Excel 2003 - VBA - Cell Select

I am driving a sheet with macros and sometimes cells are manipulated using
offset. This can get very convoluted and doesn't always work for me.

The current issue is as follows:

I would like to select a cell, then use the information in that cell and
others in the same row. Once I have completed cell data manipulation, I
would like to select the first 25 cells in that row and change the
background color to indicate that this is new data.
In VBA, how do I select a range when I do not know the row, I just work off
activecell and offset.

Thanks,

Craig

0
brandtcraig (111)
5/31/2008 8:39:28 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you are working off the active cell, then you can get the row from
ActiveCell.Row, so you can use this statement to select the first 25 cells
in the active cell's row...

Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1).Resize(0, 25).Select

Rick

"Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message
>I am driving a sheet with macros and sometimes cells are manipulated using
> offset. This can get very convoluted and doesn't always work for me.
>
> The current issue is as follows:
>
> I would like to select a cell, then use the information in that cell and
> others in the same row. Once I have completed cell data manipulation, I
> would like to select the first 25 cells in that row and change the
> background color to indicate that this is new data.
> In VBA, how do I select a range when I do not know the row, I just work
> off
> activecell and offset.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Craig

Rick,

I knew it could be done, I just couldn't figure out how.
Thank you

Craig

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote in
message news:ePEccM2wIHA.5580@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> If you are working off the active cell, then you can get the row from
> ActiveCell.Row, so you can use this statement to select the first 25 cells
> in the active cell's row...
>
> Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1).Resize(0, 25).Select
>
> Rick
>

> "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message
> >I am driving a sheet with macros and sometimes cells are manipulated
using
> > offset. This can get very convoluted and doesn't always work for me.
> >
> > The current issue is as follows:
> >
> > I would like to select a cell, then use the information in that cell and
> > others in the same row. Once I have completed cell data manipulation, I
> > would like to select the first 25 cells in that row and change the
> > background color to indicate that this is new data.
> > In VBA, how do I select a range when I do not know the row, I just work
> > off
> > activecell and offset.
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Craig

0
brandtcraig (111)
5/31/2008 9:47:11 PM
I bet you didn't want to resize it to 0 rows <vbg>:

Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1).Resize(1, 25).Select

--

Dave Peterson
0

Thanks for catching that.

Rick

>I bet you didn't want to resize it to 0 rows <vbg>:
>
> Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1).Resize(1, 25).Select
>
> "Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:
>>
>> If you are working off the active cell, then you can get the row from
>> ActiveCell.Row, so you can use this statement to select the first 25
>> cells
>> in the active cell's row...
>>
>> Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1).Resize(0, 25).Select
>>
>> Rick
>>
>> "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message
>> >I am driving a sheet with macros and sometimes cells are manipulated
>> >using
>> > offset. This can get very convoluted and doesn't always work for me.
>> >
>> > The current issue is as follows:
>> >
>> > I would like to select a cell, then use the information in that cell
>> > and
>> > others in the same row. Once I have completed cell data manipulation, I
>> > would like to select the first 25 cells in that row and change the
>> > background color to indicate that this is new data.
>> > In VBA, how do I select a range when I do not know the row, I just work
>> > off
>> > activecell and offset.
>> >

>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Craig
>> >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Thanks Guys!

I tried the first sample and it didn't work but you really answered my
question by introducing me to "ActiveCell.Row". My result was:
Range(Cells(ActiveCell.row,1),Cells(ActiveCell.row,25)).Select
Works like a charm.

message news:e%23PHlu2wIHA.3780@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Nope... not really. <lol>
>
> Thanks for catching that.
>
> Rick
>

> "Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in message
> >I bet you didn't want to resize it to 0 rows <vbg>:
> >
> > Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1).Resize(1, 25).Select
> >
> > "Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:
> >>
> >> If you are working off the active cell, then you can get the row from
> >> ActiveCell.Row, so you can use this statement to select the first 25
> >> cells
> >> in the active cell's row...
> >>
> >> Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1).Resize(0, 25).Select
> >>
> >> Rick
> >>
> >> "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message

> > --
> >
> > Dave Peterson

0
brandtcraig (111)

Filter to select from various fields on opening a form
I have a form called TDC and want to filter data in the following fields on opening the form: DiaryAction (text field); DiaryCategory (text field); DiarySubCategory (text field); Company (text field); ContactType (text field); DiaryItemClosed (a Yes/No field). At the same time, I want the option not to select anything in each of these fields. Please could somebody give me the steps to do this. I am doing this in Access 2007, but am creating it as an Access 2003 database. Thank you for any help. I meant to say that I want this from dropdown boxes, but forgot to say becau...

