Excel 2007 - Conditional results added together in a totals cell

Hi to all, I'm truly a beginner with pushing excel a bit, but what I'm trying to achieve seems logical and simple enough in my mind.

I've got a simple daily sales sheet that is edited at each salepoint. I've got a drop-down list of vendors in Column A sorted in a Data Validation list so that much is straight forward, another few columns of details and {price totals} at the end, such as:

Company X  | Details | QTY | PriceEa | PriceTotal |

I'm trying to automate a result that if the Company equals {Company1} then the total in that rows {pricetotal} gets added to a particular cell corresponding to that company only, which is in a summary matrix. Hopefully I've explained myself clearly enough?

Searching Active Directory For Users and Groups
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/940ae9c2-8ec4-4542-9bc8-d7a24fe7e0e1/searching-active-director.aspx
0
Dan
11/9/2009 3:53:08 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Suppose you list your vendors in column G, starting with G2. Then in
H2 you could have this formula:

=3DSUMIF(A:A,G2,E:E)

Then copy this down for as many vendors as you have in your list.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 9, 3:53=A0pm, Dan Trotter wrote:
> Hi to all, I'm truly a beginner with pushing excel a bit, but what I'm tr=
ying to achieve seems logical and simple enough in my mind.

> I've got a simple daily sales sheet that is edited at each salepoint. I'v=
e got a drop-down list of vendors in Column A sorted in a Data Validation l=
ist so that much is straight forward, another few columns of details and {p=
rice totals} at the end, such as:

> Company X =A0| Details | QTY | PriceEa | PriceTotal |
>
> I'm trying to automate a result that if the Company equals {Company1} the=
n the total in that rows {pricetotal} gets added to a particular cell corre=
sponding to that company only, which is in a summary matrix. Hopefully I've=
 explained myself clearly enough?

> Searching Active Directory For Users and Groupshttp://www.eggheadcafe.com=
/tutorials/aspnet/940ae9c2-8ec4-4542-9bc8-d...

0
pashurst (2576)

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

Printing an Excel doucument

Creating HTML email in Outlook 2007
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2007 on XP SP3 and have suddenly run into a change in the way Outlook seems to work...or at least in the way that I like to use Outlook. Normally all my outgoing emails are in plain text but every now and again I need to send out an HTML email. I'll create the copy in Notepad with appropriate HTML coding and save it as a .htm file. I'll open up a new message, change the format to HTML and then insert the file as text. Up until now that system has worked just fine...until today. I went throught the same procedure and when I went to add file as ...

Windows Update

Inclusive number of days and running total
Hi, I have a column of start dates (B) and a column of end dates (C). I would like to have the inclusive total of days. I would then like to have a running total of days for the callendar year as well as the total for any year and a grand total. Have been playing with DATEDIF but no luck so far. Cheers, Chris Just subtract the date in C from the date in B and format as General. Then SUM as required. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.c...

excel axes

Excel program

total size of files
I need a script to find out the number & total size of files based upon the file extention across about 30 servers. I'm searching for mdb files. The script will be run remotely against local drives on these servers. Thanks On Nov 18, 10:19=A0am, Tom1 <usernetu...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I need a script to find out the number & total size of files based > upon the file extention across about 30 servers. I'm searching for mdb > files. The script will be run remotely against local drives on these > servers. Thanks <warning> <aircode> with ...

Replicated AD in CRM
Hi, We have a potential client but need to clarify somthing. This company has a branch overseas, and another here in Melbourne Australia. Their AD is based in the overseas branch, the AD here is replicated with the one overseas. The overseas branch has Sieble and the Melbourne branch is wanting to install the Microsoft CRM. How will this work with the AD being replicated? When we do the install will we need to do anything with the AD in the overseas branch? Any help muchly appreciated. Thanks. Can you clarity your domain structure. Does the overseas branch use the same domain as the...

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Error Message When opening Excel

Adding an Account Transfer to the Budget
I would like to add an account transfer that occurs every month (to a college savings account) to my budget. I have the account set up in money but can’t figure out how to add the transfer to the budget. I have a similar transfer to a retirement account in the budget but can’t remember how I did it...maybe I added it when I initially set up the budget...shouldn’t I be able to add another? ...

Creating a Chart from Cells that use a List Box
Hi, I am trying to create a number of charts (e.g., pie, line etc) based on data that is slelected from a list box (i.e., data validation). What i would like to do is create the charts before any data is entered (if that makes sense) and as data is entered the charts will display this. ...

Excel number / date conversion

Budget Totaling Bug???
Any reason why my "enter your income" page on my budget says my income is $8,500 per month and then, when I finish the budget and go to the summary screen, it says my income is $7800 per month. Nothing is hidden, is this a bug? If my enter your income page says one thing and the summary another, whats up with that? Is one your gross amount and the other your net? "Christopher Glenn" wrote: > Any reason why my "enter your income" page on my budget says my income is > $8,500 per month and then, when I finish the budget and go to the summary > scr...

Email from Excel #3

version excel

double line spacing using excel 2000

Publisher 2007 crashes when trying to open website created with 20
One of my websites works with 2007 because it was named index.html within its file but the other doesn't that was named by its name.pub, I tried to rename it index.html but it didn't work, its icon became one of IE instead of Publisher like my first website. I ran office diagnostics and no error was found. Any help much appreciated. ...