Excel 2003 - importing lotus files

I have a user in a remote location which I am not at with
a new Dell pc with Office 2003. He claims excel 2003 won't
open his older lotus.123 files.
 I'm guessing he needs to rerun setup and do either a
complete install or install the lotus converters. Can
anyone confirm that Excel 2003 can still read lotus 123
files?
0
anonymous (74722)
12/9/2003 2:50:20 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You may know the last 1-2-3 user alive    <g>

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 06:50:20 -0800, "TJD"

>I have a user in a remote location which I am not at with
>a new Dell pc with Office 2003. He claims excel 2003 won't
>open his older lotus.123 files.
> I'm guessing he needs to rerun setup and do either a
>complete install or install the lotus converters. Can
>anyone confirm that Excel 2003 can still read lotus 123
>files?

Mike Argy
Custom Office Solutions
and Windows/UNIX applications

Please post on-topic responses to the newsgroup

To e-mail me, remove nospam from the address in the headers
0
mikeargy (62)
12/10/2003 2:54:39 AM
On my Windows XP computer, and Excel 2003, I can do <File><Open> and one of
the "Files of Type" is:
    "Lotus 1-2-3 Files (*.wk?)"

I was able to open a *.wk1 file with no problem.  I "think" I remember that
option during my custom installation of Excel 2003.

--
Dana DeLouis
Using Windows XP  &  Office XP

"TJD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a user in a remote location which I am not at with
> a new Dell pc with Office 2003. He claims excel 2003 won't
> open his older lotus.123 files.
>  I'm guessing he needs to rerun setup and do either a
> complete install or install the lotus converters. Can
> anyone confirm that Excel 2003 can still read lotus 123
> files?

0
delouis (422)

edit "send to .txt" file
Is it possible to edit how the text file looks when you use the Send to option after printing to screen? I have a report that looks good on screen and printed, but when sent to text via send to option to send in email, the lines go all over (out of order). We just want a way to email each report to the appropriate person. The other option would be to print to file in the destination box, but that deletes all empty lines and kind of makes it hard to read. I'll take any suggestions. If we can do this, it will eliminate 150 paper copies per month. Thanks, Beth Beth, The easiest way...

Format Cells Date (or any change) not working on imported data
Hello, I've just spent ages researching this and not come up with what I need to be able to do. I have a worksheet for some simple data that has been imported, a date, text and number column (as they display graphically to the end user). All are a "general" format when using Format > Cells. The issue I have is that the date information is in an American date format and I would like to change them into a UK date format. Format > Cells and selecting any option (including custom and special) makes no changes to the imported data. I have seen the work arounds whereby you sp...

Linking a graph to a csv file
**Excel 2002 Hello, I'm sure this is exceedingly easy, but somehow, I'm screwing this up. I ultimately need to have a self- updating PowerPoint file (client mandates a ppt file). According to ppt's help, that means I have to use linked Excel graphs, not embedded ppt graphs. However, my programmer will be supplying me with tons of csv files. When I try to create an excel file with a data link to a csv file, it tells me that it can't update it unless I open the source file. I *can't* take the time to open each csv - there will be hundreds. What am I missing wi...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Opening a new instance of Excel

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

outlook 2000 help file

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

Outlook 2003

Excel Crash

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

Excel ignores boot-time regional settings when interpreting a date
I have a third party DDE app that exports dates as strings, correctly using the short date format in the regional and language settings, which, in my case is MM/DD/YYYY (reset at every boot). Unfortunately excel insists in interpreting that date as DD/MM/YYYY [Application.International(xlDateOrder)=1, it should be 0], disregarding my regional settings. The result is that all the dates are wrong or #VALUES! If this is not wierd enough, listen to this: it only happens after I reboot (when the date format is reset to MM/DD/YYYY). If subsequently I change the short date format in the regional se...

Excel to check for regular expression?
Hi, How do you use Regular expression in excel? For eg: Check a column of data to see whether are all of them valid email addresses? Please advise THanks By valid, do you mean that the email is in proper syntax or that it is an actual email address. Text formulas can be used for proper syntax. Perhaps a Visual Basic proceedure. I doubt you can check that the email address actually exists, as many companies and ISPs will simply disregard and drop mail to invalid email addresses to eliminate spam "user" wrote: > Hi, > > How do you use Regular expression ...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

List Shows Private Files
DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS? Whenever I save an attachment, and go to the drop down menu for file name, I am shown a list of dozens of files recently accessed on the computer (not just files accessed by Outlook Express). This occurs even if recent cocuments is turned off in Windows XP and even if the recent documents folder for Windows XP has been cleared. This shows too much! Others using Outlook Express on the same computer can potentially view the file names of every document, image, and device recently accessed. Where is the folder to clear this data out of? duncan <anonym...

connect a form to excel database
I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would like to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the details and price from my excel database. Can this be done? Excel has built in option--try data|form. If that doesn't quite work, but it's close, John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm And if you want to design your own, Debra Dalgleish has a get started with userforms: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Kathy wrote: > > I have a database in excel which lists our stock and p...