Printing an Excel doucument

Can�t open some mail in Exchange 2003
Hi! I�m using exchange 2003 and Outlook 2000 and 2003 I have some mail that I can�t open, I get the error "Can�t open this item, The operation failed." I can view, delete or take backup on the mails. I have tried to resote an old backup, the I get two mails with the exact same name, I can open the restored mail, but still not the orginal. How can I delete the bad mails? Is their a tool to check all the mailboxes for errors in Exchange 2003. Best regards Joakim Sweden ISINTEG will help you. Make sure that you have usable backup before you start. Jocke wrote: > Hi! > &g...

Windows Update

Value-of Select
Hi there, Im in a pickle chaps. I need to fetch information out from our raw XML files into a Style XSL sheet. Basically I have the commant <xsl:value-of select="Product/ProductCode"/> However the structure of the XML file is based like the following example <root> <Product> <ProductCode type="Seller">V1145</ProductCode> <ProductCode type="Buyer">H05439</ProductCode> </Product> </root> As you can see, we have different product codes based on Buyer and Sellers. However in my style sheet I only wan...

unable to open outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5B4B8.538D04A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi , i'm unable to open my Outlook 2003 , it gives error = message as "cannot start microsoft office outlook 2003,unable to open = the outlook window. the set of folders could not be opened . the server = is not available " plz help me to fix this issue With Regards, Ramesh.C ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5B4B8.538D04A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"...

excel axes

Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise?
Hi I am upgrading our server to Windows 2003 either Standard or Enterprise. I know that I want Exchange 2003 Enterprise because we have the Standard version at the moment and are about to hit the 16GB limit. Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise? What will Windows 2003 Enterprise give me that Standard does not? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. No you don't. You would only need Windows 2003 Enterprise if you are planning on doing clustering. I'm sure there are some other things it will get you, but clustering capability is one of the big additions. -...

Excel program

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Offline Defrag of Exchange 2003 not representing database size cor
I have Exchange 2003 Sp2 installed. I need to do an offline defrag due to database size. My database should be 15Gb smaller than the actual database size. When I run eseutil the defrag completes successfully but doesnt change the file size. The online defrag run correctly but only free up 10-15Mb. Any suggestions? What makes you think it should be 15GB smaller than it is? Nue "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8047F0C-D1DE-49B4-96AD-4F8B572CF381@microsoft.com... >I have Exchange 2003 Sp2 installed. I need to do an offline defrag due to >...

Error Message When opening Excel

Excel number / date conversion

Email from Excel #3

Outlook 2003 #28
Will Outlook 2003 allow install on one owner, two machines (desktop and Laptop), or do you have to purchase 2 copies? Dick ...

version excel

How can I set up a student data base using word 2003?
I am a music teacher and would like to set up a data base for my students including information regarding - exams, competitions and results. Names, ages, birthday reminders, parents details and goods and services delivered. I use Microsoft Office 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks. Decide what you want to keep track of and put each piece of information into separate cells. And one row per entry--don't put the data for one person on multiple rows. Try to keep your data on a single worksheet. If you thought that you'd want multiple worksheets (one for each class),...

double line spacing using excel 2000

Multi-select from a dropdown list
I have a dropdown list but wish to select more than one item from it - is this possible? Not really. Could you replace it with a listbox -- and allow multiple selections? PaulaG wrote: > > I have a dropdown list but wish to select more than one item from it - is > this possible? -- Dave Peterson Hi Paula Only with code This code (not written by me) will allow you to make multiple selections from a data validation cell, and will insert a comma between each selected value Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim rngDV As Range ...

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...