Excel 2003, problem with UK date format using OLE

I have a C++ package that sends data to a spreadsheet using OLE.  The
package works okay in Excel 97 and Excel 2000 systems, but has a
problem with Excel 2003.
  In Excel 2003 the "Date" column is not recognised as a date when the
"Locale" is "UK" (left as "General"), but date is recognised okay when
the "Locale" is "US".  If I just manually enter the date in "UK" it is
recognised okay.
I have tried formatting the column according to the "Locale"
("MM/DD/YY" or "DD/MM/YY" or "YY/MM/DD") before sending the data, and
leaving it as "General".  Both give the same problem.
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

CList problem: double entries...
I'm having trouble workin with a simple CList: the function always adds the first element twice and I don't know why. also, the later added elements do not appear immediately in the list, but only on the next function call... here is the code: ---------------- CList<CASystem, CASystem> AllCAS; CASystem *GetCreateCASystem(int ID) { bool bFound = false; CASystem *pCAS = NULL; // check if AS list exists if(AllCAS.IsEmpty()) { // create new AS pCAS = new CASystem; pCAS->ID = ID; ...

Printing an Excel doucument

Beware apparent Tax Estimator problem in M+
The Tax Line Manager shows a "tax category" (my term for lack of a better name--these are kinda cryptic like budget groups) called "State taxes" as being associated with Schedule A. I have a category "Taxes : State Income Tax - previous year" associated with "State taxes". Tax Line Manager shows amounts from transactions categorized as "Taxes : State Income Tax - previous year". So far so good. And there it stops. Tax Estimator doesn't add the amounts from this "State taxes" tax category into the "Deductible Taxes"...

Can�t open some mail in Exchange 2003
Hi! I�m using exchange 2003 and Outlook 2000 and 2003 I have some mail that I can�t open, I get the error "Can�t open this item, The operation failed." I can view, delete or take backup on the mails. I have tried to resote an old backup, the I get two mails with the exact same name, I can open the restored mail, but still not the orginal. How can I delete the bad mails? Is their a tool to check all the mailboxes for errors in Exchange 2003. Best regards Joakim Sweden ISINTEG will help you. Make sure that you have usable backup before you start. Jocke wrote: > Hi! > &g...

Windows Update

excel axes

unable to open outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5B4B8.538D04A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi , i'm unable to open my Outlook 2003 , it gives error = message as "cannot start microsoft office outlook 2003,unable to open = the outlook window. the set of folders could not be opened . the server = is not available " plz help me to fix this issue With Regards, Ramesh.C ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5B4B8.538D04A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"...

Excel program

Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise?
Hi I am upgrading our server to Windows 2003 either Standard or Enterprise. I know that I want Exchange 2003 Enterprise because we have the Standard version at the moment and are about to hit the 16GB limit. Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise? What will Windows 2003 Enterprise give me that Standard does not? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. No you don't. You would only need Windows 2003 Enterprise if you are planning on doing clustering. I'm sure there are some other things it will get you, but clustering capability is one of the big additions. -...

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Offline Defrag of Exchange 2003 not representing database size cor
I have Exchange 2003 Sp2 installed. I need to do an offline defrag due to database size. My database should be 15Gb smaller than the actual database size. When I run eseutil the defrag completes successfully but doesnt change the file size. The online defrag run correctly but only free up 10-15Mb. Any suggestions? What makes you think it should be 15GB smaller than it is? Nue "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8047F0C-D1DE-49B4-96AD-4F8B572CF381@microsoft.com... >I have Exchange 2003 Sp2 installed. I need to do an offline defrag due to >...

Creating a Chart from Cells that use a List Box
Hi, I am trying to create a number of charts (e.g., pie, line etc) based on data that is slelected from a list box (i.e., data validation). What i would like to do is create the charts before any data is entered (if that makes sense) and as data is entered the charts will display this. ...

Error Message When opening Excel

Excel number / date conversion

Email from Excel #3

Outlook 2003 #28
Will Outlook 2003 allow install on one owner, two machines (desktop and Laptop), or do you have to purchase 2 copies? Dick ...

How to turn whole page into JPEG format
I want to send a page made with Publisher 2000 with email. Because of the amount of the pictures it is 89 MB so I have to make it smaller and I do not want the receiver to be able to change anything on the page. Somebody told me to do this I can save the whole page as a picture and it will be secured and small file size. But how can I do this? Suzanne, Crete, Greece <Suzanne, Crete, Greece@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to send a page made with Publisher 2000 with email. Because of > the amount of the pictures it is 89 MB so I have to mak...

configure hyperlink formatting
I have added a special formatting to a cell and also the value it shows. When I make this cell as a hyperlink to another sheet (Ctrl-K) then Excel automatically changes the formatting of the cell (It achanges the font size, added underline, and when one clicks the hyperlink - the color also changes.) I want the hyperlink *to change nothing in the formatting* Is there a way to do that? Thanks! -- snoach ------------------------------------------------------------------------ snoach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23795 View this thread: http...

version excel