little more explanation of what you want to accomplish "Tax Help" wrote: > You can't do it directly. The only formats that Money can import are QIF and OFX. Go to Google and search for excel money import qif to get multiple hits including macros and/or commercial solutions. One the I found is http://www.bigredconsulting.com/AboutXLQIFConverter.htm Their program is $39. On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:55:03 -0800, "Tax H...