Excel 2000 and SaveAs

Running Excel 2000 using VBA.  Have 2 workbooks open.
Using VBA can create a 3rd workbook, copy sheets from 1 of
the open workbooks to 3rd, then activate 3rd workbook.
When trying to save book3 using SaveAs however, Excel
closes the 3rd book without saving it and renames 1 of the
original books to new name and saves it.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeanne
0
jdaly1 (1)
9/3/2003 3:34:59 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Jeanne,

Maybe there's only one sheet on the first workbook and you're moving it and
not copying.
Verify this and, if you don't have success, post your code here for me or
other people analyzes it.

HTH

---
Orlando Magalh´┐Żes Filho

(So that you get best and rapid solution and all may benefit from the
discussion, please reply within the newsgroup, not in email)

"Jeanne" <jdaly@foxboro.com> escreveu na mensagem
> Running Excel 2000 using VBA.  Have 2 workbooks open.
> Using VBA can create a 3rd workbook, copy sheets from 1 of
> the open workbooks to 3rd, then activate 3rd workbook.
> When trying to save book3 using SaveAs however, Excel
> closes the 3rd book without saving it and renames 1 of the
> original books to new name and saves it.
>
> Any insights would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeanne

0
orlandof6 (56)

Outlook 2000 error message
Whenever I try to start Outlook 2000, I get this error message. "An OLE registration error occured. The program is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program." Then when I click the OK button, Outlook closes. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling both Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express, but this error wont go away. Any help would be much appreciated. I am running Windows NT. Thanks Are you logged on with Administrative rights when installing Outlook? >-----Original Message----- >Whenever I try to start Outlook 2000, I get this error >message. "...

Can I convert an Outlook 2000 PST to Outlook 2003
We have upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Is there a fast way to convert my old PST files to Outlook 2003 so that they are not limited to 2 GB size? I don't want to have to go through all of the folders on 30 computers and drag one folder at a time from the old file to the new file. Thanks, Joe I have had pretty good luck importing. Of course, when you import, you = will no longer have access to any custom forms, views, or Rules Wizard = rules.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.h...

Saving an excel file without it amending the name of file name
I enter new data in excel and when i save it it remaes itself by putting copy of infront of the name of the file. I use this on a daily basis so i will have lots of files called copy of and then when i save again its says copy of copy ...

Excel Addition Issue
All, I was getting strange results in my spreadsheet. Some columns or rows were adding fine, others were returning zero as the result (when that was incorrect). I noticed similar issues in this group, most of which had to do with the floating point issue. Tried the solutions referenced in the articles, none of them worked. I discovered the issue that I was having and thought that I would share it in case anyone else has it. When I opened the spreadsheet Excel was telling me that there was a circular argument (but was not telling me where it was). I fixed that problem by going to Tools -...

Find function in a macro
I want to set up a macro that searches a column for a value 'X' and then selects the cell right under the cell that contains 'X'. I have been stumped on this for a few days now and would really really appreciate any sort of help or guidance. Thanks a lot! SK --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sub Findit() Dim r as Range For Each r in Range("A1:A1000") 'Or whatever yours is If r.Value = "X" Then Range("A" & r.Row+1).Select 'Change A to your column Exit For End If Next End Sub K P.S. You could probably use an...

Word and Excel and Power Point will not load
I have Office 2004 and Entourage will load and work but the other programs will not. t. The try to open but will shut down. I have reloaded the programs and no l luck and have restated my mac any other ideas? In article <1193067447.218191.272920@v23g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, truby28@gmail.com wrote: > I have Office 2004 and Entourage will load and work but the other > programs will not. t. The try to open but will shut down. I have > reloaded the programs and no l luck and have restated my mac any other > ideas? First idea is that "reloading" the applications ...

Excel bug? #2
Just curious if anyone has ever seen this. I think it might just be bug in excel. In sheet 1, cell H199 has the formula: =F199&"/"&F199& "&IF(B199="AAR","Regular",IF(B199="AAC","CDA",IF(B199="AAN","NEF","???"))) It results in #Value! even though all cell references appear to b good. If I copy this entire sheet to sheet 2 the error goes away and i returns what I think is a correct value. Could this be some sort o formatting issue -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It'...

Excel slow to load blank workbook on startup
Hi Excel 2003 Excel opens quickly to display the program frame but with the grey background instead of the cells of the initial worksheet. About 5-10 seconds later it loads the worksheet. It might be loading it from our companies slow server. What is the standard workbook that it's trying to load? What is it called? Is there path to it in Options? If there is I can't see it :-( Hope you can help me. Cheers Dave F. Excel isn't like MSWord. There are no standard workbooks that have to be opened when excel opens. Each user does have the option of adding any workbooks he or ...

How can I shade two sets of items differently on an Excel graph?
Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts -- perhaps that's what you want: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart pchanster wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Multiple users in Outlook 2000
I'm using Outlook 2000 and my fiance wants a separate user account for her e-mail contacts and such. I've read other postings that said go to mail in control panel and select profiles. However, my Outlook 2000 does not show a profiles tab. Could someone help me out. Thanks. You must have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode, which does not support profiles. If you need to keep things completely separate between your mail/contacts/appointments/etc. and those of your fiancee', your options are: 1) Switch to Corporate/Workgroup mode, which does support profiles; 2) S...

