Excel 2010: two dots

Sometimes when entering data (words) when I put a dot I get two dots: I
enter prof. but I'm getting prof..

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

It might be the result of "auto correct" fixing it for you.
Find it on the Tools menu in xl2003 and earlier versions under "AutoCorrect Options"
In Excel 2010, it is found under... File | Options | Proofing
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"salonowiec" <debrza-nospam@interia.pl>
wrote in message news:jkes1m$krl$1@usenet.news.interia.pl...
> Sometimes when entering data (words) when I put a dot I get two dots: I enter prof. but I'm
> getting prof..

OL 2010 Date (Conversation) view
Hi - can't seem to find a way to fix this in Outlook 2010. My Inbox is set up to group incoming mail by date (Today, Yesterday, Last week, etc). In this new version, it also groups conversations by subject. I thought this was pretty cool, however, it groups unrelated conversations. Meaning, if I have two different senders send me a message, and the subject from both is "Hello" - all of the emails with that subject heading are grouped together. If the list is not expanded, it only shows one name in the From field - so, I have to remember that I had an email from anot...

Excel 2002 Pivot Table Newsgroup
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C596A9.0B0BF6A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there an Excel Pivot Table newsgroup or is it the one with excel = formulas/worksheet functions? ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C596A9.0B0BF6A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/h...

Excel to PDF w/ Data Tags
How would I go about printing an Excel Spreadsheet to a PDF? The PDF has some "Form Fields" in it and I need to assoicate cells in the spreadsheet to the "Form Fields". Is this possible? ...

Backgrounds in Excel #2
I want to be able to print the background in excel, and also when I PDF an excel file the background dissapears. How can I make it to print/view. Is there any way. Please help me. If there's a way to do it, would you please email me the steps to make it work. Thanks, Bianka ...

Quick Excel download for homework assignment
I have a homework assignment which requires preparing an excel spreadsheet for a mortgage. I can't afford to purchase the program at this time. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a free download in order to complete this assignment? It can be an earlier version or a trial version of Excel, as long as I can print the spreadsheet to turn in. "starme" <starme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11E98603-2CE2-4409-848D-0D3F35D89B92@microsoft.com... > I have a homework assignment which requires preparing an excel spreadsheet > for a mor...

Excel default
I would like to change the default settings on opening Excel in a similar way in which you can do with Word by changing normal.dot. However, I cannot find a comparable file. I would appreciate it if someone could point the way. Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Bill Excel does not have a Normal.dot as Word has. There are several ways to customize Excel workbooks and worksheets. Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT. Stor...

Maximum file size for excel documents?
Hi, Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much further I can go. Lots of data.... Hi see: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Parag wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 > workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much > further I can go. > > Lots of data.... Thanks "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > see: > http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm ...

Is there a way to extract data from an internet webpage using VB in Excel
Id like to extract some data from a table on a page on the internet when the user clicks a button a spreadsheet. I could write the code that examines the html and extracts the data myself , but is there a VB routine that i can load the html document into memory so i can search through it to extract the data The webpage is just a plain html document with a table 1/2 way through with the information in it i want. Douglas Hi Douglas have you checked out data / get external data / new web query the functionality of this is slightly different depending on your version - so if you'ld like ...

Excel 2000 Font Drop Down Menu
I'm running Win 2000 SP4 with Excel 2000 SR1 and IE 5.01SP4 with the International Fonts package installed. When I use the Font Drop Down Menu in Excel, it displays all the standard installed fonts plus non English fonts: namely Arial, Courier New and Times New Roman in CE, CYR, Greek and TUR. I don't have this problem in any other application. Any ideas on how to correct this? Chas. verktyg@nospamski.aol.com ...

two access table in one query
i design a report with access database i prepare a query with two table without joinning but the query return data more than one time Please solve my problem as soon as possible =?Utf-8?B?QWhtZWQgU2FsZWVt?= wrote: > > i design a report with access database i prepare a query with two table > without joinning but the query return data more than one time > > Please solve my problem as soon as possible If you don't join or cannot join the tables, a query will return any combination of records in your tables. So if table 1 as 10 records and table 2 has 5, th...

Sum products prices that are between two dates
Hi all, I was wondering if someone could tell me what the formula would be if I wanted to add the prices of products that were purchased between two dates. If column A was formatted with the dates between 01/01/06 and 31/01/06 and column B with the prices. Thanks in advance Maddoktor Hi Maddoktor In cell D1, enter the Start date required in cell E1 enter the end date required. In F1 =SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$100>=D1),--($A$1:$A$100<=E1),$B$1:$B$100) Change the ranges to suit. -- Regards Roger Govier "Maddoktor" <maddoktor@clinic.com> wrote in message news:e1v...

Expanding Excel
Apologies if this is posted in the wrong Excel section. I own a small chemical company that analyses various products for chemical impurities. I have a spectrophotometer connected to my PC that analyses the product and then exports the data into Excel and producs a graph. This is done via a plug-in for Excel produced by the spectro manufacturer. What I would like to do, if it is possible, is to have manually entered into Excel (or an Access Db) by myself, a library of information on all the impurities I come across during my daily business. I would then like to be able to overlay gr...

Formula in an Excel comment
If I have an item identifier in an Excel cell I would like to be able to see a summary of info about the item as a comment. As there will be many such identifiers possible in many rows, use of a formula in a comment to build the summary info from other cells/worksheets would be a big help. Even better would be if I could copy the comment from cell to cell so that the formula addressing automatically changes to suit the identifier in the new cell. ...