I cannot get excell to change to landscape
I want to print in landscape format. Yes I know the way to change it - File page set up page landscape but that does not work. Even when landscape is "clicked" the page still prints in portrait. When I do a page preview it appears in portrait. Any ideas on another "switch" or setting. I have closed excell and restarted but still the same thing. Thank you James Almost always, printing issues in Excel are directly tied to the printer being used. Is your printer capable of Landscape? Does it have some settings that need to be changed (Windows Start>Settings&...

excel charting
how can i get a horizantal line at XX value to traverse a columns graph. for example: i'm charting widgets using vertical bars and want to add a benchmark line at XX widgets. thanks. Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a horizontal line to a chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine Texas Aggie wrote: > how can i get a horizantal line at XX value to traverse a columns graph. > for example: > i'm charting widgets using vertical bars and want to add a benchmark line at > XX widgets. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book ...

Preventing IE from using Outlook 2000 Email addr as default
Hello- WinXP box, using Outlook 2000 & MSIE v.6.00 XPSP2. When using IE I want to prevent it from using my Outlook 2000 email address as the default for any forms submitted from the web. Any suggestions how I can do this? TIA. ...

Export existing Project Data to Excel
How can I export existing Project data to Excel without having to lose the formatting of the different cells, as in fonts and especially indents to distinguish tasks and summary task as well as subtasks? I also want to bring in the % complete which it does not seen to get exported. I did do File save as Excel workbook and followed the wizzard but that does not get me what I need. Any idea. PLease advise. Thanks Hello Sundos Masri, You can modify the data exported in the Export Wizard. Start as you have with File > Save As, and select Excel as the file type. Do not...

Dragging/Copying Formulas in Excel 2007
I'm trying to copy a formula in Excel 2007. When I drag the formula down the column, the calculation from the first cell is copied, even though the proper formula shows in each cell. In Oct 2005, JMB answered this question and said to set caluculation to automatic versus manual by doing Tools/Options/Calcuation - Automatic. But how do you do this in Excel 2007 where there is no Tools tab???!! (I HATE OFFICE 2007!) Hi, Go to the microsoft icon at the top left,then Excel options at the right bottom, formulas 2nd option, there you have calculation in first place ...

Excel
If cells A1-C1 are merged and formatted to wrap text, but the amount of text overflows to more than one row, i.e. requiring the text to wrap, the row height doesn't auto-resize. Also, double clicking to adjust the row height doesn't respect wrapped text. It is necessary to manually adjust the row height - and even then if the row is instructed to set auto height - it reverts to a single row of text, visually truncating the second and subsequent rows. Excel ought to be able to correctly adjust row height. Note: this problem has persisted through the last several versions of MS ...

Excel 2007 #4
When I instert a chart with columns in a spreadsheet, save the file, then go back to it the charts vanish. does anyone else have a fix or solution to the charts disappear? ...

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Two excel docs into one...with a common value
I'm a self-taught excel wizard, first or second level. I've got two lists of information. One list has 15,000 records and the second list has 800 records. The second smaller list has a column that is a code (i.e. L-1234) that corresponds to the same code in the first, larger list. Both lists have different information. How can I get the info from the smaller list into the larger list without manually cutting and pasting? Martha W. Stone wrote: > I'm a self-taught excel wizard, first or second level. I've got two > lists of information. One list has 15,000 record...

In Excel, how do I identify the contents of a cell as numerical o.
In excel, I am trying to use the IF formula to put out a value, depending on whether the cell has text or a numerical value. How can I identify the contents of a cell as text or numeric using a formula? Try =Istext(Cell) and =Isnumber(cell) respectively. "jessica" wrote: > In excel, I am trying to use the IF formula to put out a value, depending on > whether the cell has text or a numerical value. How can I identify the > contents of a cell as text or numeric using a formula? =IF(ISTEXT(A1),<Result>,<Result>) "jessica" wrote: > In excel, I ...

Excel: How automatically read coefficients from polynomial fit?
I need the coefficients from a polynomial trendline in a chart for further calculations in excel. Is there a function in excel to get it automatically or do I need to manually type the values displayed in the chart into my worksheet? Use LINEST as demonstrated in http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "M.R." <M.R.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1641E309-2475-451A-BB3C-9DCB58F8D836@microsoft.com... >I need the coefficients from a...

change the measurement units in MS Excel 2003?
How to change the default measurement units from centimeters to inches in MS Excel 2003? See Help for the CONVERT() function. Jerry celia wrote: > How to change the default measurement units from centimeters to inches in MS > Excel 2003? Or she might want to change from metric to US under start>setting>control panel and regional settings -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Jerry W. Lewis" <post_a_reply@no_e-mail.com> wrote in message news:41AFEED0.3050406@no_e-mai...

How to copy large data from one excel to another using VBScript
Hi all, I have a master source xls file with 10000 Rows and with around 28 columns. So the dat size is high. I have a distribution list that too in excel. It contains various filters need to be applied and flie saved to be saved in another name. VBScript code opens the distribution list, goes through row by row, open the source file, applies the filter , save the file as new name, close the source . For next row , the same process is called again. Problem is that since I am opening the source file again and again, it is taking large time. Is there any wayout that I open the so...

Excel 97 tabs
Is there a way to change the fonts and/or background colors on the Excel 97 file tabs? No This was established in Excel XP "SS" <ssriding1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00e601c36c01$31cea820$a601280a@phx.gbl... : Is there a way to change the fonts and/or background : colors on the Excel 97 file tabs? : ...

cell to auto adjust to fit text in excel 02
i would like a cell to automatically adjust in excel, depending on how much text is written in the cell. please could someone help me with this ...