Excel file
I accidentaly replaced a file with a wrong file and then the wrong one was deleted. Is there any hope of me recovering the Excel sheet I replaced?? Carice I think that, in your heart of hearts, you know the answer to this question, don't you ? Yes / NO / Don't Know Have you backed it up recently ? That's your only chance Regards Trevor "Carice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1A17345-9395-4373-AC22-26C9B13DAF08@microsoft.com... > I accidentaly replaced a file with a wrong file and then the wrong one was deleted. Is there any ...

Renaming Access Query used by Excel
We want to rename some Access queries that are used by an Excel file in an External database query. But when we rename the queries in Access, the Excel Query fails, because is doesn't recognize the renamed queries, and is still looking for the old query names. Is there an easy way to fix the Excel query so it is looking for the new query name? Thanks. I haven't tested this, but I'm pretty sure it will work. Don't rename the Access Query....Make a copy of it in Access and rename the copy. Then, in Excel, edit the query View the SQL code and replace the old query refe...

How to open 123 files with excel
A client gave me files in Lotus 123. I have Excel 2002. Is there a way to open these files and convert to excel. The WK4 files he gave me convert but not the 123 files. There is no filter that allows Excel to read .123 files. So you have to convert them to a format Excel can read using 1-2-3 or Conversions Plus from www.datawiz.com -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Jeff B 813" <Jeff B 813@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6799DB18-8FC1-4D2D-999D-A10C7BFFD7A4@microsoft.com... |A client gave me files in Lotus 123. I have Excel 2002. Is there a way to | open thes...

Excel: Question
Hi. I am using Excel 2007 in a vista premium home esition. I have 3 worksheets, Sales Order, Companys, Product. On the sales order, I have a box I want to call company ID #, I want to select the company and I want it to populate the Companies address, I have the following Addess, City, County, State, Zip. I would like a window to show me company ID and Name, and when I click on it I want to put the ID number in the cell and like I mentioned the address filled out. Now I would like to know where I can find more info on this so I can read about it and do it or else just some basic info...

Excel's Dialog Box
Hi every body, I'm having trubles with excel's dialog box, I can creat and execute the excel dialog box, but when information is request by the dialog box and, so on answered by user, I don't know how to directionate the writen information, I mean, cut the info writen in the dialog box and paste it in one of the excel cell, ex. A2. Excel's dialog box is a lot of things. But assuming you have a "excel 5 dialogsheet" in your file. Insert a standard module if you don't have one already. Paste this macro into it: Sub WriteText() Sheets("Sheet1").Range(...

2005 Excel User Conference
Just a reminder about the 2005 Excel User Conference. Details can be found at: http://www.exceluserconference.com/ The conference will take place on Friday, September 16, 2005 - Saturday, September 17, 2005 and will be held at Stockyards Hotel Fort Worth, Texas USA. Mark your calendars and make plans to attend. This will be your opportunity to meet some of the regular posters and learn from some of the "masters". Don't miss out!! Everyone is welcome to help spread the word about this event. Messages posted in other forums in which you participate would be appreciated. We...

Need help with excel functions retrieving data
I hope someone may be able to help me out... I have a spreadsheet that is an output of all computers on our network and what applications are installed on them The spreadsheet is organized by all computer names listed in column A, and all software listed in column B. So, in column A, you will see multiple entries for each computer and in column B, you will see a different software name in each of the rows next to the computer name in column A. On another sheet, I would like to be able to choose from a dropdown list of computer names (grabbed from column A) and have it display all the softw...

Fill-in Word Form inside Excel Workbook?
I have a 3 sheet workbook (contractor billing forms) and wish to insert a Word "Form" (Release of Lien) into a 4th sheet and have the inserted "form" filled in by data from the other workbook sheets. The workbook transfers all redundant data into the other 2 sheets. The data is completed, then copied and renamed the next month [sequentially, ie: JobBill#1, JobBill#2, etc.] using the prior month as the starting point. The Release of Lien form could also use this redundant data, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the Word "fields" to upda...

Combine two formulas in one cell
I have a spreadsheet with formulas that calculates percentages and rankings. My boss wants to combine two formulas into one. He wants to see the percentage and the rank of that cell on the same line. Is there a way to combine two different formulas into one? Thanks for the help. T.R. You might get a better answer if you post the current formulas, but this may get you started: ="The Percentage is: " & text(yourpctformula,"0.00%) & " Rank is: " & yourrankformula You can use the =text() function to format the number the way you like. "T....

VBA in Excel to operate word
In excel VBA I need to open up a particular word document, save it as a different name then step back into vba for excel. Can anyone right an example piece of code that works for this? Thanks If that's all you're doing, it might be easier just using filecopy. FileCopy Source:="c:\myoldfolder\doc1.doc", _ Destination:="c:\mynewfolder\doc2.doc" HHH wrote: > > In excel VBA I need to open up a particular word document, save it as a different name then step back into vba for excel. Can anyone right an example piece of code that works for this? > Than...

DPM 2010 Agent Incompatible Alert
I have two DPM 2010 servers running on Win2K8 R2 - a primary and a secondary. Both servers were working fine on DPM 2010 RC. After I upgraded to DPM 2010 RTM, I am getting an 'Agent incompatible' status on two of my protected servers on the secondary DPM server. Both protected servers are getting good backups on the primary server. One of the servers is SharePoint and the other is SQL Server. However, the latest recovery points show current recovery points for both servers. It appears that the backup from primary server to secondary server are occurring successfully. How ...

Excel XP, I Need Help #2
Many thanks to the wise ones from the computer stupid ; -- XSmok ----------------------------------------------------------------------- XSmoky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1642 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27796 ...